Ramuh Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-08-20 17:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like you could just grab a bunch of smn's and be done with this fight with 3 people. There isn't really a nerf other than the smn itself which can be killed with a single blood pact anyways. Something like 1 smn 1hr ramuh, then kill the doppelganger 1st, then throw alexander up to protect from AF then conduit the other avatar.
By aisukage 2021-08-20 21:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

4min run Roughly using Blue Osmosis to dispel spikes, BRD ES sleep and then BLU ES Absolute Terror the SMN strat. Was a pretty relaxing strat. Even when we had mishaps. It was generally an easy recovery. If tank died to AC. Just kited until his AC wore off and got tank back up. Turned a 4 minute run into a 5-6 minute run. Still not bad and pretty straight forward.

RUN / BLU(/blm) / BRD(/blm) / COR / DD / Healer.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Starbucks 2021-08-21 06:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the good thing about this month - so many different set ups can do it. No pigeon holing of set up.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-21 07:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple setups work every(most*) months. This isn't new. People just latch onto the most optimal.
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-08-21 08:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Multiple setups work every(most*) months. This isn't new. People just latch onto the most optimal.
the difference in speed/ease is less between different set ups in this month, happy?
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-09-03 16:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit late but, are BLU PLD SMN THF the only jobs with reliable dispel/absorb options to remove the spikes on Ramuh this month?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-03 16:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen anyone mention whether or not a simple dark shot works. No ones gone and made a full list of does/doesn't work.

Or the absorbing shield, for instance.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-03 17:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like enough CORs have been thrown at this one that it would've been the default method early on.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-03 17:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You would think, but not necessarily. I've done it maybe 100 times, with a cor and never bothered to even consider dark shot lol (every run has a cor, but the cor typically won't even have a gun to use quick draw) I kept saying I'd buy a gun and bullets to try it, but here we are last week and I still hadn't.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-09-03 17:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried, it doesn't work. The only things that do are the dispels that don't have a magic accuracy check.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-03 17:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't seem to be able to dispel with dark shot using the following set.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-03 17:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I myself have tried it with the best gear I had for such things. No dice. On Very Easy even on my first run. It was the obvious thing to attempt...
 Valefor.Brainstew
Server: Valefor
user: Brainstew
By Valefor.Brainstew 2021-09-03 20:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Bit late but, are BLU PLD SMN THF the only jobs with reliable dispel/absorb options to remove the spikes on Ramuh this month?

Pup can pretty easily with regulator, could not get it to land with Cor or Drk at all
By Draylo 2021-09-03 20:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got some play time to do this on repeat, can't believe it turned from a decently challenging to complete push over, I guess it really is all about preparation and pre-planning in this game lol. Should have given the SMN a knock-back and immune to terror/gravity. Between this month and next months frog, will be seeing currency at an all time low price.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-09-03 20:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Brainstew said: »
Pup can pretty easily with regulator, could not get it to land with Cor or Drk at all

Strange because someone a while back said this:

Seun said: »
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Has anyone tested PUP's disruptor or regulator? If they both work then that could be a good way to keep him dispelled.

Didn't work for me. Tested on VD several times, no dice.

Wonder what the difference is, I know very little about PUP.
 Valefor.Brainstew
Server: Valefor
user: Brainstew
By Valefor.Brainstew 2021-09-03 23:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Muginn
Server: Shiva
user: Muginn86
By Shiva.Muginn 2021-09-06 12:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if someone already posted this strat for VD (1m:45s clear):

PLD SAM BRD COR (Last 2 can be carry or anything)
SAM need to have Murasamemaru

Songs: 2x Haste, 1x Minuet, 1x Madrigal (Save N/T for Sleep)
COR: Crooked Chaos, Sam

Same as other strats PLD run in Shield Bash > Sentinel. PLD SAM BRD and COR all DD on Ramuh. After Ramuh dies BRD N/T Sleep SMN. Kill 2nd Avatar.

SAM switch to Murasamemaru > Meditate (wait for 2k TP) > Sneak Attack > Konzen (for good measure) > Fudo. This should one shot the SMN

[+]
By SimonSes 2021-09-06 12:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like this great katana is underused. Probably can work in several different places too. Ongo maybe?
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-09-08 20:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People definitely forgot it existed after Delve 1.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-08 21:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I feel like this great katana is underused. Probably can work in several different places too. Ongo maybe?

Shhhh, don't remind SE it exists or it'll get the Twilight Scythe treatment.
By macsdf1 2021-09-09 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i still have mine in my inbox lol.
actually I ate my first one to make a naegling when I returned to game, farmed a new one off uptala.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [334 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-09 15:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably should've given this the bump a few days ago but I forgot.

The same QD strat won't work as well (maybe?)

Quote:
Intense Ambuscades have undergone the following adjustments.
A visual effect will now display when Bozzetto Ramuh activates a special ability when using Astral Passage.
The Bozzetto Doppelganger will find it more difficult to flee when afflicted with weight or bind.
The Bozzetto Doppelganger now has resistance against all form of damage.
* The amount of damage reduction is unchanged.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-08-10 05:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A visual effect will now display when Bozzetto Ramuh activates a special ability when using Astral Passage.
The Bozzetto Doppelganger will find it more difficult to flee when afflicted with weight or bind.

correct just tried and usual 10k QDs were doing 1k, all damage was down to about 1/10th
however the fight is pretty much zergable if the add after Ramuh is managed lol
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 14:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is the strat? I don't remember.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-08-10 14:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »

Quote:

correct just tried and usual 10k QDs were doing 1k, all damage was down to about 1/10th
however the fight is pretty much zergable if the add after Ramuh is managed lol

Did you try Requiescat? As I recall, this was one of the other kill methods the first time around.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-08-10 14:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's just a flat -90%dt from all sources sabo grav2 and spam savage should work just fine. It never really had a ton of hp.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-08-10 15:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 16:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Party setup: PLD, WAR, BLU/BLM, BRD/BLM, COR, WHM

PLD opens with Shield Bash (with relic gloves) to dispel the shock spikes. Flash, sentinel, rampart, palisade after tagging. Savage blade spam from the rest. Around 20%, I swap to BRD, use elemental seal, and wait for Ramuh to die and for the summoner boss to spawn (he will randomly spawn in one of the four corners). Track him down and Foe Lullaby II him. He will have summoned one random avatar before he gets slept. Have the rest of the party savage blade it.

Once the second avatar is dead, march everybody over to the sleeping summoner. The BLU then does Unbridled Learning into Elemental Seal into Absolute Terror. At the same time, I have WAR throw Tomahawk to reduce the summoners special DT. After Terror is on, engage and have everybody savage blade. Dead in 1-2 volleys.

If you DONT use terror, he will summon more avatars and possible Astral Flow while you are fighting him, which is a bad time.

You used to be able to do Quick Draw for an unmitigated 10k each time, but they nerfed that into the ground this go around.

There are other ways to fry this up, but this is the method that is most accessible for me 6-boxing. Apparently it is more susceptible to Gravity 2 from RDM this time.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-08-10 18:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Further tinker musings:

You don't need a WHM. PLD/WHM to paralyna/erase if necessary. I just had a run where PLD cure button was not touched. I jammed another DD in the 6th spot. The BLU could also just have White Wind slotted for the spare AoE heal in a pinch.

The run prior I had no WHM and I had to re-learn the hard way that Stunga seems to reset hate. I opened with Divine Emblem Flash, he used Stunga right off the bat and then started volt striking people. Both my WAR's and the BRD died before I got it under control. I raised the BRD on PLD and left the WAR's dead. Managed to kill Ramuh and the summoner with PLD/BLU/COR damage only. So it's still salvageable even if Ramuh starts whackin idiots off.

I forgot BLU can diffusion Erratic Flutter since you won't be using diffusion for Mighty Guard (you need learning for Absolute Terror). Can drop Victory March from the rotation because of this.

Without ES, Absolute Terror did not land on the summoner despite having rolanberry daifuku and a very strong magic accuracy set.
[+]
By macsdf1 2022-08-10 18:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so does requesthecat work?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10