Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 238 239 240
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-10 22:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Segments look to be their way of forcing people to do Odyssey since they will add gear to it soon. Better save up points now before that congestion wave hits
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2020-11-12 14:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just some observations from Odyssey today to either help with data or confirm already presented data. About to do another run so will hopefully have more. I kept to my normal strat which is basically just clearing the entire first floor then exit.

Sheol A
5 Kill
50 When clearing entire angon
80 NM with unity item
5 Chest with key / 50 Chest with Izzat
7 Coffer with key / 75 Coffer with Izzat
10 Aurum Strongbox with key
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-12 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It helps to mention what zone you did since the number of segments vary per zone/action

Anyways, it's important to note that you get reduced segments when opening with a key vs using izzat. This is probably known and obvious for most, but just pointing it out.* In Sheol C, I got 100 segments from opening a chest with izzat, but only 10 when opening a chest with a key. Can't recall how much I got from coffer, probably 12 (it was insignificant). That basically kills any motivation to farm segments on thief.

NMs on C-1 net 280 segments when popped using a unity material. I should test how much segments give when popped using izzat. If the pattern follows, you should get more segments spending izzat to pop/defeat am NM. I believe it's +20 segments on each floor above C-1, as I recall getting 300 segments for killing Tolba version on C-2 (with unity materials), but I should check this on higher floors

As Papesse mentioned, you get +2 segments for every Nostos you kill above C-1. The increase corresponds with the monster's level on each floor.

*Which got me thinking: you get reduced chance of a coffer/aurum upgrade when using thief keys. You get reduced segments from all chests when using keys vs izzat. I don't have any data to support this, but it would seem logical that the drop rate on boxes/large boxes also might similarly be reduced if you are using keys vs izzat. This would help explain why a lot of thieves have experienced bad drops on aurum strongboxes. It would certainly follow the same pattern of using izzat vs keys.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-13 12:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
NMs on C-1 net 280 segments when popped using a unity material. I should test how much segments give when popped using izzat.

NMs popped with Izzat also give 280 segments in Sheol C-1, so seems like a waste of Izzat. You could just as easily pop 2 chests (200 segments) and kill 3-4 monsters in a much quicker time it takes to kill an NM, with better spoils.
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2020-11-15 15:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheol B
15 from Aurum Strongbox with key
By Lobivopsis 2020-11-16 02:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it just me or has SE ninja patched Odyssey so that Mimics are much more common than previously? Since the last emergency update every run I have done ended when I popped a mimic within the first couple chests. Weird thing was I entered right after the update message showed up in the chat log (it said to log out and relog and the client would update and I was pulled in before I could log)and entered a zone with no mobs, could not summon trusts, could not interest with chests or the conflux and translocator on the first floor. Then got kicked out after about 10 minutes.

Asura.Eiryl said:
Keying boxes (in excess of what it takes to cap MM) should not qualify as fun... Nor should Odyssey in general... Unless earning gil is fun, then you've gone full circle back to being double "wrong".

I must be weird then because I like that there is something to do where I can be an actual THF and sneak around stealing ***. Maybe you think I shouldn't feel that way but it is what it is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-11-16 03:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lobivopsis said: »
I must be weird then because I like that there is something to do where I can be an actual THF and sneak around stealing ***. Maybe you think I shouldn't feel that way but it is what it is.

Well, I might be wrong, but I think the difference here is that you are doing it solo without hacks, which means there is skill, awareness and timing involved in approaching those chests and I admit it's fun.

Now Eiryl is probably doing it with pos hacking, so for him its just a simple point and click, because in case of dying from aggro or mimic, he will simply pos hack his body and reraise. Doing it like that is like playing FPS game on godmode, its getting boring really fast.
 Valefor.Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2020-11-16 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes in B I see more mimics, but then sometimes like a night ago, I saw 0.

In general I have always seen more mimics in A than B, and I haven't gone into C enough to get a feel for it there.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-16 14:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Statistically all statistics are distorted first few days after update, then it just get back to normal soon after.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-16 16:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The risk should have been that high since day one. High risk high reward.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2020-11-16 16:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I am pretty sure when they introduced Sheol C, they increased the amount of mimics you get from keying chests. I also suspect that they ilvl'ed them a bit too for higher floors because it seems more difficult to resist the stun on the higher floors of B and definitely in C. I could be wrong but thats when I first noticed the more mimic trend and maybe they have tweaked a bit more since then.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-16 17:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If they really did increase mimic spawn rate, there is less incentive to key farm Odyssey now. You get crap segments, higher chance of ending your run via mimic death, and especially in Sheol C, most of the bosses resist piercing so slower farms there.

With that being said, using a thief in a segment farming party would give a mix of everything (loot, MM from chests picking, chance at mimic for large boxes), so at least bringing one along in a group isn't a bad idea. At least for those behind in Moogle Mastery, thief can help get those higher coffer/aurum objectives cleared, so still a major help there
By Lobivopsis 2020-11-16 22:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I tried somthing and I might be wrong or not. I have a trade key macro that goes like this:

/item "Skeleton Key" <t> <wait 1>

Yesterday I changed that to <wait 3> and got a full run with no mimics. So I think SE may have changed it so if you spam keys at the chests it increase the chances of a Mimic for some reason. Maybe they are watching now to see who gets mimics and then POS hacks their body.

I'm pretty sure that something changed in Odyssey when they did the emergency update and I got pulled in right then without having a chance to log and update the client because of all the weirdness with not being able to interact with anything. SE is probably aware of shenanigans now and is watching.

SE should change it so if you are killed by a mimic and try to pos hack your corpse it pulls you back.

endxen said: »
My mimic averages for B and C are the same as previous months about every 3-4 chests. For A it use to be every 7-8 chests but now it is every 3-4 as well now. I had 8 mimics in 13 chests yesterday in A, was stupid.

Huh, cause I used to get full runs with zero mimics in B usually with Skeleton keys but now I'm getting them constantly.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-17 00:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think that <wait 3> has any actual effect if the macro ends at that point.

If you recall the macro before that waiting finish, then it will just erase the previous cycle and restart a new one.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-17 00:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lobivopsis said: »
Huh, cause I used to get full runs with zero mimics in B usually with Skeleton keys but now I'm getting them constantly.

I never got a full run without mimic. IIRC, my mimic spawn rate was something between 10~15% per skelleton key used (maybe i should have calculate the spawn rate of mimic/coffer found but that was how i recorded my statistics).

And IIRC also, this rate was in line with other people that collected data. Check in the previous pages for the statistics collected then compare those numbers with yours currently for a more precise data if the mimic spawn rate had changed.

Personally, since forever, complains about changes in drop rate, spawn rate, etc are super common every update so im not convinced anything actually changed.
 Valefor.Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2020-11-18 01:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a rare few runs without a mimic showing up to ruin my day. Cannot recall if there were any chest upgrades in those runs though. Last ones I can recall more easily have had at least 1 mimic ever couple floors, and at least 1 run when I was doing these duo the thf/dnc+smn/blm combo where the entire second or third floor of B was all mimics. Was so incredibly irritated at that.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-18 14:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dridian42 said: »
endxen said:
I can say without a doubt the mimic rate is much higher than before, 6 out of 14 chests tonight in A. Sucks because I'm trying to wrap up the strongboxes.

I'm assuming that your keying chests and coffers to get the Aurum Strongbox. If so, this will take some doing as the rate on a keyed chest to yield a coffer and then a Strongbox will take a lot of time.

Best way that I clean up on Strongboxes is to do an Agon Halo. If you've got Chests:50 and Coffer:50 you'll only need 13 total izzat to open a chest and its coffer then key the Aurum Strongbox.

The Agon Halo, Beastmen and Nostos will yield 12 izzat then kill 5 more Nostos for a total of 13 izzat. Assuming you're doing this on floor 1. This should be relatively easy. I personally do it in roughly 12mins in Sheol (A) and have enough time to take the translocator to floor 3 and do it again. Granting you 2 possible Strongboxes and time to farm the remaining chests. This way your luck with mimics will only be coming from the strongbox and your journey will be done sooner then later.

How dare you fight the actual mobs and not key on naked thf like everyone else.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-18 15:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dridian42 said: »
endxen said:
I can say without a doubt the mimic rate is much higher than before, 6 out of 14 chests tonight in A. Sucks because I'm trying to wrap up the strongboxes.

I'm assuming that your keying chests and coffers to get the Aurum Strongbox. If so, this will take some doing as the rate on a keyed chest to yield a coffer and then a Strongbox will take a lot of time.

Best way that I clean up on Strongboxes is to do an Agon Halo. If you've got Chests:50 and Coffer:50 you'll only need 13 total izzat to open a chest and its coffer then key the Aurum Strongbox.

The Agon Halo, Beastmen and Nostos will yield 12 izzat then kill 5 more Nostos for a total of 13 izzat. Assuming you're doing this on floor 1. This should be relatively easy. I personally do it in roughly 12mins in Sheol (A) and have enough time to take the translocator to floor 3 and do it again. Granting you 2 possible Strongboxes and time to farm the remaining chests. This way your luck with mimics will only be coming from the strongbox and your journey will be done sooner then later.

This is what I do on first floor, then I also try to kill 2 NMs and key several chests if I have time.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-18 17:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because you're keying the chests and coffers. When you open them with Izzat, you have a much higher rate of chest upgrade, which is based on how many of that type you've opened before.

If you have 50+ of each, you get an Aurum 90%+ of the time by opening the lower tiers with izzat.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-18 18:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It is that much of a difference, so I don't know what to tell you. I've got about 70-80 chests opened in C (don't know exact amount because menu is still glitched), and the last 25 or so have all turned into coffers.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-18 18:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Opening them with Izzat doesn't make that big of a difference for me. I open them when I have Izzat but still don't see many coffer/strongbox from this method. I still see more from just "keying the chests and coffers". 250 chests, 54 coffers, 8 strongboxes

I don't want to say you're lying but this is definitely not accurate, as far as how the upgrades work. I have done group Odyssey for a few days and saved a bunch of izzat. Out of 8 chests, all but one upgraded to a coffer. On two occasions we had points for coffer, it upgraded to an aurum once. Even in my solo runs its significantly rarer to not see an upgrade from izzat than it is to see one, vs using keys. So something isn't correct with your comment. It's impossible to not notice the difference

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-11-18 18:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be possible that only chests opened with Izzat give a bonus to rank up rate, or at least key-opened chests give less of a bonus.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-11-20 10:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying what my experience is. I don't do group Odyssey so I don't get 40-56 Izzat like you did for your run. I just don't see many upgrade is all.
I think your sample size is probably just low, even with the 90% upgrade rate with izzat vs the very low rate with keys, you might have just opened few and got the unlucky side of the 90% both times, or you remembered opening some from areas when you didn't have capped chests etc.
For everyone else, me included, the effect is so strong it's almost a guaranteed upgraded, which is actually depressing when I solo and end up spending points on monk just to use them, and upgrade a chest to coffer and then to aurum but then i have no thief to open it.
If you had a similar rate with keys, your ratios of chests to coffers to aurums should be more like 200 aurums to 250 chests and of course it's not (plus mimic rates and other things that don't happen with izzat).
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 238 239 240