Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Things only FFXI Players will understand
Things only FFXI Players will understand
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Mattelot 2019-10-02 14:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe the racism, prejudice or discrimination for most of them rooted from WWII. From what I read over the years, it's because many blamed us for bringing RMT into FFXI and we're the ones who supposedly started stealing mobs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 16:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine happens to be:

"That's not how Treasure Hunter works".

Or

"Make sure to face to the west when using X crystal when crafting."
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-02 16:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is 11 the only game where "increasing drop rate via job trait" is even a thing? other games don't even have "thieves" they have assassins/rogues or the ones with thievery is solely based on theft of items.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-10-02 16:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure thats the case, yeah, other than maybe some single player games where a rogue/thief has a sort of drop rate "luck bonus" (or instead has a higher luck stat then other classes, and luck influences drop rate).
By Mattelot 2019-10-03 06:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Is 11 the only game where "increasing drop rate via job trait" is even a thing? other games don't even have "thieves" they have assassins/rogues or the ones with thievery is solely based on theft of items.

From a passive trait alone, no other MMO I've played has it. Rogues from WoW can unlock treasure chests and junkboxes for loot. It's the closest comparison but I know it isn't exactly the same.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-10-03 08:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I can think of a few games where a character stat increased drop rates, but none of them are MMO's. Ogre Battle, March of the Black Queen for Super NES /Playstation 1 comes to mind. It's an RTS/Tactical RPG hybrid. The combat system has a feature where a random item can drop after you win a battle, and the drop pool includes EVERY item in the game, including class promotion items. Depending on whether you're going the high alignment versus low alignment path on your playthrough some class promotion items might not be available any other way. For example, there is only one NPC town encounter that can give you a "Blood", which transforms a Knight into a Vampire (one of the strongest classes in the game). That event will never trigger on the high alignment path, so if you're trying for the World ending (the "best" out of 11 possible) and none of the enemy units drops a "Blood" you can never promote a Vampire into your army. The stat that affects item drops is the unit leader's "Luck" stat, and it scales from 0-100.

If you've ever played that game you'd know that unit leader luck absolutely works too. There's a very rare item that can drop after battles that summons a merchant NPC who sells stat boosting items at a very hefty cost, but you can buy Luck potions from him to max out a few unit leder's luck stats. Try turning Warren into a Lich and use Luck potions to max him out at 100 and see just how fast your loot piles up after he murders everything.

But yeah, FFXI is the only MMO that actually ties the mechanic to a playable class.
By volkom 2019-10-21 23:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

probably not just an FFXI thing...but this damn feel sure feels like it when about to fight a big nm

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-22 00:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember showing FFXI to a friend, and I went into Ronfaure, engaged a rabbit, then chased it. By the time I actually fought it my friend had walked away :|
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7