Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2023-08-09 07:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i got one like 2 or 3 months ago
By Rips 2023-08-09 12:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »

...that's new, right? Never seen or heard of anyone getting an amplifier before.

For some reason, amplifiers feel like the biggest slap in the face.

I think they were added when Crep and Lilith pieces were added.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-09 13:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wellllll I'd say paragon cards are a bigger slap in the face. You could sell an amplifiier for the price of an orb I'd think.

I suppose those aren't louds though, so

So many blatant face slappings. There's only ~20 items of any value in the loud pool.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-08-09 13:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen scales are still the worst Loud Thud.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-08-09 14:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

idk.. voidtorso: bst is gonna be up there too lol
By Seun 2023-08-09 14:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst reward for LT?

I'd have to split my vote between voids and cursed gear. They AH and vendor but because they take up so much of the loot pool, they destroy your odds of getting something worthwhile. I'm really glad I dumped the vouchers I had on mules before the update last year. Odds of getting something good were much higher before the adjustments.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-08-09 14:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Worst reward for LT?

I'd have to split my vote between voids and cursed gear. They AH and vendor but because they take up so much of the loot pool, they destroy your odds of getting something worthwhile. I'm really glad I dumped the vouchers I had on mules before the update last year. Odds of getting something good were much higher before the adjustments.
exactly: voids take up 5*22 = 110 slots :(
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-08-09 16:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Worst reward for LT?

exactly: voids take up 5*22 = 110 slots :(

Why would SE update troves to include a sudden increase in voids and shards? ...I'll have to put my tin foil hat on and get back to you.
By LightningHelix 2023-08-09 16:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
Omen scales are still the worst Loud Thud.
I agree with this - now that omen scales drop off trash, they are the worst loud thud even if you are a relatively new player. Can't sell on the AH, can't sell for any amount in a shout, not particularly hard to get now (they were more difficult if you were a new returner back when they only dropped off bosses, obviously.)

...but also voidtorso: anything and torsoshard: anything and so on

there really is a lot of junk in the pool :(
By Seun 2023-08-09 16:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Why would SE update troves to include a sudden increase in voids and shards? ...I'll have to put my tin foil hat on and get back to you.

Gambling psychology?

Players are more likely to participate if they think they're winning. SE upped the LT rates so junkies get that rainbow hit and keep coming back despite the lower overall chance of getting something worthwhile.

Loud thud was much more rare before adjustments but because there were a few hundred less junk items, it was more rewarding overall. One of those 'careful what you wish for' moments.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-08-09 18:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if that's the case give me some +2 earrings so I think I'm winning.
By Seun 2023-08-09 18:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't say I didn't warn you....

Introducing the A.M.A.N. Trove Empyrean Earring Campaign!

- While in effect, players will have a chance upon receiving loud thud to obtain <job> earring +2 ??? item as a reward.

Every earring guaranteed to roll perfect minimum rolls. Please look forward to itâ„¢
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-08-09 21:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you proc TH on the chest, higher chance for voidtorsos and NQ cursed
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-08-10 19:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

- While in effect, players will have a chance upon receiving loud thud to obtain <job> earring +2 ??? item as a reward.

Every earring guaranteed to roll perfect minimum rolls. Please look forward to itâ„¢

I mean I personally would love this... Even Min Rolled +2 earrings are awesome and excessively rare. Maybe that's just me. I have 0 expectations of getting a +2 earring for jobs I actually play, let alone more than +16 acc, so I'd settle for table scraps.
By Seun 2023-08-10 20:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »

I mean I personally would love this... Even Min Rolled +2 earrings are awesome and excessively rare. Maybe that's just me. I have 0 expectations of getting a +2 earring for jobs I actually play, let alone more than +16 acc, so I'd settle for table scraps.

If I could adjust earrings:

ML0 = min augs
ML50 = max augs

I would increase the rate of +1 earrings from Old Case, but decrease the rate of +2 earrings from Old Case +1. Yes, I know you hate this idea but it would offset the fact that now when you get a +2 earring, it's forced to a job you don't already have an earring for.

/tinfoilhat
They're saving the earring campaign until the honeymoon from prime weapons starts to wear off...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-08-10 20:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.... still waiting on the SR campaign.......................

Not because anything is of any value. Because it was always a trash system expected to be rescued by double drops or increased rates.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-08-10 21:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At least nowadays there's very few applications for a glass cannon TP set, so those Samnuha's I never got to drop after hundreds of Teodor's on the floor don't matter as much.

To keep it on topic, wouldn't it be nice to have those Ciphers from Deeds drop from Trove instead of Omen Scales? Not to say they should further dilute the bloated pool or anything...
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-08-10 21:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If I could adjust earrings:

ML0 = min augs
ML50 = max augs

I would increase the rate of +1 earrings from Old Case, but decrease the rate of +2 earrings from Old Case +1. Yes, I know you hate this idea but it would offset the fact that now when you get a +2 earring, it's forced to a job you don't already have an earring for.

/tinfoilhat
They're saving the earring campaign until the honeymoon from prime weapons starts to wear off...

1) I like a controlled approach... but dont force people to do ML50. That'll just further increase the bot problem, and make others just quit. It's a miserable grind after 40 that few sane people see a benefit in tackling.

2) I don't mind a decrease in +1 Case drop rate (but still guaranteed from Aminon) granted the augment range is less skewed to low rolls. Too bad SE isn't listening.

3) What honeymoon phase? I'd argue a majority of the playerbase have already given up on the notion of prime weapons, and if they're done getting the Empy+3 they need they've sworn off Sortie by now.

It's not enough that average or less than players will take over a year of daily grind misery that is sortie, in which literally half their time is spent running and not fighting enemies. If you choose to subject yourself to that pain (as an average player), you'll be walled by hard mode Aminon anyway considering most don't even attempt normal mode, either by lack of skill, understanding, or flexibility to operate the mage strategy efficiently.
- Maybe I'm wrong and the "Cheesy" strat being used currently for hard is pets or melee... I'd be shocked but who knows.
By Seun 2023-08-12 02:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1) I like a controlled approach... but dont force people to do ML50. That'll just further increase the bot problem, and make others just quit. It's a miserable grind after 40 that few sane people see a benefit in tackling.

2) I don't mind a decrease in +1 Case drop rate (but still guaranteed from Aminon) granted the augment range is less skewed to low rolls. Too bad SE isn't listening.

3) What honeymoon phase? I'd argue a majority of the playerbase have already given up on the notion of prime weapons, and if they're done getting the Empy+3 they need they've sworn off Sortie by now.

It's not enough that average or less than players will take over a year of daily grind misery that is sortie, in which literally half their time is spent running and not fighting enemies. If you choose to subject yourself to that pain (as an average player), you'll be walled by hard mode Aminon anyway considering most don't even attempt normal mode, either by lack of skill, understanding, or flexibility to operate the mage strategy efficiently.
- Maybe I'm wrong and the "Cheesy" strat being used currently for hard is pets or melee... I'd be shocked but who knows.

1) I think if people were that concerned with their stats, they'd have bot and RMT their ML already anyway. ML and earrings are recent additions and we cleared all content prior without them. There isn't really a case to be made for 'I need this'.

2) I'd put farming a perfect +2 earring for a specific job in the same boat as farming a prime honestly. If you committed to getting it, you might passively earn enough galli for the weapon anyway. neither of these are 'average player' goals.

3) I just meant when it's not new anymore that SE will employ tactics to bring the subscriptions back up. Nothing like a voucher/trove campaign to get people reactivating all their mule accounts.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [151 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2024-01-09 17:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

https://imgur.com/a/HZpelYJ
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-09 17:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. (That's his drop, I'm just phone and it's annoying to quote)

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-09 17:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is now justified in their hatred for you. Congrats :D
[+]
By K123 2024-01-09 17:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

jesus, shame it's not better ones like Dagon+Shamash
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-09 17:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You have the mightiest balls to not only continue after one LT, but 2... must be nice to be rewarded with 300m for your brazenness as opposed to 4 cursed items/voidtorso's
[+]
By jubes 2024-01-09 18:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

belligerent or final rainbow for me too, burned too many times with loud thuds early on that were junk. that one lined up perfectly, usually you lose the belligerent to the final rainbow if you can't find it in time.
By Seun 2024-01-09 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You have the mightiest balls to not only continue after one LT, but 2... must be nice to be rewarded with 300m for your brazenness as opposed to 4 cursed items/voidtorso's

There's only one mimic. You've got great odds until you're getting toward the end anyway. Too much junk in the pools to take one LT and run, especially when BB means you're guaranteed another if you can avoid the mimic.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-09 19:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd kick myself too hard if I got a LT then hit the mimic after... "there goes my crep cloak"
[+]
By Seun 2024-01-09 20:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already had 2 LT maybe, but you could kick yourself just as hard for leaving guaranteed on the board. Again, there's only one mimic. Odds are in your favor all the way to the end.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-01-09 20:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So many blatant face slappings. There's only ~20 items of any value in the loud pool.

While this is a slight exaggeration, it's still basically an accurate point. And yeah, the pool is massively diluted with crap like Voids, cursed items, Escha Ru'aun weapons, Omen scales, junk from the early HTBFs, Vagary items (aside from Tartarus Mail), etc. It's soul-crushing to go on a lucky run of Loud Thuds and walk away with a Voidtorso: BST, Punchinellos, and a Mes'yohi Sword (which was my haul on three straight LTs a couple months back, woo!)

To try to count the good stuff:
(5) Omen bodies
(1) Tartarus Mail (not that it's fantastic any more, but it's at least rare and a fun lockstyle)
(4) Ou hands (I know the 4 hands drop, but not sure about the accessories)
(5) Shinryu HTBF items (the rare ones)
(3) A few of the AMAN-specific drops: Orpheus's Sash, Epam Ring, Sroda Ring
(1) The random 5M gil (or 10M during campaign) bonus from Terminal Coffer, which I guess is close enough to include on this list of "drops"
----
That's 19 things that are pretty clear "good drops", and the items are very rare outside of AMAN.

In addition to those, we're looking at stuff I'd still consider to be very worthwhile, like:
* Pulse weapons, for those who still need any Ambu weapon upgrades (not sure if they all drop, but we're talking like 10-15 weapons); I count these, since there's usually at least someone in my LS who could use one and I can invite them to lot.
* Selbina HTBF items from Lilith (Malignance gear drops), and I think the Odin/Alex/Cait HTBF items are also included? So idk, another 10-15 useful items there?
* Other Omen stuff? I'm not sure whether Ou accessories (not hands) and other Omen boss non-body equipment drop from Trove, but if so that's potentially another ~10+ relatively rare items of use there.

Beyond that, a big ol' pile of garbage.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69