Cruising Past Communism~> For The People Who Disagree, Read This

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Cruising Past Communism~> For the People Who disagree, Read this
Cruising Past Communism~> For the People Who disagree, Read this
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 23:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what my cat looks like when shes happy =/

Edit: lol @ Ludo
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you dare try and derail my march tiers. I worked hard to derail this thread into march tiers, and I won't stand by and let blue birds of happiness steal that away from me.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-01 23:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:
What's your march percentage? If you don't know I'll be very sad.

fff I don't know off the top of my head, I'm not really into FFXI math, I only know how to do my job right. :s. I have the tier under G-horn.

No he tried to steal my March instead of do his Mins because he's a 2boxing mule and forgot. D:
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-01 23:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:
What's your march percentage? If you don't know I'll be very sad.

How can you determine your march percentage? I just got bard to 75 about a week ago. I macro full skill gear into my marches because i'm pretty sure that increses the tier of the buff. I'm not sure how i can see my haste percentage though...

It seems like there are at least 2 good bards in this thread. Can i salvage this formerly useless thread by begging for bard info?
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 23:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad, I'm just missing cape. Really should go and do something about that, but medical issues have somewhat limited my FF activities lately sadly.. Hopefully not for long ^^;

Edit, its either listed on wiki if not then BG, don't have the actual link on me but if you search around those you'll find the info.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 23:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:
Don't you dare try and derail my march tiers. I worked hard to derail this thread into march tiers, and I won't stand by and let blue birds of happiness steal that away from me.

Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Add your singing and wind skill together. Check with the chart at the bottom of this page.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Victory_March
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-01 23:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:
Add your singing and wind skill together. Check with the chart at the bottom of this page.

Holyshit Wiki has useful information. I'll let you know in a second, gearing up BRD for salv anyway. And yes ask away BRD questions if you wish Sev~
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-01 23:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more amused by the fact that the #5 player on the server isn't cared enough about to be looked at without creating a bunch of drama on the forum.

Somehow, my profile tends to sit on the front page of Diabolos's most viewed more days than not during the week. I can assure you it's not because of my achievement rank lol. Maybe it has something to do with the fact my linkshell does respectable in-game content. Or maybe because I continually outcamp and outclaim other linkshells on my server on ToAU Kings and dual box hold them with nothing more than a PLD and a WHM and two separate keyboards until the rest of my LS arrives. I cant tell you how many other linkshells I've upset by doing this lol

But hey, if I wasnt doing worthwhile endgame content I could have spent all of my time on exp too... ***maybe I could be #5 on my server with no relic, too.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard is the only job I play. I know Bard pretty well, or so I've been told.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 23:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:

I would hope people with the job at 75 would be aware that you need to add the two numbers together to calculate min/mad/march tiers lol >_> Though having said that, I can remember at least half a dozen BRD's I've had to explain all this to...
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Min and mad cap out on attack or acc after a certain amount of skill, which is why i sing those in haste and skill.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-01 23:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! That is a lot of help to me...

look, i've got one more question that you are likely going to lol at but it's worth a shot.

I know to macro skill gear into buffs and CHR gear/HQ ele stave into debuffs. I also know that skill gear still helps with debuffs. Do you know how much more wind/singing skill than CHR it takes before it's better to use the skill gear for debuffs?

Example: Noble's ribbon is +3 CHR. Demon Helm +1 is +6 wind skill. I know CHR is better for debuffs, but would 6 skill be better than 3 CHR?

Sorry, for the nubbishness but i've searched forums unsuccessfully trying to figure this out and would really like to know.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-12-01 23:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I'm more amused by the fact that the #5 player on the server isn't cared enough about to be looked at without creating a bunch of drama on the forum.

Somehow, my profile tends to sit on the front page of Diabolos's most viewed more days than not during the week. I can assure you it's not because of my achievement rank lol. Maybe it has something to do with the fact my linkshell does respectable in-game content. Or maybe because I continually outcamp and outclaim other linkshells on my server on ToAU Kings and dual box hold them with nothing more than a PLD and a WHM and two separate keyboards until the rest of my LS arrives. I cant tell you how many other linkshells I've upset by doing this lol

But hey, if I wasnt doing worthwhile endgame content I could have spent all of my time on exp too... ***maybe I could be #5 on my server with no relic, too.
Or possibly cause you post and that makes people want to clicky on you.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-12-01 23:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this, I also do the same... I'm just saying, if people aren't aware how to calculate march tiers, it makes me think they didn't know how to calculate min/mad either....

Edit: CHR to skill is similar to INT to skill and so on. its about 2 CHR to 1 skill approx. For most slots it will really be obvious, as best I can remember.

Anyways, as long as you have the 110-130ish CHR I wouldn't worry. Sorry if that's not exact, not logged in and couldn't be assed.

Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Both CHR and singing/wind affect magic accuracy. Every two points of CHR gives you 1 magic accuracy, and every one point of singing or wind skill gives you 1 magic accuracy.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-01 23:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

545 skill, so 11.72% haste.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-12-01 23:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:
Both CHR and singing/wind affect magic accuracy. Every two points of CHR gives you 1 magic accuracy, and every one point of singing or wind skill gives you 1 magic accuracy.
Some of them math nerds say that 1chr can = 1macc depending on what you are singing on...kinda like int for mages.
but screw them
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-01 23:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

so does that mean i'm better off macroing in skill gear than CHR for debuffs?
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-01 23:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Depends on which slot really, but most of the time yes.

Also IDK MATH THINGS CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, you need some CHR to beat out the foe's CHR otherwise stuff won't stick? But most of the time your CHR will be *should be...* higher anyway.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You generally want a mix of both CHR and skill. The accepted number to shoot for is to have 110 total chr, and then fill the rest with skill.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-01 23:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So should I move this to the Bard forum >.>?
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be appropriate.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-01 23:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:

DO IT
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-12-01 23:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
most spoony bards are dirty commies naturally.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-01 23:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Depends on which slot really, but most of the time yes. Also IDK MATH THINGS CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, you need some CHR to beat out the foe's CHR otherwise stuff won't stick? But most of the time your CHR will be *should be...* higher anyway.
Pandemonium.Nususu said:

Wow. That's pretty enlightening...

BRB rewriting Spellcast XML...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-01 23:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

lolBrd
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian, nice merits. I need to finish mine.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-12-01 23:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
lolBrd

you're so right dude better be sure to kick those xp leeches the next time they worm their way into your meritpo
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-01 23:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I was pretty excited the other day because I put together a set to force yellow hp for minstrel's ring, and i only spent 150k on all the gear for it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9