users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
Ambuscade Vol.1 April 2019
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By Nariont 2019-04-08 08:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
it's fine having DDs tank if they have a proper DT set

and thats often the problem, DDs will ride zerk/lr with no DT/defensive ability up when they grab hate and drop like a rock then complain that they didnt get healed, its especially fun to watch in d-sandy
By eliroo 2019-04-08 08:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Whenever you cast a spell there is a 3 second period afterwards that you can't do anything, not casting a spell, not swing a weapon, not use a WS or JA. This means a WHM can easily miss the "use barspell now" window by just casting cure or doing something sensible like removing the defense down / HP down effect from the tank.

Thanks for explaining the game mechanics to me, never knew that wow. /s

Believe it or not you can have both the GEO and WHM aim to get the barspells!! amazing. And the WHM isn't casting a lot in this fight. If you use a RDM then power to you. Hopefully the rdm is meleeing while they are babysitting because I think that would be super efficient and optimal for this fight.

BRD's melee damage is pitiful compared to everyone else's, it's nice but not necessary and they are the next on the list for additional duties that need to be assigned.

You really go out of your way to make yourself look stupid sometimes. What is pitiful to you? I'm able to pull about 55-60% of a REMA DD's DPS in this fight and I'm only using a Kaja knife and missing a couple of important DPS pieces. BRD can also easily take out a single add with one skillchain. I've also been multi-boxing and trying to get silences off with the healer and sometimes even playing the GEO. I imagine if I was full time playing and used an AG Carn or a Aeneas I'd be closer to 80%. With all the amazing melee gear SE has given BRD lately the BRD dps culture should spread a bit more.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-08 08:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
it's fine having DDs tank if they have a proper DT set

and thats often the problem, DDs will ride zerk/lr with no DT/defensive ability up when they grab hate and drop like a rock then complain that they didnt get healed, its especially fun to watch in d-sandy
I don't get why they complain, though.

I often suicide (when it's not a vital situation mostly) but it wouldn't come to me to be mad at the healer since that's entirely my fault.

I used to not heal or buff those people at all back in the 75 days.
By Nariont 2019-04-08 08:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

muh deeps man, muh deeps. though i do feel bad for DW jobs when it comes to counter, may as well be dread spikes for them
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-04-08 11:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

im to lazy to be lazy
Who has a react file ready for this?
By Aerison 2019-04-08 12:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-08 12:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
im to lazy to be lazy
It’s literally on the first page of this thread.
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-08 12:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Whenever you cast a spell there is a 3 second period afterwards that you can't do anything, not casting a spell, not swing a weapon, not use a WS or JA. This means a WHM can easily miss the "use barspell now" window by just casting cure or doing something sensible like removing the defense down / HP down effect from the tank.

Believe it or not you can have both the GEO and WHM aim to get the barspells!! amazing. And the WHM isn't casting a lot in this fight. If you use a RDM then power to you. Hopefully the rdm is meleeing while they are babysitting because I think that would be super efficient and optimal for this fight.

BRD's melee damage is pitiful compared to everyone else's, it's nice but not necessary and they are the next on the list for additional duties that need to be assigned.

You really go out of your way to make yourself look stupid sometimes. What is pitiful to you? I'm able to pull about 55-60% of a REMA DD's DPS in this fight and I'm only using a Kaja knife and missing a couple of important DPS pieces. BRD can also easily take out a single add with one skillchain. I've also been multi-boxing and trying to get silences off with the healer and sometimes even playing the GEO. I imagine if I was full time playing and used an AG Carn or a Aeneas I'd be closer to 80%. With all the amazing melee gear SE has given BRD lately the BRD dps culture should spread a bit more.

If it's a setup of Tank, GEO, DD, COR, BRD, WHM... yea the BRD should /whm and barspell. The add going after your geo or whm would be annoying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-04-08 12:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cpu said: »
Asura does have a higher % of stupid though

False, if anything it's got far less. Instead the stupid that is present is simply more noticeable due to higher population. On smaller servers there isn't enough of a population to be picky.

Doubtful. Most of the idiots on every other server bail for Asura in hopes to get ***done. Their home servers want nothing to do with them because we all know they're morons so they have no choice really.

Or maybe it's not a matter of being picky, it's a matter of having higher caliber players on smaller servers since word travels faster.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 13:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
eliroo said: »

If it's a setup of Tank, GEO, DD, COR, BRD, WHM... yea the BRD should /whm and barspell. The add going after your geo or whm would be annoying.

But but but muh deeps!!! Screw you guys I'm gonna go complain on the internet.

The most common setup is
DD Run "Tank"
Heavy DD
"DD" COR
GEO
BRD
Healer (WHM or RDM, haven't tested SCH)

In this situation the BRD is doing little damage compared to the other three and in fact damage is secondary to surviving the 1-2 min it takes to kill the main NM. So healer tosses cures and erases, GEO and BRD do barspells and get ready to run. Most fights the house keeper never even arrives. If the GEO is a react not then the BRD could DD and just pray the house keeper doesn't arrive.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 13:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Asura does have a higher % of stupid though

False, if anything it's got far less. Instead the stupid that is present is simply more noticeable due to higher population. On smaller servers there isn't enough of a population to be picky.

Doubtful. Most of the idiots on every other server bail for Asura in hopes to get ***done. Their home servers want nothing to do with them because we all know they're morons so they have no choice really.

Or maybe it's not a matter of being picky, it's a matter of having higher caliber players on smaller servers since word travels faster.

Smaller servers generally have worse group players. The ones that stayed didn't want the competition from a higher population and instead play with five boys. The smaller servers are usually dominated by a single group of arrogant asshats that everyone needs to please or be left out.

Basic economic principles apply, lack of competition creates shift monopolies.
By eliroo 2019-04-08 13:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be annoying if the add is running after the geo? You maybe lose the aura for one second if the GEO moves really far out of the way? The gains from having the bard dealing damage far outweighs the gains of that one tick.

But but but muh deeps!!! Screw you guys I'm gonna go complain on the internet.

The most common setup is
DD Run "Tank"
Heavy DD
"DD" COR
GEO
BRD
Healer (WHM or RDM, haven't tested SCH)

In this situation the BRD is doing little damage compared to the other three and in fact damage is secondary to surviving the 1-2 min it takes to kill the main NM. So healer tosses cures and erases, GEO and BRD do barspells and get ready to run. Most fights the house keeper never even arrives. If the GEO is a react not then the BRD could DD and just pray the house keeper doesn't arrive.

Comaplaining? You are so annoying to talk with sometimes lol. This isn't even about "Muh deeps" this is about efficiency. A BRD/WHM just standing there doing barspells is a hugely wasted slot unless your GEO can sub ninja and does more damage than the brd (Which is possible if the BRD is undergeared).

I'm also looking for what you consider "little damage" any REMA DD would trade their soul for 50% more damage so why wouldn't the bard dealing that amount be a net boon?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-04-08 13:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Competing with what? The days of HNM camping are gone. The only competing anyone is doing right now is who can claim worms faster to get inside Ambuscase first. Or do you mean competing with who can sell their HQs first while undercutting the next?

I can't say Bismarck is dominated by 'a single group of arrogant asshats', and for the most part we're all civil to eachother.

Asura has a better stocked AH with some cheaper stuff, that's it. Judging by the amount of topics, flame-wars, and general animosity, it sounds like you guys have the 'arrogant asshats'.
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-04-08 14:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Competing with what? The days of HNM camping are gone. The only competing anyone is doing right now is who can claim worms faster to get inside Ambuscase first. Or do you mean competing with who can sell their HQs first while undercutting the next?

I can't say Bismarck is dominated by 'a single group of arrogant asshats', and for the most part we're all civil to eachother.

Asura has a better stocked AH with some cheaper stuff, that's it. Judging by the amount of topics, flame-wars, and general animosity, it sounds like you guys have the 'arrogant asshats'.

Asura is da best. Just wish Ambu lines didn't go past 20 pages some days.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-04-08 14:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is da best. Just wish Ambu lines didn't go past 20 pages some days.

Page wait would be shorter if people didn't have idle bards ; )
By soralin 2019-04-08 14:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Any drops you need off mobs that also drop stuff that can be turned into spheres is pretty dominated.

The other night I was trying to do my second RUN quest, and the ??? was in the same zone like 20 bots hung out in, each with a party of 5 trusts.

It was some oldschool besieged event level lag. Took me like 2 minutes just to target the damn ??? and pop it.

Then I had to kite the NM all the way out to a nearby hall (and out of rendering range of all the bots) so I could do the damn fight :(

Theres plenty of spots like this on Asura, it can be quite annoying if you find yourself needing to do a quest in the same spot as the bot hordes. It happens.

Trying to find somewhere to cleave job points in peace by yourself is also pretty damn hard. Nearly every good CP camp is jam packed full of small groups of people botting JP and selling it to 1-2 afk people.

But, as you mentioned, on the flipside AH is fully stocked and even more niche items are in good supply.
By fonewear 2019-04-08 15:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember Asura is bad cause some guy on the internet said so.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-08 15:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Asura is bad because it's actually bad. Internets guy(s) just confirm.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 15:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same group of people trying to encourage people to join their servers and / or stem the tide of people moving to the bigger servers.

The long Ambu lines are the only thing I really wish was better.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-08 15:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The ambu lines are 100% idiot-inflicted. How a person can join an already crowded event with a wait time of upwards of 45 minutes is beyond me. It's not even like NNI entry where people can just spam/force themselves in. Unless you're leaving zone to do something else in the meantime, long wait entries are a colossal waste of time. Just do something else and return when the line dies down (it does)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-08 15:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The ambu lines are 100% idiot-inflicted. How a person can join an already crowded event with a wait time of upwards of 45 minutes is beyond me. It's not even like NNI entry where people can just spam/force themselves in. Unless you're leaving zone to do something else in the meantime, long wait entries are a colossal waste of time. Just do something else and return when the line dies down (it does)

But yet you're still unwilling to even make a thread about it for 100m. <that's interesting>
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-08 15:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pay me, bro
By DaneBlood 2019-04-08 15:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
im to lazy to be lazy
It’s literally on the first page of this thread.

Thank you I was to lazy to look for it.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-08 15:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

There is this magical thing called a /yell filter. And all that *** you see in the chat log goes away.
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-08 16:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

There is this magical thing called a /yell filter. And all that *** you see in the chat log goes away.

This doesn't address the points I brought up.

Theres no way to deal with <Insert random mission or mandatory quest> becoming a huge pain because it coincidentally intersects with hordes of dozens of bots with 5 trusts each mass farming random sphere NMs.

And it happens. A lot.

For those of us who know how to deal with it, its not so bad.

But I imagine newer or returning players would be incredibly annoyed that their progress in missions is getting horribly blocked by random bot crap like that.

I think thats the major annoyance I have on Asura.

Which, I will note, is not that big of a deal, and if thats my biggest gripe it does say that things aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

On the plus side:

My drops sell super fast on AH, and I can easily sell dozens of items in a single day sometimes.

Most stuff is often up for sale and its rare to not find a niche item I need.

Its pretty quick and easy to put together PUGs for content.

No one wants to be the white mage still tho, but thats a problem as old as MMOs in general.

FFXI needs to gain the attention of the Healslut community badly. I say that half as a joke, but kinda half serious.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-04-08 17:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just .....barstone.... and remove the other...***.....hit...it....until it dies........

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/407858316
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-08 17:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

thats 5 seconds too slow man, terrible strat really
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-08 18:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Notice how that tank almost died from stun? Risk. Unnecessary. One more hit/One more counter. Dead. GG. Wasted time. Pass.
By Afania 2019-04-08 18:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

and instead play with five boys. The smaller servers are usually dominated by a single group of

What the hell are you talking about? I can easily name multiple LS that do dyna D in alliances.

It's the same group of people trying to encourage people to join their servers and / or stem the tide of people moving to the bigger servers.

No, nobody cares about that, lol. We are just annoyed at the false info on internet. As well as people complain about ambu queue on forums every 3 days then proceed to bash every other server on the same time. If anything you should be encouraging people to leave Asura to solve the queue problem, not the other way around.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11