Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 19:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes if I went in with trusts on a job with low attack and used Req with a bleh WS set I would do 6~7K, which would be "crap damage", but would also be above what a physical WS should do on Ongo. Or it could of done 1~2K which would of indicated resisted damage. It's why we need actual conditions and numbers.
[+]
By flyingtaru 2022-01-04 19:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

why maybe? not exactly crystal ball for R30
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-01-04 21:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Yes if I went in with trusts on a job with low attack and used Req with a bleh WS set I would do 6~7K, which would be "crap damage", but would also be above what a physical WS should do on Ongo. Or it could of done 1~2K which would of indicated resisted damage. It's why we need actual conditions and numbers.

Hmmm. If Requiescat works, perhaps Crepuscular Scythe (and Formless Strikes?) does as well. '-')
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 21:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Formless strikes and Crepuscular only works on melee hits. The latter is on too long of a cool down for it to matter. Don't think either of those will work.

Now Ruaumoko did a video about another scythe some time ago that might be worth seeing if there is some application here. Dacnomania + SEBW with capped HP from Drain 3. Not sure if you could ever land it for that high of a burst, but I do wonder how much HP you could zerg off of Ongo. Dacnomania would force Souleater to take 45% of your hp and convert it to your swings. How many melee attacks can you get off in 40 seconds of blood weapon timer? Would be fun to see if you could pull it off.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-04 22:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Souleater damage gets reduced by PDT just like normal hits, so if he's got 75% pdt (or whatever), 9999 HP Dacnomania would barely do 1k per hit.

You'd also lose HP with every hit because of your damage being so low.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-01-05 03:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I write it earlier before the thread got nuked .... which was weird.
Sorry VIPs have mod powers on their own threads. Sadly the delete button is right next to the page navigation(at the top), and my tablet decided I click one over the other. I learned just use the page navigation at the bottom when using phone/tablet.

Also the delete button has an are you sure popup but doesn't actually matter, you can say no and it will still delete it. I had to ask the mods/admins to fix it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-05 08:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Hmmm. If Requiescat works, perhaps Crepuscular Scythe (and Formless Strikes?) does as well. '-')

We're gonna try it out this weekend when we all have some free time. Gonna go in with something like Tank DD BRD COR GEO WHM, do full physical buffs and what numbers we get with CDC / Savage / Req and then try the magic WS's.
By Slowforever 2022-01-05 08:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am announcing my gaming retirement today in this thread. No other game is worthy of playing over FFXI. I am about to turn 40 years old and gaming has taken up all my life. Goodbye! Time to learn to love people more and be less selfish.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-05 09:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We're gonna try it out this weekend when we all have some free time. Gonna go in with something like Tank DD BRD COR GEO WHM, do full physical buffs and what numbers we get with CDC / Savage / Req and then try the magic WS's.

If you're going to have a monk go the formless strikes rout then be sure to have them bring along a malignance pole as well and give earth crusher a shot during the windows that formless is down. I have no idea how powerful it'll be, but it's not hard to gear for.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-01-05 16:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought, Tomahawk is exactly the sort of job ability I could see being used in this situation.
By macsdf1 2022-01-05 19:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

doesn't everyone have 300K plus segments lol, someone go in an try and let us know!
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-05 19:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
doesn't everyone have 300K plus segments lol, someone go in an try and let us know!

No, I've been trying to R20 everything like a sucker.
By Draylo 2022-01-05 19:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
I am announcing my gaming retirement today in this thread. No other game is worthy of playing over FFXI. I am about to turn 40 years old and gaming has taken up all my life. Goodbye! Time to learn to love people more and be less selfish.

Not allowed to quit sorry
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-05 20:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's a few people on Asura who want to test this out for science, hit me up. I'd be interested to see if tomahawk, shell Crusher, Requiescat, etc work when fully buffed.
By Creecreelo 2022-01-06 01:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally took a moment to look over all the augs, and damn, it's crazy how strong Nyame R25/30 is for all paths really. Path D still too niche for most people, but at least the Pet Dmg+ stat on the body/legs becomes respectable.

Path C in particular seems so strong, especially in comparison to Agwu's R25/30, which come off a little disappointing to me.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-10 11:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

most interesting testing mentioned in the last 6 months, where the results at yo
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-01-10 11:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

most interesting testing mentioned in the last 6 months, where the results at yo

Bumb. Was just about to post to ask if the that testing had been done.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-10 14:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Bumb. Was just about to post to ask if the that testing had been done.

I was on whm, so all my chat filters were on, but it seemed like Requiescat damage was not good. We did not have a geo, but took a smn instead so can't really speak to it other than that.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-10 15:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How low did you get Ongo in 15 minutes?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-10 15:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 80%, but we were testing quite a bit, and not going all out. Were also seeing how viable Night Terror spam was.

Real situation, we wouldn't have the brd/cor available for this group, so I don't know if we really determined anything meaningful other than Requiescat/other magic skills don't seem to be viable.
By macsdf1 2022-01-10 16:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Only 80%, but we were testing quite a bit, and not going all out. Were also seeing how viable Night Terror spam was.

Real situation, we wouldn't have the brd/cor available for this group, so I don't know if we really determined anything meaningful other than Requiescat/other magic skills don't seem to be viable.

please list what buffs, and how much dmg you were doing tho.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-10 16:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak to damage as I was whm with all damage filtered out. But Honor March + 3 Minuets, Sam + Chaos, Crystal Blessing, Haste II. Seemed like it was less that 10k per, as they seemed to be more pleased with Cor doing 10k with Leaden.

Edit: No Soul Voice, No Clarion. Crooked SAM.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-01-10 16:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I can't speak to damage as I was whm with all damage filtered out. But Honor March + 3 Minuets, Sam + Chaos, Crystal Blessing, Haste II. Seemed like it was less that 10k per, as they seemed to be more pleased with Cor doing 10k with Leaden.

Edit: No Soul Voice, No Clarion. Crooked SAM.

Requiescat already does low damage so without a record of the actual damage and what job was doing it, this doesn't help...

Edit: If I have time tonight, I'll see if I can't get a COR and BRD to give me buffs and throw some Savages and Reqs on WAR and compare.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-10 16:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand, I can't speak to it other than they moved on to trying other things pretty quickly due to it "not being good." As I said, the cor doing 10k seemed to be much more interesting to them, so I'd assume it was < 10k, but Saevel himself would have to speak to it if you want the actual numbers.

Sorry, Saevel was on BLU
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-10 18:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiescat did like 500~600 damage while Expacian was doing 2.4K and CDC was somewhere around 1.8K, so definitely being reduced. Unbuffed Leaden was doing 10~15K but could occasionally be resisted down to 5~7.5K, Diablos was doing 10~13K and we weren't optimized for it.

We're thinking of something like

PLD
BLU (or maybe NIN but Acrid Stream is nice)
RNG
SMN
RDM
WHM

The BLU (or NIN) and RNG can form SC's if needed for removing aura or setting up the RDM (maybe SMN, we didn't try) to burst, but that might not be something we want to do. Otherwise they could just both spam WS's and nickel and dime it's HP down, which seemed to work. Ongo doesn't really hurt anyone anyway, so it's just ~14 minutes of hitting a punching bag until it falls over.

On an Ongo related note, didn't someone test and figure out what it's INT is at V15? Would be super useful to know.

Another note on the ninjitsu elemental wheel, do we know how much they reduce and does it effect resist ranks?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-10 19:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested it, was something like 408 INT.

Something that I've not seen mentioned in regards to Ongo is that percentage-based attribute debuffs, like Impact, are calculated upon hit and include all other modifiers to attributes, but then are a fixed reduction after that point.

This means that you will get a larger debuff to INT by landing Impact before Burn than you do the other way around.

Also, don't forget that Subtle Sorcery should also enable Impact to get the full 3 minute duration, so try to cast it while it's up if you can.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-10 19:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm do we know what it's like for V0/5/10 to guess what it could possibly be for 20?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-10 19:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think attributes change with V level.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-10 20:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Impact, unless someone has the cloak it's got a really crappy magic accuracy, almost need ES to make it last and respectable duration. We could possibly try to quickly get in ES MW Impact right as I start SS but before the SC's start, then hope for reset to get in ES Burn.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15