Forum » FFXI » General » the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
the A.M.A.N. Trove BC
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69
By Seun 2024-01-29 13:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Seun said: »
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Ive seen mail/helm sell for 100, seen shouts for 150 as well... But as a rational player I don't understand why anyone would pay that price tag for such a niche piece / lockstyle piece? Frankly it should only be worth 50 or less Strictly due its rarity, but expect more from shouts due to greed.

Consider:
A) 150M or 200hrs running Shinryu (reduced by your luck)?

B) 150M or buying orbs at 2-3M a pop until you get lucky?

I did consider it... and its Still a useless piece with an exorbitant price tag STRICTLY due to its rarity. That doesn't change my opinion.
The useful pieces from Shinryu are both Rare as *** And useful, so they warrant the super high price. The non-useful ones warrant a high price due to rarity, but not the pricetag similar to the useful ones. Sorry, can't change my mind on that. Although if you happen to be lucky enough to find one in your pool and actually find a 150m buyer for mail or helm, congrats. A sucker is born every day I suppose

The intent wasn't to change your opinion. Rare items are typically priced around the effort required to obtain the items normally. 150M is earned in less(time) than it would take you to farm the item from Shinryu so it's actually a fair deal. Doesn't really matter what we think about the item, only the buyer.
By K123 2024-01-29 13:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm increasingly convinced most people that still play FFXI buy *** tons of gil anyway so 150M is nothing compared to farming items.

I've seen Dagon sell for 40M when I'm 0/300 or so. I could make 40m much quicker than 300*20mins run (100 hours). Ironically I make most of my money selling Utu Grips too though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-29 14:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think homie outed himself as a broke boi.
By Shichishito 2024-01-29 14:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
I'm increasingly convinced most people that still play FFXI buy *** tons of gil anyway
Ironically I make most of my money selling Utu Grips too though.
If you nest yourself in the toilet it's not surprising everything around you starts looking like ***.
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-29 14:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Chaff?

By K123 2024-01-29 15:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cus I don't buy gil? k
[+]
By K123 2024-01-29 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
I'm increasingly convinced most people that still play FFXI buy *** tons of gil anyway
Ironically I make most of my money selling Utu Grips too though.
If you nest yourself in the toilet it's not surprising everything around you starts looking like ***.
What's wrong with selling omen drops? How else am I supposed to make money if not a gilbuyer?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-29 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How else am I supposed to make money if not a gilbuyer?
Lots of us have methods of making gil that dont involve RMT or mercing.

But of course, thats all Asura broke bois know: rmt and merc.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-29 15:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

How else am I supposed to make money if not a gilbuyer?
Lots of us have methods of making gil that dont involve RMT or mercing.

But of course, thats all Asura broke bois know: rmt and merc.
To make significant gil legitimately? There are no ways other than mercing or botting.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-29 16:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By K123 2024-01-29 16:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

By botting I am including afk crafting.
By Seun 2024-01-29 16:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

To make significant gil legitimately? There are no ways other than mercing or botting.

Excluding bot for obvious reasons, but merc is mostly the same as the legit ways. You farm content and collect items, materials or currency for people who didn't want to do it for themselves.
By K123 2024-01-29 16:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »

Excluding bot for obvious reasons, but merc is mostly the same as the legit ways. You farm content and collect items, materials or currency for people who didn't want to do it for themselves.
Yeah but the effort:gil ratio is lower farming anything than mercing afaik.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-29 16:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

itt: buying alex, rema stones, currency, HMP, anything off the AH that can be farmed is mercing.
By Nariont 2024-01-29 16:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

To make significant gil legitimately?

Depends on what you consider significant, mercing can have the highest time:reward ratio, if its something highly sought after that you can get to drop on the regular, but its reliant on drop rates more often than not. There's plenty of steady income to be made, especially if you got 2 chars to get you into areas, as thos tends to have inflated prices for that reason, then theres just basic crafting, its not all locked behind a shield
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-29 16:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Prime Weapons introduced that for a vast majority of players freeze their development of new jobs, because that means slowing down their Prime Weapon Progress. No high end purchasable armor since Su3 gear released (in terms of AH-able gear).

I had zero hesitation about paying a shout 150m for a Crep Cloak, because honestly...I'm not spending gil on anything else except food any more. Not making new jobs, no new gear to get for my existing ones, so its either that or be one of those guys who brags about their 1bil Mog Garden.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-29 16:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

itt: buying alex, rema stones, currency, HMP, anything off the AH that can be farmed is mercing.
I think you've confused yourself, because I have no idea what you're saying.
By Taint 2024-01-29 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Prime Weapons introduced that for a vast majority of players freeze their development of new jobs, because that means slowing down their Prime Weapon Progress. No high end purchasable armor since Su3 gear released (in terms of AH-able gear).

I had zero hesitation about paying a shout 150m for a Crep Cloak, because honestly...I'm not spending gil on anything else except food any more. Not making new jobs, no new gear to get for my existing ones, so its either that or be one of those guys who brags about their 1bil Mog Garden.

Cloak is worth 150mil. Its the Mail and Helm that questionable. But yes very little to spend gil on now.

I've gotten some sweet trove deals just by zoning to the place it dropped and actually being there on time to lot.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-01-29 19:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows the big legit gils are in the arrow industry.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-29 20:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe its called SE capping moving gil from a mule to your main at 1mil^^ At least for some of us ;)
By Felgarr 2024-01-29 20:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Everyone knows the big legit gils are in the arrow industry.

I love references to items that are no longer obtainable, rofl.

Yeah, Troves is great. It's a shame that Shinryu HTBF doesn't actually have a proc'ing system to make it actually feel like we're playing a game, instead of a stupid grind-fest.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-01-30 09:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They can still be traded no?
He's trading multiple times to the same person so it looks a little less sus, could be a regular though.

Either way, if you don't want to get cought with your pants down just buy the item that you want and send it to your mule. If you want to transfer gil buy fast selling high priced items and send those.
Or simply flush after you took a dump.
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69