[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-10-26 15:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not very comforting, considering how many 95/99 relic holders running around without a clue what they're doing.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-10-26 16:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
10-26-2012 8:27 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
Adjusting the Reaction Time of Runic Lamps
So that lamps inhibit the run time as little as possible, we will make the following changes to waiting time:
*"Same Time" lamps: Reduce waiting time for reactivation from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
*"Order" lamps: Reduce judgment time of correct order from 12 seconds to 7 seconds
Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

i dont read this as the system doing a faster confirmation once all lamps are activated. i read this as the time from one lamp being triggered until the next lamp needs to be triggered. i know the Same Time lamp window is large once the first person triggers their lamp, but once triggered, i have never seen a delay of 30 secs until the floor lamp activates
 Phoenix.Zohno
Server: Phoenix
user: Zono
By Phoenix.Zohno 2012-10-26 16:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

So that lamps inhibit the run time as little as possible, we will make the following changes to waiting time:
*"Same Time" lamps: Reduce waiting time for reactivation from 30 seconds to 15 seconds
*"Order" lamps: Reduce judgment time of correct order from 12 seconds to 7 seconds
Subscribe

i dont read this as the system doing a faster confirmation once all lamps are activated. i read this as the time from one lamp being triggered until the next lamp needs to be triggered. i know the Same Time lamp window is large once the first person triggers their lamp, but once triggered, i have never seen a delay of 30 secs until the floor lamp activates

after an error you need to wait 30s before you can light them again
 Lakshmi.Mental
Server: Lakshmi
user: mental
By Lakshmi.Mental 2012-10-26 16:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Now all the peasants will have NNI gear :(

Now the Legit players can finish there Nyzul Isle gear sets.

If anything this event brought the worst out in people, not that you can overall blame the player base, for one it shouldn't of been feasible & more importantly SE made Nyzul Isle to much of a grind, the obvious was going to happen.

Yes, all of the player base can collect there gear now, though I believe SE has learn't a lesson here, you get the feeling they've washed there hands with the intended rarity & time investment for these gear sets. So many arrogant Muppets have 15/15, like... months ago bro.

I personally can't wait to move onto Salvage & to be done with this event & it's Primark rewards.

Cheers,
Menty
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-10-26 16:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Now all the peasants will have NNI gear :(

As a card-carrying peasant, I approve!
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-10-26 16:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Cerberus.Celll said: »
I'm glad they did this, it will open up more jobs to NNI instead of just 2 sch and 4 dd's. Not everyone wants to take the time to lvl sch and get all the gear that comes with it.
I use SCH as an example, because it's the only job people shout for or need when they put these groups together.

As someone already pointed out 1 piece every week (legit) Is probably the better change.

I think it's fine opening anything up to more jobs, but 1 to 99 sch and getting the necessary +2 literally took me 3 days. If that ~15 hours of effort combined with overnight afk leveling is too much to ask then how great are your other jobs?

For sure you didn't bother in getting enh 500+
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-26 16:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Before this update there was very little point in getting 500 Enhancing Magic Skill, and there was never any point in the +.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-26 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I started at around 400, but I got to 15+/15 before I hit 500. I think it's sitting around 497.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-10-26 16:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Zohno said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Subscribe

didnt know you could get an error on same time lamps
 Phoenix.Valory
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-26 16:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The players who just got their first group together because of these issues and have to deal with a much tougher nyzul than everyone else has had to do are upset, perhaps rightfully so.

Anyway, to me, these changes are welcome. Yes, there are still situations that are going to bone you. SE wants it so that not every run can be legitimately won. With that in mind, your group needs to have the patience to realize this.

The bolded part is what makes NNi a stupidly designed event. You could run with 100% maximum efficiency, clear your lamp orders first try every time (or hell, never get a single lamp). Jump 40 times in your 30 minutes and still not be on floor 90. Albeit that is a really low probability, it still is a possibility. Something you have 0 possible control over.

In legion if you had a perfect run and stunned/avoided/gear swapped every dangerous move and had maximum damage output from your DDs with clutch status cures & heals, you're going to succeed and you'll succeed every single time you can reproduce this level of play.

NNi has no such guarantee, even if tho the proposed measures are a step in the right direction.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-26 16:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

But when you succeed in Nyzul every single person gets at least 1 mildly awesome to awesome thing + alex which isn't something you can say about most other events.
By sprinkles84 2012-10-26 16:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Zohno said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Subscribe

didnt know you could get an error on same time lamps

you dont do them at the same time? aka you find 4 u click same time.. 20 secs later u find a 5th who clicks.. ahh all active but not at same time.. wait 30 seconds
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-10-26 17:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

But when you succeed in Nyzul every single person gets at least 1 mildly awesome to awesome thing + alex which isn't something you can say about most other events.

Either way, no matter what event you do, you're intended to walk away without meeting your goal the vast majority of the time. Whether it's low probability of getting a drop or low probability of getting to the boss, SE's preference is for you to fail time and time again. You can't really blame someone if that leaves a bad taste in their mouth at times.
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
Server: Cerberus
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-10-26 17:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
I'm glad they did this, it will open up more jobs to NNI instead of just 2 sch and 4 dd's. Not everyone wants to take the time to lvl sch and get all the gear that comes with it.
I use SCH as an example, because it's the only job people shout for or need when they put these groups together.

As someone already pointed out 1 piece every week (legit) Is probably the better change.

I think it's fine opening anything up to more jobs, but 1 to 99 sch and getting the necessary +2 literally took me 3 days. If that ~15 hours of effort combined with overnight afk leveling is too much to ask then how great are your other jobs?

Huge difference in burning a job to 99 overnight and getting +2 items within ~3 days. And knowing how to play the job and getting your skill @ or above 500.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-10-26 17:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Valory said: »
You could run with 100% maximum efficiency, clear your lamp orders first try every time (or hell, never get a single lamp). Jump 40 times in your 30 minutes and still not be on floor 90. Albeit that is a really low probability, it still is a possibility. Something you have 0 possible control over.

In legion if you had a perfect run and stunned/avoided/gear swapped every dangerous move and had maximum damage output from your DDs with clutch status cures & heals, you're going to succeed and you'll succeed every single time you can reproduce this level of play.

NNi has no such guarantee, even if tho the proposed measures are a step in the right direction.

Luck is & always has been a huge part of ff. It's in EVERY event, just in different forms. Look at legion, you can have a perfect run, stunned/avoided/gear swapped every dangerous move and had maximum damage output from your DDs with clutch status cures & heals and STILL not get good drops. I swear we've done over 30 of the fking ironclads and still not seen an Esper Earring. Back in the day people camped hundreds of Behemoths without seeing a single DRing off of KB. All NNI did was take the luck factor from the end of the event (loot pool) and change it so it was during the event.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-26 17:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge difference in burning a job to 99 overnight and getting +2 items within ~3 days. And knowing how to play the job and getting your skill @ or above 500.
Yeah, about 30 wasted hours.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-26 17:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The sixth tick is the key.
By Chyula 2012-10-26 18:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can't they just let us save the god damn floor and put a very low drop rate on the gears. We can still use the old system of making goal to stop the jump at 100 or try our luck to get a few more jumps after floor 100. Hey they can even lower the jumps from 1-3 max and require multiple run to reach 100, but at least I can see the end of the tunnel without dealing with that god awful RNG.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-10-26 18:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Good God, yes! This event has caused minor drama with some of my friends.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-10-26 18:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm a little happy about the change to the asteria. At least the 4 80s I have stored up won't go to complete waste. I get to keep 1! Huzzah!
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-26 18:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply starting the timer when you hit F1 would do wonders for less than perfect groups. Would definitely level the playing field for legit players.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 18:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Pretty sure the time portion is irrelevant. It's probably more like "Not everyone wants to fill the INVENTORY SPACE with another job just for one event." Especially when they may have another, or multiple other jobs that can do the event.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-26 18:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Pretty sure the time portion is irrelevant. It's probably more like "Not everyone wants to fill the INVENTORY SPACE with another job just for one event." Especially when they may have another, or multiple other jobs that can do the event.
My only point was if you don't have a job that can do the event it's not hard to get one. Win rate definitely increases as you get better/skill increases, but it doesn't take much to get started and get a few wins at least. The same could be said for multiple jobs for NNI, but I think sch is the easiest in this case.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-10-26 18:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Simply starting the timer when you hit F1 would do wonders for less than perfect groups. Would definitely level the playing field for legit players.
How do you figure? What on earth are non legit players doing in the entrance floor that would give legit players a level playing field?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-10-26 18:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They could just change the asteria to a trade up system like battle trophy's in Abby.... Can't beat 100 , do 200 floor 20 runs lol. It will be a time sink but I can't imagine anybody being unhappy.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-26 18:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
They could just change the asteria to a trade up system like battle trophy's in Abby.... Can't beat 100 , do 200 floor 20 runs lol. It will be a time sink but I can't imagine anybody being unhappy.

This already exists for NNI
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-26 18:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

All things considered, this is a fair adjustment. Fair because now, 90% of groups will probably be able to collect 80 clears (far more consistantly) and get a new piece of gear every 5-7 tags or so.

That being said, 2-11 is a nice improvement, but is there any way to alter the chances of getting the lower floor jumps? like on the 2-11 scale it so maybe the average jump is more in the 5-7 range with 11 being a nice bonus and 2 floor jump being like 5% chance? or at the very least make it so you dont get more than X 2 floor jumps in a row? the other day we went like this: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 17, 23, 25, 27 (embrava wore and we said screw it)

also, not QQing, done nni but still like to help people get clears
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-26 18:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »
How do you figure? What on earth are non legit players doing in the entrance floor that would give legit players a level playing field?

Obviously someone using spellcast or windower macros will be faster at engaging and changing gear, etc. Its a ratio. The time spent from choosing the assault till you are off and rinning is constant, the rest of the time is not. Giving legit players slightly more time actually doing the assault will offset the extra time it takes to do actions without tools.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-10-26 19:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »

Obviously someone using spellcast or windower macros will be faster at engaging and changing gear, etc. Its a ratio. The time spent from choosing the assault till you are off and rinning is constant, the rest of the time is not. Giving legit players slightly more time actually doing the assault will offset the extra time it takes to do actions without tools.

I don't think it should even be about giving any certain people an advantage. The whole process is stupid. Why should the timer even be started, you're not at Floor 1 yet. It would make more sense to have a separate 5 minute time limit in the lobby and start the timer after you pick Floor 1. Hell, I'd even be satisfied if there was an auto-purchase option with Sorrowful Sage that caused the items in your 'preferred list' to be in your inventory when you appear in the lobby prepaid for.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-26 19:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For some people using the lobby efficiently is actually skillful. Being able to use a body boost and a sprinter's drink and obtain another of each before setting off in the least amount of time gives you an advantage over other players. It's cases like this where I can see SE wanting the lobby clock to count against you (besides the obvious wanting you to fail so you pay for more months of service) so it's better to make the time worth it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7