FFXI Fan Event 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vienner 2018-12-02 07:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

nashred said: »
Everyone got excited about the fan event and that was it?
Nothing new announced either or am I missing something?

That is a massive bummer.
I was hopping to have something that really pulled me back into the game..

Might be time to quit MMO's, none of the other have done it for me.
I've made that decision earlier this month, currently trying to dust off my steam collection, its been fun.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-02 07:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the most impressive thing about FFXI is that every time everyone gets SO EXCITED just to get let down again. AND IT JUST HAPPENS OVER AND OVER.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-12-02 07:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Honestly, the most impressive thing about FFXI is that every time everyone gets SO EXCITED just to get let down again. AND IT JUST HAPPENS OVER AND OVER.
Did they even say they were going to announce anything? We caused this.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 07:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI players so thirsty
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-02 07:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »

Exactly. We took one little hype response to a question from Yoshi P and laid out these huge plans onto this "fest" event, lol. Nobody linked the two things other than us.
By nashred 2018-12-02 07:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »

No they did not and you are right.

But no event for years and then they do. You have to expect something. No word even on the mobile version.

I would have thought you would at least see something for that. At least screen shot or something.

Why nothing on the mobile version at all. Why not use this event to start hype on that game at least. Makes no sense tat it was not even mentioned unless I am missing something.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 07:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point. One has to assume that ffxi-mobile just either silently died or got stuck in development hell.

No screenshots, no teasers, no "please look forward to it", not even a hint of an update.

It's mobile ffs. It doesn't take 4 years to make a mobile game. and if it does... you are putting way to much cost into it that you're never going to see again.
By nashred 2018-12-02 07:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
At this point. One has to assume that ffxi-mobile just either silently died or got stuck in development hell.

No screenshots, no teasers, no "please look forward to it", not even a hint of an update.

It's mobile ffs. It doesn't take 4 years to make a mobile game. and if it does... you are putting way to much cost into it that you're never going to see again.

Agreed.
Even though I thought it would fail I was still looking forward to trying it and hoping it might be good or it might have come to console at least.
 Sylph.Atigev
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigev 2018-12-02 08:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I think this is the page that drew the most hype, and given how it auto translates does leave some speculation: http://ch.nicovideo.jp/FD-XI/blomaga/ar1697570

That with the Yoshi P interview and the fact we know they are working towards something new (AMA interview from reddit in May)you can see why there was hype from people who love the game.
By Justuas 2018-12-02 08:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Atigev said: »
Honestly I think this is the page that drew the most hype, and given how it auto translates does leave some speculation: http://ch.nicovideo.jp/FD-XI/blomaga/ar1697570

That with the Yoshi P interview and the fact we know they are working towards something new (AMA interview from reddit in May)you can see why there was hype from people who love the game.
Well we know we're getting reforged empy +2 and +3 at some point.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 08:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean..... you think that.... but....

Hard to believe its been an entire year of dienamis divergence. all the "fixes" and adjustments they had to put into to seems to have pushed everything else back

AF3 December 16
Relic3 November 17
Winter 18 ....
Profit
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-02 08:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that a page for an event they did in May? There was a post on Reddit saying they do a fest like this every 6 months. So...did we hype up something they've been doing in Japan twice a year regularly into something more?
 Sylph.Atigev
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigev 2018-12-02 08:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that a page for an event they did in May? There was a post on Reddit saying they do a fest like this every 6 months. So...did we hype up something they've been doing in Japan twice a year regularly into something more?
Yeah I noticed that last night but the date the article was posted was 11/14/2018 and it links directly from the main site page so idk. We will see what the future holds.
By nashred 2018-12-02 08:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I agree.

You know I think the game would initially sell well just because people would want to try it.Probably be profitable.

Tesee and I were kind of looking forward to it because when we crash at night we get on our tablets for a bit. We either game or just read or watch videos.

We have been looking for a game to play with or against each other and thought maybe this would be it.

Plus I rushed through some of the story and it would have been cool to do the story again. Plus I would have tried a different race and city.

I agree so little has been said something is not right.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-02 08:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we even care about FFXI mobile? Last I read it wasn't going to link to our current characters. It will likely MOST OPTIMISTICALLY be a HD-ish exploration of the Middle Lands with entirely new combat. Sounds like it would be neat for old players who don't care to return, but sounds pretty useless for people currently playing the game and involved in it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 08:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we even care about FFXI mobile? Last I read it wasn't going to link to our current characters. It will likely MOST OPTIMISTICALLY be a HD-ish exploration of the Middle Lands with entirely new combat. Sounds like it would be neat for old players who don't care to return, but sounds pretty useless for people currently playing the game and involved in it.

Because it's NEW AND EXCITING AND SHINEY! No, really, I have no *** idea lol. I think it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. But still notable as it does exist as a thing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-02 08:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

even ladyofhonors explanation is hopelessly optimistic for nexon, it's going to be some chinaware garbage that makes record keeper look interesting
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2018-12-02 09:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys not have phones
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2018-12-02 09:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** is this news.

We are our own worst enemies.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-12-02 10:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So all they did was color/paint eachother's faces in Schurzen's High School Gym and play dress up on Tanaka and Sage Sundi?.. I see..

Welp...Sorry to let the Nasomi/Legacy Server Seeking Players Down.. ^_^

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-12-02 10:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
So all they did was color eachother's faces in a High-school Gym and play dress up on Tanaka and Sage Sundi?.. I see..

Sorry to let the Nasomi/Legacy Server Seeking Players Down.. ^_^
No new expansion too like I thought :0.
[+]
By axetofall 2018-12-02 12:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Peeks 2018-12-02 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

waiting.gif
By nyheen 2018-12-02 12:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm guessing no good news other then some random fun event?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-12-02 12:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Welp...Sorry to let the Nasomi/Legacy Server Seeking Players Down.. ^_^

This Is So Sad...

[+]
By volkom 2018-12-02 13:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-12-02 13:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasnt expecting much from this maybe some crap about XI mobile at a push or maybe a switch off date for FFXI but that's at a push again.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-12-02 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have zero expectations of anything actually enhancing my FFXI experience. However, I wouldn't mind a streamlined game leveraging the FFXI world and feel. Kinda similar to how I thought FFXV Pocket Edition was a fun take on the FFXV story/setting (FWIW, I enjoyed regular FFXV too).

Most likely, if this thing ever releases it will be full of mobile garbage mechanics and die a quiet death. But in a better alternate reality, perhaps they port to Switch or develop for multiple platforms and give us a fun way to handle single-player FFXI story, or do some lighter (hopefully much lighter) version of real MMO team play. Rehash the original Middle Lands with new combat, maybe even do some new storyline stuff in that world or move on to cover FFXI expansions.

Wouldn't be COMPLETELY inconsistent with current SE wanting to repurpose a bunch of older FF stuff for Switch. World of Final Fantasy, Crystal Chronicles remaster, FF VII/IX/X-2/XII ports, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 15:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't it be nice if they made things we wanted and would actually be interested in, instead of figuring out the best way possible to get your money.

Let's live in that world instead.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8