Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Which keep in mind I don't believe either is hard at this point and I don't think slapping on ho makes someone omega hard. We beat mboze v15 with a war instead of a drk so the tp limit isn't even needed right now. Maybe in next set to be safe because of hp stacking se gonna give them sure but currently you don't need a drk or bst to be v15 mboze.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 10:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So stockpile 50k Bumba RP for the day of the update so you can instantly max your gear after getting the clear? Cool.

Wouldn't matter because someone needs to beat every other NM, including Ongo and Mboze, at V20 before they can unlock a V20 Bumba fight in order to unlock the V20 RP growth on Nyame.

Back to the grind, I see.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
someone needs to beat every other NM, including Ongo and Mboze

Mboze is gonna be ridiculously hard if they scale its hp up as much as I anticipate they will. Even at 3.5 mil HP that's a whole lot of sponging for a single DD to have to chew through. The fight mechanics tied to both of those Nm's are gonna be a real pain.

Yeah the moment they mentioned V20 I thought through the fight mechanics and groaned. Every other NM we can crush except those two because mechanics limit our ability to kill no matter how much we buff our stats. Mbozes "you lose" button and Ongo's "can't touch me" resist tiers are complete BS.
This is confusing as the post you use said he is piss easy if it'd just hp scaling and you got a really good drk shouldn't be a big deal right?

This is you being obtuse and trying to humble brag.

Mboze is an easy if long fight at it's current 2.3 million HP. If they do have almost 4 million HP at V20, then it becomes impossible due to the 15 minute time limit. You can't magically "deal 80% moar damage" because you have to control TP feed or face his "I win" button. Now if we added another 10 or 15 minutes to the fight, then it does indeed become quite easy, if not even more boring at V20. SMN gives you Crytal Blessing and a last minute push with Perfect Defense, BST gives you more controlled TP resets and an upfront damage boost with Killer Instinct, I've beaten it with both.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 11:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Mboze is gonna be ridiculously hard if they scale its hp up as much as I anticipate they will. Even at 3.5 mil HP that's a whole lot of sponging for a single DD to have to chew through. The fight mechanics tied to both of those Nm's are gonna be a real pain.

Yeah the moment they mentioned V20 I thought through the fight mechanics and groaned. Every other NM we can crush except those two because mechanics limit our ability to kill no matter how much we buff our stats. Mbozes "you lose" button and Ongo's "can't touch me" resist tiers are complete BS.
This is confusing as the post you use said he is piss easy if it'd just hp scaling and you got a really good drk shouldn't be a big deal right?

Mboze is an easy if long fight at it's current 2.3 million HP. If they do have almost 4 million HP at V20, then it becomes impossible due to the 15 minute time limit. You can't magically "deal 80% moar damage" because you have to control TP feed or face his "I win" button. Now if we added another 10 or 15 minutes to the fight, then it does indeed become quite easy, if not even more boring at V20. SMN gives you Crytal Blessing and a last minute push with Perfect Defense, BST gives you more controlled TP resets and an upfront damage boost with Killer Instinct, I've beaten it with both.
First off I'm not humble bragging lol I leave that to you and the other forum warriors. Second off it's me saying it can be done without the stuff you guys said you quoted me saying mboze is hard when I never said he was hard. You tried to ***on me and say he piss easy and I dont know what I'm doing lol. I'm going off your post. All I said was mboze would be harder in my eyes than ongo. I understand how stats work which is why I said if se doesn't *** it up and do tons of hp and stat scaling on ongo and not scale mages simple. So idk where you got obtuse humble brag from but I don't do that on this site it's useless epeen.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 11:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

First off I'm not humble bragging lol I leave that to you and the other forum warriors. Second off it's me saying it can be done without the stuff you guys said you quoted me saying mboze is hard when I never said he was hard. You tried to ***on me and say he piss easy and I dont know what I'm doing lol. I'm going off your post. All I said was mboze would be harder in my eyes than ongo. I understand how stats work which is why I said if se doesn't *** it up and do tons of hp and stat scaling on ongo and not scale mages simple. So idk where you got obtuse humble brag from but I don't do that on this site it's useless epeen.

You just agreed with both me and Melphina btw, but go ahead and you do you.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-04 11:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 11:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

You just agreed with both me and Melphina btw, but go ahead and you do you.
Sure thanks for dodging what I said and pointing my original point out. Never disagreed with you on that point at all but thanks guess you can join thorny
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 11:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm gonna be honest I don't even know how it got to that point lol. I wasn't even bragging or anything just simply said mboze is harder than ongo. Guy tried to ***on me and saying mboze is piss easy then came back and said it's hard.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 11:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So stockpile 50k Bumba RP for the day of the update so you can instantly max your gear after getting the clear? Cool.

Wouldn't matter because someone needs to beat every other NM, including Ongo and Mboze, at V20 before they can unlock a V20 Bumba fight in order to unlock the V20 RP growth on Nyame.

Back to the grind, I see.

Yeah, like I can see us doing the T1's and 2's pretty quickly, the first 4 T3's are gonna be annoying but it's just more of the same. The last 2 though, I just don't see 4 million HP in 15 minutes with those artificial limiters put in place. Now if SE only added like 700K HP, from 2.3 million to 3.0 million, then we could push through it with a little lucky and coordination.

I wonder how much the first guy who unlocks V20 Bumba is gonna charge to open the fight?

Bumba V20 opener <Do You Need It?> 200M <Can I have It?>

:Edit:

And problem with the other guy solved.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-04 11:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Below video has Ngai with parse at V5/10/15 and based on that parse it has
V5: around 1 027 556 HP
V10: around 1 608 817 HP
V15: around 2 164 454 HP

I don't see that x2 at all from V10 to V15. More like +550-600k HP every 5 levels. That means V20 will have something around 2.8M.

Interesting to see. If the Veng 20 had more akin to 2.8 - 3 million hp then it's a lot more doable. That scaling would still put veng 25 at closer to 3.5 million hp though, and I do think that's around the point where the time limit is gonna become a massive problem. Maybe by then we'll have enough gear upgrades over the current stuff to make a 3.5 million kill viable. The empyrean +3 we'll be getting could very well be factored into the planned equation. We'll just have to see when next Tuesday rolls around.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-04 11:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna be honest I don't even know how it got to that point lol. I wasn't even bragging or anything just simply said mboze is harder than ongo. Guy tried to ***on me and saying mboze is piss easy then came back and said it's hard.
No, he simply said that it's piss easy now but would be nigh impossible if they increased the HP as much as some fear. They're not mutually exclusive.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 11:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see us doing the T1's and 2's pretty quickly, the first 4 T3's are gonna be annoying but it's just more of the same.

I had forgotten about having to clear all of those NMs all over again on V20, completely slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Below video has Ngai with parse at V5/10/15 and based on that parse it has
V5: around 1 027 556 HP
V10: around 1 608 817 HP
V15: around 2 164 454 HP

I don't see that x2 at all from V10 to V15. More like +550-600k HP every 5 levels. That means V20 will have something around 2.8M.

Interesting to see. If the Veng 20 had more akin to 2.8 - 3 million hp then it's a lot more doable. That scaling would still put veng 25 at closer to 3.5 million hp though, and I do think that's around the point where the time limit is gonna become a massive problem. Maybe by then we'll have enough gear upgrades over the current stuff to make a 3.5 million kill viable. The empyrean +3 we'll be getting could very well be factored into the planned equation. We'll just have to see when next Tuesday rolls around.

Yeah 2.8 ~ 3 million HP is much more manageable then 4 million. Still gonna be a PITA on Ongo / Mboze but at least it's something that's doable with sufficient practice and coordination. It turns those "we won with 5+ minutes remaining" to "woah we barely won that".
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 11:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
No, he simply said that it's piss easy now but would be nigh impossible if they increased the HP as much as some fear. They're not mutually exclusive.
I guess linking me to a comment about something I never said didn't help. Oh well I can't go back and see the post as they taken away from blocks. Aa I said before long as they don't overshoot the hp fights should be the same strats.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-04 11:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Which keep in mind I don't believe either is hard at this point and I don't think slapping on ho makes someone omega hard. We beat mboze v15 with a war instead of a drk so the tp limit isn't even needed right now. Maybe in next set to be safe because of hp stacking se gonna give them sure but currently you don't need a drk or bst to be v15 mboze.

WAR can get just as much Subtle Blow (65) as DRK. . . so I don't understand this point about TP limiting being unnecessary. Because it definitely still is.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-01-04 11:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »

WAR can get just as much Subtle Blow (65) as DRK. . . so I don't understand this point about TP limiting being unnecessary. Because it definitely still is.

The difference is WAR swings much slower then DRK due to DRK being able to hit delay floor with LR.

DRK
Gear Haste: 256
JA Haste: 256
Magic: 448
Total: (1024-960)/1024 0.0625 delay, capped at 0.20

WAR
Gear Haste: 256
Magic: 448
Total: (1024-704)/1024 0.3125 delay.

DRK ends up swinging 56% faster (0.3125/0.20) and thus feeding ~56% more TP but dealing more damage. WAR's can just do fencer savage like they do on Bumba and it's actually a safer strategy and not that much less DPS. On the other hand one of our guys made a Father Time with Subtle Blow II +25 and has been running a 75 Subtle Blow set, gonna be interesting to see how it works in a full clear run. Would that much Subtle Blow allow him to go harder the entire fight, and more importantly feed less TP during WS's, to not worry about the last 25%.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it can and in both cases we never used the SB SET. So that was kinda my point. It can be done without the tp limiting when people beat it we didn't use bst or blu. The point was made a good drk can do it and I said you don't need the drk(Soul Enslavement) from drk to win that's all. Had nothing to do with sb sets. Hopefully that's clears that up for you.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-04 12:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK also has the minor benefit of Soul Enslavement giving you 30 seconds of safe full zerg time, which grants quite a bit of extra leeway elsewhere in the fight for DPS.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 12:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
DRK also has the minor benefit of Soul Enslavement giving you 30 seconds of safe full zerg time, which grants quite a bit of extra leeway elsewhere in the fight for DPS.
Yep yep drk feels way better on tree compared to war for sure why I was glad to dirt off my drk for it.
 Asura.Littlelovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Littlelovin 2022-01-04 12:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

all jobs can get 75 subtle blow
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-04 12:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Littlelovin said: »

all jobs can get 75 subtle blow

Oh, duh, I always forget about the Su. 5. But I'm not sure how viable either of those would be DPS wise on Mboze.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 12:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That comes at a pricey DPS cost. 65 is more than sufficient, since DRK would be using Caladbolg Torcleaver (and WAR probably Chango or Naegling) for their DPS. Su5 would certainly help reduce tp moves, but would make the fight longer, which defeats the purpose of the strat.

FWIW, Ninja has Yurin, which is -10% TP Gain. Idk how productive a Savage Blade Ninja would be, but it is slashing damage and probably gets TP faster than DRK or WAR, but much lower white dps. If you could land Yurin, it might be another strategy. And Ninja gets so much native Subtle Blow, it needs not make any adjustments to its normal TP set.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-04 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it can and in both cases we never used the SB SET. So that was kinda my point. It can be done without the tp limiting when people beat it we didn't use bst or blu. The point was made a good drk can do it and I said you don't need the drk(Soul Enslavement) from drk to win that's all. Had nothing to do with sb sets. Hopefully that's clears that up for you.

Yes, saying we didn't bother using a Subtle Blow set instead of "we used WAR" does clear it up because a Subtle Blow/TP limit method is perfectly viable with either job. And, technically, the SB set up was never "necessary." It just takes a lot of the luck out of it.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-04 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
What about accuracy? I haven't done a ton of t3/t4 v15 fights outside of Bumba, but I know without considerable buffing, hitting Bumba at v15 is difficult. If their evasion scales up, will ML20 really be able to keep up even with buffs?
I'm 90% sure that V level doesn't affect their non-HP basic defensive stats. It changes their HP, DMG (probably), attack, accuracy (probably), magic attack, magic accuracy, DT, and gimmicks (like what HP they use their SPs at), but their defense, evasion, MDB, magic evasion, and attributes are untouched.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 12:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, saying we didn't bother using a Subtle Blow set instead of "we used WAR" does clear it up because a Subtle Blow/TP limit method is perfectly viable with either job. And, technically, the SB set up was never "necessary." It just takes a lot of the luck out of it.
Yes sorry shouldve made it simple to understand. People said drk and understood it was for the tp limit but didn't understand war has the same gear as drk. Also don't let people see you saying luck for mboze it's no luck at all for timber just tp limit lol.
By SimonSes 2022-01-04 12:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, Ninja has Yurin, which is -10% TP Gain. Idk how productive a Savage Blade Ninja would be, but it is slashing damage and probably gets TP faster than DRK or WAR, but much lower white dps. If you could land Yurin, it might be another strategy. And Ninja gets so much native Subtle Blow, it needs not make any adjustments to its normal TP set.

NIN can also use Migawari against Canopierce and afaik you can stand to only have NIN in range of Canopierce, but everyone still in range for Timber, which reduce the chance of being caught with pants down (not full HP :P) during Timber.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-01-04 12:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

NIN can also use Migawari against Canopierce and afaik you can stand to only have NIN in range of Canopierce, but everyone still in range for Timber, which reduce the chance of being caught with pants down (not full HP :P) during Timber.
This is something I didn't know about the nin Cano thing but guess it makes sense. Sadly I wish we could play around with stuff like this without limited points.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 12:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I guess the wiki does say that Ninja can block Canopierce with Migawari. Totally did not see that mentioned. That's pretty interesting. Can Ninja reliably land Yurin on Mboze? I might try it later, for science.

The problem with Ninja is that it gets limited access to Subtle Blow II gear, besides the Su5 and Mpaca Hose. Ninja on Dagon and Sherida Earring would have been helpful. And if you are using Savage Blade for damage, you won't be using Su5 (nor do I have one built).

Which form of TP mitigation reduces more: Yurin's -10% or that extra 10% Subtle Blow II that DRK and WAR get? (or are they the same?)
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-01-04 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Timber is 10 yalms and Canopierce is 15 yalms so that is not viable.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-04 13:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The NIN bit about Canopierce is quite intriguing, but Sakpata really makes building a Subtle Blow set for DRK pretty damn easy if you have access to a couple rarer items- and still very doable even without them.

Auspice with Ebers+1 piece: 25 SB1 (remember not to use Endark II, as it will overwrite Auspice)
Sakpata Gauntlets: 8 SB1
Sakpata Leggings: 10 SB1 (after augments)
Chirich Ring+1: 10 SB1

(could even drop Auspice completely if you can't/don't want to take a WHM to this NM, and add a 2nd Chirich+1 along with Bathy Choker+1 and Schere Earring to be 52/50, but that's more DPS loss)

With that, you've capped Subtle Blow 1, (53). If you haven't augmented your Sakpata's Leggings yet, can drop those feet while Last Resort is up (and its only down for around 55 seconds for every 5 minutes with merits/ambu cape) for the Fallen Sollerets +3 to give +15 Subtle Blow 1 during Last Resort.

Add to this Dagon Breastplate and Niqmaddu Ring, and now you've tapped on +15 Subtle Blow 2.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15