Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
By SimonSes 2022-01-04 08:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Your looking at nyame and also it still wouldn't be bis tp set for every dd job the heavy dd jobs still need the other gear. At some point wsd is gonna have worse returns.

As much as WSD will be great on B, I would rather look at Double Attack instead. It goes from 12% to 22%, making it significantly better for Hybrid TP (at least for non Mythic AM3 setups) and multi hit WSs. WSD is not that great for multihit WSs, but 53%WSD on top of 22%DA will start to be really competitive.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 08:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Oh god this is gonna suck lol, having to clear every NM again on V20...

Oh lets be honest, clearing the first two tiers is a cakewalk. Seg farms have become vastly more efficient and we'll be starting straight at V 20 this time, so it's not like the resource grind to get to bumba Veng 20 is gonna be that intense. The only major roadblocks are gonna be the atonement 3's. Killing bumba should be pretty doable in comparison, but I've already mentioned it in this thread and I'll reiterate it because this is relevant.

Veng 5 NM's --- around 600k HP
Veng 10 NM's -- around 1.1 mil HP
Veng 15 NM's -- around 2.3 million HP

That scaling means the veng 20's are gonna have around 4 million HP. Most of them should still be pretty doable, but that really puts the time crunch on you. I don't look forward to killing Ongo OR Mboze with nearly DOUBLE their current HP... at all. Those two NM's in particular are the roadblocks. Compared to them everything else is practically a free ride.
Ongo should be be easy tbh the straight won't change people were already clearing it with 8-10 mins left on the clock. Mboze will be a bad grind for sure. I personally can't see myself doing this content still for just 3 or 4 more attack or wsd.

This is a little of a misunderstanding, people are killing it with 0~2 minutes left on the clock. If you get super lucky and everything lines up, then you can kill it in 5~8 minutes. Subtle Sorcery is 60s, Rayke is 47s, that is no where near long enough so you need to rely on resets. RD isn't guaranteed to give you another Rayke, Wild Card is but isn't guaranteed to get you another subtle sorcery.

Those super fast kills are based on getting lucky on RD / WC resets.

Hopefully they tune the HP scaling a bit, or tweak Mboze / Ongo to make them more doable.
The fast kills aren't based off luck idk why you assume we won because of luck on ongo. The fight my group beat ongo with 8 mins left on the clock I never used subtle Sorcery. Hell think I even posted on someone thing I never even thought about it. Yes getting rayke again is based on luck but if that's what we going on then not a single kill using a cor rd or wild card is based off skill.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-04 08:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The top 1% being able to clear with 5+ minutes left who will have a good chance of clearing at V20 doesn't mean anything to the other 99% who were timing out or clearing with a minute or two left.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 08:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Your looking at nyame and also it still wouldn't be bis tp set for every dd job the heavy dd jobs still need the other gear. At some point wsd is gonna have worse returns.

As much as WSD will be great on B, I would rather look at Double Attack instead. It goes from 12% to 22%, making it significantly better for Hybrid TP (at least for non Mythic AM3 setups) and multi hit WSs. WSD is not that great for multihit WSs, but 53%WSD on top of 22%DA will start to be really competitive.
That's kinda my point the gear will be more mix and match but nyame isn't the only gear in odyssey which people seem to forget. I haven't seen the stats they gonna have so im assuming people just scaling based on old numbers.
Edit: so I don't offend people I'm at work on my phone posting so I'm not being short with you or angry btw. Just trying to get some points out.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-04 08:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, people are using the datamined R25 stats SE updated all the pieces with a bit ago (which is why this topic was made). They could change with the update, but they seem pretty likely to be used for the most part.
[+]
 Asura.Littlelovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Littlelovin 2022-01-04 08:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the hardest content in the game. Since when does 100% of the playerbase NEED to be able to clear that day 1? I like that it's a challenge. It's good to have something that you struggle to do; otherwise what's the point of playing? "Oh they released v20 today and we face rolled it, now what do we do?"

And like eyeroll said, "You don't have to do the content if it's torture to you." To some, 4wsd isn't worth the headache. To others, it's welcomed.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 09:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Littlelovin said: »
It's the hardest content in the game. Since when does 100% of the playerbase NEED to be able to clear that day 1? I like that it's a challenge. It's good to have something that you struggle to do; otherwise what's the point of playing? "Oh they released v20 today and we face rolled it, now what do we do?"

And like eyeroll said, "You don't have to do the content if it's torture to you." To some, 4wsd isn't worth the headache. To others, it's welcomed.
Yes I know I don't gotta do it if it's torture..... This statement so overused if people don't agree with what's going on with "insert content here." People just want throwing ***to mean something tbh.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 09:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The top 1% being able to clear with 5+ minutes left who will have a good chance of clearing at V20 doesn't mean anything to the other 99% who were timing out or clearing with a minute or two left.

If they have 5~7 minutes left then they aren't clearing it on V20 either. With the current scaling it's HP almost doubles from V15 to V20 but we don't get any longer or more SS / Raykes, meaning they need to deal more then +100% damage in shorter time periods. Ngai / Kalunga / Xevioso / Arribati it's possible because those NM's have multiple DD's and it's more of a fight for survival instead of a DPS check so it's possible to pump out that much damage in 15 miniutes. Ongo / Mboze are fights where our damage is artificially limited by means not connected to gear.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-04 09:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a little of a misunderstanding, people are killing it with 0~2 minutes left on the clock.
No, we killed it twice with a bit less than 5 mins left.
First attempt we got lucky on Wild Card.
Second attempt I don't remember but maybe we got lucky there as well.
I was talking about it earlier, that we were so scared to do Ongo on out first attempts because of everybody whining about it here on these boards, whereas we killed it on first attempt both times, we must have been insanely lucky, I dunno. Our gear is not BiS.

Mboze is what took us a very considerable amount of tries, to the point we were about to just give up. We used the "old" strategy with a superbuffed DRK or SAM.

The nyame paths are already very strong at Rank 20, but when you bump it up to Rank 25 they become ridiculous, and at rank 30 the augs are absurd.
Yeah... Aug on the other gear is mostly meh, but on Nyame it's insane for sure.
The only thing Lack B will be lacking at that point is Accuracy. Because of the base stat and low DEX. Guess you can compensate in the other slots, probably, but still it's something to consider.

The funny part about Nyame B is that at Rank 30 (but some could say Rank 25 already) it becomes a pretty interesting set for hybrid TP as well, at least for non mythic setups.
I mean, you could argue it already is pretty nice for that, but you get what I mean I'm sure lol

Nyame R30 is so good in all paths that it makes me so incredibly sour it's tagged as "Rare", gdi.
I would've been happier with multiple R20 Nyame than having to re-do all the grind for higher vengeance levels, sigh.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-04 09:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

but we don't get any longer or more SS / Raykes, meaning they need to deal more then +100% damage in shorter time periods.
It's true we don't, but we get +20 Int, +20 Macc and +20 Elemental Skill.
Surely that's gotta make a noticeable difference?

Granted that the V15>V20 stats increase don't make all that surplus completely irrelevant, but I suppose time will tell!
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-04 09:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I have the utmost faith in SE to actually playtest anything, but if they do at all there's a possibility that Mboze and Ongo(maybe others too) won't have as sharp a HP increase as has been predicted. Saevel is right that doubled HP on either of those NMs will make them effectively impossible using existing strategies. I suppose they could also increase the time limit on V20 fights though, which would be an interesting way to handle it since it'd also make cheesing RP that much slower.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 09:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
This is a little of a misunderstanding, people are killing it with 0~2 minutes left on the clock.
I was talking about it earlier, that we were so scared to do Ongo on out first attempts because of everybody whining about it here on these boards, whereas we killed it on first attempt both times, we must have been insanely lucky, I dunno. Our gear is not BiS.

Mboze is what took us a very considerable amount of tries, to the point we were about to just give up. We used the "old" strategy with a superbuffed DRK or SAM.

The nyame paths are already very strong at Rank 20, but when you bump it up to Rank 25 they become ridiculous, and at rank 30 the augs are absurd.
The only thing Lack B will be lacking at that point is Accuracy. Because of the base stat and low DEX. Guess you can compensate in the other slots, probably, but still it's something to consider.

The funny part about Nyame B is that at Rank 30 (but some could say Rank 25 already) it becomes a pretty interesting set for hybrid TP as well, at least for non mythic setups.
I mean, you could argue it already is pretty nice for that, but you get what I mean I'm sure lol

Nyame R30 is so good in all paths that it makes me so incredibly sour it's tagged as "Rare", gdi.
I would've been happier with multiple R20 Nyame than having to re-do all the grind for higher vengeance levels, sigh.

No you got lucky twice. Those who aren't getting lucky can beat it with a ~2 minutes remaining if they are good. SS / Rayke really is that important, you deal capped damage during it but without you end up at 1/4 to 1/2 of your damage due to Ongo's built in resist tiers.

This isn't a case of "get gud son", nothing in your gear is going to beat those resist tiers. I've had to clear it many times for various people's clears, whether you have an "easy" or "hard" fight is 100% down to getting lucky on RD / WC.

And just to illustrate the silliness of your statement, V20 is almost 4 million HP while V15 is "only" around 2.3 million HP, at your stated lucky "5 minutes remaining", you would need over 20 minutes to kill it. The problem should become apparent, we don't have enough time. Hopefully they either correct the HP scaling down, fix Ongo to not have a permanent resist traits, or give us more time.

but we don't get any longer or more SS / Raykes, meaning they need to deal more then +100% damage in shorter time periods.

Granted that the V15>V20 stats increase don't make all that surplus completely irrelevant, but I suppose time will tell!

+20 to those stats is a few percent damage, not the 80%+ we need. At V20, with current known mechanics and power levels, Ongo / Mboze become practically impossible due to time limits as both those fights artificially limited our DPS.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 09:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No you got lucky twice. Those who aren't getting lucky can beat it with a ~2 minutes remaining if they are good. SS / Rayke really is that important, you deal capped damage during it but without you end up at 1/4 to 1/2 of your damage due to Ongo's built in resist tiers.

This isn't a case of "get gud son", nothing in your gear is going to beat those resist tiers. I've had to clear it many times for various people's clears, whether you have an "easy" or "hard" fight is 100% down to getting lucky on RD / WC.

And just to illustrate the silliness of your statement, V20 is almost 4 million HP while V15 is "only" around 2.3 million HP, at your stated lucky "5 minutes remaining", you would need over 20 minutes to kill it. The problem should become apparent, we don't have enough time. Hopefully they either correct the HP scaling down, fix Ongo to not have a permanent resist traits, or give us more time.

+20 to those stats is a few percent damage, not the 80%+ we need. At V20, with current known mechanics and power levels, Ongo / Mboze become practically impossible due to time limits as both those fights artificially limited our DPS.
Whata crazy is people called me and others out for saying mboze wins weren't lucky when people got 1 timber or no timbers. Mboze is more luck based on wins than ongo easily. People people ongo with 1 wc and no rd before with 3 mins on clock so idk why every win that's higher than 1 min left on clock is being called lucky. Most people who only have a min left from stuff they said they did r/g wrong or thr cor only knows how to nageling spam and not weave in earth shot for mb windows.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-04 09:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly it's possible the HP scaling could get cut so that veng 20 atonement 3's "only" have somewhere in the range of 3-3.5 million hp, but even then, an Ongo with 3.5 million HP is not an easy win. Saevel is on point here. You only get so many random deal resets, and those windows only last so long. The mechanics of the ongo fight mandate effective JA usge, and there is a fair amount of luck involved in the fight as is. If you get lucky on resets you can clear with 5-7 minutes remaining sure. But that's with 2.3 million HP currently, and if you bump that up to 3.5 million hp then in that same scenario where you got lucky he would still have 35% HP remaining at the 5 minute mark. You would still have 1.2 million HP to go through and without the ability to keep resetting Ja's further the damage output will drop off a cliff.

I'm not saying the fight won't be doable. In fact I'm looking forward to tacking it myself. If nothing else, spamming ongo at veng 20 is a really good way to catch up on Agwu's augs since with moogle amp you'd get like 1500-1700 RP even on a non-kill. But I think some people are underestimating the impact the veng 20 HP pool will have on these fights. There are significant implications with the ongo and mboze fights when the NM's gain a significantly higher HP sponging ability because their mechanics limit how much damage you are capable of dealing in a certain time frame, and you can't simply throw more DD's at them to change that.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-04 09:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Whata crazy is people called me and others out for saying mboze wins weren't lucky when people got 1 timber or no timbers. Mboze is more luck based on wins than ongo easily.

if you use tp limit method, it will never tp, so there's no luck involved at all, just have to know your strategy

that's what people were saying, your group just wasn't willing or able to try that so you kept banging your head into the wall hoping you'd get a run with enough weak tp you could kill it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 09:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So stockpile 50k Bumba RP for the day of the update so you can instantly max your gear after getting the clear? Cool.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-04 10:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So stockpile 50k Bumba RP for the day of the update so you can instantly max your gear after getting the clear? Cool.

That would be a mistake, because you'll be getting massively more RP off V20 farms as compared to V15. Better off saving your segments and getting 2 sets for the same amount of runs. (Or, in reality, spending 100k segments just to kill Ongo..)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 10:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I can ever fully spend through my segment stash (especially not with daily seg farming still) even if I tried.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-01-04 10:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What about accuracy? I haven't done a ton of t3/t4 v15 fights outside of Bumba, but I know without considerable buffing, hitting Bumba at v15 is difficult. If their evasion scales up, will ML20 really be able to keep up even with buffs?

That's a valid concern but I don't think it's the reason behind their choice.
I think it's more of a matter of: "We want to offer motivation for players to login every single day at least once a day".

As for the money thing, it makes no sense to begin with. After so many years where we struggled with too much gil inflation they finally acknowledge the issue and add gil-sinks (AF reforge, then Relic, then the Ambuscade weekly cap then Odyssey gear price) and then what? Then they add GIL as a reward for Sheol A/B/C?!
Srsly?!

Yea, I agree, that is the root of it. Keep the content short and engaging, but limit it so you lose if you don't participate. They offer the gil for the casuals and the RP for those that are after it.

I'm not really sure it works, though. I really wonder what the participation numbers are on segment farms each day compared to the entire player base, then how many are actually RP farming Gaol fights. Most of my shells are casual and I can count on one hand the number of people I know with anything ranked beyond r7, most without anything at all. It just doesn't seem to draw people in, in part maybe because most jobs don't really require the augments to be effective, but also I still think it's too restrictive.

It seems like the job meta and gating surrounding it creates this paradox where, to be successful and get anything out of it, you are well geared in certain jobs, but likely have established groups already to pull from, or you aren't as well geared in certain jobs and have to deal with so much to participate and get any return, that it isn't worth it. I'm in a steady static, but I know how frustrating this is. I'm also NIN though, so it's a little extra frustrating given how essential Path B Nyame is.

Giving us multiple KIs would be nice, they could make the bonus a one time a day thing and eliminate that concern, but I think there are some other, more interesting things they could do. I think it'd be cool to have a rotating (by the day) bonus for bringing a random job in, increase the finish bonus if the job of the day is xyz and change it daily. That would encourage folks to break the current formula, which IMO, is the worst part of it. My feeling is that with new battle content on the horizon though, Odyssey will start to phase out, they'll increase the # of KIs, and make the bonus a once a day thing as people start flocking to the new content, the time to do innovative changes is probably closing as focus shifts to new content.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 10:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note I'm not saying the new tiers of ongo is gonna be cake walk just saying it's not gonna be mboze hard. Depending on how se scales it at the end of the day tbh. Hopefully they understand mages haven't gotten stronger at all just melee damage got higher because everyone can dd basically with no resist.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 10:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
but I know without considerable buffing, hitting Bumba at v15 is difficult

I can hit Bumba on V15 with sushi and Kuyin Trust, with my standard melee set on Warrior with Aggressor using Naegling/Shield (Sakpata x3, AF legs/feet). So I wouldn't say it's considerable buffing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 10:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Wouldn't matter because someone needs to beat every other NM, including Ongo and Mboze, at V20 before they can unlock a V20 Bumba fight in order to unlock the V20 RP growth on Nyame.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-04 10:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
someone needs to beat every other NM, including Ongo and Mboze

Mboze is gonna be ridiculously hard if they scale its hp up as much as I anticipate they will. Even at 3.5 mil HP that's a whole lot of sponging for a single DD to have to chew through when they're forced to pace their DD output or risk a wipe. The fight mechanics tied to both of those Nm's are gonna be a real pain. For all the talk we just had about Ongo, I'm not knocking Mboze either. Both of those fights are gonna be brutal.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note I'm not saying the new tiers of ongo is gonna be cake walk just saying it's not gonna be mboze hard. Depending on how se scales it at the end of the day tbh. Hopefully they understand mages haven't gotten stronger at all just melee damage got higher because everyone can dd basically with no resist.

Mboze is not hard, not remotely, it's actually piss easy, just tedious because again we are artificially forced to limited DPS.

Just need a good DRK with a capped SB set, a BST (or SMN) and a good BLU. Mboze hits like a wimp, it's his TP moves that wreck folks.

DRK
BST/SMN (BST is likely better TP reset, SMN has side buffs)
BLU
BRD
WHM
COR

BST / BLU just reset it's TP while the DRK spams Torcleaver in a SB set, WHM needs to keep up JSE + Auspice (this is the part folks forget). BRD and COR super buff the DRK, BRD sticks wind threnody on Mboze, BLU lands Frightful Roar / Silent Storm and cycles TP Resets. BST has a Vermin pet at start for Killer Instinct and then switches to Leech pet for TP Drain. WHM needs to keep Dia II on Mboze full time.

Using that we tear chunks out of his HP, but have to carefully manage his TP growth to ensure no TP moves get off. It ends up being a long boring slog, especially under 25% when the DRK needs to almost turn around every 2 WS to ensure it never goes above 1000TP.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 10:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Mboze is gonna be ridiculously hard if they scale its hp up as much as I anticipate they will. Even at 3.5 mil HP that's a whole lot of sponging for a single DD to have to chew through. The fight mechanics tied to both of those Nm's are gonna be a real pain.

Yeah the moment they mentioned V20 I thought through the fight mechanics and groaned. Every other NM we can crush except those two because mechanics limit our ability to kill no matter how much we buff our stats. Mbozes "you lose" button and Ongo's "can't touch me" resist tiers are complete BS.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-04 10:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the anxiety just thinking about doing these again. . . damn you SE.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-01-04 10:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So how are you guys getting those HP numbers?

Below video has Ngai with parse at V5/10/15 and based on that parse it has
V5: around 1 027 556 HP
V10: around 1 608 817 HP
V15: around 2 164 454 HP

I don't see that x2 at all from V10 to V15. More like +550-600k HP every 5 levels. That means V20 will have something around 2.8M. Saevel have me blocked, so he won't see this anyway, but his assumption of 4M HP at V20 is based on nothing and he writes it like it's a fact already..

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 10:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mboze is not hard, not remotely, it's actually piss easy, just tedious because again we are artificially forced to limited DPS.

Just need a good DRK with a capped SB set, a BST (or SMN) and a good BLU. Mboze hits like a wimp, it's his TP moves that wreck folks.

DRK
BST/SMN (BST is likely better TP reset, SMN has side buffs)
BLU
BRD
WHM
COR

BST / BLU just reset it's TP while the DRK spams Torcleaver in a SB set, WHM needs to keep up JSE + Auspice (this is the part folks forget). BRD and COR super buff the DRK, BRD sticks wind threnody on Mboze, BLU lands Frightful Roar / Silent Storm and cycles TP Resets. BST has a Vermin pet at start for Killer Instinct and then switches to Leech pet for TP Drain. WHM needs to keep Dia II on Mboze full time.

Using that we tear chunks out of his HP, but have to carefully manage his TP growth to ensure no TP moves get off. It ends up being a long boring slog, especially under 25% when the DRK needs to almost turn around every 2 WS to ensure it never goes above 1000TP.
Yes with the strat now I'm talking before people got up with this strat people raved about how skilled groups were when people were doing sam method and drk method. I have thorny blocked but someone showed me what he said and he was one of the main ones screaming how skilled they were to do it. We got 4 timbers in a row which people said it was all skill we just weren't good. Still don't use the best setup and mboze is fine now. People more scared of his hp than anything now. Which this post is more confusing because people just said how hard mboze and ongo are gonna be but now people saying they cake walk which one is it?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 10:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Mboze is gonna be ridiculously hard if they scale its hp up as much as I anticipate they will. Even at 3.5 mil HP that's a whole lot of sponging for a single DD to have to chew through. The fight mechanics tied to both of those Nm's are gonna be a real pain.

Yeah the moment they mentioned V20 I thought through the fight mechanics and groaned. Every other NM we can crush except those two because mechanics limit our ability to kill no matter how much we buff our stats. Mbozes "you lose" button and Ongo's "can't touch me" resist tiers are complete BS.
This is confusing as the post you use said he is piss easy if it'd just hp scaling and you got a really good drk shouldn't be a big deal right?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15