Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
This is the Set I came up with for

SP:

ItemSet 303636

VS:

ItemSet 303637

SS:

ItemSet 303638

rajas ring/Epona's ring ALWAYS well.. unless its SP then u should be using spiral ring but then again if u dont have at the very least omodaka haramaki then u would use Rajas/Epona's
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-07 10:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luckycharmss said: »

SP:

ItemSet 303636

VS:

ItemSet 303637

SS:

ItemSet 303638

rajas ring/Epona's ring ALWAYS well.. unless its SP then u should be using spiral ring but then again if u dont have at the very least omodaka haramaki then u would use Rajas/Epona's
COOL Finally some worth insight , will work on that, but atm kinda stuck on making gil, burst out all i had on Rigor.................

Got it to Rank 5 Type A >< 220 RP to Rank 6 ><

also, another question i had was, i did had 5/5 Shijin but i lower it to 0/5 so i could do Last Stand 5/5 (but so far it sucks due to R.acc problems or enemy just Resistant to Physical dmg) thinking of either doing 1/5 Shijin or re-making 5/5 , is it worth ?

Considering they did mention it "might" happen that if u got empy / relic / mythic they would allow u to keep WS............... (with other weapons of course)

So kinda hopping but if not, what u think ?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 10:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

1 of 5 still hits really really hard but might want to focus on SP. At 1 - 5 to 5/5 the damage increase isn't insane like it used to be that's for sure.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-07 11:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If your using Shijin Spiral on pup, when you have access to Stringing Pummel, shame on you.

Stringing Pummel also has a base Critical Hit Rate of 15%ish at 100TP, which increases with TP, so I can imagine why someone would have told him to use Nefarious. Still, it's a dumb idea, and I don't know of any serious pup that uses it for anything.

I use a Rancorous Mantle, Soil Gorget, and Soil Belt, since most of the stuff I use Puppet and Pummel on are Adoulin mobs, or Salvage II mobs.

Currently working on getting Genta Hara-ate so I can make the Omodaka Haramaki.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-07 16:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
If your using Shijin Spiral on pup, when you have access to Stringing Pummel, shame on you.

Stringing Pummel also has a base Critical Hit Rate of 15%ish at 100TP, which increases with TP, so I can imagine why someone would have told him to use Nefarious. Still, it's a dumb idea, and I don't know of any serious pup that uses it for anything.

I use a Rancorous Mantle, Soil Gorget, and Soil Belt, since most of the stuff I use Puppet and Pummel on are Adoulin mobs, or Salvage II mobs.

Currently working on getting Genta Hara-ate so I can make the Omodaka Haramaki.
actually was asking for monk ^^; kinda think of it, all WS Blows on mnk >.> Except VS ><
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-07 16:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about that. I don't even know why you'd ask about MNK ws in a STRINGING PUMMEL thread to begin with. I do pretty well with Asuran Fists and Shijin Spiral with Rigor Baghnakhs in regards to MNK, especially in Delve: Fracture and Delve: Field.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-07 18:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about that. I don't even know why you'd ask about MNK ws in a STRINGING PUMMEL thread to begin with. I do pretty well with Asuran Fists and Shijin Spiral with Rigor Baghnakhs in regards to MNK, especially in Delve: Fracture and Delve: Field.

got it, ty ^^
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-06-07 18:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SP:

ItemSet 303636

VS:

ItemSet 303637

SS:

ItemSet 303638

COOL Finally some worth insight , will work on that, but atm kinda stuck on making gil, burst out all i had on Rigor.................

also, another question i had was, i did had 5/5 Shijin but i lower it to 0/5 so i could do Last Stand 5/5 (but so far it sucks due to R.acc problems or enemy just Resistant to Physical dmg) thinking of either doing 1/5 Shijin or re-making 5/5 , is it worth ?

Considering they did mention it "might" happen that if u got empy / relic / mythic they would allow u to keep WS............... (with other weapons of course)

atm you should always be using Stringing Pummel if you don't have it you must work on it. It is our BEST weapon skill

Edit: Bloodrose already said it ^_^
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-07 19:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SP:

ItemSet 303636

VS:

ItemSet 303637

SS:

ItemSet 303638

atm you should always be using Stringing Pummel if you don't have it you must work on it. It is our BEST weapon skill

Edit: Bloodrose already said it ^_^
ok fixed my sets now , ty :D

Just wondering 1 thing, for SP / SS should I use Faith or Nef. (CRIT+3%) (That bit wasn't clear rly............)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-07 19:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorget for pummel...not sure Shijin since pup can't use justiciar, moepapa I guess?

edit: or faith
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-07 19:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Gorget for pummel...not sure Shijin since pup can't use justiciar, moepapa I guess?

ya I know ; ; so Shadow gorget > Neff for SP

Faith > NEF for Shijin , got it, ty
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-07 19:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin can't crit.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-07 19:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Moepapa Medal or Light Gorget for Shijin Spiral. My choice was Moepapa Medal simply because I loathe sea farming.

Edit: I also use Soil Gorget for Stringing Pummel just because it was easier to make than Dark Gorget.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-07 19:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SS should use gorget pretty nice and not gonna argue but my SS and Sp are pretty damn dead even slightly better SS cause of gear. The ws are close as spit if you parse em out in delves like I do. Pretty easy to compare in the spreadsheet as well not and issue in the lease using either on pup what ever chains maybe best.

The benefit of the gorget is 2 fold: Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1 and adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill.

So for shijin its a five hit 1.0625 with a attack buff dex gear is pretty insane to boost now it to easily hit for 3k in delves with buffs seen over 5k so sweet as hell.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-06-07 19:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My Pummel set seems to work well enough. I got rid of multi-attack gear for this WS since it's 6 hits already- I'm not sure if that's "optimal," but that was my mindset when making it.

ItemSet 270441
 Fenrir.Andyman
By Fenrir.Andyman 2013-06-07 20:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I 'think' eponas ring is better than pyrosoul for SP if you have it and maybe brutal instead of one of the STR earrings.
Edit: still learning how to quote people sorry :x
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-06-07 20:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Andyman doesn't know anything! He's a noobie!!

Trolololol
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-06-07 20:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

ya I know ; ; so Shadow gorget > Neff for SP

Faith > NEF for Shijin , got it, ty

Some people are just stupid.
 Fenrir.Andyman
By Fenrir.Andyman 2013-06-07 20:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »
Andyman doesn't know anything! He's a noobie!!

Trolololol
i know things! :o
not much... but i know some pup things! :p
Edit: and I've mastered Quoting! :D
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-07 20:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You remove multi-attack gear if there are better options, not solely because the WS is 6-hit. Highest WS damage isn't always the best answer, either!
[+]
 Fenrir.Luckycharmss
By Fenrir.Luckycharmss 2013-06-07 20:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Optimal: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 303708

Alternate: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 302475

Very Decent: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 303712

At the very very least: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 303707

What I think is Optimal for: Shijin Spiral
ItemSet 300090

Really hope this helps anyone that needs some ideas
By Lisotte 2013-06-07 21:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Optimal: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 303708

Alternate: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 302475

Very Decent: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 303712

At the very very least: Stringing Pummel
ItemSet 303707

What I think is Optimal for: Shijin Spiral
ItemSet 300090

Really hope this helps anyone that needs some ideas

Are you sure in the second set listed that you really meant to use mani gloves?

Also, wouldn't omodaka feet be better than mani feet?

Finally, considering I don't have moonshade earring, I use bladeborn/steelflash, though I could use ghillie +1/brutal. Which is the better choice?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-06-07 21:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bladeborn/Steelflash is better if you don't have Moonshade, also the STR path on Manibozho Gloves, while silly to some, comes with Att+15, Acc+10 STR+10, trailing just slightly behind Myrmex, and Manibozho feet are also top of the game due to higher STR, higher Attack, and higher Accuracy as well. The trade off is a paltry DA+1, which has diminishing returns on a 6 hit WS.

Edit: Keep in mind, when these item sets are posted, they are posted under the assumption that they are rank 15 in the STR path.
[+]
By Lisotte 2013-06-08 00:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bladeborn/Steelflash is better if you don't have Moonshade, also the STR path on Manibozho Gloves, while silly to some, comes with Att+15, Acc+10 STR+10, trailing just slightly behind Myrmex, and Manibozho feet are also top of the game due to higher STR, higher Attack, and higher Accuracy as well. The trade off is a paltry DA+1, which has diminishing returns on a 6 hit WS.

Edit: Keep in mind, when these item sets are posted, they are posted under the assumption that they are rank 15 in the STR path.

Ah that makes perfect sense now. I don't have much plasm to spare on upgrades these days.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-08 00:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
You remove multi-attack gear if there are better options, not solely because the WS is 6-hit. Highest WS damage isn't always the best answer, either!

That being said though, is epona > rajas in this case? Or spiral? I use spiral + epona simply to try to max out the 8 hits. But I'm also not sure what your second statement even means. If you're fighting something you want to prolong it's life or to try to stagger it with WSs (like dynamis mobs) you're not gonna spam a super strong WS to begin with.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-08 01:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi-Hit+ increases the average TP return from your WS.
By minikomby 2013-06-08 01:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

what is really wrong with using nerf on SP?i have been reading but i just see gorget > nerf and not a good explaination lol if anyone can tell me. i have thought nerf should be a good option since SP has Chance of critical hit varies with TP
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-08 03:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

nice this is very helpful, cuz now I got a better understanding and idea on what to work on.

really helped me out.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2013-06-08 05:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
My Pummel set seems to work well enough. I got rid of multi-attack gear for this WS since it's 6 hits already- I'm not sure if that's "optimal," but that was my mindset when making it.

ItemSet 270441

Almost the axact same my set but for delve fodder farm these changes give me better numbers along with Bream Sushi ,Bladeborn Steelflash, eponas instead Pyroslou, elemental belt, And also Thurandaut body because i dont have anything better. D:
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By Spirre1 2013-07-25 21:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

uk'uxkaj cap
usukane haramaki +1
mustela gloves
manibozho brais
thaumas nails
rancorous mantle
prosilio belt
soil gorget
spiral ring