[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-22 05:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
0 mnk more warrior and drk, your not killing fast enough on floors and for the floor 100 boss I can assure you mighty strikes upheaval / resolution is pretty much unless you have 30 seconds remainaing.... a guaranteed win.
If you're losing with MNK MNK BLU DRK SCH SCH, it's because your gear or situational awareness are horrible. It's not because of the minimal difference in DPS or ability to wear powder boots.

Between the blunt bonus on skeletons/pots, frequent appearance of Skull of XXX on kill alls, formless on puddings, high HP/eva(does matter sometimes), and drastic gain in damage on WS restrictions, MNK is a very good job to bring. Realistically, the ideal setup is probably MNK DRK DRK THF SCH SCH.. you don't lose because you don't do enough damage. A 2 second/mob engage time difference means more than the difference between an amazing rag DRK and a decent THF. You need players to be at full attention and aware of their surroundings. I'm not saying everyone should bring THF to nyzul either, but extra f100 loot, 45 second flee for same time lamps/long floors, and piercing make it good if your group is coordinated enough to handle the minor damage loss.

If I walk into a room with a skeleton and a weapon on MNK, I already know I'm killing the skeleton because it has a blunt bonus and the DRK behind me knows he's taking the weapon because I'll be taking the skeleton. If there's a peryton and a rampart, I know I'm taking the peryton because they have a slashing penalty and the DRK knows he's taking the rampart. Situational awareness saves ridiculous amounts of time in nyzul, and bringing a variety of DD aids that very well.

I feel like most people who have trouble in nyzul do so because players lack basic situational awareness or don't have the old 2008 parse mentality.. you need to maximize your engaged time at all costs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-11-22 08:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy who "duoed PW with my bff, 13 chars over 2 people" is going to insist that NNI is so easy and they dont use third party tools? cmon...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-11-22 08:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Asura.Gabba
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2012-11-22 08:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The guy who "duoed PW with my bff, 13 chars over 2 people" is going to insist that NNI is so easy and they dont use third party tools? cmon...

Maybe they are so leet that dont need 3rd party tools to multibox, no text captcha, no healing bots, and that "red text" in the name probably is from the Atmacite of the Red Hat and not some hacking program /sarcams/.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-22 08:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gabba said: »
Maybe they are so leet that dont need 3rd party tools to multibox, no text captcha, no healing bots, and that "red text" in the name probably is from the Atmacite of the Red Hat and not some hacking program /sarcams/.

Unless they did it with 6 x-box's each, they use 3rd party tools.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-22 08:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

If they each had 6 xboxs they are pro, cause that means one of them has a windowed version of ffxi for xbox.

Edit: I also fail to see how it matters. He argued about playing agressively, and playing to your job's strengths. I know it is cool to *** about how luck based and impossible NNI is, but it really isn't that bad. Is it a well made event? No. Does that mean it requires 3rd party tools? no.

Most legit groups end up settling somewhere around 25% win rate varying based on job selection/gear, and when these groups turn around and say "It is impossible and luck based and hard" despite successfully doing the event, it makes people having issues with the event for nonluck based reasons stop trying thinking it is an impossible event. Most groups have issues at first, and I think it is a shame lots of groups that probably could do NNI get discouraged by the community's stigma.
[+]
 Asura.Gabba
By Asura.Gabba 2012-11-22 09:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Jassik said: »

If they each had 6 xboxs they are pro, cause that means one of them has a windowed version of ffxi for xbox.
Maybe they found a way to install windows on a Xbox!!!!! -_-
By Valentine 2012-11-22 09:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a uselss discussion with people that are doing NNI w/o Lamp dat swap and people who are 15/15 already *prolly*... ; ; anyway wafaq
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-22 09:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

(place link to SEs post saying get better gear/learn the job better here) It is luck based on floor jumps but my old group cleared 30floors in 30mins (timed out due to shitty floor jumps otherwise it would have been a win) but that was the only run out of a few that was like thay. How some people are geared these days its understandable how alot cant beat NNI. Almace blus wearing 5/5 af3+2 for tp casting and ws is horrific. Ive seen relic jobs like this too wearing bits of perle af3+1 even af that is obviously useless and tping/wsing in it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-22 09:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's no question in a lot of people's minds that I use third party tools, that's for sure. I don't really see how that's relevant to anything I posted though, whether you believe me or not I don't use fleetool/clipper/pos/even apradar in nyzul. I think you're just upset you didn't get enough attention on my screenshot..?

Small things like being aware of damage bonuses/penalties and SC opportunities save a TON of time in nyzul. I was 15/15 in like 10 runs on my main and I've gotten over 100 total pieces and over 120 astrariums(help with capped chars sometimes if I really want a friend to win.. plus its just plain fun as hell).

I'm sorry that you think anyone who uses 3rd party programs uses all of them everywhere, but that's simply not the case. I don't even have a healer bot, I prefer being able to control my own mage.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-22 10:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It's no question in a lot of people's minds that I use third party tools, that's for sure. I don't really see how that's relevant to anything I posted though, whether you believe me or not I don't use fleetool/clipper/pos/even apradar in nyzul. I think you're just upset you didn't get enough attention on my screenshot..?

Small things like being aware of damage bonuses/penalties and SC opportunities save a TON of time in nyzul. I was 15/15 in like 10 runs on my main and I've gotten over 100 total pieces and over 120 astrariums(help with capped chars sometimes if I really want a friend to win.. plus its just plain fun as hell).

I'm sorry that you think anyone who uses 3rd party programs uses all of them everywhere, but that's simply not the case. I don't even have a healer bot, I prefer being able to control my own mage.
This truely is an important part of nyzul for those of you who find yourself timing out on floor 97,99. Me and another seller will use SC to trash leader floors in a heartbeat as if I open w/ a 3k cata he can close w/ a stacked 5-6k MS w/ a 6k SC. That's 15k damage in the time most get off 6k as an example.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-11-22 12:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: I also fail to see how it matters. He argued about playing agressively, and playing to your job's strengths. I know it is cool to *** about how luck based and impossible NNI is, but it really isn't that bad. Is it a well made event? No. Does that mean it requires 3rd party tools? no.

It matters because someone saying "this shits so easy stfu nub play better" when they're run at 150% the entire time is a hypocritical statement. You spend 5% of the event porting up (5 seconds per port, 17 ports), you spend 30% of the event engaged and fighting, and the other 65% you spend running around. When you're running at 150%, that 65% you spend running around accounts for a LOT of saved time.

Thats why it matters. And when someone pretty much flaunts their usage of third party tools with a huge red flag over their head, its a pretty safe assumption they'll use said tools in NNI.
[+]
 Siren.Hyabusa
Server: Siren
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-11-22 12:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

0 mnk more warrior and drk, your not killing fast enough on floors and for the floor 100 boss I can assure you mighty strikes upheaval / resolution is pretty much unless you have 30 seconds remainaing.... a guaranteed win.
If you're losing with MNK MNK BLU DRK SCH SCH, it's because your gear or situational awareness are horrible. It's not because of the minimal difference in DPS or ability to wear powder boots.

Between the blunt bonus on skeletons/pots, frequent appearance of Skull of XXX on kill alls, formless on puddings, high HP/eva(does matter sometimes), and drastic gain in damage on WS restrictions, MNK is a very good job to bring. Realistically, the ideal setup is probably MNK DRK DRK THF SCH SCH.. you don't lose because you don't do enough damage. A 2 second/mob engage time difference means more than the difference between an amazing rag DRK and a decent THF. You need players to be at full attention and aware of their surroundings. I'm not saying everyone should bring THF to nyzul either, but extra f100 loot, 45 second flee for same time lamps/long floors, and piercing make it good if your group is coordinated enough to handle the minor damage loss.

If I walk into a room with a skeleton and a weapon on MNK, I already know I'm killing the skeleton because it has a blunt bonus and the DRK behind me knows he's taking the weapon because I'll be taking the skeleton. If there's a peryton and a rampart, I know I'm taking the peryton because they have a slashing penalty and the DRK knows he's taking the rampart. Situational awareness saves ridiculous amounts of time in nyzul, and bringing a variety of DD aids that very well.

I feel like most people who have trouble in nyzul do so because players lack basic situational awareness or don't have the old 2008 parse mentality.. you need to maximize your engaged time at all costs.

We love bringing MNKs especially for formless strikes. Custards leaders suck but with BLU, Nightmare Scythe and FS MNKS he goes down disgustingly fast.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-22 12:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It matters because someone saying "this shits so easy stfu nub play better" when they're run at 150% the entire time is a hypocritical statement. You spend 5% of the event porting up (5 seconds per port, 17 ports), you spend 30% of the event engaged and fighting, and the other 65% you spend running around. When you're running at 150%, that 65% you spend running around accounts for a LOT of saved time.

Thats why it matters. And when someone pretty much flaunts their usage of third party tools with a huge red flag over their head, its a pretty safe assumption they'll use said tools in NNI.
I did not say anywhere in my post that Nyzul is easy. I said that focus should be on improving players not booting all your friends for WAR and DRKs. I gave a few tips to save time that I feel like a lot of people overlook.

I have never used any movement in Nyzul. In fact, I haven't used any movement anywhere. I don't know why you're trying so hard to give me ***, but this isn't the place for it. Nothing you've mentioned has any relevance to the topic at hand.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-22 12:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So your assumption is to say that everyone that won or have 15/15 used speed 3rd party tool in NNI?
If you win tomorrow, I will make the same assumption about you even if it's not the case. But, it won't happen. Because only skilled people win, the unskilled people are just trying to justify their fails instead of learning.
When I see people giving up after first fail that makes me laugh.
My group failed countless times before we had our first win.
So take back your assumption and LEARN GDI!!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-11-22 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
So your assumption is to say that everyone that won or have 15/15 used speed 3rd party tool in NNI?
Are you dumb or stupid, or both? Because nowhere in my post did I say that...my post was very clearly directed at the guy who controls 13 characters with his bff, which is physically impossible without third party tools.

I did not say anywhere in my post that Nyzul is easy. I said that focus should be on improving players not booting all your friends for WAR and DRKs. I gave a few tips to save time that I feel like a lot of people overlook.

If I cared enough to, I'd hunt down your posts saying otherwise. Nyzul IS easy, if you dont get screwed over by luck. Theres nothing skilled about going 1-8-14-19-27-34-43-50-56-62-66-71-79-84-91-100 in 20 minutes, with 0 lamp order floors, 2 code lamps 10 steps away, 1 3 time lamps, 2 spec en's near the rune, 2 leaders, 1 spec en's of 2 hera imps, and the rest kill all's. Theres nothing unskilled about getting boned by this
[20:54:25]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 59.
[20:57:06]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 61.
[20:58:46]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 63.
[21:00:58]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 65.
[21:02:09]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 69.
[21:03:41]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 71.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-22 12:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. you were so butthurt over a screenshot I posted that you dragged it into the first thread you saw me post in, despite it having no relation to the conversation at hand?

Got it. By the way, if you'd like tips building a successful provenance alliance, PM me and I'll help you out with some of the finer points.

Quote:
If I cared enough to, I'd hunt down your posts saying otherwise. Nyzul IS easy, if you dont get screwed over by luck. Theres nothing skilled about going 1-8-14-19-27-34-43-50-56-62-66-71-79-84-91-100 in 20 minutes, with 0 lamp order floors, 2 code lamps 10 steps away, 1 3 time lamps, 2 spec en's near the rune, 2 leaders, 1 spec en's of 2 hera imps, and the rest kill all's. Theres nothing unskilled about getting boned by this
[20:54:25]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 59.
[20:57:06]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 61.
[20:58:46]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 63.
[21:00:58]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 65.
[21:02:09]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 69.
[21:03:41]Transfer complete. Welcome to Floor 71.
The thing is, I didn't disagree with you. I said nothing of luck, and it's obvious everyone will have different win rates and good/bad streaks. You jumped on me because you wanted to make another jab about something unrelated.

TLDR; can't give nyzul tips if you use GM flag and multibox
 Leviathan.Egonn
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-11-22 13:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

NNI is this order: Tools>Skill>Luck. You need at least two of them to win. Choose your two and master them or pray. It took me a couple months to get 15/15 and I can honestly say that we've lost on runs where we had two free floors which blew my mind. The embrava nerf will make it next to impossible to hit 100 so just focus on 80 at that point and hand in the 5 things. That's honestly what they should have done in the first place which would have made it seem like you were getting somewhere slow, rather than a luck based almost impossible mission. We used all powder boots/run speed: BLU 90 almace/MNK 90 Vert/99 Ukon/90 Ukon/2 maxed sch's. Make sure you have a stunner, go different ways, use skype or w/e, and know your maps. You can look them up on BG. Once you see the map, at least you'll know where you're going if you're always designated going north or west. People think the maps are randomly made for the event: They're not. You just don't know which you're in until you're there and you can't look at the map. Check these out: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Nyzul_Isle. I posted a guide somewhere in endgame forum, just some more help.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-11-22 13:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Hyabusa said: »
Valentine said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »
Haven't won a single NNI out of 4 runs per week with a static for a few weeks now. Is there any hope post update?
I would look at your own group and how to improve, no wins in several weeks is either severely bad luck or you're doing something wrong.
Getting to F100 w/o cheating is 100% luck + Efficience on the objetives. I've made it with 4 Relic99 DD's we all know perfectly what to do. the "occasionally you'll get severe badluck" is all over the place xD Kill all with Genbu included lol or Tiamat camping a Lamp lol The Reality is this is an event based severely on luck.
Great truth in that. My group has existed for two and a half weeks (I'm kicking myself for not starting sooner) and we've been to floor 100 three times out of ~Fourteen runs. We timed out twice thanks to the normal *** of lamp floors/***jumps/boss floor without WSs... but we did manage to get our first win exactly two weeks after forming. Just keep trying man, it's luck based but that means you always have a chance. Btw group is Empy MNKx2, Empy BLU, OAT GS DRK and SCHx2

I've done every single one of my 15/15 on BLU and just last night I helped some LS members get a win on my BLU. You don't need WAR DRK onry. We even got two order lamp floors and still pulled through. A lot of it is like Comeatmebro said, situations where you need to know mob weakness and be efficient on kill all floors, etc. BLU is just a boss against any custard NM or puddings and sudden lunge is a great help against annoying ws from mobs like AOE paralyze, amnesia, bind etc.
 Leviathan.Egonn
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2012-11-22 13:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We also used a BLU draylo. They come in really handy.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-11-22 13:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I've done every single one of my 15/15 on BLU and just last night I helped some LS members get a win on my BLU. You don't need WAR DRK onry. We even got two order lamp floors and still pulled through. A lot of it is like Comeatmebro said, situations where you need to know mob weakness and be efficient on kill all floors, etc. BLU is just a boss against any custard NM or puddings and sudden lunge is a great help against annoying ws from mobs like AOE paralyze, amnesia, bind etc.

That's considered bad? I don't think we've ever gotten less than 2 order floors per run, average is 3...
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-11-22 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it matter?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-11-22 13:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your average is 3 order floors per run? Wut? Sorry no, lol. Theres no way thats an average.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-11-22 13:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Your average is 3 order floors per run? Wut? Sorry no, lol. Theres no way thats an average.

You're right, it's a mean. The average is probably around 2.7 or something! We've never guessed right the first time on order lamps either in the 24 or so runs I've been there for.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-22 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Only like 25% of all floors is lamps, and only a 1/3 of those will be order.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-22 13:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 7 runs last night, each run had 2-3 order floors with a majority being 4 lamp. Mathematically the % is low, but in reality it comes up very frequently.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-22 14:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You people are all ridiculous with this tools/luck ***. Jeez
 Asura.Gabba
By Asura.Gabba 2012-11-22 14:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yup.. 10 runs.. that might be 100% win rate, and boss drops, suuuuuure we belive that you didnt use any hack/tool there.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-22 14:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

O...K...

I gave some advice that had 0 relation to third party programs. Why are you so hellbent on turning the conversation to the fact that I use some amount of programs completely unknown to you? Regardless of what I say, you guys keep tunnel visioning on that.

Do you want a list of every program I use? Does it matter? Would you trust that list? Would anyone? Who the hell cares?

I just don't understand how my bot use or lack thereof is relevant to situational awareness in nyzul..?
 Asura.Gabba
By Asura.Gabba 2012-11-22 15:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

O...K...

I gave some advice that had 0 relation to third party programs. Why are you so hellbent on turning the conversation to the fact that I use some amount of programs completely unknown to you? Regardless of what I say, you guys keep tunnel visioning on that.

Do you want a list of every program I use? Does it matter? Would you trust that list? Would anyone? Who the hell cares?

I just don't understand how my bot use or lack thereof is relevant to situational awareness in nyzul..?

Your Awareness theory with weapon bonus damage don't work. Its true that It can save time if you can apply it but 90%+ of the groups that are 15/15 (claim to be legit) were 4x Slashing Weapons DD (any combination of GS/Scythe/GA) and 2x SCH, so yea I guess they don't have any option with that. (and others groups w/ Sams and Blus more slashing weapons, the minority "tried" monks and switched later to WAR/SAM/DRK iirc.

And why "turning the conversation"... because... "We believe" you that you didn't use any hack to get 15/15 in 10 runs.. at least could have say 20...30...40 but 10, less than 2 weeks going daily, with probabilities that means 100% win rate, guess you're the first one to "practically" claim that or insinuate that.

You want to stop comments like this, easy... don't say anything easily questionable. If we know you used bots(becase is not human possible to control 5-6 accounts at same time in an event where you have to practically pay attention on each one) and bots are "3rd party tools" in the same category of "hack tools", we will assume in an event where high percentage of the players who got 15/15 in the first weeks used "hack tools" so you did too. Even if is true that you didn't you cant demonstrate it, or even SE can't if you did or not.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7