Nyzul Isle Uncharted - Is This Normal?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Nyzul Isle Uncharted - Is this normal?
Nyzul Isle Uncharted - Is this normal?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-05-06 23:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Slonkey said: »
It seems irrelevant, I never had a problem killing a roc on war in there.
it's faster, and roc is just one example
[+]
By Triffle 2013-05-06 23:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to hit floor 100s consistently do the following setup:
4x Heavy DDs
1x SCH/RDM for Protect, Shell, Regen 5 and Phalanx.
1x BRD/SMN for Troubadour/Nightingale Double Marches and Hastega from Garuda.

We also used to have trouble until we switched to BRD/SMN. This has the DDs constantly at capped Haste and they kill stuff so fast the SCH will rarely need to heal. The only time my team hasn't hit floor 100 is when we have really, really, really bad floor jumps.

For DDs my team has 2x Ukon WARs, 1x MNK and a DRK or SAM. DDs shouldn't really matter though if they can dish out damage. With this setup I don't even bother to DD as BRD. I just stay at lamp.
 Siren.Kiyara
Server: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2013-05-07 12:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate some of the advice aside the "You're a thf, you're the problem" response. Hear that from majority of players on my server that do Nyzul Isle (probably a norm overall). Not a very open-minded answer. I will change subs to war and see if that improves the situation. The only reason I sub dnc is for issues such as waltz to remove bind/status effects and silena on mages when the situation is in need of it but sub war will definitely pull out bigger numbers. I don't see myself hitting 100 so it's not something I'm aiming for and 80 will suffice. As far the floor jumps, I may just have horrid luck. We seem to get 2-3 floor jumps quite often. On average, we clear about 12-15 floors in 30 min. The biggest problem from experience is mainly lamps (order lamps just seems to kill me every time I've done with any group). Survivability isn't an issue at all really.

P.S. If I'm pulling hate from a relic/emp DRK/SAM/WAR, I guess that makes me a poor DPS/thf?
By Angeljcar 2013-05-07 12:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kiyara said: »
Just wondering about Neo Nyzul Isle's floor jump and if I'm honestly achieving what should be expected. Our setup seems to be the following most of the time:

99 SAM/DNC with Relic
99 THF/DNC with Relic (me)
99 WHM/SCH or SCH/WHM
99 DRK/SAM with Emp
99 MNK or WAR with Emp
99 BRD with Relic

Out of the 14 runs I've done so far, I've only beaten floor 80 3 times and got to or near close to it 2 times and failed. Then we get several 2-3 floor jumps (sometimes as bad as 6 back to back). Is 3 out of 14 normal for Floor 80 for success rate or am I doing something wrong? I know floor 100 is beyond grasp so I'm settling for Floor 80. Any help or advice or experience with be greatly appreciated. Also, please don't throw the "ditch the thf" comment. I hear that enough as is and thf is capable of doing this event.
/dnc is fail. if hp depleting on floors is a problem now, /dnc is not the answer. If anything use x4 DRK/WAR with apoc's and havem switch to GS on boss floors.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-07 12:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

P.S. If I'm pulling hate from a relic/emp DRK/SAM/WAR, I guess that makes me a poor DPS/thf?

It means to look for better DD or get your DD to gear better. They have no excuse for a Thf beating them.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-05-07 12:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate some of the advice aside the "You're a thf, you're the problem" response. Hear that from majority of players on my server that do Nyzul Isle (probably a norm overall). Not a very open-minded answer. I will change subs to war and see if that improves the situation. The only reason I sub dnc is for issues such as waltz to remove bind/status effects and silena on mages when the situation is in need of it but sub war will definitely pull out bigger numbers. I don't see myself hitting 100 so it's not something I'm aiming for and 80 will suffice. As far the floor jumps, I may just have horrid luck. We seem to get 2-3 floor jumps quite often. On average, we clear about 12-15 floors in 30 min. The biggest problem from experience is mainly lamps (order lamps just seems to kill me every time I've done with any group). Survivability isn't an issue at all really. P.S. If I'm pulling hate from a relic/emp DRK/SAM/WAR, I guess that makes me a poor DPS/thf?

nope, it makes your friends/group bad DD's. :(
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-07 12:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Me, Mosin and the others get to 80 easily but never make it to 100 but have been very close at times., 94-96-99 floors. But out of the times of these close calls is because too many All and order/sametime lamps with the rooms being too large. We do this without the Powder Boots.

We do it with this setup:

Sam/War-Masa 90
Sch/Rdm
Mnk/War-99 Relic
War/Sam-Ukon 90
Brd/Whm (Thinking have the brd changed to smn sub)
6th: Mostly a Drk or Blu or Sam. (Having trouble to finding a dependable one.)
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-07 18:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate some of the advice aside the "You're a thf, you're the problem" response. Hear that from majority of players on my server that do Nyzul Isle (probably a norm overall). Not a very open-minded answer. I will change subs to war and see if that improves the situation. The only reason I sub dnc is for issues such as waltz to remove bind/status effects and silena on mages when the situation is in need of it but sub war will definitely pull out bigger numbers. I don't see myself hitting 100 so it's not something I'm aiming for and 80 will suffice. As far the floor jumps, I may just have horrid luck. We seem to get 2-3 floor jumps quite often. On average, we clear about 12-15 floors in 30 min. The biggest problem from experience is mainly lamps (order lamps just seems to kill me every time I've done with any group). Survivability isn't an issue at all really.

I believe the lowest average we were shooting for was 16/18 before nerfs. Given the evolution of the game/gear, if you do 12/15, there is an issue.

- If you get hate from your DRK, it doesn't mean that you're good but that he's bad.
- Bad luck with floor jumps is meaningless if you can reach a certain amount of jumps.

Bottom line is, if you have proper DDs, you can reach say 16/18 floors cleared minimum per run. From there, you will reach 80 more often than not.

Lamps are easy, they are only an issue when you run with random people. If you are a static, it means you have either poor communication or that your members have an issue with this specific mechanism, in which case you might want to spend 15min or so making sure they can wrap their head around the mechanics involved.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-07 21:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

going with:

DRK/SAM
MNK/WAR
BLU/WAR
RDM/WHM
RDM/WHM
BRD/WHM

I have a bad feeling tonight
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-05-07 21:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't be attacking the same mob at all unless it's a boss or an NM. So you shouldn't be taking hate period.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-05-07 21:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Shouldn't be attacking the same mob at all unless it's a boss or an NM. So you shouldn't be taking hate period.
Guess I'm part of the minority but I thought it was obvious he/she meant they pulled hate while fighting NMs lol. At this point the normal mobs in there (floors 1 to 79) have been gimped so bad that they wouldnt live long enough for anyone to pull hate from anybody anyway.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-07 23:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Knivesz said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Guess I'm part of the minority but I thought it was obvious he/she meant they pulled hate will fighting NMs lol. At this point the normal mobs in there (floors 1 to 79) have been gimped so bad that they wouldnt live long enough for anyone to pull hate from anybody anyway.
Then she pulls hate when everyone has hate capped which means that, congratulations, you managed to cap your hate.

Makes him/her look even worse if you go that route, that's why we went with the other.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-05-08 00:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For floor 80 that job set up isn't that bad. It seems there is more of an issue of what you guys are doing inside Nyzul.

I've recently had a pick up group that went 2/3 with no voice chat.

And no, Sam with polearm isn't needed.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-08 00:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
It's not needed indeed but when you fail to clear F80, you might want to do the extra effort and put all the chances on your side rather than half *** it and use a GK.

As Einstein said, you can't expect a different result if you always do the same thing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-05-08 00:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Lakshmi.Feint said: »
It's not needed indeed but when you fail to clear F80, you might want to do the extra effort and put all the chances on your side rather than half *** it and use a GK.

As Einstein said, you can't expect a different result if you always do the same thing.

Using a GK is far from half assing it.

I'm surprised not many asked what their strat is for nyzul. Job combination is only part of the solution.