NNI - new setups
 Cerberus.Corphish
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-01 23:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »
If you play ur job well hoshi then u'll do fine on whatever, I'm just ocd for optimal.

@Corphish dont mistake me man! I'm not shitting on winja DD, not at all. Even if u can't match a 2h dd, as u said it's not to be overlooked because of it's utility. What I was shitting on was the claim of a 99 masa sam losing parse to a winja, which sorry is a bit hard to swallow.
Nah man, I read the thread, and I didn't want people to think I was destroying main DDs, so I had to set the record straight, lol. I hear ya. The SAM in question actually had a 90 Masa, something he forgot to mention >_>;;;

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Hey Corp remember that awful Uptala?
I was doing good til I had to main cure :<
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-01 23:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol! You were. Didn't we make you, or try to make you, hold the pets? D=
 Cerberus.Corphish
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-01 23:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Lol! You were. Didn't we make you, or try to make you, hold the pets? D=
I was like "nuuuuuuuuu I wanna see how strong I am on Uptala!"
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-01 23:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

And WTF Conagh! Dissing my SAM t(-
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-04-01 23:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah 90 vs 99...90 is easy enough to get.

Im too tired to be nice...
By buddahbug 2013-04-02 18:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Update:

Did 2 more runs today, and went awesomely with new set up

BRD/SMN
BLU/RDM
SAM/WAR
MNK/WAR
SCH/RDM
NIN/WAR
[+]
 Bismarck.Ocjp
Server: Bismarck
user: Ocjp
By Bismarck.Ocjp 2013-04-02 19:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

why bard/smn ?
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2013-04-02 19:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

/smn gets hastega

Nicely done buddah
By buddahbug 2013-04-02 19:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yes and brd needed mp ring thing for fast cast on songs

ty
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-02 20:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious as to your BLU's choice for /RDM. Don't mean to come off as condescending, I would just really expect a /WAR choice. Were you guys needing a larger amount of heals?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-04-02 20:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
I did this as cor on Saturday and it worked well. Thing is you have to roll every jump (my order was 1. fighters 2. chaos 3. evokers for the sch or tacticians for me depending on mp). You roll the minute you jump... don't screw around and don't double up 6+. You'll want a luzaf's ring as well. I went /dnc and was able to box step and haste samba for bosses. Plus I got a random weapon skill off on the kill all floors usually. With that being said I wasn't subbing in for a dd, I replaced the brd b/c no one in my static has a daurdabla.

This sounds reasonable. I don't really understand the "COR buffs too slow" complaint, it's simply not an issue. If your COR can't get a buff up on the party at the start of any floor, they're doing something wrong.

* Phantom Roll/Double-Up macros with a gear switch causing the COR to blink = buff while running with no JA animation lock. I personally use PR Recast -5 Desultor Tassets in my rolls, then swap back to Nav+2 legs as my idle gear.

* For buffs on initial entry, you can do roll #1 then immediately reset PR timer with Random Deal and then do roll #2.

* Re-buff as needed at the start of a new floor. Roll quickly with Luzaf's Ring and you can hit the DDs even as they spread out.

* Rolls last 7:49 with full Winning Streak merits and Empy+2 hands/augmented Relic+2 hat. That's a heck of a long time to sit on a powerful buff if you get a lucky #, 10, or 11.

Now, I'm not sure the COR buffs are worth the loss of a "true DD". It may well be the case that choosing COR over another option is not justified. But the reason a COR might not be worthy of the party slot certainly shouldn't be that they "buff too slow".
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-04-02 20:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I now read ninja, winja ~.~
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-04-02 20:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Excited to see NIN is going to be an acceptable job in NNI!
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
Server: Shiva
user: Bai
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-04-02 21:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The group I went in with had a bard & sch. They alternated lamp duty depending on the floor so the sch could rest MP, and bard could make sure everyone had songs.
It was a little bit more work even with -song cast at around 30%. It was a bit questionable to maintain 4 people running in 4 directions as soon as they jump floors.
By buddahbug 2013-04-03 04:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Curious as to your BLU's choice for /RDM. Don't mean to come off as condescending, I would just really expect a /WAR choice. Were you guys needing a larger amount of heals?

I was on blu, it was more for a bit more mp, fast cast and snk vis. I do usually /war. Despite this it was awesome. When family clusterfuck rooms its great to be able to switch to emergency healer.. fking flayers...

I had no mp issues, was more of a trial, but worked well
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-03 04:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. Good to know it worked well.
By buddahbug 2013-04-03 04:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

your welcome
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-03 06:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

buddahbug said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »

I was on blu, it was more for a bit more mp, fast cast and snk vis. I do usually /war. Despite this it was awesome. When family clusterfuck rooms its great to be able to switch to emergency healer.. fking flayers...

I had no mp issues, was more of a trial, but worked well

I guess it would really depend on your setup and how much extra support you need.

Bringing a BLU is ~always~ a good idea. They may not pack quite as much power as a WAR/DRK/SAM/MNK DD, though their not far behind, but they have so much versatility that easily makes up for it. Req alone ensures that PDT flan and some other mobs / boss's will melt. Then their various forms of damage and aoe damage make clearing floors easy. Finally they have super stun which locks monsters down for 5~10s at a time, that's epic no matter what. After all that you still have the Fruit and the AoE haste (time / MP saver when BRD is doing songs at start).

So yeah it's like a gerber or leatherman, never know how useful it is until you go a day without it.

And yes SCH + BRD is the best support setup for this. /SMN was actually interesting for the BRD, he'll have to plan it out but could save some time later in the run.
By buddahbug 2013-04-03 06:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, plus stunlock on boss helps a dam ton
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-04 03:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Testing out NNI-post nerf with Thornyy, DRKx3 SCHx2 BRD. seems easy to get to floor 100 within 5 mins. going for 3rd win now

edit: 2/3, not bad at all
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-04 03:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Testing out NNI-post nerf with Thornyy, DRKx3 SCHx2 BRD. seems easy to get to floor 100 within 5 mins. going for 3rd win now

Within 5 mins. Sure it does.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-04-04 03:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Now, I'm not sure the COR buffs are worth the loss of a "true DD". It may well be the case that choosing COR over another option is not justified. But the reason a COR might not be worthy of the party slot certainly shouldn't be that they "buff too slow".

COR/DNC + DDx3 should have more pt output than DDx4, as long as COR is DD/box step/samba/light shot properly, if DD jobs like none mythic DRG DNC MNK is accepted, no reason to say no to a COR IMO.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 03:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor is inefficient for Nyzul cause the moment not everyone gets the buffs or you use a >6 nonlucky number the benefit of having one is enormously diminished(the ones you'd use are Tactician which gives only 1 tp and DA which is 1~4%). People in this event are supposed to spread out in opposite directions, so it's very possible that half the group misses the buffs making the cor presence, not useless, but pointless and worth as much as any other dd which'd perform better on bosses(for what it matters). Bard songs are instant, cor rolls take away those few seconds that, for some groups could be the difference between win or lose.

Then again they nerfed the event, so Idk if people still lose at all.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-04 03:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »

For a decked out group that doesn't waste time, it's possible.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-04 03:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »

For a decked out group that doesn't waste time, it's possible.

No, No it isn't.
I've got all the gear from it, we were decked out.
Its nowhere NEAR possible.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 03:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means within 5 minutes from timeup, not just getting to 100 in 5 xD
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-04 03:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I think he means within 5 minutes from timeup, not just getting to 100 in 5 xD

Then, that is indeed possible lol, I figured he meant 1-100 in 5 mins, coz that, just isn't XD
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-04 04:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I meant 5 mins before timeout lol, guess I worded it weird

thanks for clearing that up Seha XD
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 04:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We went SCHx2 BRD DDx3 because my friend needed a win on a blank character, so his most useful role was SCH(0 gear, 0 skill, only scrolls i bought on AH otw to run). I wouldn't say DRKx3 SCHx2 BRD is an ideal setup, but it does allow the DD to be much more aggressive and justifies it's slot vs a 4th DD in my opinion.

So, a list of suboptimals:

-me 3boxing and occasionally missing songs/buffs
-second SCH being *** naked and easily running out of mp
-no clipper
-quetz not using powder boots and lost half the time

I would say it's perfectly reasonable to win 90%+ still with 6 real players paying attention. I died on the 3rd run and we exited early, but that can be attributed to letting my SCH fall behind(which wouldn't happen with a real player instead of a 3box).
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 04:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like it's as easy as old Nyzul now.
[+]