Dear SE: Mythic Comment...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-08-20 05:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tarquine said: »
Bahamut.Itze said: »
Asura.Ekotren said: »
Reduce the difficulty of Mythics to obtain; they are entirely too hard to obtain now adays. Even if you don't lower the 30,000 alexandrite needed, at least reduce the number of people needed to do the assaults / salvage(because this is the hardest part).

With Alexandrite at 20-25k per one, 30,000 of them costs around 600-650m to complete just ONE mythic weapon.

If you don't do either of the 2 above, at least make them drop in greater quanity, or make bosses of each zone drop 75%-100% of the time. Or make alexandrite drop from assaults and einherjar mobs as well. This would be to balance the scale back and make this an obtainable goal. With relics and emps at 100-150m, and mythics at 600m, no one wants to do these anymore.
Laughing my taru/cat *** off because of how simple it is to get 2 other people.

Well yes, it is for some people! For an assault I can solo, I often spend more time shouting for randoms to join just so I can enter. Even then, you are restricted to people who are eligible to enter on that level of assault!

How is it balanced then, that I am forced to shout for sometimes 60+ Mins, to complete an assault I can do in 5-10 minutes alone, which I have to wait 20 hours at a time to enter anyway...

My favorite past time is killing people in this game, and I was able to make some friends.

Merit CHR.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-20 05:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Assaults non soloable, necessity to do them twice, tags limit and Ein wait are the biggest problem imho. Tokens required seem a bit excessive as well.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-20 05:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
stuff

Issue lies in the fact that Mythics require so many things, which wouldn't be an issue provided 90% of those things didn't artificially increase the time it takes to finish the weapon due to long cooldowns between entries. The weapons costing anywhere from 500 to 600 million gil and requiring significant time investment (possibly investment of time you could be spending in another event, like Salvage or Neo Nyzul) is what makes a Mythic ridiculous to get at present, particularly when you compare the strength of a Mythic to a Relic or Empyrean weapon. For a Mythic to be a contender, you also need to stick to a pretty huge regimen of TP holding that simply isn't possible in some events on a consistent basis.

Effort:Reward is completely off kilter, the difficulty introduced in creating a Mythic is manifested only as an enormous timesink that tests your patience and will to waste resources on something that you could get much more easily out of another weapon in a fraction of the time. That's the issue.
 Asura.Ekotren
Server: Asura
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-20 07:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see some of the opinions of others, and also when I said salvage was difficult I meant to enter, not to do. If your doing 30k alex, if you could do assaults/salvage entrance solo, it would give people something to look forward too as well as lower the amount of alex cost.

Dynamis is soloable, why isn't salvage? total bs if you ask me
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-08-20 10:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All these people (specifially (Name Omitted)) raging they *** over and abandoned all their friends during the abyssea time,went solo + mule and now realizing their relics/empyreans arent achievements

Feel that sting?

Thats pride *** with you
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-08-20 10:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis and Salvage aren't the same exact thing, so why should you be able to solo Salvage? Excuse me but the rest of the players of the game are looking for slight challenge again with Salvage whenever they revamp it.

The only problem that Mythics have is Alexandrite supply. You can TH7 gears and have them drop no Alex multiple times in a row. Otherwise, Mythics are time-consuming but hey, that's the way they are. They're not hard. Assaults/Einherjar/Nyzul 1.0 barely require six people to clear/farm.

EDIT: To be honest, we need to go back to the low droprates like at 75 cap in Salvage, that way people get stuck doing it more and increasing the Alexandrite flow. Along with an Alexandrite droprate increase, of course.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-08-20 10:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Dynamis and Salvage aren't the same exact thing, so why should you be able to solo Salvage? Excuse me but the rest of the players of the game are looking for slight challenge again with Salvage whenever they revamp it.

The only problem that Mythics have is Alexandrite supply. You can TH7 gears and have them drop no Alex multiple times in a row. Otherwise, Mythics are time-consuming but hey, that's the way they are. They're not hard. Assaults/Einherjar/Nyzul 1.0 barely require six people to clear/farm.

Tihs,this and this x100!

Story of my life

Still hope they use the old school low drop rates for neo salvage

Edit again rq: Gears can drop up to 4 pieces of alex,its not even 100% on 1 piece with high levels of TH.Let alone seeing 3 or 4 pieces,get out of here
[+]
 Asura.Ekotren
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-20 10:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
All these people (specifially (Name Omitted)) raging they *** over and abandoned all their friends during the abyssea time,went solo + mule and now realizing their relics/empyreans arent achievements

Feel that sting?

Thats pride *** with you
That's some pretty big assumptions there. Trying to derail the thread already; and it's only page 2. Shocked.
 Cerberus.Harunn
Server: Cerberus
user: Harun677
By Cerberus.Harunn 2012-08-20 10:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So why shouldn't something take long to get again?

Since when was this game all about soloing every single thing? O.o
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-08-20 10:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

Feel that sting?

Thats pride *** with you
That's some pretty big assumptions there. Trying to derail the thread already; and it's only page 2. Shocked.

So then whats the issue you're having with having 2 friends (or evne 1 friend + a mule one of you likely has) and doing something that doesnt take long next and beats afk'ing in PJ complaining there isnt anything to do?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-20 10:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

making my mythic was the most fun i had in ffxi. now that im done, im terribored, so im going to start gymnastics.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-08-20 10:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

just wait for salvage 2.0 before you start asking for them to make it easier. the only hard part beside alex (which will prolly be getting a small fix when 2.0 releases) is getting enough ppl to meet all the entry requirements. and those might not even be all that hard, if the alex shortage issue is fixed up, and more ppl start trying to make mythics

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ekotren
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-20 11:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Harunn said: »

There's nothing wrong with making something hard to get. It's not like i'm asking d.ring be given a higher drop rate. I think that's a fair drop rate. Makes it rare still.

But 600m for 1 item? Comon... that's a little rediculous, this isn't a job, this is a game. Nothing should ever cost more to obtain than 5 kclubs.

As far as the comment about finding friends, not everyone wants to waste there time doing 90minutes of salvage everyday for 6months(that's the math assuming you get 75-100 alex per run). Even if people warp you out, that's still pretty rediculous to have to resort to a glitch/game error in programming to get you by solo into a zone. Why not just drop the requirement for salvage at the very least, make it solo entry but keep assaults the same. That would make it so much better. Even if you keep drop rates the same, you make this goal soloable but still VERY HARD(expecially since solo you'd be lucky to get 50 alex a run).

In conclusion, i'm not asking it become as easy as relic or emp, that would be stupid. But at the same time 600m for 1 item is rediculous, even by today's economy. And farming it even if you had 2 mules to get you in, or 2 friends, would still put you at way more time than it should. This isn't a fulltime job.. 600m wtf SE
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-20 11:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

you know, it doesnt have to be a full time job, it just takes consistency. i finished mine in about 8 months, while also finishing my undergrad and staying in shape.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-20 11:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They've merely *announced* salvage updates and Alex has already dropped in price by 30% on Fenrir.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-20 12:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Harunn said: »

There's nothing wrong with making something hard to get. It's not like i'm asking d.ring be given a higher drop rate. I think that's a fair drop rate. Makes it rare still.

But 600m for 1 item? Comon... that's a little rediculous, this isn't a job, this is a game. Nothing should ever cost more to obtain than 5 kclubs.

As far as the comment about finding friends, not everyone wants to waste there time doing 90minutes of salvage everyday for 6months(that's the math assuming you get 75-100 alex per run). Even if people warp you out, that's still pretty rediculous to have to resort to a glitch/game error in programming to get you by solo into a zone. Why not just drop the requirement for salvage at the very least, make it solo entry but keep assaults the same. That would make it so much better. Even if you keep drop rates the same, you make this goal soloable but still VERY HARD(expecially since solo you'd be lucky to get 50 alex a run).

In conclusion, i'm not asking it become as easy as relic or emp, that would be stupid. But at the same time 600m for 1 item is rediculous, even by today's economy. And farming it even if you had 2 mules to get you in, or 2 friends, would still put you at way more time than it should. This isn't a fulltime job.. 600m wtf SE

So... don't do it?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-08-20 12:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

still, things are likely to change with neo salvage. I doubt its going to change alex aquisition dramatically, but just wait a lil longer before drawing conclusions. As long as they make the neo salvage gear epic as hell, and low drop rates so ppl have to do it more than 2 months to get all the sets, im sure there will be tons of ppl willing to help you enter salvage. not to mention, if SE stays with their limbus style upgrades like they said they would, ppl are going to have to farm up all the OLD gear as well, and im pretty sure there arnt too many ppl with those sets either. I've been spamming salvage for a while, and there are certain pieces that just never seem to want to drop. Hold on to your opinions for now, and wait till we see how salvage ends up. Could go either way
[+]
 Asura.Ekotren
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-08-20 12:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
you know, it doesnt have to be a full time job, it just takes consistency. i finished mine in about 8 months, while also finishing my undergrad and staying in shape.
Consistancy is one thing, 300-400m fine w/e, but that's half a BILLION gil for 1 item lol, this isn't a set of items, this isn't even fair, the amount of alex for sale isn't alot because no one wants to do it. No one does salvage anymore unless they want the alex. And certainly not everyday.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-08-20 12:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Update assault:

1) No one does assault because you need at least 3 people.
2) Everyone is using tags on Nyzul
3) Everyone does the high point assaults to get a remnant pass for Salvage.

I know this is a little off topic but the Assault gear sucked in the first place. The could make it so you can spend assault points to get Nyzul armor.

And people complaining about alexandrites. Just wait until the Salvage update. Still too much? Upgrade an empyrean just like everyone else. Not everyone can get a mythic.
By Demule 2012-08-20 12:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Mythic Summary:

What did I just read...wait, I didnt read it. Anyways it seems to be that most people, ones that are upset anyways, want this to be an offline game where they play with themselves.

Where does this come from? why do you want to solo everything and get all the best gear from just soloing with 2-3 mules. Do you people not like other people or not have any friends?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-20 12:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll reiterate.

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
They've merely *announced* salvage updates and Alex has already dropped in price by 30% on Fenrir.

'-'

Dolla' sto' mythics for everyone.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-08-20 12:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Because shouting for two other people to get clears for assaults is hard? Not -everyone- is still doing Neo-Nyzul Isle and regardless, you're going to have to clear all of the assaults again for Stage2 of making a Mythic so you're gonna have to get used to it. There's numerous assaults that can't be cleared solo as well, so if not being able to get a few friends or people from shout to help is stopping you, you might as well give up now.
Not to mention, assuming there can only be so many instances of each Salvage zone, would get extremely annoying for groups if the zones were always full of soloers.
 Sylph.Takitu
Server: Sylph
user: takito
By Sylph.Takitu 2012-08-20 12:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Once I had this debate with some friends... While one of them did almace from 90 to 95... with the same money the other guy made his Excalibur 95.....

Really that is some of the stuff I consider it's really broken

The +2 on a stat and more dmg compared to a full new relic.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-08-20 12:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Takitu said: »
Once I had this debate with some friends... While one of them did almace from 90 to 95... with the same money the other guy made his Excalibur 95.....

Are you calling for more balance?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2012-08-20 12:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You really can't think like this and expect to have top notch ***on FFXI. So what my next argument for you is this; what happens when this said Excalibur gets to 95? You could make another relic (roughly) at the same price at the marrows. And last thing, last time I checked Almace 95 > Excalibur 95 so hmmm.
 Valefor.Savain
Server: Valefor
user: Savain
By Valefor.Savain 2012-08-20 13:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Read what Pro said on page 1 about effort vs. gain.

If one reads it, and still thinks Mythic acquisition is balanced, there's no arguing with them, cause they're dead set on an erroneous opinion, and should probably refrain from posting their opinion to help stop facilitating the spread of stupidity about the false "hardship" or "accomplishment" of finishing a Mythic over a relic or emperyean.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2012-08-20 13:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Savain said: »
Read what Pro said on page 1 about effort vs. gain. If you read it, and still think Mythic acquisition is balanced, there's no arguing with you, cause you're dead set on an erroneous opinion, and should probably refrain from posting your opinion to help stop facilitating the spread of stupidity.

If this is @ me continue reading if not don't. You're the stupid person here considering I was talking about the difference in Almace to 90->95 vs a brand new Excalibur. Almace which is an Empyrean and Excalibur which is a Relic in case you were herping and derping while you read my post.
 Sylph.Takitu
Server: Sylph
user: takito
By Sylph.Takitu 2012-08-20 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Killza said: »

You really can't think like this and expect to have top notch ***on FFXI. So what my next argument for you is this; what happens when this said Excalibur gets to 95? You could make another relic (roughly) at the same price at the marrows. And last thing, last time I checked Almace 95 > Excalibur 95 so hmmm.

Getting marrows its easier than getting the 1500 plates... just get 6 ppl together and if with that you cant kill ADL Then just buy them.. But you cant get 6 ppl and expect to get the 1500 plates in the same time....

And I what I ment it was just the transition from 90 to 95 to a WHOLE new weapon I hope you can understand now...
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-20 17:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just some random points:

Salvage isn't restricted by the Journal process, permits are only 500 points now.

You can get 8-9k Tokens from Nyzul a run. This part should take 19 days or so.

Einherjar isn't too bad if a market for the items you can trade for the KIs to enter has started on your server. Granted, it'd still take 3 months for this part if you were starting from 0 tokens.

Alexandrite can be ...uh... well.. yeah. But the prices are already declining rapidly.