First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-14 18:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So a useful note.

When the doppleganger does AF and alex/odin , it gets cast on (the 2nd enmity list?) someone other than the current tank. So you can presplit and odin will be cast away from the party, or the doppleganger will chase the split off member and miss PD from alex.

(or of course, you can simply kill alex/odin or kill the doppleganger fast as possible and skip the mechanic alltogether, just leaving the informational option)

it's good for multibox killing, 2 melee and run melee 2 away to avoid chaos
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-08-14 18:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried BLU nuking the Doppleganger for the insta-win method?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-14 19:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, when the strat isnt "Savage blade all the things", it falls back to "Throw a bunch of COR at it"...but yup, cant adjust the nuke wall, thats broken.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-14 19:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the process tree.

Can I zerg it > can I conduit it > can I buy it > can I cheese it > I guess I have to range it > sigh, blm it is
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-14 20:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

kinkanat said: »
Yeah, we put him to sleep so we can kill the first avatar, but then to kill the SMN how can we stop him from running?

Do we have to kill all the avatars?

ES Gravity II from a decent RDM and it moves so slowly it's piss easy to kill.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-08-14 20:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Oh look, when the strat isnt "Savage blade all the things", it falls back to "Throw a bunch of COR at it"...but yup, cant adjust the nuke wall, thats broken.

Im pretty sure the method has been "Throw blm at it" and the cor's only job is buff and QD the final mob. Not even a bunch of cor, just a cor. You have more BLMs than cor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-08-14 21:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no reason you need blms to kill the avatars, melees are totally capable of zerging just be careful about SCs (or just naegling it) Also you don't have to use only cors, other melees with access to requiescat can help make sure doppleganger dies instantly when you wake it... even as the rdm/blm in charge of sleep/grav I dropped half its health with my requiescat when the cor's QD macro failed.
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-08-15 01:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever the doppler gets off his sp, the avatar he pops always sps me and wipes party.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 06:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

<Run Away!>

Or save tp and ws Odin when it pops.
[+]
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-08-15 08:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
<Run Away!>

Or save tp and ws Odin when it pops.
I survive odin, but he'd pop a second avatar. When bringing that avatar down and it sps, it does 30k + to everyone
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 08:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you're killing too slow for that style.

Either improve, lower the difficulty, or fight every avatar as they pop, then the doppelganger. (maybe sacro/rampart/OFA/Scherzo)
[+]
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-08-15 09:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not it... but thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 09:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean look, if it's (avatar that isn't odin) killing you, then you're failing the DPS check.

Kill Ramuh > Kill (elemental avatar 2) > Kill Doppleganger before it pops (elemental avatar 3) or don't damage it at all until avatar 4 5 6 7 8 are dead or you'll get pwned by astral flow.
By SimonSes 2021-08-15 10:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
melees are totally capable of zerging just be careful about SCs

Why are people so anti SC and pro Naegling for everything lol.
You can and should SC.

Edit: I mean I understand value of Naegling spam from everyone on zerg like bumba where you don't want to SC and you want to outpace game mechanics. In this month Ambuscade it's way better to skillchain if you can tho.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-08-15 10:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-15 12:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If for whatever reason you don't kill the summoned avatars fast enough, they will use their SP move and does five digit damage to everyone. I got him with Tidal Wave for 57K the other night due to several things causing us to take forever on a Leviathan that got summoned right as we killed the Summoner dude.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-08-15 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Why are people so anti SC and pro Naegling for everything lol.
You can and should SC.
Catering to the lowest common denominator of intelligence. Why bother looking up what the skillchains and coordinating are when you can just savageblade all the things with zero risk?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It literally takes longer for a skillchain window to open, than to get tp. Why wait 3 whole seconds when your gearswap can just ws every other second.

Imagine waiting for brd cor and a dd to make a sc, that's 9 seconds that aren't filled with savage blades. Blasphemous. Simply blasphemous.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-08-15 13:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
I survive odin, but he'd pop a second avatar. When bringing that avatar down and it sps, it does 30k + to everyone

The avatars use their astral flow ability at 50%.
RUN with Epeolatry+Liement completely negates that damage for the party, but its only a 10 second buff.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-15 13:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SCing will heal the avatars which is bad, specifically the first super Ramah we fight. Savage happens to be a good WS that lots of people have access to and doesn't SC with itself, so there you have it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-08-15 13:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Only heals if you use the wrong one.

As far as I've observed, the phase 2 avatars will only Astral Flow if they're alive and the summoner is not.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-15 14:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Any Impaction, Fragmentation, L3 Light or Radiance SC will heal Rumah. The rest aren't such a big deal since they die super fast. People are using Savage Blade because it easily meets the requirements of the fight, not because they are some sort of stupid brain dead zombies.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-08-15 14:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll note I said be careful not don't use, Ramah especially you can plan on SCing, trying to get all the dds on the same page for the element of the one other random avatar you face though...your mileage may vary.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-15 14:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta optimize those 5 second post-Ramuh avatar fights.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-08-15 14:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the damage needed from QD to 2-shot?
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-08-15 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it has about 25k HP
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-15 16:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
What's the damage needed from QD to 2-shot?
I know it isn't QD but if you mean 2 shot the Galka. Diabolos 2 shots it doing like 9k and some change each blood pact. Maybe use that as a reference.
By DeusDisciple 2021-08-15 17:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to one shot the Doppleganger from 100% HP with Ifrit's Conflag Strike like Papesse mentioned. CS did 14k-ish but that was on the Easy difficulty. Was just starting my first solo test run of this Ambu so gonna try Normal today. Only thing I'm worried about is I noticed the Doppleganger doesn't run away on VE or E, but looks like from the info on here that it runs on N and above. Conflag Strike is long range so your avatar can still use it long as it's less than 15 yalms from the target. I'm gonna try seeing if I can take em out that way for a quick solo win and bypass most of the phase 2 avatars.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-15 17:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't run away on VE/E because it doesn't call more avatars. On N it can call more so it does that run away mechanic.

Not sure how many it calls on N it's probably all 7 on D/VD
By DeusDisciple 2021-08-15 17:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was checking out Logical's video yesterday and looks like 3 of them spawn on N. I'm assuming it's probably around 5 for D and all 7 for VD. That's why I was thinking since parties have been able to take out the Doppleganger quickly and bypass all of phase 2 except the first avatar, if you can do the same solo then this would be an amazing month for ambu farming. I guess it depends if you have the means to either sleep/gravity it or if a long range attack like CS can still land while it's running.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10