So I Got The Lady At McDonalds In Trouble

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
So I got the lady at McDonalds in trouble
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 10:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was at McDonalds yesterday in the drive through and the lady messed up my order while I was making it and she was rushing me when I was trying to tell her otherwise and kept telling me to pull up to the window and that we could make the changes there. Needless to say, after that we went through that process at the mirror, the order still turned out the way she messed it up at the speaker box.

I had wanted my burger plain and I got it w/ everything on it, which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place. So, I call McDonalds up and get the manager. I tell him what happened and that I'm allergic to onion and may have to go to the doctor as my tongue has begun to swell up and while it didn't seem serious, that I would be paying a visit if any further problems arose. Gave him the employee number from the receipt and he sounded scared and pissed at the same time.

Take that ***
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 10:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You certainly contain a large amount of anger, Vegetto. Lol.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 10:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, well, I went out of my way to make sure she changed the order and she still didn't. Messing up an order is one thing. Messing it up after i caught the mess up, and corrected it and she just plain wasn't paying attention to any word I was saying and rushing me the entire time is another.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 10:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I'd be a bit pissed if my big mac was wrong. >:(
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-07 10:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why I get all my burgers at Five Guys.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-11-07 11:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you really allergic to onions or were you just saying that to mess with them?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Five Guys, but quite expensive.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-07 11:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why you don't go to the mcdonalds they hire all the downs syndrome people at >.>

(sorry if I seem bitter but I *** hate mcdonald's specially when they *** up a SIMPLE order)

I remember I ordered a chicken sandwich with LIGHT mayo on it (as I despise mayo, but I can tolerate a little bit, and somehow I ended up with a chicken sandwich that looked like godzilla blew his load on it.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Are you really allergic to onions or were you just saying that to mess with them?

Oh I was just adding that to catch her some extra heat. That was for her being a dumb ***, rushing me, and still getting my ***wrong after I corrected her. That's not something I'd do on a regular order mess up.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 11:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so you basically got somebody in trouble, possibly fired, because you didn't get your burger right?

You even threatened to sue for medical problems you didn't have also?

And you think its funny?
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 11:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Which is why I don't go to crappy fastfood restaurants that hire employees with the IQ of an average doorknob.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
That's why you don't go to the mcdonalds they hire all the downs syndrome people at >.>

(sorry if I seem bitter but I *** hate mcdonald's specially when they *** up a SIMPLE order)

I remember I ordered a chicken sandwich with LIGHT mayo on it (as I despise mayo, but I can tolerate a little bit, and somehow I ended up with a chicken sandwich that looked like godzilla blew his load on it.

LMFAO
[+]
 Valefor.Integral
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-07 11:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

they dont call it a royal with cheese?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-07 11:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Integral said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Not in the UK!
 Valefor.Sketchkat
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-11-07 11:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

And you think its funny?

I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-07 11:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
so you basically got somebody in trouble, possibly fired, because you didn't get your burger right?

And you think its funny?

While adding the bit about allergies is wrong, if they can't get a simple order right, what makes it right for them to work there as they lack listening skills?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Integral said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Very good attempt, love the movie, remember, metric system. They don't know what a quarter pound is! La Big Mac is the other one
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 11:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Asura.Korpg said:
so you basically got somebody in trouble, possibly fired, because you didn't get your burger right? You even threatened to sue for medical problems you didn't have also? And you think its funny?
While adding the bit about allergies is wrong, if they can't get a simple order right, what makes it right for them to work there as they lack listening skills?

You are right about that. Thats what training is for though.

If they received bad training, then train them better.

If they keep screwing up, then get rid of them.

But lying to somebody about a condition that you don't have just to fire them or get them in deeper trouble than they already are in, doesn't that seem to be odd? And not funny?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, if you want fresh fries at McDonalds, ask for them w/ no salt (they always salt their fries, so they have to make a new batch for you). Then just grab some salt packets on the way out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-07 11:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Asura.Korpg said:
so you basically got somebody in trouble, possibly fired, because you didn't get your burger right? You even threatened to sue for medical problems you didn't have also? And you think its funny?

You are right about that. Thats what training is for though.

If they keep screwing up, then get rid of them.

But lying to somebody about a condition that you don't have just to fire them or get them in deeper trouble than they already are in, doesn't that seem to be odd? And not funny?

Sad thing is (my friend works at mcdonalds so I know this at least for this certain one) the training they give you is ***, I guess it all depends on the manager or whomever is in charge of that certain chain.

Also @ Vegetto

I always do that to get Fresh Fries, except I ask them to salt them for me XD
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 11:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

I would agree. Except the employee didn't seem to give a ***.

If you're just ignoring your customer like that it seems to me you don't particularly want your job.

I don't care about anyone that refuses to put effort in their endeavors.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 11:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Sad thing is (my friend works at mcdonalds so I know this at least for this certain one) the training they give you is ***, I guess it all depends on the manager or whomever is in charge of that certain chain.

Wouldn't it be best for the company to fire the manager for providing bad training then?

In this economy, you can't afford to make mistakes like this. If you want to keep your job, you got to do a better job than normal. Because there are 10% of the American Population out there who is looking for any job, so there isn't that much job security left for anyone. You can be replaced.

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Asura.Korpg said:
I would agree. Except the employee didn't seem to give a ***. If you're just ignoring your customer like that it seems to me you don't particularly want your job. I don't care about anyone that refuses to put effort in their endeavors.

Again, the person can be replaced. But intentonally trying to get somebody fired, just for laughs? And people see no problem with that?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-07 11:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:

And you think its funny?

Bish needs to learn her lesson before someone really gets hurt. If you cant follow simple orders GTFO of food service.
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Btw, if you want fresh fries at McDonalds, ask for them w/ no salt (they always salt their fries, so they have to make a new batch for you). Then just grab some salt packets on the way out.

Awesome, never thought about it.
Asura.Korpg said:

Everyone might say "lolmcD's" but they do receive excellent training.
It's just the moronic entry level worker who dont care about their job that just *** everything up.
The next time you walk into McD's I want you to look at the back of their kitchen and look for unhealthy things. "Are they wearing hats? Is the guy touching RTE food wearing gloves? Are the pots and pans, etc. on the floor? Are the bowls and pots upside down or rightside up?"

Then go walk into a Chinese restaurant and tell me it's cleaner =P
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said anything about just for laughs? It was because she was blatantly didn't give a fk and messed my order up after i had already corrected her mistake.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 11:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Very good idea, but only viable if the place isn't packed. I *** hate standing in the line for ages, so I probably won't have the patience to wait for a fresh batch of fries either.
 Seraph.Pikachu
Server: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2009-11-07 11:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

if you dont wanna give good customer service in retail or food you get whats coming to you :3 i work retail i know lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Server: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2009-11-07 11:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to go, possibly costing someone their job just for laughs because the manager is afraid of a lawsuit or whatever..

Alot of fast food places dont care and if you want it plain after it has toppings on it, usually unless you go inside they just scrape the toppings off and call it a day. Anyway, you also have to remember that managers are held to a standard when it comes to drive thru times, and if the drive thru times aren't low enough the manager and the employees get written up. So instead of being a *** you coulda just parked your car, walked inside and said, I wanted this plain and its not. Way to look like an ***...even funnier that you are bragging about it
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-07 11:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT lazy McDonalds employees.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-07 11:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Who said anything about just for laughs? It was because she was blatantly didn't give a fk and messed my order up after i had already corrected her mistake.

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I tell him what happened and that I'm allergic to onion and may have to go to the doctor as my tongue has begun to swell up and while it didn't seem serious, that I would be paying a visit if any further problems arose. Gave him the employee number from the receipt and he sounded scared and pissed at the same time. Take that ***

Bolded was the best point that I was trying to make.

Plus, you made this thread. You made this thread to laugh at the fact that you made some /random lady have to sweat her job's future in an unstable economy because you didn't get your order right.

You did complain, but did you have to lie to her boss? You did the right thing to show her boss her mistake. She will either get better training now, or get fired, or her boss will get fired for not providing his/her employees good training. Either way, its not your fault your order was incorrect.

But, lying to her boss about this would cause her to get fired a lot quicker.

Ask yourself this, how would you react if the roles were reversed?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-07 11:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo said:
Way to go, possibly costing someone their job just for laughs because the manager is afraid of a lawsuit or whatever..

Alot of fast food places dont care and if you want it plain after it has toppings on it, usually unless you go inside they just scrape the toppings off and call it a day. Anyway, you also have to remember that managers are held to a standard when it comes to drive thru times, and if the drive thru times aren't low enough the manager and the employees get written up. So instead of being a *** you coulda just parked your car, walked inside and said, I wanted this plain and its not. Way to look like an ***...even funnier that you are bragging about it

Again, who said it was for laughs? The gas going to that place (since it was on the way home) would be more than my damned order. I'm not going all the way back to get another sandwich. The *** should have done her job. What's worse? getting a low score on their drive through time or potentially giving someone who really is allergic to something the thing they are allergic to? If she can't do her job right, they need to get someone who can do the job.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9