Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-11-29 11:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
As someone said Copy and pasting some mobs and changing their skins and adding a few million Hp is all that needs to be done.

Yeah and I can already see people like you saying shits about content made like that.

Sylph.Snk said: »
I've loved FFXI thru-out the years but this drip feed content is pretty depressing. I hadn't even bothered to do the next chapter in that storyline thing mainly because I just can't be bothered.

Im sorry but this doesnt have sense at all. You cant be bothered to finish so little new content, but you cry about no new content. Sounds more like you are tired of ffxi. Just take a break.

How can I word this better. This new content isn't really so new that it's worth doing it in little snippets as it is.

If anything I would compared it real new content to what CoP was like where you had a lot of stuff to do, new zones to explore, and more.

This is just like a set of mini-quests with a little sugar on it. Each part that they've added is painfully very short. As in you can finish it in 30 minutes or less short.

When several chapters of whatever this is about gets released, I'll go back to it but for now this is just boring.

Also one of the decent content things the devs dropped like a hot potato for no reason to me was of course Trial of the Magians. They could have given some thought to those players who worked to build multiple stave sets only to have made them worthless when item level became a thing.

They could have easily made 109/119 weapons thru this content and many players would have been happy to do the work but nope, It's only content for REMAs, and the random cor TP Gun.

*** you for making 8 elemental staves for your SMN!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-29 13:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasnt playing when Omen was released but afaik it was when FFXI situation was still much better and they had more people working on it?
In theory no, it was released past RoV, the staff was as big as it is nowadays (as far as we've been told) and nobody expected new content like Omen, they never announced it, it was quite a bi surprise honestly, nobody was expecting that.

Now if things were any different who knows, we'll never find out. But as far as we can tell from our players' side nope, the staff was the same and should've remained the same from the ending of RoV until now.

Regardless, I don't think it's relevant to know this aspect.
Odyssey could be just as good as Omen if not better, there's a lot of potential.
Wouldn't need much to fix it but they refuse to do it, they don't even acknowledge it.
Do they even know a lot of players are ignoring the content and/or whining about it?
I wonder if it's a matter of them ignoring all of this on purpose or if they don't even have a clue, honestly.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-29 13:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How can I word this better. This new content isn't really so new that it's worth doing it in little snippets as it is.

If anything I would compared it real new content to what CoP was like where you had a lot of stuff to do, new zones to explore, and more.

This is just like a set of mini-quests with a little sugar on it. Each part that they've added is painfully very short. As in you can finish it in 30 minutes or less short.

When several chapters of whatever this is about gets released, I'll go back to it but for now this is just boring.

Quite agree. I'm not even going to touch this new storyline until its enough to hold my attention for more than 45 minute bursts every 6-8weeks. I'm not saying I want to binge it, but I am saying I want a chunk of content that gives continuity and logic to the story building.

I wasnt playing when Omen was released but afaik it was when FFXI situation was still much better and they had more people working on it?

If nothing else, it was designed and implemented with the last great push of content that was Rhapsodies and all endgame-related activities connected to it, so it had that development power behind it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-11-29 14:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey seems like a very good example of content that we as the players are helping to shape by giving feedback. It was released extremely bare-bones, with a "shape your own goals" sandbox playstyle. To contrast, Voidwatch, Abyssea and Delve were likely finished with a larger development team than we now have, which was probably able to give internal feedback about what worked and what didn't work.

Most of the other content we've been given post-Adoulin has been tweaked and added to over time to help finish it, which is both a blessing and a curse. I can imagine if they had players give feedback during Abyssea/Voidwatch we would probably have pointed out the differences in building popsets for Glavoid vs. Carabosse, or needing 1500 HMP that were dropping at ~1/3 chance from the original Kaggen/Pil/Akvan trio when we were only able to generate near a dozen voidstones per week.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-29 16:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not touched the new storyline myself. Don't want to take 15 minutes to clear it all and then I forget it later. Rather do it when they have it completed tbh.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-29 17:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I have not touched the new storyline myself. Don't want to take 15 minutes to clear it all and then I forget it later. Rather do it when they have it completed tbh.
I did the first 2 parts and regretted it.
Wait until at least 2 more parts are released (currently 3 are out) before tryin to start it or you'll be disappointed.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-29 17:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Its dumb. You aren't missing anything with it at the moment.

The minute I heard about "the voracious resurgence" of Byrgid....that was all the resurgence I needed to be turned off.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-29 17:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
I can imagine if they had players give feedback during Abyssea/Voidwatch we would probably have pointed out the differences
The dev team was quite big back then, in comparison, and they were still sorta listening to the official forums.
As a matter of fact I can think of several player feedback that were listened to and implemented in Abyssea.
Triple ??? for bosses instead of single.
Reduced repop of some NMs.
Menu for quick Atma
Menu for last atma set.
They also reduced the number of proccing spells (especially the BLU ones)
Several other small things like this.

Whereas they would've never listed to the things you mentioned because in their eyes those Weapons were never meant to be equal in all paths.
For instance Verethragna and all weapons on that path have Chloris as first step, which is quite annoying.
But then they get Dragua as last step.

Now take Kannagi/Almace and all weapons on that path.
They have Briareus as first step (which is, like, one of the easiest first step, all KIs come from popped NMs), but then they have the bloody Apademak as last step.
Back then Apademak wasn't only quite annoying to farm, but also harder to kill.
Back then if you let him level up too much, you were going to wipe, period.
Most of the other level 90 path NMs weren't really that dangerous or annoying.

So... things weren't perfectly balanced, but they tried to compensate for that with each new step. I doubt they would've listened to player feedback for that specific topic, imho.

As for HMPs, that was a Tanaka move.
Empyrean weapon were supposed to be easier than Mythic/Relics to obtain, but in the end they became a bit too easy to obtain and Tanaka didn't like that, so they tried to re-balance the things by adding a step that was beyond >90% of the player's base possibilities.
On one hand it was like getting kicked in the balls. On the other hand it was... in line with what FFXI was before Abyssea, and honestly not too bad. Level 90 Empyreans were still decent if you ask me, at least the good ones.
But yeah, HMP stage was a really Tanaka-like move.

In recent times I could mention the 10k Beitetsu/Riftborn/Pluton which was really exagerate, especially for people who didn't care for Afterglow.
Then again, as hard as that step is, I feel it doesn't come not even close to how hard the 1500 HMP stage originally was when released.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2020-11-29 20:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
As someone said Copy and pasting some mobs and changing their skins and adding a few million Hp is all that needs to be done.

Yeah and I can already see people like you saying shits about content made like that.

I've loved FFXI thru-out the years but this drip feed content is pretty depressing. I hadn't even bothered to do the next chapter in that storyline thing mainly because I just can't be bothered.

Im sorry but this doesnt have sense at all. You cant be bothered to finish so little new content, but you cry about no new content. Sounds more like you are tired of ffxi. Just take a break.

Also one of the decent content things the devs dropped like a hot potato for no reason to me was of course Trial of the Magians. They could have given some thought to those players who worked to build multiple stave sets only to have made them worthless when item level became a thing.

They could have easily made 109/119 weapons thru this content and many players would have been happy to do the work but nope, It's only content for REMAs, and the random cor TP Gun.

*** you for making 8 elemental staves for your SMN!
I asked one time for a new zones someone called me a simp and threatened me i stared on the screen. For 40 seconds than went reeeeeee
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-29 20:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So they decided to push Odyssey in parts. Its very possible that in boss area you will find what you are looking for

I wouldn't hold my breath. Odyssey has a mini boss area already ever since it was released, most don't know about it (because it's so stupid). It's on the top floor of each wing. Do you want to take a guess what the reward is for killing these bosses? They literally serve no purpose, just more filler garbage. There's too many things about Odyssey overall that DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE. A fourth update to the event likely won't change that.

By the way, the event is riddled with bugs and translation issues they can't even be bothered to address within one hour's worth of Dev work. They came out several months after the event was out to tell everyone Moogle Mastery wasn't working properly (despite any player who did it regularly noticing this very early on and mentioning this in the main thread). Do you really think they are going to finally get it right with this next addition of Odyssey? Players don't need to accept that kind of abusive logic and be told they just need too "wait longer". We can see when something is complete garbage from day one.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-30 00:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Odyssey has a mini boss area already ever since it was released, most don't know about it (because it's so stupid). It's on the top floor of each wing.

Elaborate?
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-11-30 01:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to assume we are taking about the "boss" versions for each family(orc, yagudo, etc.) that surround the top floor circle. These bosses do literally nothing in terms of increasing drops as you get the same rewards as you would from any lower floor that you clear out a circle.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2020-11-30 06:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting this before I forget and lose the numbers with my reinstall, I took note of the player numbers at certain points from the ffxiah database.

Total numbers.

Oct 2018 85,207
Sep 2020 96,689
Nov 2020 98,486
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-30 07:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
Posting this before I forget and lose the numbers with my reinstall, I took note of the player numbers at certain points from the ffxiah database.

Total numbers.

Oct 2018 85,207
Sep 2020 96,689
Nov 2020 98,486

ah this tried and true datapoint
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-12-03 02:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Before you guys starts whining for more a dozens pages, there is nothing on december update but the dev made an apology for not releasing Odyssey 2.0 because ***was bugged and they had to fix it. Maybe in january.

Returning campaign returning.

New alter ego. Maybe a time limited one like Cornelia. The *** taru seems too strong so they are working on nerfing it, it seems.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-03 03:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that they are nerfing things before they even release them now. Who cares that the dumb vanity-project trust is OP? Not like we can keep it forever. This year has been ***. Give us something nice to play with for a bit if you feel so bad about pushing things back.

Also:

Also:
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-03 03:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wonder what their definition of "too strong" is. 20k damage MB? 50k? 10k? It's a freaking ninja/blm
By Draylo 2020-12-03 04:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm excited for it!
By Ruaumoko 2020-12-03 04:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Qutrub for Vol.1... oh heck.

Time for a solid month of tanks running in circles in Ambuscade.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-03 04:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

The Running in circle strat didn't work anymore the second time they added this.
They changed some things compared to the first time and added some small regain to those mobs if I recall.

Had to change a couple of things during the 2nd time they added this, compared to the first.
Nothing major, but still...
I wonder if this time it's gonna be exactely like the second or not.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-03 05:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my more enjoyable memes I just thought up:

By Chimerawizard 2020-12-03 06:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know they got it right on the forum, but on POL:
Quote:
Announcing the November Version Update (12/03/2020)

The next version update is scheduled for Thursday, December 10.

Read on for a list of items to be added in December.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2020-12-03 06:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

The Running in circle strat didn't work anymore the second time they added this.
They changed some things compared to the first time and added some small regain to those mobs if I recall.

Had to change a couple of things during the 2nd time they added this, compared to the first.
Nothing major, but still...
I wonder if this time it's gonna be exactely like the second or not.

Worked fine when I did it last I played, just suck less at letting silence fall on the adds.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-03 06:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time Qutrub were in i was holding them on PLD while a SMN used mewing on them and didn't have an issue on VD.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-03 06:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been two years since last Qutrub, lots of macc power creep... still wouldn't even consider kiting with PUG though, even if the kite openly speedhacks it doesn't usually turn out well.

Mews are the "easier" route
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-03 07:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Last time Qutrub were in i was holding them on PLD while a SMN used mewing on them and didn't have an issue on VD.
Yeah, second time around the strategy was tweaked like that, worked fine.
First time you didn't need the SMN though, they had no regain.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-12-03 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I know they got it right on the forum, but on POL:
Quote:
Announcing the November Version Update (12/03/2020)

The next version update is scheduled for Thursday, December 10.

Read on for a list of items to be added in December.
first odysset and now this, i thought this english community rep was the GOAT. she must be hitting the eggnog early this year.

i also thought they browsed these forums all the time, apparently not enough to realize their mistakes and fix them. sad day
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-03 09:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty quick to notice bait when I see it and I think they are actually trolling by leaving typos for people to find now.

As long as they stop messing up the monthly deeds battlefields being something entirely different, I just shrug off typos as nothing to concern myself with much.
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 424 425 426