Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-19 10:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't do chocobo digging or the battlefields because sleep was more important. Somehow FOMO didn't instantly kill me. Am I the chosen one?

I'm going to keep going until it's done or we hit 150% but honestly this can come around twice a year and I'll be willing to do it again...so long as they keep adding new rewards.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-19 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

RE: ranking and ties, they do rank the ties like I suggested earlier; here's the current ranking on Carbuncle.

Rank 1: 1210
Rank 3: 980
Rank 5: 910
Rank 7: 810
Rank 8: 750
Rank 9: 730
Rank 10: 640

I wonder if they will count people who got a bunch of plaudits but didn't actually register it, or if you HAVE to register it to get your title or w/e.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 12:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
or if you HAVE to register it to get your title or w/e.

almost 100% this
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 13:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So X, where X is a number greater than or equal to 10, people who did ever objective, including the ones on day 0 JP time, will get the rank 1 title and thats the only title that will be put in the wild.

If youve missed one objective and you wanted the title, your chances are 0.000001% to get something.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-19 13:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
So X, where X is a number greater than or equal to 10, people who did ever objective, including the ones on day 0 JP time, will get the rank 1 title and thats the only title that will be put in the wild.

If youve missed one objective and you wanted the title, your chances are 0.000001% to get something.

On Asura, sure. Unless there are a bunch of sleeper agents on Carbuncle, it seems like you can get top 10 without even getting remotely close to every objective.

The person in 10th right now has done barely half of the objectives and probably hasn't even reported their points in a few days.

Maybe everyone is just waiting until the last day to report their plaudits.

Either way yeah, at least 10 but potentially up to 200+ or infinite people can get it, as long as they all tie. It's kind of like grading on a curve though because if 10 people hit capped points (on your server) then you need to hit capped points or you're ***. If only 2, 3, 5, or 8 people hit capped points on your server, you can get in top 10 by doing whatever the "second" ranked people got.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 13:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah on Valefor it'll be pretty easy to hit rank 1-10 too unless you have been slacking bigly. That said it's just a title and titles are horrible in this game since A) they get changed the second you do basically anything in the game and B) you have to be examined to show them off to begin with
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 13:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont you have to register your ranking with the moogle before anything will show?

How many people are running to the moogle to update ranking?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 13:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I feel like the tryhards are probably registering their points close to every day as it is. I'm sure there's some who don't realize it and will only register toward the end but I doubt it's a significant number of individuals.

As of right now, on my Deep South adjacent server, a majority of posted scores are well short of 100% completion rate on objectives w/ registration dates from either yesterday or today, so there'd have to be a lot of people holding off on registering to push ppl out of top 10.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 13:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The literal title may only last 5 seconds but the screen shot is 5ever
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 13:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about it too, I'd be most concerned about megamultiboxers registering all 6+ of their maxed out chars and taking most of the titles for themselves. I'm only registering my main out of all 3 after today so as to only take up 1 slot but I doubt everyone will be as generous.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 13:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just saying, the info Maletaru posted is irrelevant. There is a good chance that is merely a fraction of people who will register their points.

And yes, Im fully aware that the people who will register their points on the 30th are likely a fraction of the people who dont care about a title they will lose within the hour.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-05-19 13:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

I missed all of Day 0 objectives and a few here and there since then, and I'm comfortably in the top 10 on Asura. I think that anyone who has been mostly consistent in doing dailies has a chance. Once the weekend is over I would expect to see some people dropping off from completing everything, plus there is always the chance a player gets their objectives bugged and gets dumpstered out of the top.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 13:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect people's willingness to continue doing things like the ENMs and ***every 3 days will degrade over time too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2024-05-19 13:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Top 10 registered on Lakshmi right now range from 900 to 490 plaudits. #2 is 800 and #3 is 730.

I am the 900 plaudit person and missed the day 0 objectives. Won't lose sleep if I don't get the title due to people waiting til the end to register, but still think it would be neat to obtain it.

Besides Chocobo Digging, none of the objectives have been huge timesinks to complete in my opinion. Whether my willingness to keep doing the dailies persists over the next 10 days is another story though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 13:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just sayin, dont be surprised if a lot of people register their points on the last day. Id be very surprised, even on the lesser populated servers, for rank 10 to be attainable at half the points of rank 1.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-19 13:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

While I doubt a thousand do it, you are very much underestimating how many will turn in at the end, based how how many are turning in now,

Registering every day is pointless, that's why no one does it.

a Million points a day, at 150 per character is 6000 capping participants (roughly, of course) Or at least like 2000 hitting cap and 10000 doing some. Either way, there's a lot doing the full amount.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 14:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gross Eiryl agrees with me.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-19 14:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was initially skeptical about Vana'bout, but this round is miles better than the previous. Some of the objectives are really bad (like doing ENMs), but it has got me actually doing things between events.

We need slightly better rewards in future, because the 100 Deeds is the only thing I want, but at least we have variety and a list showing who is contributing to this. One of the best things is getting around the campfire in South Gustaberg and cheering on folks who show up while you cook your Galkan Sausage. That reminds me of old school FFXI.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 14:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The rewards are fine. Primarily this is for the extra campaigns which in this case are two things people have been clamoring for for *** eons so it blows my mind that anyone is actually whining about Vanabout not giving enough. You *** been whining about a segment campaign and Cornelia for months if not years. If you don't care for the personal rewards after we clear the 150% then just stop doing it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 14:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a double tokens campaign :(
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 14:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There's always next time!
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-19 14:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The rewards are fine. Primarily this is for the extra campaigns which in this case are two things people have been clamoring for for *** eons so it blows my mind that anyone is actually whining about Vanabout not giving enough.

They're not personal rewards, and nobody wants to contribute to the greater group goal. That's for all the other plebs to deal with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-19 14:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The rewards are fine. Primarily this is for the extra campaigns which in this case are two things people have been clamoring for for *** eons so it blows my mind that anyone is actually whining about Vanabout not giving enough.

They're not personal rewards, and nobody wants to contribute to the greater group goal. That's for all the other plebs to deal with.

Odyssey campaign is great... but it doesn't do me, personally, any good at all since it's been over a year since I had a party to do a real grown-up Odyssey run with so, like... what's my motivation to help unlock a campaign that I can't use?

That's why we need good personal rewards too. Apparently a title is enough, though - it sure worked on me for some reason, though I think now that I missed a single daily I'm out of the running if it's "top 10 players" and not "top 10 scores" for each server.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-19 15:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
I'm out of the running if it's "top 10 players" and not "top 10 scores" for each server.

It's definitely top 10 scores, unless for some reason they change the way the ranking is done at the end compared to how it's being done now. That said, as others have pointed out, I doubt the top 10 will be very competitive based on what everyone's reporting. Even on Asura, you don't need to have done all the missions to be in the top 10. Surely it won't be anywhere near as competitive on Fenrir?

Funny thing is this whole thing is centered around group participation and everyone chipping in for the greater good and in reality the forums are abuzz with comments about how people aren't interested in doing anything without a personal reward that they want/need. I find that contrast to be very funny.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-19 15:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't have scoria or marrow the last time, right?

I'm not saying it's amazing but I am going to pick one of them unless the exemplar points are too generous. That's perfectly fine for a reward to do a thing that gets me Cornelia and extra segments.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 15:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Even on Asura, you don't need to have done all the missions to be in the top 10. Surely it won't be anywhere near as competitive on Fenrir?
Once again, you have to talk to the moogle for your score to register (and maybe even a second confirmation to even participate in the registration, I only talked to it on day 1 and dont remember), and people are unlikely to do those steps until either the last day or they hit their 1300 to pick their gold reward, which I dont believe is attainable yet.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just stating the facts.

If you have to re-register your points to update them, that the furthers the notion of why reporting the scores on day 4 means absolutely nothing. May 30 will roll around, everyone who cares about the title is gonna register their points, and anyone who think they could get something for their 1200 points under the belief that "well on day 4, rank 10 was half of what rank 1 had" is going to be extremely disappointed.

I will be very surprised if any of the current sub 4k population servers (Cerb, Quetz, Levi, Sylph, Vale, Laks, Siren, Bis) have a rank 10 winner with under 2k plaudits (thats still 80% of the max available I believe) once the final deadline to register passes.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 15:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I dont think I seen anyone discuss it, but did they change Kupon I-Aby?
The wiki says Kupon I-Aby (3). Does that mean they modified the kupon to be worth 3 trophies, or do you get 3 kupons and can get a total of 6 trophies?

Being able to nab 6 of the more annoying trohpies for the hour it takes to get the 300 plaudits is a significantly better ROI compared to last year's two trohpies for 3 hours of effort or wtv.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-19 16:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely top 10 scores
RE: ranking and ties, they do rank the ties like I suggested earlier; here's the current ranking on Carbuncle.

Presumably this means top 10 players, not 10 scores, no? Since the tie at 1210 eats 2 slots, one would assume a 10-way tie would eat all slots(hopefully gives credit to those past 10, but who knows).
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-19 16:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It's definitely top 10 scores

Presumably this means top 10 players, not 10 scores, no? Since the tie at 1210 eats 2 slots, one would assume a 10-way tie would eat all slots(hopefully gives credit to those past 10, but who knows).

I don't really like the naming of "top 10 players" vs "top 10 scores" because neither of them are truly accurate, but...normally systems like these give full credit for ties, so if you were like:

100, 90, 80, 80, 80, 70, 65, 62, 62, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50

The top 10 scores are 100, 90, 80, 70, 65, 62, 50, and some other stuff we can't see.

The top 10 players are 100, 90, 80, 80, 70, 65, 62, 62, 50, 50

All the scores I listed above would (I think) get the titles, so it's not really top 10 players or top 10 scores...Once you get into multiple ties, those terms are meaningless, but I think top 10 scores is a bit more accurate.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-19 17:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's going to be "anybody who scores the maximum, and maybe a couple others."

Let's say Vana'bout comes to a close and the Japanese players register their scores - Japanese Fenrir seems a lot more active than English Fenrir, but most of the names I see on the scoreboard here are player in the NA sphere, I imagine it's similar on other servers.

The rankings could easily look like

Rank 1: 3250
Rank 11: 3240

And I have this funny feeling that that player who forgot to pet their monster one day is going to miss out.

If it breaks down like 8x Rank 1 and 12x Rank 9, maybe everyone at rank 9 is a winner too?

So I guess there are three likely ways this could shake out: First ten names on the list, which would suck but is a very SE solution; Everyone rank 10 or higher, which basically means "anyone who scores the maximum" if the unregistered scores look the way I expect them to; or Everyone in the top ten rank tiers of their server which would mean like 8x rank 1, 12x rank 9, 15x rank 21, and so on are all getting it, which I'd feel more confident in if the score after rank 1 was always rank 2, it seems like that would be too generous.

I think, having stopped to think about this, I might just stop at 1230 plaudits. I'm not prepared to do Ambuscade another 113 times to get the 22000 gallantry, so I'm already 130 below perfect, and even 10 below perfect probably means it's pointless. I could shoot for 1300, but without the gallantry that would mean actually having to pay to play again.

Which, you know. Is an awesome way to craft a system to encourage engagement: fall behind once in any way and you have failed, give up now. It's very "your blood type is A? Why not A+!?"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17