Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-11-13 17:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Get VS and forget about SP unless you are using a mythic. just eyeballing my SS always have higher number. unless you get that extra damage boost from mythic level 90+, SP will not be the optimal ws.

all depends on whats your target is and what set your using for each ws VS and SP are very similar the diff is one is a a 2.25 Ftp on firts hit and has 4 hit and the other one is a 0.75 ftp on firts hit but has 6 hits to make up for it of higher ftp than the first one. so when you add up all ftps in all 4 hits vs 6 hits SP has slightly higher ftp for the total ws. VS sometimes seems better because its pure 60% str and SP needs vit for half of the mod so makes it more complicated. but overall both ws are pretty solid. for pup the only execption is a vere pup will beat a normal pup thas using SP and a mythic pup will beat a normal pup thas using VS.
but both ws are about equal properly geared.

VS 60% STR fTP: 2.25 < (first hit)
TP Modifier 100 TP 200 TP 300 TP
Critical Hit Rate: +10% +25% +45%

SP Stat Modifier: 32% STR / 32% VIT fTP: 0.75 (first hit)
Critical Hit Rate: +<15% +Question% +<45%

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-11-13 18:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Sylph.Guebotermico said: »
losing dex as an elvaan for ws like SP and VS will hurt. the small atk lose i could care less but about 12 dex- is no good for a crit based wS

Do not focus on dex in a WS not motified by dex. It is an extra bonus if it is there is all, and do not worry about race.

Wrong!

DEX may not be the mod, but CRIT is, and DEX is directly connected to CRIT

Not saying go get DEX+ for a STR Mod WS

he is just saying, try to get armor with STR and DEX on it so DEX helps crits

For example:

Nahtirah Trousers (DEF:114 HP+47 STR+29 VIT+16 AGI+25 INT+30 MND+17 CHR+11 Ranged Attack+30 Evasion+38 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Magic Evasion+69 Enhances "Snapshot" effect)

V.s.

Manibozho Brais PATH A R.15 (DEF:80 HP+25 STR+13(+10) DEX+12 VIT+4 AGI+6 INT+13 MND+5 Attack+15(+15) (ACC+10) Evasion+19 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Magic Evasion+49 Haste+6%)

Manibozho Brais will actually out DD Nahtirah Trousers on VS (Crit WS) due to the DEX+12 ATK+15 ACC+10

DEX however makes it Crit more often too.

1.3 x more

(TESTED)
 Sylph.Guebotermico
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-11-13 18:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Get VS and forget about SP unless you are using a mythic. just eyeballing my SS always have higher number. unless you get that extra damage boost from mythic level 90+, SP will not be the optimal ws.

all depends on whats your target is and what set your using for each ws VS and SP are very similar the diff is one is a a 2.25 Ftp on firts hit and has 4 hit and the other one is a 0.75 ftp on firts hit but has 6 hits to make up for it of higher ftp than the first one. so when you add up all ftps in all 4 hits vs 6 hits SP has slightly higher ftp for the total ws. VS sometimes seems better because its pure 60% str and SP needs vit for half of the mod so makes it more complicated. but overall both ws are pretty solid. for pup the only execption is a vere pup will beat a normal pup thas using SP and a mythic pup will beat a normal pup thas using VS.
but both ws are about equal properly geared.

VS 60% STR fTP: 2.25 < (first hit)
Critical Hit Rate: +10% +25% +45%

SP Stat Modifier: 32% STR / 32% VIT fTP: 0.75 (first hit)
Critical Hit Rate: +<15% +Question% +<45%

Considering 99% of PUPs are rocking Oats or down over 99v2 Emp or Mythic. Vere might as well be left out of it.

yeah pretty much lol. if you a serious pup and want to make a weapon thas no oats may aswell make a ken because it benefits your pet more and top dmg aswell a vere is kinda meh unless you have mnk and you just wanna suit both jobs on one shoot. i was just pointing out that VS is no the best for pup. although its very decent only its good to make light with the rng frame or if you dont have a proper SP set. 6 hits > 4 hits but i do understand making a kenkonken at this point of the game is probably no 100% worth it but its for sure your best weapon as a pup.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-13 18:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

well ***, he tested it guys
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-11-13 18:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to know what private server you're playing on where 12 DEX is 30% crit rate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-11-16 04:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
losing dex as an elvaan for ws like SP and VS will hurt. the small atk lose i could care less but about 12 dex- is no good for a crit based wS

Do not focus on dex in a WS not motified by dex. It is an extra bonus if it is there is all, and do not worry about race.

Wrong!

For example:

Nahtirah Trousers (DEF:114 HP+47 STR+29 VIT+16 AGI+25 INT+30 MND+17 CHR+11 Ranged Attack+30 Evasion+38 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Magic Evasion+69 Enhances "Snapshot" effect)

V.s.

Manibozho Brais PATH A R.15 (DEF:80 HP+25 STR+13(+10) DEX+12 VIT+4 AGI+6 INT+13 MND+5 Attack+15(+15) (ACC+10) Evasion+19 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Magic Evasion+49 Haste+6%)

Manibozho Brais will actually out DD Nahtirah Trousers on VS (Crit WS) due to the DEX+12 ATK+15 ACC+10

1.3 x more

(TESTED)

Dex only does so much to determine your crit rate, and even then it depends on what you're fighting (more specifically their AGI).

Your dDex value determines the crit rate you get from Dexterity alone, and it's calculated based by subtracting the enemy's AGI from your DEX. After your DEX reaches 50 points higher than the enemy's AGI, adding more DEX won't do anything to your critical hit rate.

I don't know the AGI levels for things like the Raaz or other Kamihr mobs yet, but in general you should have enough DEX already to cap out your dDEX without gearing specifically for it.

The only way that the -DEX from the piece of gear he's talking about would affect his crit rate would be if it pushed his DEX to within 40 of the enemy's AGI (which is the tier just below the highest for dDex).

So don't do something stupid like gearing for DEX on a WS that's not a DEX mod, since there's a very, very good chance that it's not going to do anything for you but waste the slot.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-16 04:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Wrong!

For example:

V.s.

1.3 x more

(TESTED)

Dex only does so much to determine your crit rate, and even then it depends on what you're fighting (more specifically their AGI).

Your dDex value determines the crit rate you get from Dexterity alone, and it's calculated based by subtracting the enemy's AGI from your DEX. After your DEX reaches 50 points higher than the enemy's AGI, adding more DEX won't do anything to your critical hit rate.

I don't know the AGI levels for things like the Raaz or other Kamihr mobs yet, but in general you should have enough DEX already to cap out your dDEX without gearing specifically for it.

So don't do something stupid like gearing for DEX on a WS that's not a DEX mod, since there's a very, very good chance that it's not going to do anything for you but waste the slot.
don't bother
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-11-16 04:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I shouldn't...but I got all "Challenge Accepted" when I read what he said.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-11-17 17:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

'-';

tiem to go pummel ***
[+]