The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 237 238 239
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-21 23:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming NM's to cap out MM in Sheol C with a group, a node didn't appear on floor 2 after the Halo was defeated. Has anybody else encountered that?

PT member thinks the Halo node NM isn't random and predetermined and won't spawn if the NM was previously defeated elsewhere.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-11-22 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Farming NM's to cap out MM in Sheol C with a group, a node didn't appear on floor 2 after the Halo was defeated. Has anybody else encountered that?

PT member thinks the Halo node NM isn't random and predetermined and won't spawn if the NM was previously defeated elsewhere.
never happened to me but are you sure you killed both the halo and all the guards?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-22 21:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »

never happened to me but are you sure you killed both the halo and all the guards?

Yes, happened again today.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-11-23 19:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought SE fixed Evil Weapon's blood aggro bug because I just got aggro in yellow HP in sheol B ><
By SimonSes 2020-11-25 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we sum up whats needed in each Sheol for MM XV?

A:
Each NM: x6
Nostos: ?
Aurum: ?

B:
Each NM: x3
Aurum: 16?

C:
Each NM: x9
By Pantafernando 2020-11-25 13:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometime ago i collected reports in this thread but i still didnt had the time to organize it.

Gonna repost here if you want to work on them

Alert: raw information without any treatment.

Alert2: sorry not giving proper credit to the people who brought those informations.

Alert3: they are paste from the newest to oldest.

Alert4: unfortunelly there is no reference to which sheol is what though its not the impossible to associate them also because the are in a time progression.

Anyway, its a starting point before diving 30+ pages in this thread.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-25 13:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Can we sum up whats needed in each Sheol for MM XV?

A:
Each NM: x6

B:
Each NM: x3
Aurum: 16?

C:
Each NM: x9

A was 16 aurum and C was 1500 nostos for my group. B was also 16 aurum.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-11-26 08:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dridian42 said: »
For Sheol (B) Current Stats from my group and solo adventuring and understanding that this is not a point system.
My observations have concluded that a person can not be locked out from getting MM15. In Sheol(B) I can only guess, at this point, that there is more MM points to collect above 1700 killed Nostos. If you're having issues solo farming for MM from NMs then it's very possible you can still get MM15 from only killing Nostos.

Solo: Farmed Agon Halos and opened chests using izzat. Noticed that I killed 1600 Nostos before getting the 16th Aurum Storngbox and didn't receive a Mastery increase for the Strongbox. Also had another MM increase with 1700 Nostos killed leading to my 8th increase in the set. Perhaps I can get MM15 from just killing Nostos? Perhaps?

No its not like that. You can only get so far doing only one thing. You need to achieve specific thresholds in everything to get MM XV finally.

In Sheol A I have 3126 Nostos, 250 chests, 101 coffers, 30 Aurum and 16 unique NMs killed (only one of them 6 times+). With all that Im only MM XI. If I could get MM points that you get from killing NMs by simply killing enough Nostos or opening enough Aurum, I would probably be XIV or XV with those stats. There is no other way to get last 4 ranks for me than kill the rest of NMs at least 6 times each.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-26 10:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In B, I have 3900 Nostos, 3-6 kills of every NM, 95 chests, and 29 coffers, but I'm only at MM14. If Aurum Strongboxes were not an absolute requirement for 15 in B, I would have gotten it a long time ago.

It's almost certainly a threshold system, but with combined objectives for higher levels. For example, a late B MM level seems to require 1700 Nostos AND 16 Aurum chests (possibly in addition to other requirements), so whichever of the two you hit later gives you the level.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-12-11 22:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if anybody else wants to see Sheol C reporting fixed (nm names, chest counts etc) maybe also comment in https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57581-reporting-of-Sheol-C-chests-coffers-and-NMs-from-moogle-is-untranslated-and-buggy
By Pantafernando 2020-12-25 06:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
(...)the long-awaited addition of the boss area to Odyssey. A variety of tricky fiends are just waiting for you to dare to stop them! Equipment earned from this content can be improved further based on the difficulty level on which you’ve beaten it, so seasoned veterans will experience greater rewards for tackling these difficult battles. I could waz on about the various battle systems for ages, but I’ll leave more details for the digest and version update notes. Be sure to tune in!
By Taint 2020-12-25 07:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds cool!

Incoming RDM solos on VD day one.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-25 17:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade route and adding Very Easy-Very Difficult?
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-25 21:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

that's kinda cool i guess if the base armor is available to all, and the level of augments improves with difficulty.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-26 00:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ambuscade route and adding Very Easy-Very Difficult?

Maybe is just the current system of each higher floor increasing foes lv.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-26 02:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if its something like that.

Most augments i remember are always based on ranking points system.

Thats, eventually you could get the most of a piece even if just spamming the easiest mode.

But what it sounds from dev notes is that you cant reach full potential unless you actually beat the hardest mode (possibly fighting in the last floor).
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-12-26 07:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess from the wording is that it'll be a fixed augment system again, but with capped levels based on the difficulty you finish.

Beat the area in general for the base pieces, then you can augment them to a level that depends on what difficulty you did (like, no augments for easiest, R5 for next level up, R10 for the level above that, etc).
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-12-27 23:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

did a search but couldn't find anything related to it, so in case it hasn't been discovered yet:
if you press enter to open the menu at certain fountain ponds the fishing option pops up. it seems like you can't actually fish despite repositioning a lot and equiping rod + bait, however clicking "fish" (maybe /fish works too) freezes your character for a moment similar to when you click certain objects or NPCs.

the fishing option only seems to pop at ponds that have a chest spawn in the water. i couldn't confirm it yet but i suspect if a chest is in the water and the fishing dialog doesn't appear the chest will turn out to be a mimic.

feel free to play around to confirm/disprove the mimic theory, maybe there is more to fishing in odyssey.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-28 01:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember you can also fish in the Omen boss zone.

I wonder if there is anything special fishing in those places.
By Shichishito 2020-12-28 01:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
You can "fish" in dynamis also with same results, its nothing new. Its been that way forever (sloppy programing).
there must be more to it in odyssey. if it was just sloppy programming then you should be able to fish at every water pool, not just those that have a chest spawned in them. the fishing option also wouldn't disappear once you opened that chest.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-12-28 02:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i only did around 4-5 runs where i paid attention to this so there is definitely the chance that it was just a coincedence but we'll only know for sure with a larger test sample, i'd do more testing myself but it is time gated content.

if you do chest runs anyway then there isn't much to lose.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-28 04:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How do people imagine the upcoming Odyssey update will work?
Will it be a new floor/spawn points added in the 3 currently existing Sheols, or will it be a 4th, new Sheol dedicated to NM fights?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-12-28 04:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill all Fetters/Agon Mobs and NM will spawn.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-28 05:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you can fish on the ledge in omen boss floor, and won't catch anything. definitely a red herring.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-28 09:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Kill all Fetters/Agon Mobs and NM will spawn.

It's almost impossible to kill all fetters in any Odyssey (except maybe C) zone with 6 players and 30 minutes. My guess is each instance will have a boss area floor you can warp to from the portal on the first floor. With A being the easiest and C being the hardest
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63 ... 237 238 239