Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69
By Seun 2024-01-09 20:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
* Other Omen stuff? I'm not sure whether Ou accessories (not hands) and other Omen boss non-body equipment drop from Trove, but if so that's potentially another ~10+ relatively rare items of use there.

Just hands from Ou, but midboss items do drop.
By Shichishito 2024-01-09 21:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they exclude the accessories but not the hands?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-10 02:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Ou Hands and not accessories? Wow!
So how exactly is a guy without a party/LS meant to get a Regal Necklace?

Might as well get the Lanun Knife and get +7 from that, I guess...

@Capuchin
If you're putting Tartarus Mail in that list, you should put Gyve Body too, same reason.

Also while 99% of the shards/voids are pretty lame, there's a bunch which are still extremely expensive and getting those is nice I suppose.
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
Server: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2024-01-10 04:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also include Volte items, most are still useful.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2024-01-10 04:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

also the bodies from escha zitah drop from trove
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-01-10 04:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »

I would imagine the reasoning was due to Ou’s loot pool rarity, where hands are the “rare” drop but accessories are “common”. IIRC, those were in the original AMAN Trove loot pool when the list was a bit less diluted, at which point they may have thought people would prefer not cluttering the pool with the “common” drops in place of the truly rare stuff that is harder to obtain from the actual event (see also, Omen bodies, Tartarus, etc.)

Not sure I’m convinced that a Regal Ring/Ear as a possible item would be unwelcome, but I guess I can see a reasonable argument based on initial Trove. IMO, still should changed it when they updated the loot tables though.

Asura.Sechs said: »
If you're putting Tartarus Mail in that list, you should put Gyve Body too, same reason.

Yep, good call.

Quote:
Also while 99% of the shards/voids are pretty lame, there's a bunch which are still extremely expensive and getting those is nice I suppose.

Still not worth the majority being utter crap and clogging up the spots where good items could otherwise drop. One way that could have been better would be to just put Beastmen/Kindred medals in the pool. Beastmen for Thud instead of 22 possible shards, and Kindred for LT instead of 22 voids. That way you can get some actual value every time any of those come up, which I’d certainly prefer over an 8/10 chance that if you get a shard, it’s worth peanuts. And if someone really wanted a specific valuable shard/void, maybe even consider the 3 medal trade for it depending on value/availability).

But then again, when they updated Trove they knew exactly what they were doing, and by flooding the loot table that would just make it take longer for people to “finish” the event. Same development M.O. as long grinds for Master Levels, Odyssey, Sortie…
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-01-10 05:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Bangla said: »
Can also include Volte items, most are still useful.

“Most” still being useful is perhaps somewhat debatable, but absolutely should go on the list due to the rarity. Those just slipped my mind.

Zitah T3 bodies I guess too, but only due to rarity since those have basically been cosmetic gear for ages. Fair to include though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-10 05:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

""""Most"""" Volte items still being useful, uhmmm... lol.

Seriously unconvinced about the utility of the Windy set now that Sakpata is out.

Jeuno set was always a bit... strange. Wether we want to judge it useful or not, I think it's more or less in the same position it was when it got released.

Sandy set is uhm, I dunno I guess FC can be nice for some jobs for some slots where there's hardly any option. The refresh is uhm... very niche and mostly outdated.

Then we come to the Basty set, which was incredibly nice but was devalued first by the release of Malignance, for jobs who can use it, and basically remained relevant for BRD only, in some slots (hands, legs, feet) and even there I'd say Legs is the real key piece due to the 9% haste giving you freedom in the other slots.
There's still other niche aspects to this set like Snapshot for jobs who hardly get any option (SAM? THF? lol) but all in all I'd say it's greatly devalued compared to when it was released.

Still, yeah, I suppose worth saying that Volte stuff can also drop. After all if you really need a Volte piece you can't really "farm" it on your own.
Took me almost 2 years of 2 runs per week to see Volte Tights drop, for instance (and my LS buddies all passed to me when they dropped 'cause they all knew how long I had been after them)
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-01-10 05:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
midboss items do drop.

Pretty sure, for whatever reason, Ammurapi Shield is the only omen drop besides bodies and ou hands. Seen a half dozen of them and no others, in an immense amount of orbs.
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2024-01-10 06:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen Nusku Shield as well. I think the most insulting drop is getting any of the three crystals for a Loud Thud. I guess they can still be NPC'd.
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-10 06:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
midboss items do drop.

Pretty sure, for whatever reason, Ammurapi Shield is the only omen drop besides bodies and ou hands. Seen a half dozen of them and no others, in an immense amount of orbs.

Omen loot pool is all bosses including midbosses. Weapons and armor only. Grips and ammo do not count as weapons. Shields do count as weapons.

Look at the drops across the Omen bosses and apply the rules above. Nusku and Adapa shield both drop in Trove.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Shichishito said: »

I would imagine the reasoning was due to Ou’s loot pool rarity, where hands are the “rare” drop but accessories are “common”. ..

You give SE too much credit. Do you know all the best ideas come from the janitor?

What do the items in the loot pool have in common?
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-01-10 08:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen loot pool is all bosses including midbosses. Weapons and armor only.

This makes sense, since most boss/midbosses are accessories. Good catch.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-01-10 08:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen Nusku Shield as well. I think the most insulting drop is getting any of the three crystals for a Loud Thud. I guess they can still be NPC'd.
Nah omen job cards way worse than the crystals. Loud thud giving me 2 random job cards. Cards wouldn't be so damn bad if they gave you like half a stack of a job you on or something silly.
 Shiva.Cerderic
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2024-01-10 09:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this is already confirmed but you can definitely get nothing from 'loud thud' if you already have whatever it would be in your inventory. most of my loud thuds at this point are nothing, with a very occasional pulse weapon.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-10 10:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Nah omen job cards way worse than the crystals. Loud thud giving me 2 random job cards. Cards wouldn't be so damn bad if they gave you like half a stack of a job you on or something silly.
"Heres a single random job card, you now have to do THREE omen runs on that job to get 9 cards to trade it in for another card". Or I can do THREE omen runs on the job I'm gonna trade the card for and have nine cards instead. Thanks.

At the very least, to not make them nearly useless, they should have introduced paragon wild cards for the Macrocosmic Orb event and Trove.
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
By Odin.Bangla 2024-01-10 12:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From my understanding omen job cards do not drop from Loud Thuds. Getting a shitty void or crafted mat is kind of expected, I’m extra offended by the crystals.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-01-10 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

""""Most"""" Volte items still being useful, uhmmm... lol.

Seriously unconvinced about the utility of the Windy set now that Sakpata is out.

Jeuno set was always a bit... strange. Wether we want to judge it useful or not, I think it's more or less in the same position it was when it got released.

Sandy set is uhm, I dunno I guess FC can be nice for some jobs for some slots where there's hardly any option. The refresh is uhm... very niche and mostly outdated.

Then we come to the Basty set

I'm mostly with you, but...

Jeuno set IMO probably retains the most utility today. All jobs TH pieces (with decent Meva and status resist) are pretty nice, even if you can get TH+2 on DM augments. Avoids the need to even bother with Oseem, and even if you do have TH+ Geas Fete gear it's only for a selection of jobs. Could have non-THF cap of TH+4 on every job for only the cost of 3-4 inventory between Volte Jupon (+2), other Jeuno Volte pieces (+1 each), Perfect Lucky Egg (+1), and Chaac Belt (+1).

Bastok legs and feet are both still pretty good, for BRD as you mentioned and also have some use for others (I still TP in Volte Tights on my alt's RDM because Malignance just will not drop for that character).

Sandy is, as you said, pretty niche. All 7 of these caster jobs have better refresh options in every slot if you count DM augments (and several other non-DM pieces with refresh), and mostly have better FC pieces too (though not totally useless, I still use legs for BRD FC). But still, decent options there for people who don't have the BiS choices.

Windy set is junk, and was of limited utility as an idle Regen/Meva set for three jobs even when it was new.

I'm still 100% fine with all the Voltes in the pool though, even if the piece doesn't hold up as "good" today. Given their rarity, it makes sense to have them come from the big random reward thing alongside other stuff that is extremely difficult to farm, like your Tartarus Mails, Gyve Doublet, Escha Zitah super-rare bodies, Omen bodies, Shinryu rare items, etc.
By Seun 2024-01-10 13:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
At the very least, to not make them nearly useless, they should have introduced paragon wild cards for the Macrocosmic Orb event and Trove.

Said it before somewhere, but they should have made it "Trade 10 of ANY job card for 1 card of your choice.".
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-01-10 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Said it before somewhere, but they should have made it "Trade 10 of ANY job card for 1 card of your choice.".
*** that make the cards 1 for 1 trade ***its been out long enough as is now. 10 to 1 of any card still aint worth it.
By Seun 2024-01-10 13:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

*** that make the cards 1 for 1 trade ***its been out long enough as is now. 10 to 1 of any card still aint worth it.

Going on 8 years now, but many of the pieces are still useful. I think they wanted to keep it relevant beyond just farming astrals.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2024-01-10 13:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Going on 8 years now, but many of the pieces are still useful. I think they wanted to keep it relevant beyond just farming astrals.
I agree alot of the pieces are still useful you didn't need to add astral to make it farmable for cards. Most people would rather go without the item and wait for card campaign its been 10-1 for way to long at this point and now it's in trove I settle for 5 to 1 at this point. Or maybe they could change the ki again to make more stack but then it would *** with the astral market.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-01-10 18:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, they want to keep people doing Omen BECAUSE it generates more astral supply from people who go there without that being their only purpose. 10:1 is still a silly rate, but if you look at it from the perspective of squeezing what they can out of existing content, I kinda get it.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2024-01-11 01:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a Venus Orb where only 8 of the 10 chests spawned (the first two on the left in the back row did not spawn). I opened 7 chests and the last remaining chest did not turn into a gold or rainbow chest. Figuring it was probably a mimic, I just hit the terminal coffer.

Has anyone experienced this?
By SimonSes 2024-01-11 01:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »
I just did a Venus Orb where only 8 of the 10 chests spawned (the first two on the left in the back row did not spawn). I opened 7 chests and the last remaining chest did not turn into a gold or rainbow chest. Figuring it was probably a mimic, I just hit the terminal coffer.

Have you tried simply walk away 50 yalms away and come back to let the game reload those chests?
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-11 02:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Have you tried simply walk away 50 yalms away and come back to let the game reload those chests?

Also, which zone?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-11 04:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »

Yes it happened to me
It's a client problem. If it happens again to you walk 100+ yalms away from the chests and when you're back you'll find all the chests
By Seun 2024-01-11 05:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it happened to me
It's a client problem. If it happens again to you walk 100+ yalms away from the chests and when you're back you'll find all the chests

Does it happen everywhere or on a specific battlefield?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2024-01-11 05:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue. To me it happened a couple of times in palboirough. I mean waughroon shrine.
By Seun 2024-01-11 06:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Try running Horlais Peak instead. There is a bit of a run up the hill, but that usually gives the chests time to load in.
By waffle 2024-01-11 08:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did three runs in waughroon yesterday and experienced the same thing. I just ran back to the entrance each time to reload the chests. Actually, the third time, I ran back and some chests that previously loaded failed to load, so I ran back a second time.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69