watermaneuver;input /echo 2w;wait 12;
thundermaneuver;input /echo 6t;wait 12;
thundermaneuver;input /echo 7t;wait 12;
thundermaneuver;input /echo 8t;wait 12;
thundermaneuver;input /echo 9t;wait 12;
thundermaneuver;input /echo 10t;wait 12;
thundermaneuver;input /echo 11t;wait 12;
thundermaneuver;input /echo 12t;

I overloaded at 12 and it lasted 66 seconds. At this point ***is complicated, so I set it up like this:
Code
M#   Gained   Lost  Decay Rate
1~5  100      40    2/tick Heatsink base
W1   0        16    4/tick Heatsink 1 maneuver
W2   0        4x    x/tick Heatsink 2 maneuver
6    20       4x    x/tick Heatsink 2 maneuver
7    20       16    4/tick Heatsink 1 maneuver
8~12 100      32    2/tick Heatsink base

Summing all the above gained heats and subtracting the known lost heats gives us 136 degrees at maneuver 12. 66 second duration for the resulting Overload means 96 degrees when overloaded, so we have 40 unexplained degrees.

40 = 4x + 4x
x = 5 degrees/tick

I don't think it's possible/reasonable for me to repeat this for 3 water maneuvers.

Edit: JK, I did it. Same strategy, but 3 Water Maneuvers and I did more Thunder Maneuvers. It took 15 to overload and the overload lasted 78 seconds, which indicates 108 degrees at overload. If you calculate the degrees balance up to that point, you get that it should have been 132 degrees without decay during the 4 ticks with 3 water maneuvers up. So those 4 ticks account for the 24 degree difference. Ergo, 3 water maneuvers gives you -6 degrees/tick.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-29 04:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Theytak said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Given that automatons typically use Armor Shatterer at ~110-120 TP(an irritating aspect of their AI), you're looking at pretty pitiful WS frequency, rendering their robust ratio bonuses pretty moot against what would otherwise be their prime targets

On that note, I remember a while back, sometime around when SE "announced what tactical processor does", I was doing some testing on when the puppet ws goes off, and on a whim, I tossed on tactical processor and played with it a little. This was against bunnies in ronf, (ie: deploy -> attack or WS -> dead). I have no idea why. Anyway, it wasn't a huge sample, but I did notice a strange shift; Without TP, valoredge would actually WS (I always deployed within range), by 150 tp, and averaged somewhere between 130~150 TP, but with TP (and an ice maneuver), that average shifted downward to 120~140TP, and never exceeded ~140 TP before forcing WS.

It was a tiny sample size, and I had a lot of other more pressing concerns at the time, so I didn't think much of it and it got lost in the mean time. When I look back and think about it, though... well... If you consider SE's stance that "If something's wrong with the AI, we'll give you an attachment to fix it" (eg: scanner), I can't help but wonder if SE added that sort of functionality to Tactical Processor when we weren't looking, or if no one ever thought to test that one (I assume the former, but I can't remember for certain).

I can't imagine that would be too hard to test, anyway, if perhaps a bit tedious. It's a crackpot theory, though, and would really only serve to piss us off if it's true (ie: it means to force our puppets to ws reliably, we'd need to add ice maneuvers to any maneuver rotation, thus sacrificing delay redux)

No, I'm pretty sure the Tactical Processor does function in this way. But, adding ice maneuvers to augment its already strong effect seems like a pretty bad idea unless you're standing back and watching the Automaton from afar.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-29 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to add that Tactical Processor is a strange bird as far as Overload goes. It may reduce the decay rate, but then it would be reducing it to almost 0. It could be more likely that it makes maneuvers give an extra 20% (or something) heat or something.
By Enuyasha 2013-05-29 12:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

so, any tips on the most optimal settup for RNG,mage,and melee(lolmelee) attachments :<
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-02 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

To do list:

Kenkonken
Tactical Processor
Attuner/Target Marker
Barrage Turbine TP return
Ranged attack formula
Melee attacks?
Other WS modifiers
 Cerberus.Itege
Server: Cerberus
user: itege
By Cerberus.Itege 2013-06-07 16:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know what the accuracy penalty is for Drum Magazine?
 Fenrir.Deno
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-06-07 17:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure it's already well known, but Barrage Turbine hurts things that are immune to ranged attacks? Weirdo PUP!
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-10 10:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Deno said: »
I'm sure it's already well known, but Barrage Turbine hurts things that are immune to ranged attacks? Weirdo PUP!

Nice....
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-10 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Itege said: »

With the alternator equipped seems a non factor even without the scope on most things.
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-10 16:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they didn't forget about their promise to make Overdrive better. I mean, it does what it does, but it still feels fairly useless and I'm never in a situation where it's like "Oh ***! Time to use overdrive to save the day"

Also hopefully the category 3 merits add more attachment slots/elemental capacity, or they add PUP-specific quests to increase them, because at this point if we get any new attachments (and they said they'd be adding new attachments) it would be hard to fit them on

Are the new 1 hour SP abilities on the test server? I wonder how much lolEagleEyeShot does now on Sharpshot with Alternator. That would probably be worth testing, just to see how much it does now
By Enuyasha 2013-06-10 16:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Cerberus.Itege said: »

With the alternator equipped seems a non factor even without the scope on most things.
The only time it is a factor is like if you dont have capped skill (I know, be less gimp) or at a certain skill threshold.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-21 06:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, did some tactical processor testing this morning. It was pretty annoying, so bear with me. First of all, I did tests with Heatsink (no water maneuvers) equipped because I was worried that Tactical Processor decreased decay rate (which would make it annoying to test without Heatsink.) This turned out not to be the case, but be aware that the decay rate below is 2/tick. I have Alternator, so these were all done with 20 degrees/maneuver base.

Additionally, the numbers below were more variable for me this time than ever before, probably because the test server is a little laggy. I was seeing 0~2 seconds between using a maneuver and receiving the maneuver action message. You can consider the below numbers to be +/- 1. It doesn't really affect the conclusions, though.
Code
#M   Overload    Time
 2   8 sec.      12
 3   23 sec.     24
 4   38 sec.     36
 5   53 sec.     48
 6   68 sec.     60
 7   -- sec.     --
 8   98 sec.     84

5   45 sec.     60

From the first few lines, you can see that we appear to be accruing extra heat. At this point, it could be due to a decrease in decay rate or an increase in degrees/maneuver.

If you look at the final case (where I waited an extra 12 seconds between the second and third maneuver) you can see that it is 8 seconds different than the base case. This indicates that the enhanced decay rate of heatsink is not decreased (8 every 12 seconds = 2 per tick). Thus, the extra heat must be coming from just using the maneuvers. It works out to +3 per maneuver with 0 ice maneuvers. This may depend on dStat, but I have to go to work so I can't check it right now. :D
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-06-21 06:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Been awhile since I've been on. How does Pup rank now a days?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-21 07:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

At present, PUP is still disdained by the community despite several job-changing updates. PUP's niche as a soloer has been killed by the common-ness of dualbox accounts, but you're still welcomed to use it if you lack one. Though currently PUP accuracy suffers too much to be considered, in the distant future I see some potential for Kenkonken PUPs to be taken seriously as real DDs.

Stringing Pummel is PUP's ace in the hole, basically. The higher base damage weapons introduced lately favor lower modifier/higher fTP weaponskills with bonuses (like critical hit rate). Like, Asuran Fists (for Monk) is pretty competitive with Shijin Spiral (5/5) for Monks with the Tojil H2H.

Stringing Pummel has all these factors (lower mods, high fTP, critical hit rate) and was already competitive with Shijin Spiral even without mythic. When Kenkonken gets bumped up to content level 120, it's going to bring some pretty serious amounts of pain with that WS. I'm not sure it will overcome Monk's Kick/Focus/Impetus/general utility (like HP) advantages, but the job will at least be less of a DD joke then.*

* for the 0.01% of PUPs with Kenkonken

Remaining overload crap to test:
1) Confirm that Cooldown halves current heat.
2) Determine Tactical Processor's degrees/maneuver penalty with 1~3 Ice Maneuvers.
3) Determine if Tactical Proccessor's degrees/maneuver penalty is affected by Automaton-Player dSTAT (aka, does it give 18/maneuver with player stat > Auto stat?)
4) Figure out what Kenkonken does to heat and how it does it. See if it changes between 75 and 99.
[+]
By Heimdel 2013-06-21 09:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

According to wiki the pups stats str/int/vit so on vs the pupmaster same stats determine how much heat build up is per maneuvers. So with the new alternator does this mean it actually causes pups to overheat easier?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-21 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's true. It is very difficult to get your stats above your automaton with Alternator on (and AF1 hands especially). That's why I couldn't test how Tactical Processor acted when player STAT was greater than Automaton STAT.

Overall it's pretty obvious that Alternator is a good thing for the job, though.
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-06-21 15:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't you just go into abyssea if you want player stats higher than pup stats, automaton only gets atma buffs not stat buffs
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-06-25 06:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I went and got Turbo Animator from the moogles. Tactical Processor's additional burden is unaffected by dSTAT.

5 Maneuvers with an extra 12 second delay = 20 seconds instead of 5 seconds

6 Maneuvers without an extra 12 second delay = 38 seconds instead of 20 seconds

Stacking Ice Maneuvers now:
1 Maneuver - +8 Degrees/Maneuver
** 8 sec overload after 2 thunder maneuvers with a 12 second wait
** 30 sec overload after 4 thunder maneuvers with 48 seconds between the first and last

2 Maneuvers - I don't really know, because I don't know if Tactical Processor's penalty is active on Ice Maneuvers that activate it.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-07-08 18:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to testing on the new Animator :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-08 18:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternator makes more sense now as it probably is raising the automaton's level to 116 ..

The new animator should raise the auto's level to 106 then?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-07-08 18:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, alternator is just boosting acc and such. If it was raising level, it would not be the useful skillup tool that it is. Also, the new animator is known to be worse than alternator. Matsui announced it.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-19 09:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone taking on the new mantle for testing?
By Balias 2013-07-21 08:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

back to the drawing board!
it seems like there is also a low probability that Armor shatterer can do awkward low damage

Sorry to go off topic, but what plugin changes the text like that?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-21 09:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Battlemod. It's under the Addon tabs when launching Windower 4. Took a bit to get used to such a different style of information but sort of difficult to play without it now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [216 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-02-22 19:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

=====================================
Automaton Skill and Accuracy/Attack
======================================
After Checkparaming with Cirque Pantaloons +2 I noticed that automaton accuracy is not effected by skill. At least not the skill provided by the pants - It seems however that damage (although not attack) is modified - From Armor Shatterer being 3630 with 437 skill to 3570 with 427. Both with 917 RATK AND 770 RACC in both Pantaloons and Nothing. It seems Automaton skill is used in the D calculation of the automatons weapon, but does not affect atk or ratk (I believe testing in this thread found something similar.)

This seems quite strange, though, perhaps there's a hard cap on it and it won't raise it past 427. Accuracy didn't increase in the bump from 388 > 398 though on sharpshot.

Attuner / Target Marker

Equipping Attuner and testing against another level 100 toad produced the same results (Assuming, then, that the Attuner doesn't work in Adoulin?). Reports from BG seem to imply that it worked in Salvage II, so I assume that it did work on level corrections. Alternately, it could be that Divinator and the likes raise the automatons level and that could be making the attuner not activate. Either way though this is disspaointing, as it essentially makes Attuner and Target Marker useless in their current implementation.

It isn't as though alterating them so that they just remove the level aspect all together would break them, especially given the ilvl automatons basically capping autos params of mobs <99.

Heat seeker / Patttern Reader

Heat seeker also seems to do a whole lot of nothing, unless the accuracy it adds is somehow different than just straight up +acc. Tried it with and without one thunder maneuver, and at no point was automaton accuracy increased (other than the 4 accountable by from Dexterity for the maneuver).

10:27: Accuracy 746 Racc:786 MobHPP: 100%
11:22: Accuracy 746 Racc: 786 MobHPP: 5% (Automaton used weaponskill and killed quicker than anticipated, but a test over a 3-4 minute period also showed this.)

Will test to see if shortly if missing attacks increases acc. Though I pointed this out because reports on ffxiclopedia claim that it's just a straight +1 per second, which is false.

Edit:
Tested with pattern reader since it was hard to get Sentinel to miss a lot.

After 5 hits in a row at varying mob hpp% there was no change in my automatons evasion as reported by checkparam.

Are these broken? Or do they work differently than I anticipated
Have any other tests been done on the gradually raises attachments?
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-22 20:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
Attuner / Target Marker

Equipping Attuner and testing against another level 100 toad produced the same results (Assuming, then, that the Attuner doesn't work in Adoulin?). Reports from BG seem to imply that it worked in Salvage II, so I assume that it did work on level corrections. Alternately, it could be that Divinator and the likes raise the automatons level and that could be making the attuner not activate. Either way though this is disspaointing, as it essentially makes Attuner and Target Marker useless in their current implementation.

It isn't as though alterating them so that they just remove the level aspect all together would break them, especially given the ilvl automatons basically capping autos params of mobs <99.
This has been the case for awhile now, Automaton's level has based on the Ilvl of the animator equipped since before SMNs/BSTs received the ability to summon higher level pets through much the same way.

As for Attuner and Target Marker, I'm not entirely surprised they don't show a stat change given our previous knowledge of the items was that they removed the level correction part of the Damage/Accuracy equations rather than added direct amounts of attack or accuracy.

However, seeing that Heat Seeker/Pattern Reader don't seem to add any direct stats has me a bit worried on how they actually work.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-02-22 20:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't checking for any direct param checks, just damage increases with attuner
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-02-22 20:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
I wasn't checking for any direct param checks, just damage increases with attuner
My apologies on that one then.

Also, you said you tested them on a level 100 Toad, did you attempt tests on anything higher like say the mobs in Kamihr?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2014-02-22 20:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

^ that was my suggestion. They could not be working because your automaton is lvl 115-119(depending what you have)
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-02-22 20:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not yet, intend to go back once I'm done with Skirm and test with no animator equipped
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9