Yigit vs Sha'ir Manteel
First Page 2 3 4
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-04-29 18:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been a lv 75 BRD for a while now and i was wondering what would be a better/quicker choice: Doing assault for Yigit body or farming for Sha'ir Manteel. (If there's any other body piece that i don't know about and that has stats near those two pieces, suggestions are welcome!).
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-29 18:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on how fast you make gil really. For most people I'd say Yigit is easier to maintain. Sha'ir is mostly an E-peen item and you can cap spellcast time without Sha'ir nowadays anyway.

Also I'd look into getting a minstrel's ring and a -HP set to proc it before buying a Manteel.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fdeath
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-29 18:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yigit body price/time.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-29 18:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
It depends on how fast you make gil really. For most people I'd say Yigit is easier to maintain. Sha'ir is mostly an E-peen item and you can cap spellcast time without Sha'ir nowadays anyway.

Also I'd look into getting a minstrel's ring and a -HP set to proc it before buying a Manteel.
Ninian has spoken
 Sylph.Ashaaman
Server: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-04-29 18:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well really. The question is: Do you know of an assault you can spam for 20k points? How fast can you farm gil? Answer both questions, see which takes less time, and go for it. The only other piece I can think of would be Marduk Jubbah and full set of Marduk, but that's not exactly easier to obtain.
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-04-29 18:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yigit i soloed mine, as dnc but I think Brd can also do it easy :D
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-29 18:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can spam Saving Private Ryaaf pretty easily.

Also if you're doing assault rankups, nyzul or Salvage on a frequent basis I'd farm a Manteel instead too. :/
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-04-29 18:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Soloed? :o

I can make gil relatively fast. I'm just not sure about Assault. No one never does T1 anymore on Ragnarok :/
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-04-29 18:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-04-29 18:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

I can make gil relatively fast. I'm just not sure about Assault. No one never does T1 anymore on Ragnarok :/
yeah i did mine on dnc and just found ls people or /shout for people to leech o,.,o
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-04-29 18:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

yeah i did mine on dnc and just found ls people or /shout for people to leech o,.,o
ah.... ok i think ill try that... and use my gil for a ministrel's ring :)
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-04-29 18:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Which one can DNC solo?

*will have to look into this*
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-04-29 19:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Which one can DNC solo?

Yeah... me too
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2010-04-30 00:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer the question of what assault can easily be soloed, its Saving Private Ryaaf. I know I can easily solo it on SAM/MNK. If you ask why do that job combo, 2 main reasons.... 1. /mnk gives me access to Staff WSs (since Earth Crusher instant-kills the Chigs) 2. SAM main because I get 100TP per meditate. If you for some reason got the movement speed + legs from ASA for SAM, then this is an absolute joke if you run into any formers, else you have to be really careful to solo. It really can be soloed on an array of jobs. The biggest issue is getting 2 leeches to come.

As for Yigit vs Sha'ir.... Yigit is typically going to be easier to get if you have the ability to spam assaults for the points. Sha'ir = loads of gil. If you can get the gil, Sha'ir is looked at as a better piece, else you might as well just get Yigit and move on.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-30 03:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The only real question in my mind is whether or not you do salvage, and how often. If you don't do salvage, get yigit. If you do salvage say, 4 times a week or less (and have at least rank 9 assaults unlocked), get yigit. The difference between Yigit and Sha'ir really isn't enough to warrant the price tag if you can get yigit for 0 gil and 15-20 assault runs.
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-05-01 06:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
The only real question in my mind is whether or not you do salvage, and how often. If you don't do salvage, get yigit. If you do salvage say, 4 times a week or less (and have at least rank 9 assaults unlocked), get yigit. The difference between Yigit and Sha'ir really isn't enough to warrant the price tag if you can get yigit for 0 gil and 15-20 assault runs.
If i do Salvage i should get yigit and if i dont i should get yigit also? xD

No i don't do salvage
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-01 06:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
If i do Salvage i should get yigit and if i dont i should get yigit also? xD
Yes. Lol. Only difference between the two is a 2% spellcasting bonus and you can cap spellcast reduction time without Sha'Ir. So get Sha'Ir if you have an extra 20M or so gil laying around and can part with ~4M. Otherwise, get Yigit. 'Tis that simple.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-05-01 06:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, thanx :D
 Ragnarok.Roudidou
By Ragnarok.Roudidou 2010-05-01 06:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But wouldin't i have to rank up to do Saving Private Ryaaf?
 Caitsith.Trefold
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Trefold 2010-05-01 06:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many people full-time one or the other. :(

If you're smart/unlazy/have room enough to use macros, you should start cast with one of those and swap to something like Errant for the CHR boost or that other body for higher skill. I'll never understand how people spend 4M on Sha'ir Body, but don't have the 50k to buy Errant.

So, in that sense, I'd say go with Yigit. Unless you think the 4M price tag for a -2% spell casting time is worth it. Like someone said earlier, you can cap (-50%) spell casting time without even buying Sha'ir Body.

Edit: Since I feel like someone will comment on the haste that you get from Sha'ir, I'll add this extra.. That is the only benefit to Sha'ir over Yigit/Errant combo. And for merit-parties the 3% haste can be useful for Elegy/Lullaby. But again, is it worth the price tag?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 06:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rico Suave. That is all.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-01 07:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to rank up to do Ryaaf, yes, but every assault mission (I repeat, EVERY mission) before Captain rank is doable with a DD+Mage+BRD trio. I used DRK/SAM or SAM/NIN for most of them, but Assaults are inherently easy. Even Nyzul is doable with just three (With some of the higher level bosses being difficult but still doable to a zerging Mkris DRK).
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-01 11:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'll never understand how people spend 4M on Sha'ir Body, but don't have the 50k to buy Errant.

They spent 4M on a body piece and think of it as a status symbol. So they think they are going to impress people by full timing it. ... and/or they're just bad BRDs who don't know better.
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-05-01 11:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Which one can DNC solo?

saving provate ryaaf. Box step the things
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 12:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
I'll never understand how people spend 4M on Sha'ir Body, but don't have the 50k to buy Errant.

They spent 4M on a body piece and think of it as a status symbol. So they think they are going to impress people by full timing it. ... and/or they're just bad BRDs who don't know better.

Yar, I find that lol.

I don't have Yigit or Sha'ir yet, working on Yigit though.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-01 12:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sha'ir is definitely the better looking town piece.
[+]
 Siren.Mordekai
user: Shredda
By Siren.Mordekai 2010-05-01 13:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
You have to rank up to do Ryaaf, yes, but every assault mission (I repeat, EVERY mission) before Captain rank is doable with a DD Mage BRD trio. I used DRK/SAM or SAM/NIN for most of them, but Assaults are inherently easy. Even Nyzul is doable with just three (With some of the higher level bosses being difficult but still doable to a zerging Mkris DRK).

Quit talking out of your *** ***. You made it to Sergeant Major and your SAM and DRK are fail so I now you are lying. Some Assaults need more than 3 due to time constraints.

As for Nyzul BS, My zerg drk is good but still I wouldn't do higher floors with less than 5.

Btw:
Manteel is awesome, we give them out to our brds.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 13:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mordekai said:
Siren.Enternius said:
You have to rank up to do Ryaaf, yes, but every assault mission (I repeat, EVERY mission) before Captain rank is doable with a DD Mage BRD trio. I used DRK/SAM or SAM/NIN for most of them, but Assaults are inherently easy. Even Nyzul is doable with just three (With some of the higher level bosses being difficult but still doable to a zerging Mkris DRK).

Quit talking out of your *** ***. You made it to Sergeant Major and your SAM and DRK are fail so I now you are lying. Some Assaults need more than 3 due to time constraints.

As for Nyzul BS, My zerg drk is good but still I wouldn't do higher floors with less than 5.

Btw:

You're unnecessarily angry :o
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-01 13:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Mordekai said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Btw:

You're unnecessarily angry :o
He spam checks my forum posts because he gets off on insulting me.

Just jealous I was a better PLD than him and PLD is his only good job.
[+]
 Asura.Tezmania
user: tezmania
By Asura.Tezmania 2010-05-01 13:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also when thinking about assault points, think about getting,
Storm Fife. If your bard in Salvage/Assaults is going to be great bonus for you. Especially in some zones you wont have bdy til nearly top floors. Xtra mp always helps!
First Page 2 3 4