Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » NNI - new setups
NNI - new setups
By Baniak 2013-04-04 04:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Testing out NNI-post nerf with Thornyy, DRKx3 SCHx2 BRD. seems easy to get to floor 100 within 5 mins. going for 3rd win now

edit: 2/3, not bad at all

I assume no brava? I also assume 1DD split with one SCH and other 2DDs with second scholar?

If I assume right then SCH that split with one DD could also be BLU or RDM ( BLU will probably help more with DDing and Lunge will reduce damage taken and Fruit is more than enough in case of emergency )
RDM could go /sch and throw some buff at lamp. Can also Dia3/Para bosses also chainspell nuke them if needed. Anyway imo both BLU and RDM should be better than second SCH.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 05:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i said like 2 posts ago i brought my friend on his naked sch, which was insufficient to perform schs roles, he just had nothing better to come on

i'll agree blu would be better, not really seeing any reason to use rdm over sch since it has inferior buffs, though neither applied in our case because they weren't options
By buddahbug 2013-04-06 04:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ok this might be a stupid question i should know but...
are jump rates better to 100 than they are to 80?
As in setting destination to 80 or 100
By Zyla 2013-04-06 05:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd personally like to try this setup: sch, brd, blu, empy mnk, apoc drk, ragna war. it seems like it will have something for every situation. blu for it's versatility, apoc drk for it's survivability and overall DD prowess, ragna war for it's strong DD and MS with reso on boss, and empy mnk being a strong DD with the potential to save a run with hundred fists if you hit floor 80 boss or get ws's locked on 100.

i've went over the theory in my head over and over and it looks like a strong well built setup, i think it would do quite well.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 05:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

War with gaxe is good cause you can aoe the mobs on kill all floors doing it faster.
By Zyla 2013-04-06 06:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
War with gaxe is good cause you can aoe the mobs on kill all floors doing it faster.
also quite a good point, having both ragna and ukon would definitely be a boon in nni. ukon for kill all floor as well as ragna for zerg on boss floors would definitely be a welcome addition to any nni group.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-06 06:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

think you're overthinking dd spread too much, dd are dd
 Asura.Emoneaone
Server: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2013-04-06 06:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No "tools" used. Set at 80. 1/3 runs made it to boss.
WHM/RDM (primarily polesitter)
BLU/WAR Almace 85
SAM/WAR (don't recall weapon)
NIN/DNC Kangi 85
WAR/SAM Ukko 85
WAR/DNC (don't recall weapon)
Main reason for 1/3 was:
Run one: lamp-ga, 4-5 floors of them, I hate lamps.
Run three: hit 20 and 40, tiny jumps
Overall worked well, just needed "normal" luck on jumps.
By Zyla 2013-04-06 07:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

not necessarily, it's about efficiency. some DDs are better suited to do certain things.

a drk with an apoc is self sufficient and doesn't really need it's own healer following it around.

a blu is also self sufficient due to it's versatility in general and ability to put out occasional high spike dmg out put on mobs like chariots (i can nearly one shot these with SC) and then requiescat for mobs like flans with high -pdt.

war has very high dmg output but isn't self sufficient, therefor in need of some healing beyond regen from time to time. otherwise it wrecks ***hard.

mnk in general is a good DD and has the ability to negate that -pdt from mobs with formless strikes, and also as i said it can save a run if your group is low on time for whatever reason on the boss floors. floor 80 boss sucks, so a good idea on him is to have the mnk do VS at 300% for AM3 and then 2hr, combined with your other heavy hitters you'll usually eat through him with lil trouble in the experience i've had with mnks in our gourp. 2hr is also good on floor 100 if ws's are locked, can tear his hp down just a bit more quicker which can save a run if low on time.

just my thoughts but i could be wrong and over thinking it, nobody can be right all the time XD
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-06 07:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you'll generally be wondering who you know that still wants to nyzul more than worrying about whether you have the appropriate mix of DD.

A slight chance of saving 10 seconds on a boss does not justify MNK's spot over DRK. Ragnarok WAR is kind of silly, you have much more at your disposal on DRK. BLU is a strong job, but it's also dependant on your setup. If you're using a few MNKs or other defensive DD, you're probably better off with a heavier DD than a BLU. They all work though, which is the important part. You don't need to worry about not having DRK DRK DRK BLU SCH BRD(which is probably about the ideal setup), take whoever wants to go on the job they have geared or you'll never get a group together.

Any attentive combination of DDx3 BRD SCH (and either a BLU or a second mage) could clear 100 pretty reliably.
[+]
By Zyla 2013-04-06 07:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

a valid point i have to admit, most ppl are done with nni now. at this point if you still need gear from it, it's more than likely gonna be take what you can get as long as it's decently geared for nni.
By buddahbug 2013-04-06 13:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-04-07 14:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

buddahbug said: »

NO they're the exact same.
By buddahbug 2013-04-08 00:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure, did our first 100 yesterday, and found jump rates alot better than the usual 2-3 jump spam, won it easily