Mastery Rank Data

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
9348 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129
 Bahamut.Perigueux
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
User: Perigueux
Posts: 33
By Bahamut.Perigueux 2026-09-29 11:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Posting this here as a reference for Fit for a Prince, since both the JP and EN wikis have incomplete/incorrect information.

I can confirm from my logs that the quest produces a fixed but randomized sequence of exactly 16 results that loops indefinitely, with repeats possible. It does not use fixed global sets based on your race/face. It also does not reset on Conquest Tally or Version Updates. If the variation you want isn’t in your initial 16-result roll, you will never get it on that character.

I have a few hundred logs of Fit for a Prince options while trying to get Taru 2A (bluish-black). At first I thought the quest was bugged because, across different face types, it only ever rolled one hairstyle variant (A or B, but never the other).

The only other source I could find was this unresolved JP post from April 2026, which reports the same issue with a much smaller sample: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/64038-クエスト

I eventually found this 2021 post by Avereith in the Mastery Rank thread documenting a 16-option loop, speculating that it might reset on Conquest Tally. I can confirm that it does not:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55467/mastery-rank-data/27/#3570132

I share many, but not all, of their 16 results. In my logs there is also a 2025 yell for Mithra 2B (short silver), but Halver only ever gives me 2A (short white). Here’s the kicker: Halver gave me Mithra 2A twice in the same 16-result rotation, in slots 7 and 15, before restarting the loop.

In the edit history of oldwiki in August 2026 (now deleted), someone mentions:

Quote:
Trying for days, I have seen Mithra 8A being requested over and over, and 8B not a single time… I’ve also never seen Mithra 7A… I was thinking that maybe this changes with conquest tally or maintenance, but so far, it did not.

I too have only ever gotten 8A (headband, brown) and never 8B (headband, blonde), but if I grep for Mithra 7A (blonde), while I never received it, my mule did in 2024.

So, you get a fixed but randomized 16-result sequence, with repeats possible, and that’s it forever. If the variation you want isn’t somewhere in that sequence, you’ll never get it on that character.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darwinion
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
User: DBrown67
Posts: 67
By Phoenix.Darwinion 2026-09-29 15:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
OK sorry for a n00by question, but how are you guys generating a text list of stuffs done, like in the post above from Zidian?
Would be great to make a comparison.

I can get the UI of checklist visible, but cannot access any tabs as my mouse isn't working in game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Balthor
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 41
By Quetzalcoatl.Balthor 2026-09-29 16:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Highlight the first category: "Main"
They type in game: //xic copy
That puts it in your Clip Board for you to "Ctrl+V" into a post here, or if for your own knowledge, into a Notepad file.
[+]
 Cerberus.Igluni
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
User: rocuenca7
By Cerberus.Igluni 2026-09-29 17:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
piggybacking to ask another XIChecklist question. the title for Waking the Beast II ("Ruby Repulser") shows up as not completed for me but I've confirmed in-game that I've beaten the fight - is there just not a title NPC assigned to this one? not a big issue but just curious. also love the addon, thanks for your work!
 Quetzalcoatl.Balthor
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 41
By Quetzalcoatl.Balthor 2026-09-29 17:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Igluni said: »
piggybacking to ask another XIChecklist question. the title for Waking the Beast II ("Ruby Repulser") shows up as not completed for me but I've confirmed in-game that I've beaten the fight - is there just not a title NPC assigned to this one? not a big issue but just curious. also love the addon, thanks for your work!

There are two titles. One is given when you give the Faded Ruby back to Carbuncle. The other is given if you don't. Do both and you're good.
 Asura.Dexprozius
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1002
By Asura.Dexprozius 2026-09-29 17:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bahamut.Perigueux said: »
Posting this here as a reference for Fit for a Prince, since both the JP and EN wikis have incomplete/incorrect information.

I can confirm from my logs that the quest produces a fixed but randomized sequence of exactly 16 results that loops indefinitely, with repeats possible. It does not use fixed global sets based on your race/face. It also does not reset on Conquest Tally or Version Updates. If the variation you want isn’t in your initial 16-result roll, you will never get it on that character.

I have a few hundred logs of Fit for a Prince options while trying to get Taru 2A (bluish-black). At first I thought the quest was bugged because, across different face types, it only ever rolled one hairstyle variant (A or B, but never the other).

The only other source I could find was this unresolved JP post from April 2026, which reports the same issue with a much smaller sample: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/64038-クエスト

I eventually found this 2021 post by Avereith in the Mastery Rank thread documenting a 16-option loop, speculating that it might reset on Conquest Tally. I can confirm that it does not:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55467/mastery-rank-data/27/#3570132

I share many, but not all, of their 16 results. In my logs there is also a 2025 yell for Mithra 2B (short silver), but Halver only ever gives me 2A (short white). Here’s the kicker: Halver gave me Mithra 2A twice in the same 16-result rotation, in slots 7 and 15, before restarting the loop.

In the edit history of oldwiki in August 2026 (now deleted), someone mentions:

Quote:
Trying for days, I have seen Mithra 8A being requested over and over, and 8B not a single time… I’ve also never seen Mithra 7A… I was thinking that maybe this changes with conquest tally or maintenance, but so far, it did not.

I too have only ever gotten 8A (headband, brown) and never 8B (headband, blonde), but if I grep for Mithra 7A (blonde), while I never received it, my mule did in 2024.

So, you get a fixed but randomized 16-result sequence, with repeats possible, and that’s it forever. If the variation you want isn’t somewhere in that sequence, you’ll never get it on that character.


Confirmed that the 16 is different per character and locked at that?

So have an alt sit there and test the waters to find their set before changing your race to something they have in their 16
 Bismarck.Sterk
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
User: Llewelyn
Posts: 635
By Bismarck.Sterk 2026-09-29 17:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Or spend a dollar on a fresh character slot. It doesn't take too long to get a new character from nothing to entering the Chateau. It took me about an hour to get a new character in zone. The matching character doesn't need fame or any other pre-reqs to be used as the partner other than be in zone. Once you accept Sandy mission 2-3 they're good to go.
 Bahamut.Perigueux
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
User: Perigueux
Posts: 33
By Bahamut.Perigueux 2026-09-29 17:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Different 16 per POLID character, yes. I didn’t change race on my main to see if it would re-roll if that’s what you’re asking, but each character had a separate set of exactly 16 which would loop indefinitely and not reset (after two years). Avereith for example, rolled the same race/face three times in their set of sixteen. Point being it’s not randomized across all 64 variations as JP/Fandom would suggest, and it never changes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129