Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Strining Pummel set
Strining Pummel set
By Lyncath 2013-08-01 11:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 309797
Is this just about right? Assume that all Manibozho pieces are high rank A path.
By fillerbunny9 2013-08-01 12:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

will Manibozho Jerkin be the preferred body piece after the upcoming update, since it will be inflating all the stats on it, or is that 3% DA really going to pull Toci's ahead?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-01 13:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Toci isn't even the best option now and it's not getting better.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-01 13:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Toci's is a good option if you have it already, but Manibozho Jerkin with a full rank 15 STR path should easily pull ahead due to the high amounts of accuracy and attack.

The Double Attack value that Toci's Harness once had doesn't really float anymore.

I think even the Omodaka body pulls ahead because of the STR/VIT/Attack found on it.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2013-08-02 04:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Manibozho Jerkin
DEF:93 HP+31 MP+37
STR+11 DEX+15 VIT+16 AGI+15 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15
Accuracy+17 Attack+17
Evasion+25 Magic Evasion+45 Magic Defense+3
Haste+4%

This is the updated manibozho body, and yes it will beat toci's, omodaka, and matanca given you choose str path.
By lugado 2013-08-08 02:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

are mustela gloves still best piece for pummel now a lot of the pieces that got upgrades are starting to look like it might be close. and what if any other pieces are changed with this last update
By Chroph 2013-08-26 08:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my new strining pummel set :
ItemSet 302443
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-08-26 09:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would try to get a Rancorous Mantle as soon as possible. They're pretty cheap now.
By Lizk 2013-08-26 10:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So what's the best set with the new gear?
 Odin.Clancaln
Server: Odin
user: clancaln
By Odin.Clancaln 2013-08-26 20:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the otronif pieces going to beat out rank 15 mani? I use the Otro boots and gloves but the Acc and Att from mani seems like it would win for body and legs. Also does the elemental gorget beat tjukurppa medal?
 Cerberus.Billgoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2013-08-26 21:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 240266

I use this atm, my Otronif boots have crit hit rate on them, haven't gotten dbl att on them yet, only the hands.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-08-26 21:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiral Ring will beat Vulcan's.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2013-08-26 23:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah not sure why that didn't change a while ago, but yes you're correct.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Elvyn
user: Elvyn87
By Cerberus.Elvyn 2013-09-30 05:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 313834
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/313834

Hey. Any idea's on extras? Cape i know need redoing... just not sure which?

btw augs on Otronif currently are: DMG -11%, Crit Rate +2 and Acc+3
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-09-30 15:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be a pretty good set:

ItemSet 313855

I'm not sure what your target is, though.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-10-23 16:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming for cape farming, which neck/belt/hands would be better?
Currently using otronif hands and soil gorget/belt, have access to mani hands 15, windbuffet and prosilio belt, tjurkuppa medal also...
Rest of the set same as Safiyyah, except Mani body/legs/feet R15 since no notable augments on Otronif yet...
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-26 04:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i have all the slots figured out but the neck is always killing me.... i just cant see witch one is the "Very best" for more dmg afther testing it several times. they all was giving me about the same average numbers.

tjurkuppa medal = str 6 + vit 6
Nefarious = 3% crit
elemental Gorget = you all already know.

would be nice to know for sure 100% whats the top dmg neck from these 3

if anyone good with testing and math would give their input and explain why it would be greatly appreciated.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-10-26 04:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Guebotermico said: »
i have all the slots figured out but the neck is always killing me.... i just cant see witch one is the "Very best" for more dmg afther testing it several times. they all was giving me about the same average numbers.

tjurkuppa medal = str 6 + vit 6
Nefarious = 3% crit
elemental Gorget = you all already know.

would be nice to know for sure 100% whats the top dmg neck from these 3

if anyone good with testing and math would give their input and explain why it would be greatly appreciated.

Elemental Gorget for sure.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-11-03 19:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm revamping builds on some of the jobs I don't play much, and here's what I'm thinking for Pummel:

ItemSet 270441

Any thoughts?

EDIT: otronif harness probably, but I don't have one of those yet, and Manibozho brais are 15 on STR path.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-11-11 06:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I'm revamping builds on some of the jobs I don't play much, and here's what I'm thinking for Pummel:

ItemSet 270441

Any thoughts?

EDIT: otronif harness probably, but I don't have one of those yet, and Manibozho brais are 15 on STR path.

Hurkan head for the vit str and extra 3% crit on it. Otronif harness with a crit augment. Spiral ring (5str+5vit)+Eponas would give u more overall dmg. or at leats Spiral ring + Rajas. as an option. but Spiral ring is a must for that WS. mani legs are just fine but if you get otronif with crit augment use those legs. or Muyingwa legs. Nefarious neck for another 3% crit hit. since elemental gorget wont affect all your hits as it would do in a merit ws. Brutal earring + Wotg earring with 25% tp bonus. that set would give your ws a huge bonus. i had tested pretty much all other options and that set ended up working better for my dmg. GL

Pretty much the idea is to pack as much CRIT on it as possible as much STR & Vit as possible as much atk as possible.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-11-11 07:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 270441

Any thoughts?

Hurkan head for the vit str and extra 3% crit on it. Otronif harness with a crit augment. Spiral ring (5str+5vit)+Eponas would give u more overall dmg. or at leats Spiral ring + Rajas. as an option. but Spiral ring is a must for that WS. mani legs are just fine but if you get otronif with crit augment use those legs. or Muyingwa legs. Nefarious neck for another 3% crit hit. since elemental gorget wont affect all your hits as it would do in a merit ws. Brutal earring + Wotg earring with 25% tp bonus. that set would give your ws a huge bonus. i had tested pretty much all other options and that set ended up working better for my dmg. GL

Pretty much the idea is to pack as much CRIT on it as possible as much STR & Vit as possible as much atk as possible.

How would the new legs from Kumhau fare for SP? Obviously not as good as Otronif with DA or Crit augments, but still curious as to where it'd stand in general.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-11-11 07:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »

ItemSet 270441

Any thoughts?

How would the new legs from Kumhau fare for SP? Obviously not as good as Otronif with DA or Crit augments, but still curious as to where it'd stand in general.
thas a good question i just got them 2 days a go and i havent have any time to test them yet. so im curious about them myself but it doesnt look like it would beat the other legs. by comparing the stats
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-11-11 07:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume that it'd come out ahead of Manibozho in situations when not in desperate need of accuracy.

Relevant stats

Manibozho: STR +23, VIT +4, Att +30, Acc +10

Quiahuiz: STR +25, VIT +14, Att +25 (believe that the DA dmg bonus doesn't work on WS)

You'd be gaining 2 str and 10 vit at the expensive of 5 att and 10 acc, so in a situation where you don't need the acc, Quiahuiz should likely come out ahead. Of course, you'd also want to throw the Dex from Manibozho in there as well, but I think it still stands that Quiahuiz would come out ahead.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-11-11 07:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically only losing out on ~4 Att thanks to the extra STR. But this also means you're losing out on a bit of crit rate/acc from the lack of Dex as well.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-11-12 06:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace Mani Legs with Nahtirah Trousers (STR+29 VIT+16) Meanwhile
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-11-13 17:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

losing dex as an elvaan for ws like SP and VS will hurt. the small atk lose i could care less but about 12 dex- is no good for a crit based wS

this WS's below depends a lot on Forcing CRITs for DMG
regardless of the Stat Modifiers. so that means that
all the extra dex and crit hit rate u can get in them
will be your best friend.

Stringing pummel
Victory smite
Ukko's fury
Drakesbane
Chant du Cygne

the reason why they shine over most ws is also because they can force a crit. so any dex- on them is working againts you. for end game high content.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Chyula 2013-11-13 17:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Get VS and forget about SP unless you are using a mythic. just eyeballing my SS always have higher number. unless you get that extra damage boost from mythic level 90+, SP will not be the optimal ws.
[+]
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-11-13 17:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
losing dex as an elvaan for ws like SP and VS will hurt. the small atk lose i could care less but about 12 dex- is no good for a crit based wS

Do not focus on dex in a WS not motified by dex. It is an extra bonus if it is there is all, and do not worry about race.

ofcurse no focusing on the dex just saying that if you have similar options for the other main stats but one has no dex and one has dex on a crit based ws you better of with the one that will help you crit.