The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 238 239 240
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-28 09:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
you can fish on the ledge in omen boss floor, and won't catch anything. definitely a red herring.

There's nothing to it. Someone messaged me a few days after Odyssey and asked if I had fished in any of the ponds. The next runs I tried it on every floor with water. There was nothing to it.
By Shichishito 2020-12-28 22:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

had a mimic pop despite the "fish" option poping up so that one is busted. i still find it strange that fishing only pops at ponds with chests and disappears once you opened them.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-29 00:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what people call spaghetti code
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-29 01:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
By the way, the event is riddled with bugs and translation issues they can't even be bothered to address within one hour's worth of Dev work.

IDK why you can't accept that it's simply a bug. It's been months and the list for chests/coffers/aurum strongboxes for Sheol C has been broken, and the list of NMs is still in Japanese. And every other month they alert us to something wrong with the zone we didn't even realize. Starting with Sheol B Moogle Mastery being broken (they didn't explain how). And they just pushed the Odyssey patch to next month cuz of bugs. Believe them when they tell you Odyssey has issues
By Shichishito 2021-01-01 02:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just encountered a mimic less shoel B run, all chests opened and after clearing the last chest in the water on the last floor the fishing option still poped in the menu. so i guess you guys were right and it is just sloppy code.

kinda disappointed about it as i think fishing is a bit underutilized at the moment and to give it a purpose in heavily time gated content would also cut down the benefits on just setting up a fishbot as most would end up doing in a regular zone.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-01-01 07:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Theoretically they could have left fishing enabled in preparation for fishing up an NM in D....

Though most likely they just forgot to disable it for the zone.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-01-01 10:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For Floor 7 NM pops, with MM15 how many UNM items would it cost to pop it? And separately, how many boxes do the higher tier NM drop? Only ever killed NM on first floor and it's guaranteed 3x singles and 1x Box
By SimonSes 2021-01-01 10:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Worlace said: »
For Floor 7 NM pops, with MM15 how many UNM items would it cost to pop it? And separately, how many boxes do the higher tier NM drop? Only ever killed NM on first floor and it's guaranteed 3x singles and 1x Box

MM have no effect on it. Its based how many times you popped that NM or all NMs (I still not sure which one it is). On floor 7 it starts from like 15 or 23 items? All NMs on all floors in all zones drops 3 singles +1 box.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-01 10:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Answered
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-01-01 11:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the helpful info!
By Taint 2021-01-11 20:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can all the NM adds in B be AoEed down?

I just did Tripix and hit Spinning Attack by mistake
And the adds took full damage. Does this work for all NMs? I can test more tomorrow but this would change my farming strategy for sure.

Edit: Did another run for Science and did 4 other NMs and their adds all took full damage from AoE.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-11 22:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Can all the NM adds in B be AoEed down?

I just did Tripix and hit Spinning Attack by mistake
And the adds took full damage. Does this work for all NMs? I can test more tomorrow but this would change my farming strategy for sure.

Edit: Did another run for Science and did 4 other NMs and their adds all took full damage from AoE.

I posted about this before:

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but if you die to an NM after it pops its adds, the adds depop, but the NM retains whatever Buff it got from using it's 1hr. Had this happen to me a few times on previous NMs but was reminded of it again last night when I fought an NM.

Also, I stumbled on a gimmick (while fumbling for my Reward macro) for dumping adds if you play pet jobs. Couldn't get the ability off, pet dies, and it was the only acting on the adds, so they depop. Of course, Akidu kept his insane defense bonus. You can probably replicate this by having a mule account do the same without anyone else acting on them.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also, the -90% DT effect to secondary targets via AOE does not apply to the popped NM's adds:

[+]
By Taint 2021-01-11 22:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah cool. I looked and couldn’t find it but you tucked it away in a larger post :p
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-11 23:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Players will not be able to call forth alter egos until they have left Sheol: Gaol.
Quote:
Staging Grounds: Alter egos may not be called forth.
... what was the whole point of moogle mastery if you can't use trusts at all? o.O

Your text to link here...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-11 23:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait until we can enter and confirm. I suspect that's a translation issue and they are actually referring to the staging area/recalling trusts for subsequent fights. The staging area is simply where you get ready for the boss, so that kind makes sense. It's the other line that concerns me.

The update notes had other errors, that may not necessarily be correct. If it is, lol
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 00:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

that was my hope too but those are the only 2 mentions of trusts and the only 2 zones mentioned.

On the plus side, at least all the new gear from there looks very meh, especially for my monk, even the boomerang would not be worth losing tp or the ability to swap an ammo for a ws.
January_2021_Version_Update_Changes

also what is up with
Quote:
Equipment prices fluctuate based on the amount of times a given monster has been vanquished on your server.
It could be read one or two ways, price go down when more people beat it (that's bad, everybody will wait until they go down in price, and it will also be harder to get something on low population servers) or the opposite, also bad, making it harder to get the more people get something, which on a popular server might happen quickly...
I just hope that fluctuation is minor,,
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 00:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

translate google

Quote:
The called face disappears from the list and cannot be called again until it exits "Sheol Jer".

Manque said: »
ENG: Trusts called will be removed from the list. Trusts cannot be used again until leaving Sheol Goal.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 00:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like that to be true, and I am not sure where you got that quote from, but "the called face" seems to match more "jobs" rather than trusts, based on this:
Quote:
Jobs previously used by you and your party members will be locked for the remainder of your stay in Sheol: Gaol.
Version Update
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 00:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"Called Face" is what "alter ego" in Japanese translates to in English. If you followed the cutscenes in the game regarding Trusts, it makes perfect sense.

Siren.Codegen said: »
I am not sure where you got that quote from

Japanese version update notes

JPN: 呼び出したフェイスはリストから消滅し、「シェオル ジェール」から退出するまで、再度呼び出すことはできません。
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 00:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just talked to the moogle: "on the bright side, alter egos can be called in combat". mentions they also get sealed after the first battle
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 00:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

first boss was cake to solo on monk
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-01-12 00:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
first boss was cake to solo on monk
which one did you choose?
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 00:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

first in the list, dho-something. The second in the list I killed but it kept doing doom, all my trusts died and when i was warped after the win it didn't let me use a holy water until it was too late, 10 min left in the area but I had lost RR on job change. At least 2/3 is not bad on 1st try

[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 00:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can now buy 2 items, a SMN epitaph blood pact delayII-5, avatar 119 blood pact damage+16 and some ammo with accuracy 10 enmity-3 and pet stats, hesperiidae
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 01:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I was able to buy back more moglophone2s right away, but don't have an option to enter the boss area anymore, so it must be locked to once a day regardless of key item, at least for a solo player.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 01:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sgili is an Umbril (orange) uses Terminal Bloom. AOE doom. Make sure you save Monberaux and your -na healers for him.

Also, you can't recall same trusts in same fight, though you can summon more if some dies. This makes it hard on later fights choosing which ones to use. I thought coming NIN on last one would save me time in case I died, I could Mijin Gakure my weakness, but since my trust list is now so small, i can't do that since i called trusts after i died but before MG. I got unlucky picking this NM.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-12 01:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Items are 2M a pop on Bismarck atm.
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-01-12 01:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder how long its gonna take people to start yelling "All jobs mastered all rema's (Can I have it.)".
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-01-12 01:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed Acuex which was 3rd in the list, then 4th is Dullahan which allows me to buy, Neo Animator and Coiste Bodhar ammo with DA/STP +3

Also... they didn't F-ing mention about not being able to use unity trusts in there!
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 238 239 240