Nyzul Isle Uncharted - Is This Normal?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Nyzul Isle Uncharted - Is this normal?
Nyzul Isle Uncharted - Is this normal?
First Page 2
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2013-05-06 19:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering about Neo Nyzul Isle's floor jump and if I'm honestly achieving what should be expected. Our setup seems to be the following most of the time:

99 SAM/DNC with Relic
99 THF/DNC with Relic (me)
99 WHM/SCH or SCH/WHM
99 DRK/SAM with Emp
99 MNK or WAR with Emp
99 BRD with Relic

Out of the 14 runs I've done so far, I've only beaten floor 80 3 times and got to or near close to it 2 times and failed. Then we get several 2-3 floor jumps (sometimes as bad as 6 back to back). Is 3 out of 14 normal for Floor 80 for success rate or am I doing something wrong? I know floor 100 is beyond grasp so I'm settling for Floor 80. Any help or advice or experience with be greatly appreciated. Also, please don't throw the "ditch the thf" comment. I hear that enough as is and thf is capable of doing this event.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-06 19:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Brd or Sch is following one group, is /Dnc actually needed?
Honestly had no success with this either, but Regen 5 was usually enough to keep people not dead through the run now that mobs are a lot weaker.

Can't say if /War for the Sam and Thf is going to change everything, but it couldn't hurt to try.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-06 19:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's not a good win record for floor 80 :(

Your DDs should never be subbing DNC, and SCH/RDM is much more optimal for this event than WHM. Other than those changes, it's just a matter of being familiar with the event and playing smart.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-05-06 19:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but THF isn't helping a lot in that setup, and a SCH is desperately needed. The rest is fine except no one should be /dnc

Edit: So the DRK is using Caladbolg??? OAT GS works so well in there.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-06 19:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Edit: So the DRK is using Redemption???
Was just wondering about this same thing.
If so, that could also be one of the issues with win rate.
Edit: From Redemption to Caladbolg D:
 Shiva.Cybermario
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-05-06 19:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We have done good runs with a THF in our group, but yeah your DD's should not be subbing DNC, try /WAR instead... with a WHM or SCH should not be a problem to keep them alive, but with the nerf you really dont need a healer following you around, most of the mobs (before floor 80)are chumps now.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2013-05-06 19:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre embrava nerf our group was doin 80 runs but for some reason screwed alot from lamp floors , 2/3 floor jumps and horrid pathos ( no magic or ws on kill all floors? Really?) . All the DDs had movement+ too . Your 2hand DDs should be subbing samurai , not dancer . Subbing warrior on thief really boosts damage output , especially on the fodder mob found on the kill all floors . Besides movement+ and really nailing down lamp floors kill speed and communication seems to work best .
Ninja edit : OaT gs outdamages emp , sub warrior on Sam.
By kylespit 2013-05-06 19:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kiyara said: »
99 SAM/WAR with Relic
99 THF/WAR with Relic (me)
99 SCH/RDM
99 DRK/SAM with Emp
99 MNK/WAR or WAR/SAM with Emp
99 BRD/SCH with Relic

Fixed.

I've personally gone with a NIN mule and we managed to go 4/4 on Floor 100. Have the BRD sing a song every jump, try to keep a ballad on the SCH. Have SCH spam Regen5ga and Phalanxga. Can save extra accessions for -na spells. BRD gets to pole dance while the SCH follows who ever tends to take the most damage. Also use brava on boss if you think you need it. Besides that there's just the basics, 1 person per mob, watch for gears, team up on NMs, have everyone start running when you see lamps. Coordination is key. Took my groups plenty of fails before we got the hang of it. Just stick in there.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-05-06 20:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf/dnc has the capacity to provide an acceptable contribution to a high floor 80 win rate. Id perfer going thf/dnc to this event over thf/war, which Id use for say VW.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-06 20:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kiyara said: »
99 SAM/WAR with polearm (Draca Couse)
99 THF/WAR with Relic (me)
99 WHM/SCH or SCH/WHM
99 DRK/WAR with Gram/Hoarfrost blade
99 MNK or WAR with Emp
99 BRD with Relic
Fixed what people should be.

Based on this alone, you have a huge lack of damage and are wasting your time with unneeded survivability. Following this logic and the evidences given, I would say that your group has without a doubt a huge lack in knowledge when it comes to this game.

Try to think more offensively and understand the game mechanics better by following the setup I edited, for example. It may take time to get used to it, but the main issue I see with your group is that you aren't trying to do Nyzul the way it should be done in order to succeed.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-06 20:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
Thf/dnc has the capacity to provide an acceptable contribution to a high floor 80 win rate. Id perfer going thf/dnc to this event over thf/war, which Id use for say VW.
There's 0 reason to sub dancer given THF's already excellent survivability and the nerfed levels of the sub-80 mobs. You're trading the offensive capabilities of /WAR for nothing basically.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-05-06 20:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I would say that your group has without a doubt a huge lack in knowledge when it comes to this game.

Ouch.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-05-06 20:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What does THF/DNC add? I see no benefit.
By kylespit 2013-05-06 20:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd generally stick with SCH of WHM simply for the ability to Acc/Perp your Regen/Phalanx. Wont have to make the DD wait for you to recast as much. If you have people bring movement speed + gear and a few Powder boots too, it wont hurt, can have them use that on lamp floors or single target mobs. I brought my BRD(Daurdabla) mule last runs I did and I ended up popping Mazurka every jump for the 3rd song. Worked out great. Last run also had a Cala DRK and we cleared 100 each try. Have your DD bring what ever they're comfortable with. Practice makes perfect!
 Bahamut.Spiketaru
Server: Bahamut
user: Kerokun
By Bahamut.Spiketaru 2013-05-06 20:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're only going to 80, my advice for the SAM, as mentioned above, is to roll Draca Couse. Stardiver stomps all over Shoha/Fudo as long as attack and accuracy is capped. Around 65+, you start to see mobs that require some GKT action, though. Boss at 80 is definitely GKT material. However, I was super impressed with the reliable damage output on Stardiver.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-05-06 20:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleepga >> Sallet >> divine waltz or curing waltz someone passing through who gets hits by sleep. Bards who forget echoes get hit by deafening tantra, healing waltz for paralyna/cursna occasionally too. Timing violent flourish at low hp on porrogo then finishing it off quickly before charm. Just to keep everything in motion really less people slept usually the bard slept when trying to buff and the other mage is at the rune. If you time a violent flourish for example soloing Nekke or w/e that blue imp is called and it stuns amnesia and it means you get another ws off because of it and port faster...

Hardly zero reason to use it as sub anyway.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-06 20:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a DD not an assistant healer. If you're going for utility, there are better jobs for that (BLU for example).
By kylespit 2013-05-06 20:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleepga >> Sallet >> divine waltz or curing waltz someone passing through who gets hits by sleep. Bards who forget echoes get hit by deafening tantra, healing waltz for paralyna/cursna occasionally too. Timing violent flourish at low hp on porrogo then finishing it off quickly before charm. Just to keep everything in motion really less people slept usually the bard slept when trying to buff and the other mage is at the rune. If you time a violent flourish for example soloing Nekke or w/e that blue imp is called and it stuns amnesia and it means you get another ws off because of it and port faster...

Hardly zero reason to use it as sub anyway.

Weapon Bash/Blade Bash/Stun. Echos/Holy Water/Remedies should already be in inventory. SCH shouldn't be far behind for curega. Most mobs are dead within a matter of seconds 1 bash/stun should be enough.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-06 20:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Spiketaru said: »
If you're only going to 80, my advice for the SAM, as mentioned above, is to roll Draca Couse. Stardiver stomps all over Shoha/Fudo as long as attack and accuracy is capped. Around 65+, you start to see mobs that require some GKT action, though. Boss at 80 is definitely GKT material. However, I was super impressed with the reliable damage output on Stardiver.
Even then, you can roll polearm up to floor 100. Unless they have very bad gear, there is no reason for Stardiver to ever fall behind Fudo/Kaiten (Shoha is rather irrelevant since it can't compare with Stardiver at all in Nyzul) considering the higher damage output than both and the higher WS frequency, even on bosses, even past F80.

Regarding flans and all, the DRK and MNK if properly separated should be able to wipe a floor that requires it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-06 21:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did have Shoha for sam, i was using a TP Bonus Magian GKT until i had a fully merited Stardiver, and rolled Draca Couse. I wasn't always on sam, but on the occasions i did run as one, I propped my Draca Couse and went to town. It gave better and more consistent damage than Shoha, and then more than Fudo once i had Masamune.

None of my group ever rolled with /dnc for anything. We went through a lot of fails and wins, but this was before the NNI and Embrava nerfs.

As far as survivability goes, Sam has Seigan/Third Eye to avoid hits, and even counter them. MNK has Chakra, THF has evasion + Hide, and as stated, certain items should be in your inventory, and the SCH (or w/e healer you have) should be following close behind.

Edit: I fixed it to say Masamune. I have no idea why i was thinking Amano to be honest.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-05-06 21:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Amano with Fudo^^ Remember all im saying thf/dnc if well geared is more than adequate for a good floor 80 win rate, because the op said the setup they went with, I didnt specifically say its the best for dd.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-06 21:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry about setup, worry about people that don't pay attention.
If someone *** up lamps more than once ever, ditch em.
If someone's consistantly taking more than 3 seconds to engage, ditch em.
If someone won't bother with powder boots, ditch em.
If someone's using cheap food instead of hydra kofte, ditch em.
If someone can't use common sense(MNK claiming slashing neutral mob when there's a roc in the room), ditch em.

If you bring 6 attentive players including a BRD and a healer of some sort, your setup is fine. Just make sure people pay attention and go over strategy/planning properly. If you can get a daur brd, that really helps. 80% fast cast set should be mandatory for BRD.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-05-06 21:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

won with bluspeed, definitely bragging
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-06 21:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

that was an ordeal, he counts as like -2 members

probably should've mentioned those runs instead
[+]
 Shiva.Slonkey
By Shiva.Slonkey 2013-05-06 21:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
MNK claiming slashing neutral mob when there's a roc in the room

MNK does blunt dmg.

Rocs are weak to piercing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-06 22:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Slonkey said: »
Quote:
MNK claiming slashing neutral mob when there's a roc in the room

MNK does blunt dmg.

Rocs are weak to piercing.
and resistant to slashing, which good dd use

(are you really implying i don't know birds are weak to piercing, the example even mentioned slashing)
 Shiva.Slonkey
By Shiva.Slonkey 2013-05-06 22:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems irrelevant, I never had a problem killing a roc on war in there.
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-05-06 22:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Slonkey said: »
It seems irrelevant, I never had a problem killing a roc on war in there.
^ this. Never had a problem killing a Roc in there as a MNK either
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-06 22:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

People had problems killing rocs?
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
By Odin.Arkista 2013-05-06 23:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Make your BRD go DD, Have SCH no WHM and keep Regen V up at all times make sure people have the right temps oils/powders Idle set and you will get a win sooner or later we had very bad luck after the Embrava nerf and took a while to get back on the winning streak.
And our jobs was SAM WAR WAR SCH PUP MNK.
First Page 2