Gay Marriage Ftl?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Gay Marriage ftl?
Gay Marriage ftl?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Kuji
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-07-08 04:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I am straight and dont give a damn but it came across my mind and I laughed out loud

Has anyone ever bitched to SE about not having Gay Marrage?

Some gay folk would do it but I think alota people would just have too much fun with gay Elvs lmao.....

had to share hahah enjoy
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-08 04:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it's no fair mithra can't marry... I want to see some mithra on mithra action!!!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-08 04:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Like someone said in FFXIV boards, (from a suggestion of someone saying Gay Marriage in XIV), I think they should drop marriage services in general.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-07-08 04:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Like someone said in FFXIV boards, (from a suggestion of someone saying Gay Marriage in XIV), I think they should drop marriage services in general.

Homosexual marriage will be a step forward into the right direction.

Honestly, what is the problem with it? O_o
Is not that they oblige you to marry a char from your own sex, you are free to choose.

Freedom is good, restriction isn't.

/cheer
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-07-08 04:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is equality so wrong?

I think they'd make more money if they'd allow it. The minority counts just as much as the majority.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-08 04:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Albender said:
Freedom is good, restriction isn't.

An extreme oversimplification if I ever saw one.
Xenophire said:

I think they'd make more money if they'd allow it. The minority counts just as much as the majority.

Do you really think people decide to not play this game because of marraige? And the minority has always counted but it'd just be silly to assume it counted as much as the majority. A minority of people think sex with 12 years olds is ok or even much younger...*cough lud* do you really think there opinion does or even should count as much? And not everyone is equal get used to it. We are all unique individuals with characteristics that will set us apart in both good and bad ways. If you don't like it get machines to take over the world.
 Asura.Shua
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2009-07-08 04:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
I think they should drop marriage services in general.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-08 04:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We I am a man, I play a mithra. I picked mithra due to the stats mainly.

Now my RL girlfriend is thinking about playing and as he likes cats a lot she would end up rolling a mithra too (or maybe a hume female)

So we couldn't marry in game.

Personally I am pro gay marriage in RL, but understand a lot of people really don't like the concept.

FFXI is serious business, but it is not RL so does it really matter if two people how happen to have same sexy chars (no matter their RL sex) get married?
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-07-08 05:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
We are all unique individuals with characteristics that will set us apart in both good and bad ways.

What exactly is that supposed to mean?
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2009-07-08 05:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes down to SE's decision on the matter i think they went with the road that would give them less resistance. i.e should they have allowed gay MARRIAGE in game they would have seen a lot of boycotts from the Roman Catholics, and other religions with the same beliefs. Whereas by not allowing it, they get a few disgruntled players, but nothing like a boycott, because i doubt gay players would boycott the game all together over something like this, but a religion... definatly would -.- . And when it comes down to it, SE is a company after money like any other.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-07-08 05:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can say to this is....

lolingamemarrige

Isn't it bad enough we waste our time away in a time sink like ffxi, but to take it even further and get OMGINGAMEMARRIED!?!?!?!

Dasva said:
Think it's no fair mithra can't marry... I want to see some mithra on mithra action!!!

.... well I think we know who the furry of this thread is.

Haseyo said:
I couldn't have said it better myself.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-07-08 05:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL @ gay marriage in FF universe.

Are any of us a Mithra or an Elvaan in real life? Nope. It's a fantasy world and I think gays can accept that in FF universe characters gay rights are not recognized! You can live with the fact you have a tail in game or long pointy ears? Live with the fact your character is heterosexual or gay(whatever lol) and go with it. I'm sure they can do it!

I am all good with gay marriage in real life though. Oh and I heard more than one person complaining about gay marriage not being allowed in FFXI.

And the wedding service in FFXI is a popular service and a big success! If people enjoy getting married in game fine for them! The only reason they would remove it is because they have to pay employes to lead the ceremony(if they want to save money somewhere).
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-08 05:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

But my point is, I two RL gay people wanted to:

1 would make a female char and 1 would make a male char and get married.

Limiting marriage by the sex of their char does not prohibit gay marriage.

And allowing same sex chars to marry does not mean you will condoning or supporting gay marriage, just not limiting people to rolling a char that matches their RL sex if they want to marry.

This is nothing to do with sexual orientation and more about not 'punishing' players for picking the 'wrong' sex char when they joined the game.

EDIT: BTW I don't really care, I don't intend to get married ingame, but its an interesting debait
[+]
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-07-08 05:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:

And allowing same sex chars to marry does not mean you will condoning or supporting gay marriage, just not limiting people to rolling a char that matches their RL sex if they want to marry.

This is nothing to do with sexual orientation and more about not 'punishing' players for picking the 'wrong' sex char when they joined the game.

I still say ingame marrige is gay... period. pun intended
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-08 05:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Radaghast said:

Argettio said:

I still say ingame marrige is gay... period. pun intended

check my edit, it is a silly little feature that I don't ever intend on using, but I know a lot of people have got married, so obviously some people like it
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-07-08 05:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I know some people get into that ***. And that's fine. I don't go around vana talking ***. But given this is a thread for your opinion, I'm sharing mine, as well as you are.

It's one thing if you're dating/married irl and want to in game...
It's another when it's a silly ingame relationship.

Then again... I think people who involve themselves in ingame relationships *which I'm willing to bet is a pretty fair chunk of those who participate in this nonsense* are the bottom of the loser pool.
 Hades.Karou
Server: Hades
user: Karou
By Hades.Karou 2009-07-08 05:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No offense, but I still don't understand this whole "MMO Marriage" crap, straight, gay or any other way. It's just a game. It isn't real.

And I agree with Radaghast, I was dating/married to my hubby IRL and we both play SWG together, the only reason we did it in game was because we already were IRL.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-08 05:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shua said:
Haseyo said:
I think they should drop marriage services in general.

Marriage was a cute idea, but the way SE implied it was god awful. Lottery to see who gets their wedding... are they serious?
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-08 05:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Radaghast said:

No, I know some people get into that ***. And that's fine. I don't go around vana talking ***. But given this is a thread for your opinion, I'm sharing mine, as well as you are.

It's one thing if you're dating/married irl and want to in game...
It's another when it's a silly ingame relationship.

Then again... I think people who involve themselves in ingame relationships *which I'm willing to bet is a pretty fair chunk of those who participate in this nonsense* are the bottom of the loser pool.

There is more important things in the game certainly, and things that most of the player base would want the devs to concentrate on instead of the marriage system. But IMO, either allow any one to marry any one, or don't have a marriage system.

As for in game relationships, they are odd. Its one thing to meet in a game and then meet up in RL and start going out. But when your only contact with some one is through the game (or msn etc) and you are 'in love' then you need to get out more.
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-07-08 06:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime you know Gay = FTW?
Prison maybe?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 06:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

the only time anywhere gay = ftw is in prison, anywhere else, there is a problem.

But yeah, I vote to let the gay couples be as miserable as the straight couples when it comes to marriage.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
Server: Fairy
user: Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-07-08 07:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok.....

The only people who WORRY about this sh** is the extremists on both sides of the issue.

As a r/l bifemale who's about to get married i/g (7/24)to a man (r/l and i/g) I find it amazing that people care either way. If I wanted to marry a female character in game I'd either make a male character or I'd just set up my own wedding with friends and fireworks and someone other than a wedding master running the show.

For me, the whole i/g marriage thing was a bit of a laugh until Mr. Right came along and asked. It's not for everyone but for those of us who want to do it....who cares? I mean "ban" the marrige service? why? what's it to you? Like anything else in life, if you're not interested DON'T DO IT. Why take it away from everyone else who DOES want to do it? I mean, get SERIOUS.

And saying the "majority" of people think it's ok to have sex with a 12 year old, and even making that statement on a thread with this subject is just WAY out there dude. I'd say the majority of people who come up with crap like that are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but I have a few mentally challenged friends who'd take insult at being compared to someone who makes a stupid, super generalized statement like that.

In the end guys (and gals, cuz next someone will yell about girl gamer rights), IT'S A FREAKING GAME. I'm not gonna tell you what to do and what not to do, so get the hell out of MY game would ya? Gay rights, women's rights, the rights of minorities...that's all r/l stuff...leave it that way and just game?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 07:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

being gay is a game?

and yeah, the majority of men in a particular country think it's ok to marry a 12yo. There was a list somewhere around here that showed the legal age to marry and some of the numbers were disturbing.
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-07-08 07:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm where did I say being gay is a game dude? lol read the post.

And that would mean that majority of people who vote in stupid polls online think it's ok to sleep with a 12 year old. That's not the same as the "majority of people" in general.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 07:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

wait... this is gay marriage in-game?
 Fairy.Nirrvana
By Fairy.Nirrvana 2009-07-08 07:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
wait... this is gay marriage in-game?

lol did you actually read the thread...

omg...way too freaking funny.

See a girl can't even have a decent debate here...the MAJORITY of people on this board loose track of the subject within 3 posts. 8-p
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 07:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

my bad then... Let the gay folk do what they want, doesn't bother me none.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-08 08:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
But yeah, I vote to let the gay couples be as miserable as the straight couples when it comes to marriage.

^This.
 Titan.Relicant
Server: Titan
user: Relicant
By Titan.Relicant 2009-07-08 08:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm gonna have to agree with the statement of:

marriage should be removed period.

This is a game, not a dating service. online relationships are one thing when you can actually visit/see/hold/care for the person....

but come on... a person living in (example) Tennessee dating a person in Austrailia online? (or any other combinations where ACTUAL dating is not possible) and you tell me you're in "love" with each other?.. oh get the *** outta here with that. that is absolutely rediculous on every possible level.

take the marriage out of the game. it's a decent idea, with what appears to be no real problems on the surface, but then someone comes along and tries to throw "real life" into a fake game which isn't based on RL at ALL... which then leads to drama (and threads like this) for absolutely no reason.

in the end, all your left with is something that's gonna please some and hurt others. Make some smile, and others cry or whine. this is the way the ball bounces. it's been that way since the dawn of creation (in this case, around 7 years ago). people need to get over it and move on.

Also, for the record... though many may disagree.. the LEGAL definition of marriage is "Marriage as a union of man and woman and the inseparable association of their lives". Yes, some states/countries have changed it to incorporate homosexual marriage, but that doesn't change the fact that it took the US, Canada, etc.. almost 2000 years to "agree". they didn't "agree", they "compromised"... so the gay people would shut the *** up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5