[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » [Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
[Dev] Nyzul Isle Uncharted Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Kohanu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2012-10-26 12:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I happened to not have the jobs for it when the content came out (leveling all the mages besides SCH suddenly backfired!), and I've been on a bit of a haitus for the last couple months, so I'm 0/15 because I really haven't had a decent opportunity to do the content at all. Seeing how much harder it's likely going to be to get the gear I really need for my BLU is rather demoralizing.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 13:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Worlace said: »
Some of us have been 15/15 for months if you ain't by now then i don't know what to say.

That been said some nice adjustments yet some of you little muppets still complain.
The ignorance of this post is so astounding. Yeah, let's assume everyone has the same play time and lives in the same circumstances as you do. Also, let's start believing in real life pixie dust that can make you fly if you think happy thoughts.
[+]
 Phoenix.Valory
Server: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-10-26 13:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

12 jumps on average to hit floor 80? Sounds reasonable without embrava.

Floor 100 still is going to be out of reach for most people, and with only needing 5 floor 80 clears I can see this preventing the vast majority of people from even attempting 100 at all.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-10-26 13:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Some of us have been 15/15 for months if you ain't by now then i don't know what to say.

That been said some nice adjustments yet some of you little muppets still complain.
The ignorance of this post is so astounding. Yeah, let's assume everyone has the same play time and lives in the same circumstances as you do. Also, let's start believing in real life pixie dust that can make you fly if you think happy thoughts.
My only point in that original post was to point out the stupid nature of the SE post. They don't care if lamps are a hindrance or otherwise obstruction to the run they put them in there for that specific purpose. To come out and tell us well we're changing it cause we don't want them to be is stupid. They still are.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-10-26 13:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

worlaceuk said: »

Ha ha the event has been out for months you little mug. If you had put your back into it you would have been done well before now.

Tldr - Go *** yourself
ALL SORTS OF MAD UP IN HERE

I'm sorry we all don't agree with you ;(
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 13:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha ha the event has been out for months you little mug. If you had put your back into it you would have been done well before now.

Tldr - Go *** yourself
Obviously just trolling now. Either that or maybe you really do just lack intelligence.

Although this is probably a waste of time, perhaps I can help you to see outside your own little world.

1) Not everyone's account was even active when nyzul came out. Some of us just recently came back to this game from 1/2/3/4 year breaks.

2) Some people don't have, or didn't have the ideal jobs for nyzul when it came out.

3) Some people don't have the play time or varying schedules that keep them from being able to schedule events with others.

These are just a few of a multitude of reasons that everyone isn't on the same page when it comes to content. I personally didn't even start playing this game until 2 years ago, and I've only had my account active for about 14 months of that time. I assume you have probably been playing this game for years, and considering your attitude on these forums, I'm guessing you probably don't have many friends outside this game, so I can see why you wouldn't account for the fact that real life can interfere with in-game goals.

Btw I have yet to complain about NI. I don't think lamps are a problem. Lamp floors usually go faster than kill all floors unless it's order lamps. Even then, a 3-lamp order floor isn't too bad. It just depends how long it takes ya to find all the lamps.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
Server: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2012-10-26 13:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As i knew all along, im glad they are finally tweaking NNI, but what i find halarious (and at the same time, disturbing) is the fact that they are lowering the recast timers on lamps, when really, they should never be there to begin with. These tweaks, despite the embrava nerf, definitely makes NNI gear attainable to a much larger % of the player base.

Doesnt help me as i been done with Neo for months now, but i have a lot of friends who have had notoriously bad luck with jumps and ***til this point, raising the cap from 9 to 11 is very substantial. The only thing left for them to do (i doubt they ever will now, nor should it present that much of a burdence for ppl now due to these tweaks) is making the initial floor similar to Legion, where you have 5 minutes to buff up, get temp items, etc.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-26 13:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care if you don't agree with me nyzul was doable before as i said im 15/15 and these new changes will make it a little easier and yet little mugs still find the need to moan and want it even easier.
I'm done with nyzul gear and I still say the event is broken and very unbalanced.

If you need to do nothing but insult people to "get your point across" I can see why the majority of your posts are moderated on this forum.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-26 13:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"You little mug" not heard that since listening to some garage/drum and bass music on youtube. You dont happen to own a fiesta with go faster stripes and a bucket for an exhaust do you?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-26 13:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care if you don't agree with me nyzul was doable before as i said im 15/15 and these new changes will make it a little easier and yet little mugs still find the need to moan and want it even easier.

Nyzul is easy if you have 5 friends with good jobs, gear, and weapons that play on PC and can be trusted to pay attention. Is that a reasonable requirement? Not really. The game is still hemorrhaging players, if you don't play during ~5 PM-11 PM EST or speak Japanese, odds are you're boned. The players who just got their first group together because of these issues and have to deal with a much tougher nyzul than everyone else has had to do are upset, perhaps rightfully so.

People are giving you ***because you're just posting rude, arrogant ***. You seem like you have a severe social disorder.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 13:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
The only thing left for them to do (i doubt they ever will now, nor should it present that much of a burdence for ppl now due to these tweaks) is making the initial floor similar to Legion, where you have 5 minutes to buff up, get temp items, etc.
^^ This would be my biggest desire for NI.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-26 13:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

could we not have the fighting >.> this is a news topic after all :\
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-26 13:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So many newbie trolls today :( sorry kal
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-10-26 13:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
The only thing left for them to do (i doubt they ever will now, nor should it present that much of a burdence for ppl now due to these tweaks) is making the initial floor similar to Legion, where you have 5 minutes to buff up, get temp items, etc.
^^ This would be my biggest desire for NI.

Probably would have won 2-3 times already with that extra 45 seconds~

I wish they'd put in these Nyzul changes the update before the Embrava nerf lol.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-26 13:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

just report him and move on, jeez. And dont quote him. I still think they need to increase the number of minimum floors you can jump.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 13:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The players who just got their first group together because of these issues and have to deal with a much tougher nyzul than everyone else has had to do are upset, perhaps rightfully so.
I kinda disagree, although not disrespectfully. I just started Nyzul a few weeks ago and I have never complained about it. I'm 4/5 Thaumas after just a few weeks of legit runs which I'm proud of.

I don't think there's a reason to be upset, especially when these changes are more favorable for a win. Perhaps they aren't the changes everyone wants, but I think complaining that there weren't even more changes is just immature and it annoys me.

To me, complaining about these changes is similar to this: If I were to bring my son an ice cream and he looked at me and said "wtf dude? where's my sprinkles?"

Anyway, to me, these changes are welcome. Yes, there are still situations that are going to bone you. SE wants it so that not every run can be legitimately won. With that in mind, your group needs to have the patience to realize this.

Before I joined my current group, they used to run with dat mods and had a pretty high success rate. I literally joined the group the day the dats were rendered useless. After only 1 win in 8 runs, some pretty heated drama ensued. This is what I told them:
"Look guys, we need to stop having the expectation that every run is a possible win. It's not. If we get screwed, we get screwed. All we can do is take advantage of the runs that ARE possible wins."
With this attitude, we've been having a LOT more fun. (we actually won the last 2/3 runs). I actually love running nyzul. It's my favorite thing to do in this game. I will continue to do it long after I'm 15/15 if people need me to.
 Asura.Kohanu
Server: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2012-10-26 13:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I see it more like "here, I brought you significantly less ice cream than the people that got it first but look, sprinkles!"
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-26 13:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I said perhaps, haven't done in-depth thought on the matter. I was 15/15 before the lamp 'nerf'. You should probably keep in mind that these changes are unlikely to go active before the embrava nerf, otherwise it's basically free rein for the time in between.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-10-26 13:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
People are giving you ***because you're just posting rude, arrogant ***. You seem like you have a severe social disorder.

lol
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-26 13:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kohanu said: »
I see it more like "here, I brought you significantly less ice cream than the people that got it first but look, sprinkles!"
Why would you care that other people got it easier than you? There's no real PVP so it's not like you're competing against them.

Here's another analogy:

A rich man is giving away free money to people. He gives some people $5,000. He gives some other people $1000. You are one of the ones that was given $1000. Do you complain about how MUCH free money you got or are you just happy to get free money?
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
Server: Cerberus
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-10-26 14:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad they did this, it will open up more jobs to NNI instead of just 2 sch and 4 dd's. Not everyone wants to take the time to lvl sch and get all the gear that comes with it.
I use SCH as an example, because it's the only job people shout for or need when they put these groups together.

As someone already pointed out 1 piece every week (legit) Is probably the better change.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-26 14:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kohanu said: »
Why would you care that other people got it easier than you? There's no real PVP so it's not like you're competing against them. Here's another analogy: A rich man is giving away free money to people. He gives some people $5,000. He gives some other people $1000. You are one of the ones that was given $1000. Do you complain about how MUCH free money you got or are you just happy to get free money?

I have a persecution complex. I'd want to know why I didn't rate. ;;
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-26 14:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Now all the peasants will have NNI gear :(
[+]
By Avitori 2012-10-26 14:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

I know it's terrible.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-26 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The churls shall be wearing our finery. =(
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-10-26 15:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Celll said: »
I'm glad they did this, it will open up more jobs to NNI instead of just 2 sch and 4 dd's. Not everyone wants to take the time to lvl sch and get all the gear that comes with it.
I use SCH as an example, because it's the only job people shout for or need when they put these groups together.

As someone already pointed out 1 piece every week (legit) Is probably the better change.

I think it's fine opening anything up to more jobs, but 1 to 99 sch and getting the necessary +2 literally took me 3 days. If that ~15 hours of effort combined with overnight afk leveling is too much to ask then how great are your other jobs?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-10-26 15:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well... at least you'd see less gimps by then :p
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7