See You!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » See you!
See you!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-21 20:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

^

Darki's goodbye-thread getting derailed...it's like proof of existence of some higher cosmic justice somewhere. Or something.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Trying to decipher that quote train is a mindfuck.

TL;DR of it:

I don't see the point in playing something that I don't find fun.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Remora.Gempig said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
But im staying on this forum ;(

please dont

Reported for obvious flame bait.
Reported for telling everyone you reported.
Not really, but that's pretty much the concept of it, you don't have to make a post every time you report something lol.

I just wanted to point out how flion removed his gear from his page. Doesn't pertain to this topic, but I just noticed it and don't know where else to say it.

inb4 "why u is on mah page?"

My gear is irrelevant to most debates I have, this way people will hopefully argue logically instead of chirping "omg u is gimpz".

Too late now, I already know. :(

People are free to check my item sets if they desperately want to know what gear I'm using (???)

I honestly don't take that much stock in what people's opinions on my gear is, The game isn't exactly going to be alive for much longer so it's pretty pointless upgrading when I barely play.

Kudos to you if you feel like upgrading though.

I could respond logically and agree with you, but instead I won't fall for your trap.

You are gimp and lazy.

And you're putting time into something even more pointless than a normal MMO.

What makes this MMO less "normal" than any other, and does the word "normal" even really have a meaning? Who is the one to decide what is normal and why are they correct?

Also, is time wasted if there is no better applicable use for it? And who is to decide what is better than something else? I'm sure there are many worse ways to spend your time.

Dying MMO is dying. I used to play Everquest and as soon as the sequel was announced everyone stopped playing and caring about gear (Apart from the hardcore fanbase who probably play to this day) But I'm far too apathetic in terms of the game to care about my equipment or anything that happens.

And your argument about time may be sound when applying to you, but for me personally I do have better things to do with my time. Laying in bed all day is a better usage of my time, time is relevant to the person it effects.

Will I log-on time to time before XIV? Probably if a friend needs help duoing something, or in the strange event I feel like levelling sch again. Does that require that I spend hours of grinding to acquire better equipment? No.

Kind of. If you don't care about your gear that's perfectly fine, but you feel the need to justify that by speaking of time and effort. Which means to some degree you feel you SHOULD have better gear, or care that you don't have great gear. Otherwise you wouldn't have responded to it at all other than "I don't care".

I don't really see the "better use of my time" as an argument at all. If you have better things to do, then by all means do them, but it's prolly safe to assume there's better things to do ALL the time. You should spend your focus on those other things and not play an mmorpg under those circumstances imo.

Most of the ppl that play an mmorpg is because they don't have better things to do, it's usually during their "off time", "fun time", "me time" or w/e. Anything you do during said times is generally useless and only for fun. Meaning in a way there isn't anything better to do, but once again if there is, there prolly is a lot and you should just focus on them and quit mmorpgs~

Not really, I care very little about what other people think about my gear, It's never been an issue to me when I was playing the game hardcore. Now that I honestly have no drive to play the game, I care even less about my equipment. Am I gimp in some aspects? Yes. Would I attempt to better my gear if I wasn't so bored of the game? Yes.

In my fun time, I have better things to spend my time on. Playing TF2 is a better thing for me to spend my time on because I enjoy the activity, Watching a film or going out with friends is more fun to me than playing this particular MMO. Doesn't mean I think all time used playing MMO's is time wasted, but time spent doing something you're not enjoying, just for e-peen is in my opinion futile.

If I'm not having fun doing a certain activity I'm not going to do it, I don't have an addictive personality so if I'm not having fun with something I don't feel a drive to do it.

If I ever do start playing again, and enjoy the game then I'll start trying to acquire better gear again, but until then with the limited time I'm going to spend in the game, I'd prefer to do something that's fun, and not work.

....You play TF2? That's possibly the shittiest shooter game ever made and ruined the orange box.

Cheap gameplay, cheap graphics, lag ect. ect. *** *** sucks. Play a real man's game like Halo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

....You play TF2? That's possibly the shittiest shooter game ever made and ruined the orange box.

Cheap gameplay, cheap graphics, lag ect. ect. *** *** sucks. Play a real man's game like Halo.

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

You just can't defend it because you know it sucks. I thought you were a man that wanted to battle with logic, you are taking the easy way out with pics.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

You just can't defend it because you know it sucks. I thought you were a man that wanted to battle with logic, you are taking the easy way out with pics.

What do you find sucks about it? Demo-men being overpowered? HWG's being UP? I mean I'd debate it if you had a logical stand point from where to attack it from.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

What do you find sucks about it? Demo-men being overpowered? HWG's being UP? I mean I'd debate it if you had a logical stand point from where to attack it from.

The game has shitty graphics, it's not an old game but it looks like it was made in 2000. The weapons and ***are just gay. Shitty looking flamethrowers and knives and ***? It's laggy, like a lot of steam games, it just sucks all around. Most over rated game ever.

The only thing worth buying out of the orange box was portal. HL2 wasn't very good either really.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

The game has shitty graphics, it's not an old game but it looks like it was made in 2000. The weapons and ***are just gay. Shitty looking flamethrowers and knives and ***? It's laggy, like a lot of steam games, it just sucks all around. Most over rated game ever.

The only thing worth buying out of the orange box was portal. HL2 wasn't very good either really.
Has good graphics on PS3
<.<
>.>
but your point of shitty graphics is a bit moot just due to all teh games on the orangebox using the source engine.

mid-paragraph edit: if you think the rest of the games on orange box has shitty graphics, then your point has been made...but i'd say pointing out how bad graphics a game has is silly when you play ffxi though :/
you could point out the horrendous game mechanics though.
I actually enjoyed the game BEFORE they nerfed everything, now everything kills you once and you don't have the rock>paper>scissors deal that it had in the beginning.
now it's just another fps IMO.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lag will happen on every game. Lag is dictated by Ping. Steam games actually have lag compensation built into the game which means the lag is less evident. Of course if you play on servers from Australia then you're going to see lag spikes.

The Graphics are actually really high spec if you play another level besides 2fort and Dustbowl. The Snowy maps and rainy maps have really high decals and high quality textures. Higher than those of HL2: Episode two.

And regardless of the graphics the gameplay is the main aspect, and it's one of the most balanced team based games out there today. The game is set mid century so the flamethrower obviously isn't going to be high-tec. The Knife is only usable by the spy, and it's used to backstab people. There are also knives in nearly every FPS.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Has good graphics on PS3
<.<
>.>
but your point of shitty graphics is a bit moot just due to all teh games on the orangebox using the source engine.

mid-paragraph edit: if you think the rest of the games on orange box has shitty graphics, then your point has been made...but i'd say pointing out how bad graphics a game has is silly when you play ffxi though :/
you could point out the horrendous game mechanics though.
I actually enjoyed the game BEFORE they nerfed everything, now everything kills you once and you don't have the rock>paper>scissors deal that it had in the beginning.
now it's just another fps IMO.

The game is more balanced today than it ever was in the past lol.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

And regardless of the graphics the gameplay is the main aspect, and it's one of the most balanced team based games out there today. The game is set mid century so the flamethrower obviously isn't going to be high-tec. The Knife is only usable by the spy, and it's used to backstab people. There are also knives in nearly every FPS.
I would agree on this with you, but TF2 as it is now is completely and utterly boring compared to near when it released.
yeah it's balanced like every other shooting game.
i loved the rock paper scissors aspect of it in the beginning.
but it really doesn't have that feel anymore.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lag will happen on every game. Lag is dictated by Ping. Steam games actually have lag compensation built into the game which means the lag is less evident. Of course if you play on servers from Australia then you're going to see lag spikes.

The Graphics are actually really high spec if you play another level besides 2fort and Dustbowl. The Snowy maps and rainy maps have really high decals and high quality textures. Higher than those of HL2: Episode two.

I've never had any lag in Halo. All of steam games have horrible servers and lag. They are shittily made games tbh.

I've yet to see high spec graphics on it, the characters too not just terrain. Looks like the *** Incredibles disney cartoon.

Game doesn't flow properly, weapons don't work/look right. I mean just everything about it spells out cheap game tbh. Each game has their fanboys though I guess, no matter hwo shitty it is.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I would agree on this with you, but TF2 as it is now is completely and utterly boring compared to near when it released.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Scouts will still lose to engies if they have a sentry up, Spies will still die to Pyros most of the time, and heavies still massacre Pyros.

It was pretty much...

Heavy > Pyro > Spy > Engie > Scout > Demo

Demo < > Soldier

Before. The new weapons haven't changed anything that much. Soldiers are good all rounders and demo's pretty much dominate the field if they demo is good.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I've never had any lag in Halo. All of steam games have horrible servers and lag. They are shittily made games tbh.

I've yet to see high spec graphics on it, the characters too not just terrain. Looks like the *** Incredibles disney cartoon.

Game doesn't flow properly, weapons don't work/look right. I mean just everything about it spells out cheap game tbh. Each game has their fanboys though I guess, no matter hwo shitty it is.

Are we talking about Halo now?

Every argument you have is incredibly relative to the player, and the majority of people disagree completely with you.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, LolControllerFPS.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Troll.jpg

Every argument you have is incredibly relative to the player, and the majority of people disagree completely with you.

No, was about the TF2 fanboys. I don't play Halo anymore, but it's still the best, MWF2 is also great.

No one here has defended TF2 but you, how are they disagreeing with me? :(
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Scouts will still lose to engies if they have a sentry up, Spies will still die to Pyros most of the time, and heavies still massacre Pyros.

It was pretty much...

Demo < > Soldier

Before. The new weapons haven't changed anything that much. Soldiers are good all rounders and demo's pretty much dominate the field if they demo is good.
When did you first start playing TF2 is a better question?
If you played it on release you would have a good idea what the big differences are.
All the differences are as you said, but you can die quick as ***in 16+ games nowadays compared to how quickly you died, how the game played out was more fun because you had to use a little bit more strategy rather than blitzkrieg.

edit: this is just from my experiences with playing it the most recent time.
that and I was a big demoman fan, and they have nerfed him down a *** since release.
i don't know anything about most of the newer weapons so that ***will be a non-point for me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It was pretty much...

Demo < > Soldier

If you played it on release you would have a good idea what the big differences are.
All the differences are as you said, but you can die quick as ***in 16+ games nowadays compared to how quickly you died, how the game played out was more fun because you had to use a little bit more strategy rather that blitzkrieg.

I'm a beta player. And on CP maps the only reason it's faster now is because of the fact that people know the best spots, and generally have a higher skill base with the classes that matter (Namely medic, Demo, Soldier and Scout)

Play a new map, and you'll realise the defending team will win 99% of the time for the first couple of months, and slowly the attacking team will learn strategies to push forward and where sentries will be placed etc.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It was pretty much...

Demo < > Soldier

All the differences are as you said, but you can die quick as ***in 16+ games nowadays compared to how quickly you died, how the game played out was more fun because you had to use a little bit more strategy rather that blitzkrieg.

I'm a beta player. And on CP maps the only reason it's faster now is because of the fact that people know the best spots, and generally have a higher skill base with the classes that matter (Namely medic, Demo, Soldier and Scout)

Play a new map, and you'll realise the defending team will win 99% of the time for the first couple of months, and slowly the attacking team will learn strategies to push forward and where sentries will be placed etc.
what teams?
how many people even play this game now?
i played it more to have fun and beat down some friends, that was the main fun point for me.
I don't really know what you mean by beta player in regards to this lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Troll.jpg

No, was about the TF2 fanboys. I don't play Halo anymore, but it's still the best, MWF2 is also great.

Halo brought nothing new to the table, it was and still is a very solid single player game, but it's nothing special online. Unreal tournament and Quake do a better job than Halo does online. MWF2 is like Battlefield but worse, everything they added is a blatant rip off from the old battlefield games bar the vehicles. Battlefield bad company 2 (which was the worst battlefield online to date) was more balanced and had a better unlock system than MWF2.

Also, Not people on this forum. The collective of FPS players rate TF2 highly for the Graphics and gameplay. It's generally accepted as a balanced, well rounded game. Halo has a terrible terrible reputation which seems to be well founded.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It was pretty much...

Demo < > Soldier

what teams?
how many people even play this game now?
i played it more to have fun and beat down some friends, that was the main fun point for me.
I don't really know what you mean by beta player in regards to this lol.

Basically I was a player before the main release of the game, I've been playing since before release. 24 man is the proper way to play the game, and 24 player servers are easily findable throughout the day. The main fun point for me is to play with my clan and have fun balanced matches, something that happens 99% of the time.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Also, Not people on this forum. The collective of FPS players rate TF2 highly for the Graphics and gameplay. It's generally accepted as a balanced, well rounded game. Halo has a terrible terrible reputation which seems to be well founded.
I'm just wondering you being a big TF2 fan, have you played TFC?
edit:TFC>TF2 for the most part IMO, not in regards to gameplay or graphics, something a biiit more legitimate, I rate games like that on a fun scale, and TFC was an 8, TF2 was a 7, now it's more of a 5.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Yar I played TF and TFC. It's what got me so excited for the game before release lol.

TF had serious balancing issues, (Grenades -_-) but is still fun as hell to play.

Eh, TFC was pretty fun, but I prefer TF2 due to the nature of the game-modes (mainly Payload).
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Yar I played TF and TFC. It's what got me so excited for the game before release lol.

TF had serious balancing issues, (Grenades -_-) but is still fun as hell to play.
hell yeah.
I raped on that game at a constant rate.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

hell yeah.
I raped on that game at a constant rate.

It was my old-school FPS of choice, I played that and Quake semi-serious for a year or so. I still played it after that, but you know that slow decline you get from not playing an FPS in a while, I was in that and I couldn't do anything to keep up with my clan-mates.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Troll.jpg

Halo brought nothing new to the table, it was and still is a very solid single player game, but it's nothing special online. Unreal tournament and Quake do a better job than Halo does online. MWF2 is like Battlefield but worse, everything they added is a blatant rip off from the old battlefield games bar the vehicles. Battlefield bad company 2 (which was the worst battlefield online to date) was more balanced and had a better unlock system than MWF2.

I've never seen anyone who doesn't play TF2 say good things about it, this fps community must be ppl that play it therefore they count as the TF2 community.

Ofc the TF2 community will rate TF2 well... that's what they play. If you're going that route then ask the halo fans about halo, they will say it's also well balanced and the best.

TF2 is like mac and apple products, at the core it's ***, but you have a band of hipsters buying it because they think it's cool.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9