Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-10-14 05:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4952/detail.html

Quote:
- Velocity Shot
The duration of this ability will be increased from five minutes to two hours.

wut? ._.
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-14 05:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4952/detail.html

Quote:
- Velocity Shot

wut? ._.

This update has indeed made me finalize the decision of lvling RNG. Holy hell. Yes. Yes.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-14 05:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing I'm a RNG then c.c
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 05:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:

Quote:
- Velocity Shot

wut? ._.

Yeah really whats the point of that exactly? In case you forget to put it back up
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-14 05:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't change much, you could already keep velocity shot up full time if you paid attention to your recast.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-14 05:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Even so, that's that much less you have to worry about on RNG.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-14 05:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
Doesn't change much, you could already keep velocity shot up full time if you paid attention to your recast.

Precisely... So are they going to make it like Composure? Ultra long duration but short recast? What I find most annoying about Velocity Shot is when it's dispelled in Dynamis or something just as you put it up.

Quote:
Unlimited Shot:
Once activated, this ability will remain in effect until you successfully hit your mark.

That's neat, though.

Quote:
Camouflage:
Rangers with this ability in effect will incur less enmity for ranged attacks. There will be a chance that the ability remains in effect even after a ranged attack, depending on your position relative to your target.

Cool story, bro.

Quote:
Less enmity will be incurred the further away you are from the target of your ranged attacks.

That seems to be the way it works anyway, as ranged attacks are generaly weaker. However, that's good all the same.

Quote:
Damage messages displayed after a successful ranged attack will indicate the effectiveness of the attack, allowing for players to better gauge their positioning. Critical hit and missed attack messages will remain unchanged.

That will prove useful for those who aren't running the distance plugin and aren't quite sure they're at "the sweet spot".

Nice to see Ranger getting a tweak either way, even if it is nothing game changing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Alana
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Alana 2009-10-14 05:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeeeee RNG update!!!

wait......update.......?

rly....?
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-14 06:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The devil is in the detail.

Velocity shoot timer is more of a convince thing than anything else. As Wooo said, it can still be dispelled.

The Camouflage buff sounds interesting, but it all depends about the rate Camouflage stays up and where you need to stand etc. But it would be useful when you are about to fire off barrage.

Unlimited shot thing should help reduce the number of rare/ex arrows lost, and be very useful for things like throwing winds at sky gods or ash at DI.

The damage message should remove the sweet spot issues, which is not really a big deal, but a nice thing to get for free.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-14 06:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think of Barrage. Presuming it connects with every hit of your barrage that lands, that might actually be pretty awesome. Sort of how Sharpshot and Barrage usually always go together, if it applies to every hit of barrage I can see Rangers all over Vana'diel adjusting their macros.

And re. The damage message, I think it'll depend on exactly what it says.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 06:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, this is *** hilarious.
Everyone clearly wants other jobs for updates, and out of all of the jobs, SE picks Rng.
Oh man. That's *** epic. lololololol.

"We realize Pup kind of sucks right now, but quit bitching and just play a better job like Rng! Here's moar shiniez!"
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-14 06:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Everyone clearly wants other jobs for updates, and out of all of the jobs, SE picks Rng.
Oh man. That's *** epic. lololololol.

"We realize Pup kind of sucks right now, but quit bitching and just play a better job like Rng! Here's moar shiniez!"

Let's be honest... These updates don't come close to making RNG what it used to be. For the most part they're tweaks on something we've already got or just added convenience.

eg. Unlimited Shot will not increase your damage in anyway, but it will stop you from losing rare and / or valuable ammo. Velocity Shot will not increase your damage but it will stop you having to put it up every five minutes.

I still would love a chainspell for RNGs. Shoot bullets instantly like a minigun. :3

PS. Moral of your post: lolpup.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 06:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just funny how they aren't even appealing to the issues.
Improved weddings...wat.
Improving jobs that everyone loves anyway...wat.

Thought maybe I'd regret leaving, but these updates are making it all the easier.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-10-14 06:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

At least it's not SAM(again).
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-14 06:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I didn't think of Barrage. Presuming it connects with every hit of your barrage that lands, that might actually be pretty awesome. Sort of how Sharpshot and Barrage usually always go together, if it applies to every hit of barrage I can see Rangers all over Vana'diel adjusting their macros.

Barrage is shown as a single message in the log, so I would assume that camouflage's new enmity down would effect the entire barrage, no matter how many hits landed or if camouflage remains up afterwards.

Baelorn said:
Haseyo said:

The ranged attack messages may also affect other ranged users (COR, THF, SAM etc), so maybe it is a backhanded ninja SAM buff.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-10-14 06:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
It's just funny how they aren't even appealing to the issues

Someone posted on BG that it's like they have their updates on auto-pilot now. Throw in some minor story content, meaningless job adjustments, a little MMM garbage and voila! You're done for 3-4 months.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-14 06:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Someone posted on BG that it's like they have their updates on auto-pilot now. Throw in some minor story content, meaningless job adjustments, a little MMM garbage and voila! You're done for 3-4 months.

I'd personally prefer they sooner do this than nothing at all, however. At least it makes me think they still give a damn for FF11.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 06:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they forgot all about Smn Avatars. Didn't they promise them in the next few updates like first thing this year? Running out of months.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-14 06:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Haseyo said:

User submitted image

I wouldn't mind cutting the 50% increase in ninjutsu recast.
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-10-14 06:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
I wonder if they forgot all about Smn Avatars. Didn't they promise them in the next few updates like first thing this year? Running out of months.

the description does say they are updating smn, so maybe it is new avatars?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-10-14 06:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

Funny I could have sworn (at least with me) Sharpshot + Barrage = R. Acc-2384820948209 I consistently miss more hits when I have SS active with Barrage.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-14 06:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Funny I could have sworn (at least with me) Sharpshot + Barrage - R. Acc-2384820948209 I consistently miss more hits when I have SS active with Barrage.

Seems to work that way for me sometimes, but it doesn't stop me using them together. :p
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-10-14 07:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Velocity shot - Would rather same duration lower recast (something like Hasso)
Unlimited shot - Good
Enmity - meh

Actually quite boring as far as an update goes
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-10-14 07:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The update for the distance is like that:

The ranged attack hits the Colibri for 200 points of damage. (notice the "." at the end) this means you're not really close to the sweet spot.

The ranged attack hits the Colibri for 200 points of damage! (notice the "!" at the end) you're close to the sweet spot.

The ranged attack hits the Colibri for 200 points of damage!!! (notice the "!!!" at the end) you're at the sweet spot!

Kind of a hot-and-cold game
 Ragnarok.Zakules
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zakules
By Ragnarok.Zakules 2009-10-14 07:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay for rng freebies, although not much of an upgrade like others said, but still good. =)
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-10-14 08:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Being the RNG was my first 75 ... and having Leveled it back in the day or "Arrow Burns"

- Unlimited Shot
Once activated, this ability will remain in effect until you successfully hit your mark.

Now after years later... they do this.
At least I wont waste my winds anymore in Sky... and people can hold onto those Ash for DI

- Detailed damage messages for ranged attacks
Damage messages displayed after a successful ranged attack will indicate the effectiveness of the attack, allowing for players to better gauge their positioning. Critical hit and missed attack messages will remain unchanged.

Is this REALLY needed? it seems like its just going to create a legion of lazy rangers. I have NO problem finding the "sweet spot" to stand at for R.Att...

But the ONE that gets me is...

- Camouflage
Rangers with this ability in effect will incur less enmity for ranged attacks. There will be a chance that the ability remains in effect even after a ranged attack, depending on your position relative to your target.

Am i reading this right? So INSTEAD of it being the worst, most ridiculous "Invis Effect" in the game...
Its ALSO going to reduce Emnity for R.Att while its active???

If so... am I the ONLY one who had a quick passing thought of "Hmmm... might actually merit that now"
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-10-14 08:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Kuz said:
- Camouflage
Am i reading this right? So INSTEAD of it being the worst, most ridiculous "Invis Effect" in the game...

If so... am I the ONLY one who had a quick passing thought of "Hmmm... might actually merit that now"

Depends how broken it is and if it's just ranged attacks or weapon skills too.

I get kinda tired of hitting every single macro for all the abilities just to use sidewinder D:

Sharpshot - unlimited shot - stealth shot - flashy shot - fire~!

you forgot the /dance for good luck
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-10-14 09:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Kuz said:
- Camouflage

Depends how broken it is and if it's just ranged attacks or weapon skills too.

I get kinda tired of hitting every single macro for all the abilities just to use sidewinder D:

Sharpshot - unlimited shot - stealth shot - flashy shot - fire~!

Question: Unlimited Shot in your Sidewinder Macro?
First Page 2 3