Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-07 07:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

yea my shortcuts for barspells are /bs /bw /ba /bf /bb /bt
tf is this alias ***
By geigei 2019-04-07 07:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you give a *** if others use react? if anything they making the fight easier and faster so there's less waiting in line.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-07 07:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Why would you give a *** if others use react? if anything they making the fight easier and faster so there's less waiting in line.

for the e-pride of your e-self. Also, I know some people play on 20yr old machines and literally cant use some addons because of it. So its possible some of the ones complaining fall into that jealous filled category.
By kishr 2019-04-07 09:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

dont want to read through 8 pages of bleh, smn spam is this month.
que is long but w/e go take a jog during que to run your fat *** off for once.

ifrit crush spam smn 1hr. 3smn 1cor 1geo 1tank, win. v1vd 30sec clears after engage.
KI is rancor hp 1 worms, cry me a river if u dont like i said it.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-07 10:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
That's fine, the issue is when you play with them without knowing.

It's not that I take pride in clearing stuff that I'll clear 50 times this month but I kind of enjoy getting *** up if I *** up a mechanic rather than having Jesus rushing in front of me to take the wheel.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-07 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Secondary issue is that if you're asking every random player to use it, or criticizing every missed barspell because so many people do use it, you're making the game much less fun for people who don't enjoy cheating.

Using it isn't a big deal, normalizing it and making it the default is.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-07 12:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the norm. and should be. If you don't want to use it, that's on you. But if you're going to be the bar person, and you aren't. YOU are personally punishing the rest of your party if you *** it up. (and the people waiting in line, and the people you stole that party slot from) Go sit down at the kiddie table and let the adults talk.

It's fine if you want to be stupid on your own behalf, when it doesn't affect anyone else.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-04-07 12:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just barstone, and the WHM stands in and esuna everything. Sub 2min VD clears, no lolbots needed, when you negate the time it takes to buff at start.

Don't make your whm's life hard to do barspells if they aren't super fast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-07 13:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It is the norm. and should be. If you don't want to use it, that's on you. But if you're going to be the bar person, and you aren't. YOU are personally punishing the rest of your party if you *** it up. (and the people waiting in line, and the people you stole that party slot from) Go sit down at the kiddie table and let the adults talk.

It's fine if you want to be stupid on your own behalf, when it doesn't affect anyone else.
It's not the norm, it shouldn't be and I hope it never will be.

It's not vital, it's not needed to win and the argument of "BUT IT WASTE TIME" is garbage because the time "wasted" is marginal.

If you use React for this month's Ambuscade, you are a shitter. It's THAT simple.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-07 16:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
tf is this alias ***

Windower4\addons\shortcuts\data\aliases.xml
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-07 16:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

BTW, react barspeller and bot whm is not a guaranteed win. Found that out last night in a pug the hard way.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-07 16:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to fail spectacularly if you have reacted barspells and you still lose. Sounds like someone wasn't smart enough to run from earthshaker.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-07 16:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There are ways to fail outside of earthshakers and barspells. I'll leave it at that, b/c I don't want to embarrass anybody.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-07 16:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK it sounds like someone needs to be embarrassed tbh
VIP
By Lili 2019-04-07 17:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
There are ways to fail outside of earthshakers and barspells. I'll leave it at that, b/c I don't want to embarrass anybody.

Other ways to fail:

- SAM standing beside tank in front of Breadwinner because lolverwhelm, and eating 2/4k counters. Can't cure those. (this applies to any DD, but SAM is a common offender because Overwhelm).
- DDs ripping hate from tank and not turning back fast enough. Dear DDs, nobody cares that you're winning the parse if we're all dieing, please WS less frequently or TP in DT gear or something, so that you don't take hate outside of resets, thanks.
- DDs not switching to and killing adds fast enough, so they rage, hate reset, and mop the floor with everybody.
- "Hey look what I found behind this column! It's the Housemaker! I'll kill it so it does not come for us!" - RIP.
- WHM prioritizing their own stoneskin instead of erasing HP Down on tank and shits like this (bots do this all the time).

I think that's all honestly, am I missing anything?
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-07 18:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

Other ways to fail:

- SAM standing beside tank in front of Breadwinner because lolverwhelm, and eating 2/4k counters. Can't cure those. (this applies to any DD, but SAM is a common offender because Overwhelm).
- DDs ripping hate from tank and not turning back fast enough. Dear DDs, nobody cares that you're winning the parse if we're all dieing, please WS less frequently or TP in DT gear or something, so that you don't take hate outside of resets, thanks.
- DDs not switching to and killing adds fast enough, so they rage, hate reset, and mop the floor with everybody.
- "Hey look what I found behind this column! It's the Housemaker! I'll kill it so it does not come for us!" - RIP.
- WHM prioritizing their own stoneskin instead of erasing HP Down on tank and shits like this (bots do this all the time).

I think that's all honestly, am I missing anything?
DDs are slow enough that adds pop and everyone just ignores them until they souleater and wipe the party. Afterwards BRD says that they didn’t try to lullaby because they weren’t sure if it could land or not. The first DD says that he was temporarily alt+tabbed and the second one says that they didn’t switch targets because they were waiting for the tank to pick the new target :] I’m on Asura btw.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-07 18:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
stupidity is not monopolized by asura ffs. member gimp/confused/wtf when we made fun of everyone equally?
I member.

Asura does have a higher % of stupid though. Mainly because the people who stay on the other servers tend to do so because they’ve got well established relationships/linkshells which makes them more likely to be experienced players, and/or they’re multiboxers trying to avoid the lines. It’s okay though because there’s plenty of stupid left over to go around.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-07 23:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they move their character or try and perform an action without waiting for it to use a TP move first? Because that has been the only way something like that has caused any kind of problems so far from my experience.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-08 04:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Other ways to fail:

When will SE stop boycotting SAM's damage! That's enough!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 07:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cpu said: »
Asura does have a higher % of stupid though

False, if anything it's got far less. Instead the stupid that is present is simply more noticeable due to higher population. On smaller servers there isn't enough of a population to be picky.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 07:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

The WHM shouldn't be doing barspells anyway in this fight, have either the BRD or the GEO do it as they aren't that busy anyway.
By eliroo 2019-04-08 07:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

The WHM shouldn't be doing barspells anyway in this fight, have either the BRD or the GEO do it as they aren't that busy anyway.

Your BRD should be meleeing and its not like WHM is that busy either.

We've just been having the GEO/WHM do barspells. Fight is quick and easy especially if you nobs stop saying the BRD should do barspells.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2019-04-08 07:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Your BRD should be meleeing and its not like WHM is that busy either.

We've just been having the GEO/WHM do barspells. Fight is quick and easy especially if you nobs stop saying the BRD should do barspells.
Only downside is that the GEO would have to move out of Indi range to run from mom. DPS should still be higher regardless with DD BRD though.
By eliroo 2019-04-08 07:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that is a bit of the downer. Fortunately the boss hardly ever calls mom in. I think our average so far is less than 1 times. This month is a total joke. We don't even silence half the runs and there are 0 problems.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 08:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

have either the BRD or the GEO do it as they aren't that busy anyway.

Whenever you cast a spell there is a 3 second period afterwards that you can't do anything, not casting a spell, not swing a weapon, not use a WS or JA. This means a WHM can easily miss the "use barspell now" window by just casting cure or doing something sensible like removing the defense down / HP down effect from the tank.

The healer should not be casting barspells mid fight, I've seen far too many runs go south due to people thinking that. We don't actually use a WHM for healing and instead prefer a RDM, when the tank pulls the RDM pops Sab and casts all their debuffs quickly then shifts into baby sitting mode. The GEO is normally just sitting there after layout down bubbles, they should be the first ones to do ancillary tasks like barspells. BRD's melee damage is pitiful compared to everyone else's, it's nice but not necessary and they are the next on the list for additional duties that need to be assigned.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-08 08:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Other ways to fail:

I tank this fight with SAM, there is little risk if you have any idea how to play defensively.

The only danger in this fight to any DD is the adds that can spawn if the boss is not silenced. If they don't die within 2-3 weapon skills or a solo skillchain then you will be in a good position to die.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-08 08:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
The only danger in this fight to any DD is the adds that can spawn if the boss is not silenced.

Adds spawn regardless if the boss is silenced, silence just reduces the number of adds. There have been several theories regarding this, one is that the adds are invisible walking around the battle field and silence reduces the range of the call, the other is that the boss gets a roll for each add and silence reduces the chance of it winning that roll. We've had plenty of three ~ four adds on a silenced VD fight, when it happens just lullaby and beat then down quickly.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-08 08:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

Other ways to fail:

I tank this fight with SAM, there is little risk if you have any idea how to play defensively.

The only danger in this fight to any DD is the adds that can spawn if the boss is not silenced. If they don't die within 2-3 weapon skills or a solo skillchain then you will be in a good position to die.
A lot of the time people will not heal a DD the way they'd heal a tank and they perpetuate the "you shouldn't get hate or you die" despite it being false.

From what I've seen, it's fine having DDs tank if they have a proper DT set and the adds are dealt with quickly. Seigan is strong enough to take care of most of what will happen (those sweet *** counters).
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11