First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-11 14:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody try Droning Whirlwind for the dispel instead of PLD's?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-11 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet Atomos would dispel it ez
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 14:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Osmosis works. Don't have to rely on a 5 min JA to dispel it.

[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-08-11 14:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shield bash only 1min recast now (max) down to 50s w/ merits.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 14:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Osmosis works. Don't have to rely on a 5 min JA to dispel it.

I see you're using trusts. What difficulty was this?
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just entered on D to test if Osmosis worked. Didn't intend to actually stick around longer than a minute or 2 in the fight.

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Shield bash only 1min recast now (max) down to 50s w/ merits.
I was referring to the suggestion of Droning Whirlwind and Unbridled Learning's recast. You can get Osmosis down to a 24s recast, anyway.
[+]
By iamaman 2021-08-11 14:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like BST can dispel it also. I tried on VD with both Randy and Zhivago.

That didn't disable stunga though, he still cast it a few times.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 14:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he re-use Lightning Armor? He gains access to it whenever he loses the spikes effect.

They could both be unrelated to each other, though.

I just entered on D to test if Osmosis worked. Didn't intend to actually stick around longer than a minute or 2 in the fight.

Nice. This means Dispel from RDM should also work.

He's actually not very physically threatening at all, even on VD. Only during his Conduit when Bolt Strike can occasionally hit me on Epeo RUN for 2800 if Battuta fails from a stun. Other that that, I didn't see much from him.
 Bahamut.Kwech
Server: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-08-11 14:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Malaketth said: »
The smn will not call out avatars if he is being kited.. so have your brd kite the smn while dealing with Avatars one at a time.

In case anyone missed it this is it. Its not exactly kiting, you have the BRD chase the smn and they wont summon until stopping. Mazurka and run speed gear.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 14:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Did he re-use Lightning Armor?
It's just a random TP ability he can use if it's down. Entered again on VD and he didn't seem to favor Lightning Armor over any other move after Osmosis absorbing the buff.
This means Dispel from RDM should also work.
Osmosis (and Droning Whirlwind) are a bit different than Dispel, as they're not subject to a Macc check.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-11 14:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested Atomos, works for the spikes
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-08-11 14:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

iamaman said: »

I'm guessing he put Lightning Armor back up. We are now 6/6 VD's on the "Shield Bash > never see Stunga" train. We also just stopped bringing a WHM.

PLD/WAR/WAR/WAR/BRD/COR. All roads lead to Naegling, lads.
[+]
By Heck 2021-08-11 14:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Osmosis worked on VD too
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 14:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Osmosis (and Droning Whirlwind) are a bit different than Dispel, as they're not subject to a Macc check.

I was looking at it from an element perspective. He absorbs anything lightning-aligned, so I was thinking maybe he has high resistance/affinity to thunder/light-based spells. Finale never lands, and it is light based. But Droning Whirlind (wind), Osmosis (dark), Randy's Cross Thrash (which is physical, but has distortion/detonation properties) and Zvihago's Molting Plumage (wind) and Atomos (dark) all landed.

I think he just happens to highly-resist any light-based enfeebles. Has anyone seen Flash land at all? In dozen of casts, it is always resisted.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-08-11 15:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone earlier said they had to Stymie Frazzle 3 to land it, which is dark based. I've also not seen Dark Shot land yet. I imagine most if not all of the dispels currently working only work because they're guaranteed to land, including augmented Shield Bash.
By iamaman 2021-08-11 15:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

I'm guessing he put Lightning Armor back up. We are now 6/6 VD's on the "Shield Bash > never see Stunga" train. We also just stopped bringing a WHM.

PLD/WAR/WAR/WAR/BRD/COR. All roads lead to Naegling, lads.

It def wasn't up, I was watching for the animation and damage. I verified it was up initially, then triggered the pet ability, and watched again, no animation, no damage, and no stun from spikes. It does seem to reduce frequency of stunga though.

I imagine it is something related to the length of the fights. I'm doing it solo on VD with trusts to test, so he is alive for a lot longer than he would be with your party configuration. I have seen him open with it, I've also seen him do it right after I provoke (several times), but the frequency of it is less when his spikes are down, that is for sure.

I wonder if it is related to either large spikes in emnity from his current target (which would correlate to the hate reset) or if he reaches a certain amount of damage delivered, which would explain why it is reduced when spikes are down.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-11 16:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested PUP's disruptor or regulator? If they both work then that could be a good way to keep him dispelled.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 16:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine it is something related to the length of the fights

It is not. We accidentally entered the fight with the wrong job comp, so we decided to deathwarp. A few of us ran in to aggro, and after it used Lightning Armor, the second Blood Pact was Stunga. Nobody acted on Ramuh and it was less than 45 seconds into the fight.
By iamaman 2021-08-11 16:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine it is something related to the length of the fights

It is not. We accidentally entered the fight with the wrong job comp, so we decided to deathwarp. A few of us ran in to aggro, and after it used Lightning Armor, the second Blood Pact was Stunga. Nobody acted on Ramuh and it was less than 45 seconds into the fight.

Yea, I've seen him open with it several times also.

I'll experiment with it more later and see. I'm confident the spikes were down, though, and I was still seeing him stunga.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-08-11 16:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Emba said: »
Is there a Geomancy penalty in this one like many of the other newly implemented V1's?
Complete immunity to geomancy debuffs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-08-11 17:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

limited testing but it seems like the amount of buffs on the target effects Bolt strike damage
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2021-08-11 17:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Been soloing on Warrior on easy and the summoner has low HP but some sort of damage resist, Tommahawk cancels it though, did 634 Full Break > 5440 Upheaval > 740 Fusion to kill, didn't have time to summon Alex or Odin
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-08-11 18:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Is there a Geomancy penalty in this one like many of the other newly implemented V1's?
Complete immunity to geomancy debuffs.

Thanks Pap! Sucks to be a GEO this month :(
By Shichishito 2021-08-11 18:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

first time i've heard that, could you tell your source or if you did reliable testing cause i'm pretty sure me noob midcasts those in macc set.

Thanks Pap! always Sucks to be a GEO this month :(
fixed it for ya.
[+]
By iamaman 2021-08-11 18:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So I tried again on both VD and E, E because solo with no buffs, he's hard to hit esp with my equipsets not having been updated for BST in a while.

On both, he stunga-d us after he was dispelled at least once. On E he recast spikes three times, each time I dispelled, and each time he used Stunga least once after.

I did try to land a stun, but predatory glare kept missing or having no effect. Part of me wonders if the stun effect of Shield Bash is procing him and preventing him from using it. Is the stun effect of Shield Bash landing?

I'm not sure it matters much either way, when I fought him for 8 min solo on BST, I don't think he used it more than 3-4 times. There were others he only used it once or twice.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 18:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
first time i've heard that, could you tell your source or if you did reliable testing cause i'm pretty sure me noob midcasts those in macc set.
If you're familiar with monster dispels, you may have noticed that Dispel effects that do no damage like Reprobation have a chance to resist with enough magic evasion, while Dispel effects tied to abilities that deal damage like Velkkan Pygmachia or Ill Wind will always cause Dispels if the attack lands. Same case with BLU's spells. The buff absorption effect is tied to the damage of Osmosis as well as the dispel effect from Droning Whirlwind, so they'll always land. There are rare exceptions to this like Horrid Roar which does no damage, but will always land.

I don't know if this is enough to satisfy you, but here's Osmosis stealing Shock Spikes while completely naked on VD.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 18:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There are rare exceptions to this like Horrid Roar which does no damage, but will always land.

This may not always be the case. I just resisted Horrid Roar Last night from Lotanu in Sheol C. Gave the "Resists" message, and I was in a normal TP set on SAM. Though those monsters could be different, since Lotanu only dispels one buff with his version of Horrid Roar.

Does the same thing apply to Voracious Trunk, or is it specific to dispel moves that deal damage?
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-08-11 18:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the stun effect of Shield Bash landing?
No, the stun never landed, I would always run in, he would put up Shock Spikes, I would Shield Bash, and he would always auto me right away. Never see the "Bozzetto Ramuh is no longer stunned." message in my chatlog either, he just goes about his business, shock spikes-less.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-08-11 18:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the same thing apply to Voracious Trunk, or is it specific to dispel moves that deal damage?
Voracious Trunk resisted in my single attempt.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2021-08-11 18:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It might just have to do with how fast he dies, as you mentioned before. Usually it only takes 1 volley of Savage Blades to get him into his "conduit" range, and he dies while he is still spamming Bolt Strike.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10