See You!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » See you!
See you!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Eirinne 2010-07-21 20:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Trying to decipher that quote train is a mindfuck.

TL;DR of it:

I don't see the point in playing something that I don't find fun.

Normally I'd agree with this, but then I realized I'm watching Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity have angry sex on Fox News and realized that I do stuff even though I hate it sometimes.

:D
i LOL'D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
I've never seen anyone who doesn't play TF2 say good things about it, this fps community must be ppl that play it therefore they count as the TF2 community.

Ofc the TF2 community will rate TF2 well... that's what they play. If you're going that route then ask the halo fans about halo, they will say it's also well balanced and the best.

TF2 is like mac and apple products, at the core it's ***, but you have a band of hipsters buying it because they think it's cool.

Not exactly. TF2 has gained critical acclaim from many places and has a metacritic score of: 92%.

The Halo series has an average metacritic scoring of: 87%.

(if you don't know what Metacritic is:)
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Metacritic doesn't actually "say" anything, is the thing. It's an objective weighted average of every major review, from both the dedicated fanboy sites and the dedicated haters. Big guys, little guys, and stuff in between.

As such, it tends to be pretty accurate, to the point that a lot of gaming industry employee reviews, postmortems, etc like to reference it. It can't be brushed off as easily.

Previous FF's (with the exception of XI, most of which was just the fact it's an MMO) have never had much trouble consistently scoring in the 90's. ("Universal Acclaim.") To barely manage a score in the 80's ("Generally Favorable") is pretty abyssal for the franchise.

Scoring in the "D" range for combined fan reviews (which tend to be higher) is even worse.

TF2 doesn't have as large a fanbase as Halo, but saying that makes it ***, is like saying WoW makes FFXI ***.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I'm going to assume you play on the 360, if that's the case you are going to be incredibly limited with your choice of FPS. (also lolcontroller)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

TF2 doesn't have as large a fanbase as Halo, but saying that makes it ***, is like saying WoW makes FFXI ***.
WoW kind of makes all MMO's look shitty, by association.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Also I'm going to assume you play on the 360, if that's the case you are going to be incredibly limited with your choice of FPS. (also lolcontroller)
Please don't assume things Flion, you aren't so good at that.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

But it doesn't make them ***. Through his example the fact that Halo is more popular than TF2 is making it '***at the core'

It's the exact same as saying because Wow is more popular than FFXI, FFXI is ***at the core.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 20:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

He plays Halo 3 online.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 20:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

But it doesn't make them ***. Through his example the fact that Halo is more popular than TF2 is making it '***at the core'

It's the exact same as saying because Wow is more popular than FFXI, FFXI is ***at the core.
I dunno about all that, but Valve=bunch of ***.
do you know anything about when they are releasing the next half life installment?
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

He plays Halo 3 online.

I don't see anywhere in this thread where he said that he played Halo 3, can you point that out to me?
I play Halo 3 when I'm shitfaced because I beat some 13 year old ***.
Seriously it's fun.
Get drunk as ***, play halo 3 and still beat everyone.
It's great.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 20:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've never seen anyone who doesn't play TF2 say good things about it, this fps community must be ppl that play it therefore they count as the TF2 community.

Ofc the TF2 community will rate TF2 well... that's what they play. If you're going that route then ask the halo fans about halo, they will say it's also well balanced and the best.

TF2 is like mac and apple products, at the core it's ***, but you have a band of hipsters buying it because they think it's cool.

Not exactly. TF2 has gained critical acclaim from many places and has a metacritic score of: 92%.

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Metacritic doesn't actually "say" anything, is the thing. It's an objective weighted average of every major review, from both the dedicated fanboy sites and the dedicated haters. Big guys, little guys, and stuff in between.

As such, it tends to be pretty accurate, to the point that a lot of gaming industry employee reviews, postmortems, etc like to reference it. It can't be brushed off as easily.

Previous FF's (with the exception of XI, most of which was just the fact it's an MMO) have never had much trouble consistently scoring in the 90's. ("Universal Acclaim.") To barely manage a score in the 80's ("Generally Favorable") is pretty abyssal for the franchise.

Scoring in the "D" range for combined fan reviews (which tend to be higher) is even worse.

I'm clearly on PC right now, why would I play on 360? I do use my 360 controller in my USB port though for it. People who play with mouse have no skill, people who play with a controller take more technical skill. Maybe you aren't good enough to play with a controller but doesn't mean mouse is better because you can't use it.

That metacritic ***is steam based stuff no? Idk their fancy mumbo jumbo but clearly a steam based scoring system is going to rate a steam game higher than a non-steam game by the type of ppl that are rating it. Most of them will be using steam and steam games.

It does make FFXI ***, I happen to like FFXI more, but technically it's not as successful as WoW.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I dunno about all that, but Valve=bunch of ***.
do you know anything about when they are releasing the next half life installment?

No-one does, It's assumed Gabe Newell has eaten the development team.

Valve are an awesome company though, outside of HL2: ep3 they give a lot to the community. Just yesterday they release a free game that was incredibly balanced and had really awesome Co-op play.

Hell, they even gave portal away for free for a couple of weeks lol.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-21 21:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have TF2 for PC and Xbox360 and I hate it on both consoles.

TF2 is a game for people that camp in corners with noob tubes and the like.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

I'm clearly on PC right now, why would I play on 360? I do use my 360 controller in my USB port though for it. People who play with mouse have no skill, people who play with a controller take more technical skill. Maybe you aren't good enough to play with a controller but doesn't mean mouse is better because you can't use it.

That metacritic ***is steam based stuff no? Idk their fancy mumbo jumbo but clearly a steam based scoring system is going to rate a steam game higher than a non-steam game by the type of ppl that are rating it. Most of them will be using steam and steam games.

It does make FFXI ***, I happen to like FFXI more, but technically it's not as successful as WoW.
Whoever plays ffxi using a mouse needs to be slapped IMO.
I have a nice gaming mouse that I had for my fpsz that=useless when it comes to ffxi.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

I always just kind of watched movement patterns and just sit in the back of the board and shoot stickies to where people jump and watch the hilarity.
I also did a mass amount of griefing which was more fun than playing the actual game.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Ok, I actually Lol'd irl. You're saying a controller (which in nearly every FPS auto-aims) takes more skill than a mouse.

K bro lol.

The Mouse and keyboard is a superior control system. Pit a controller using player up against a keyboard and mouse user and see what happens. Just because something is harder to use doesn't make it the better choice. You don't see people hard wiring Atari joysticks to play FPS with do you?

Metacritic isn't steam based no, it's a collective of many many reviews over the internet and then it averages the general score of a game. Big reviewers, small reviewers, fan-boys, biased critics, all reviews and scores are used.

Something being more popular than something else, doesn't automatically make everything below it ***. Saying that is just idiotic.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-21 21:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh i go to sleep and this is what happens!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
i totally thought this thread was about tf2 for the last few pages lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

Airblast, Heavies, Übers etc.

Demo's aren't hard to take out if your team has any form of teamwork what-so-ever.

Also Playing maps that cater to certain classes is obviously going to make that class better.

My suggestion; Stop playing Dustbowl and Goldrush, and play some of the better balanced maps.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

Shut up.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Ok, I actually Lol'd irl. You're saying a controller (which in nearly every game auto-aims) takes more skill than a mouse.

K bro lol.

The Mouse and keyboard is a superior control system. Pit a controller using player up against a keyboard and mouse user and see what happens. Just because something is harder to use doesn't make it the better choice. You don't see people hard wiring Atari joysticks to play FPS with do you?

Metacritic isn't steam based no, it's a collective of many many reviews over the internet and then it averages the general score of a game. Big reviewers, small reviewers, fan-boys, biased critics, all reviews and scores are used.

Something being more popular than something else, doesn't automatically make everything below it ***. Saying that is just idiotic.

Naw, you turn auto-aim off, any decent game has it. I mean, if you feel the need to use auto-aim that's fine, I just thought you had some skill.

Metacritic is an very skewed rating system then. There may only be one biased negative rating somewhere, but 50 biased positive reviews, completley destroying it's credibility. Yet another shitty thing steam made~

Eating ***isn't popular, but you would agree it's not as good as eating pie, which is, right?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-21 21:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Is this about FFXIII? Because I remember most reviews said that it'd be an awesome rpg <.<
Then again I've never played it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Demo's aren't hard to take out if your team has any form of teamwork what-so-ever.

Also Playing maps that cater to certain classes is obviously going to make that class better.

My suggestion; Stop playing Dustbowl and Goldrush, and play some of the better balanced maps.
Whats the map with all the blue in it?
I remember I always went through and placed a teleporter at the enemy base and kind of situated all my stuff to kill them right when they were running out.
Oh well I kind of do that in every game and just beat the ***out of everyone, my engineer did not like guns.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

Shut up.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Ok, I actually Lol'd irl. You're saying a controller (which in nearly every game auto-aims) takes more skill than a mouse.

K bro lol.

Naw, you turn auto-aim off, any decent game has it. I mean, if you feel the need to use auto-aim that's fine, I just thought you had some skill.

Metacritic is an very skewed rating system then. There may only be one biased negative rating somewhere, but 50 biased positive reviews, completley destroying it's credibility. Yet another shitty thing steam made~

Eating ***isn't popular, but you would agree it's not as good as eating pie, which is, right?

Steam didn't make Metacritic. Also I don't use a controller for FPS games, it's an illogical FPS device that obviously is inferior to a keyboard and mouse in every way.

And again through your logic, not just eating ***, but eating ANYTHING other than pie is stupid, if pie is the most popular food?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So TF2 has unbalanced maps, which cause OP classes in said maps, meaning you shouldn't use some of the maps? Doesn't seem like a balanced game like you said before...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Whats the map with all the blue in it?
I remember I always went through and placed a teleporter at the enemy base and kind of situated all my stuff to kill them right when they were running out.
Oh well I kind of do that in every game and just beat the ***out of everyone, my engineer did not like guns.

I'd assume either Hydro or Gravel pit, both are blueish and pretty easy to get in the backlines on.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So TF2 has unbalanced maps, which cause OP classes in said maps, meaning you shouldn't use some of the maps? Doesn't seem like a balanced game like you said before...

Every game has at least 1 unbalanced map.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

MMM PIE
*cues in Darki for a food conversation*
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Shut up.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

K bro lol.

Metacritic is a very skewed rating system then. There may only be one biased negative rating somewhere, but 50 biased positive reviews, completley destroying it's credibility. Yet another shitty thing steam made~

Steam didn't make Metacritic. Also I don't use a controller for FPS games, it's an illogical FPS device that obviously is inferior to a keyboard and mouse in every way.

And again through your logic, not just eating ***, but eating ANYTHING other than pie is stupid, if pie is the most popular food?

I *** love pie, so in a way yes. Your logic is no better though.

They support metacritic, whether they use it or not, I see it plastered all over steam games. There is NO accurate form of a rating system for games that work, since it's all about opinions. Unless you ask every single gamer. Preferably the ones who have played the games. How many ppl currently play it is about all you can go by.

Once again, if you aren't good enough to use a controller fine... but that doesn't make it inferior because you have to use a mouse.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is.
TF2 got what rating like 90 something right?
halo got an accumulative rating over several games.
what's the rating for, lets say just halo as samuraiking had mentioned.
i will find out in a moment.
Halo got a 97, check and mate.
edit: and the whole "user rating" system on metacritic isn't worth a ***so don't use that as a point lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Shut up.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

K bro lol.

Metacritic is a very skewed rating system then. There may only be one biased negative rating somewhere, but 50 biased positive reviews, completley destroying it's credibility. Yet another shitty thing steam made~

They support metacritic, whether they use it or not, I see it plastered all over steam games. There is NO accurate form of a rating system for games that work, since it's all about opinions. Unless you ask every single gamer. Preferably the ones who have played the games. How many ppl currently play it is about all you can go by.

Once again, if you aren't good enough to use a controller fine... but that doesn't make it inferior because you have to use a mouse.

No, it is inferior. Someone with the exact same reactions using a keyboard and mouse and a controller would have greater control over a game with KB&M.

Metacritic scoring is also shown on the box of Halo games.

And not really, Not many gamers play Unreal tournament anymore, or Quake for that matter. Doesn't make them bad games in any sense. A player-base isn't an indication of how good a game is.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
The thing is.

Which Halo? Some Halo games have had inferior scores, some have had superior scores.

Halo on the PC for example (seeing as Samurai said he uses it) had a score of 83. Halo 2 had a score of 72.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Shut up.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

K bro lol.

No, it is inferior. Someone with the exact same reactions using a keyboard and mouse and a controller would have greater control over a game with KB&M.

Metacritic scoring is also shown on the box of Halo games.

And not really, Not many gamers play Unreal tournament anymore, or Quake for that matter. Doesn't make them bad games in any sense. A player-base isn't an indication of how good a game is.

So a stickman flash fighting game that is literally terrible in all aspects, with a player base of 2 isn't bad?

Also, where is data to back up KBM players ARE in fact, better than ANY controller player? I'd like to know how this research was done.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
The thing is.

Which Halo? Some Halo games have had inferior scores, some have had superior scores.

Halo on the PC for example (seeing as Samurai said he uses it) had a score of 83. Halo 2 had a score of 72.

TF2 on pc, halo 1+2+3 on xbox/360.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9