Dear SE: Mythic Comment...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-23 20:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keeley said: »
If there were less gil in the economy, alex's would be cheaper.
Yes and no; probably no in the sense you're thinking. In an ideal environment with no prior state, costs would be reduced fairly proportionally across the board so their value would be roughly the same. Fixed costs at NPCs messes with this a bit.

This is not the case, however; we obviously have a prior state here. In practice, those with large sums of liquid gil would find them relatively cheaper but those with low buying power would find them more expensive. This would fluctuate for a bit as weak buyers drop out and more power buyers jump in, possibly even returning to a state similar to where we are now.

Regardless, the price of alex is tied to that of Dynamis currency right now and I don't see that changing for a while yet.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-23 20:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hasn't SE stated MULTIPLE times that they have no intention of easing the requirements to obtain a mythic?
By Quiznor 2012-08-23 20:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »
Hasn't SE stated MULTIPLE times that they have no intention of easing the requirements to obtain a mythic?

Hasnt stopped people whining.Its easier to shout over and over than it is to read and understand
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-23 21:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha.

Do you too find it comical that the only way to reach SE is through the wallet...

And yet none of these people will quit over it?
 Asura.Ekotren
Server: Asura
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-23 23:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Once again, 600m for any 1 item is too much. If they aren't going to ease the requirement for entry or up the flow of alexandrite coming in. Then whats the point?
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-08-23 23:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

God I hope SE doesn't change things so mythics will be as common as relics are now.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-23 23:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ekotren said: »
Once again, 600m for any 1 item is too much. If they aren't going to ease the requirement for entry or up the flow of alexandrite coming in. Then whats the point?

YES! Now show them how you really feel and cancel that SE account service!

That will teach them. Because... as you said:

"Then what's the point?"

(corrected for contraction)
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2012-08-24 03:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Tarquine said: »
Bahamut.Itze said: »
Asura.Ekotren said: »
Reduce the difficulty of Mythics to obtain; they are entirely too hard to obtain now adays. Even if you don't lower the 30,000 alexandrite needed, at least reduce the number of people needed to do the assaults / salvage(because this is the hardest part).

With Alexandrite at 20-25k per one, 30,000 of them costs around 600-650m to complete just ONE mythic weapon.

If you don't do either of the 2 above, at least make them drop in greater quanity, or make bosses of each zone drop 75%-100% of the time. Or make alexandrite drop from assaults and einherjar mobs as well. This would be to balance the scale back and make this an obtainable goal. With relics and emps at 100-150m, and mythics at 600m, no one wants to do these anymore.
Laughing my taru/cat *** off because of how simple it is to get 2 other people.

Well yes, it is for some people! For an assault I can solo, I often spend more time shouting for randoms to join just so I can enter. Even then, you are restricted to people who are eligible to enter on that level of assault!

How is it balanced then, that I am forced to shout for sometimes 60+ Mins, to complete an assault I can do in 5-10 minutes alone, which I have to wait 20 hours at a time to enter anyway...

Don't /shout for assault then......make a static with those also need captain(plenty of ppl that needs), setup a time to gather together. If you find your method inefficient, maybe try other way to do it?

Statics work for some, but not for all. Sad but true! I see your point that a static is a way around the problem, but that misses the real point, which is this :

Why should we have to work around the unnecessary problem of needing 3 people to enter assault? Is there any good reason why we have to have 3 people to enter an assault?
 Asura.Yoyou
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-08-24 05:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people still crying about this?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-08-24 05:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they still want them.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-24 06:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the player base that decided the price of alex back when salvage was popular it was 3k so 90mil for a mythic. SE cant really do anything about that. Just wished id have bought all the alex i could for 3k then sell it when the prices jumped lol.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-08-24 07:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
The point is it's supposed to be time consuming in a way relics weren't. The difference now is that they were also intended to be cheaper. Story-wise, you're supposed to be proving your worthiness to Nashmeira by demonstrating your dedication to the empire's needs.

Alexandrite should be fixed, not anything else.

This guy is a sensible person. Still, entry requirements are miserable in an environment with little incentive to do them.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-08-24 08:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, I don't usually post stuff in forums, but i'd like to say this cause of what's happening with alexandrites. As a mythic owner i can say that it is well worth the effort. And even though i didn't pay more than 15k per alex, I did payed around 10k - 12k each. And to me, is a fare price when u realize that almost noone is doing salvage anymore and that gil is a lot more accesible now than ever.
Back pre-abyssea era ppl payed up to 5k per alex, but back there ppl didn't make as much gil as they do now and alex was more readily available than now. So, if you think about it, in an effort point of view is still the same. Back then it was hard to see ppl walking around with 20M - 50M gil. Now u see ppl with that amount of gil walking around and even more, without even spending time on farmming gil like it was done back in the days. So, my point is, in term of effort/amount of gil, is still the same. Olny thing is that alex is just not that much available anymore.
Another thing about mythic that most ppl might not realize yet, is that it was meant to be in stages. First u needed captain rank just to get started, then get kings tittles and then start on the alex part. Alexandrite part was meant to be collected after ppl completed that stage, that's why u don't see them stack like u see currency where u can trade 100 for one that was equal to that amount. Now u see a lot of ppl getting alexandrites BEFORE they even get captain rank or get king tittles, and by doing so they make it even harder for ppl that do have the other requirements to collect the alexandrite they need. I bet there is a lot of mules jut stacking alexandrite but not working on getting themself a captain rank. I know ppl say that is good to start collecting them as soon as possible, but wile u do so, at least do yourself a favor and work on getting the other quests done too.
I started collecting alexandrites around a year ago once i had captain rank and I went to do salvage almost every single day i could to collect them and not just spamming every bazaar I saw. Believe me, doing slavage for alex makes it a lot easier. The olny prob with that is that it means u gotta do the EFORT of actully working for the mythic and not just buy it like u can do with relics and even empys.
If you think the mythic u want is worth the effort, then work for it, get yourself some friends and do the pre-requisites and spam salvage. Don't expect to find 30k alexandrites in a bazaar waitting for you to buy them at a very cheap price when you are not willing to work your *** to get them. Ppl are used to do so little and get a lot that now whatever means doing something that actully requires effort and time, is just not fare to them. Don't expect SE to make everything in the game so easy for you to get just becuase they made an event (abyssea) that is that easy. U want easy stuff, stick with abyssea but don't start posting crap to SE to change events to make them easier just because u are not willing to do the effort to get the stuff from them.
If you actully want a mythic u'll hop on and work for it, not just expect that SE hand it over to you. Depending on what mythic u want, is worth the effort, believe me.
Also yes, PUP mythic will outdmg a Vere avarage MNK easily. The automaton can do as much dmg as master and ppl need to realize that the automaton's dmg is part of a PUP's job.
[+]
 Phoenix.Keeley
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Keeley 2012-08-25 14:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think some people are missing the point. If people want a greater supply of Alex on the market, people need to be able to do the events for frequently.

Also, if a Mythic is not as great as a relic or w/e, then why bother with it. It sounds like some people simply want one to say they have one.
[+]
 Asura.Ekotren
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-26 11:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Keeley said: »
I think some people are missing the point. If people want a greater supply of Alex on the market, people need to be able to do the events for frequently.

Also, if a Mythic is not as great as a relic or w/e, then why bother with it. It sounds like some people simply want one to say they have one.
Well I want to do salvage, however i'm the only one I know because of the drops; however neo-salvage will most likely fix that. However if it doesn't then we are in the same boat unless neo-salvage is soloable much like dynamis.

I don't want people thinking i'm trying to advocate that mythics become easier or as easy to obtain as relic; because i'm not; however they are currently so far out of reach because of the price tag that only people that buy gil or have nothing better to spend there money on and feel like wasting years saving up are doing.

Also yagrush and burtgang at the very least can never be replaced IMO, they offer things no other item offers in that slot, which is the point.
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Server: Gilgamesh
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-08-28 10:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I suspect Alex's will drop substantially with this neo-salvage, that's just assuming it doesn't take the road of Neo-nyzul and be heavily luck based or the like.
Dont hold your breath, thats what SE said about Neo-Nyzul and alexandrite.