Dear SE: Mythic Comment...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
Dear SE: Mythic Comment...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-08-23 14:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

People are actuly finishing weapons with 30k alex wich means it can be done rough guess maby take a year to do if you try and back in the day dident it take a year+ to get a relic if you actuly tryed? I did my apoc casualy so took 3 years but w/e it is part of the chalange of the game if you want a easy game go play wow
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 14:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Abolishing the need to get Captain twice would too.

Doesn't fit the story.

It's a redundancy that serves little purpose other than to add 40~46 days onto the time of completing the Mythic... I don't see the point. What bit of a Mythic makes it worth the superfluous amount of time required to make one?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 14:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is it's supposed to be time consuming in a way relics weren't. The difference now is that they were also intended to be cheaper. Story-wise, you're supposed to be proving your worthiness to Nashmeira by demonstrating your dedication to the empire's needs.

Alexandrite should be fixed, not anything else.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-23 14:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about the "difficulty" (difference between difficult and nauseatingly, inefficiently time consuming), in fact I wouldn't mind at all if all three weapon types were made more difficult to acquire. I.e., problem isn't the "social" aspect, or the "difficulty", it's the massive disparity in effort:reward between Mythics and Relics/Emps.

for the sake of ease of comprehension let's say you get 100 alex a run on average..... That's a minimum of 300 days to get a mythic and we haven't even looked at the other requirements yet (50 days of assaults -assuming no fails- before you can even START nyzul points, all TOAU kings, ~50 einherjar clears, ~75 nyzul clears, and a full ZNM path.....)
I know some of you who are reading this are thinking that this other stuff is nothing (i'm relatively ok with the non-alex req as long as i don't even have to do it twice on one char) but think about hwo many other things you could be doing in game. If you have a NNI set, you effectively can't do ***towards assaults and regular nyzul. You better hope you have assault points stored up for all the salvage too....
I'm not going to drive myself mad by actually mathing out the hours invested but it's vastly more work than a relic. You could make make a relic in ~84 days doing dynamis solo and never buying a coin (assuming you get 200 currency). Now figure you need 3 to enter salvage, who if they used the 2 hours a day to help you dynamis instead.... you could pull WAAAAY more currency. make it 350. You're now down to only farming 48 days to make a relic.

48/300= 6-1/4 relics in the time you make a mythic assuming you magically have all other trials for mythic done but alex. This is all probably ***math and exaggeration but i've helped roomate get 20000 alex in the past 6 months and have already decided "unless the moogle graces me with a mythic i'm never doing this again".
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 14:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is it's supposed to be time consuming in a way relics weren't. The difference now is that they were also intended to be cheaper. Story-wise, you're supposed to be proving your worthiness to Nashmeira by demonstrating your dedication to the empire's needs.

Alexandrite should be fixed, not anything else.

So make Mythics better. Problem solved, everyone's happy.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 14:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

NNI has very limited shelf life. Salvage isn't restricted by the Journal process.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-23 14:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I endured making a mythic and I'm gonna kill everyone on all servers if they make it easier cause I'm gonna be so butthurt.

inb4 flame, just a joke.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-23 14:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

NNI has very limited shelf life. Salvage isn't restricted by the Journal process.

Well yeah, I was more just trying to paint a picture for the hoi polloi who haven't really budgeted out what goes into a mythic.

Sorry lol. I'm at work and terrible at multi-tasking so 30 mins often go by before i "send" a response. I was typing that long before you guys started going back and forth.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 14:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually advocating something to be done about the price of Alexandrite, though. Everything else lines up with how Mythics were designed to be. :s

If they make them easier, I can make more, so it's not exactly problematic, but it doesn't make sense that they do.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-08-23 14:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE: Do you even read anything other than your own forums?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-23 14:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
Dear SE: Do you even read anything other than your own forums?
Mickey Mouse?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 14:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, my only issue is their relative strength and relative time to create as compared to other legendary weapons lol. Buff them up so they don't have to rely on a OA2-3 300TP WS every couple of minutes and/or increase the strength of the more derpy weapons and it'd be perfect.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-23 14:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It just sucks because if alex becomes..... easier or in higher supply, everyone will think they're attainable and start buying alex. That would just make more mythics, not cheaper ones.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 14:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The demand increase outweighing supply would only be brief until the people who over-estimated their abilities opted out. It's what happened for Dynamis currency, anyways.

This is assuming they do it right.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 15:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh, the people who thing Mythics will be super easy peasy cheap and deezy (tm) to make and they'll be able to pump them out in no time flat/think they have the resources and thus AREN'T SPENDING THEIR AMPOULES FOR LS EVENTS are dumbfucks, to be quite frank.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-23 15:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn phone cant do quotes right my post wasnt a troll 2 people for salvage and 1 mule einherjar requires 6 but six people or mules isnt hard to find and 3 for nyzul isnt hard either. Relics you can solo up till dyna trials but dyna has been designed for soloing now. Back before the change you needed a whole alliance for dyna. ZNMs like i said can be trio'd. Takes more work than what people are used to in dyna or.abyssea bu refer bqck to when i said people are stuck in abyssea mode. We completed 2 lines in a couple of hours half of that was running around. So apart from 6 people every 3 days for 10mims you dont need that many people.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-23 16:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

From all the posts I've seen on here about the Mythics and how they overpower only some Empys.. no one mentions Yagrush for WHMs.

That alone is enough to wish I wasn't lazy/didn't have work/didn't have a life/didn't have a family/didn't have a BF to try and get one.

It sucks the amount of work/gil it would take to make my WHM better.. but honestly I'm really good without it.

If they made it easier.? Maybe I'd get a group together and try for one, but until then, I enjoy playing the game casually and one piece isn't worth 1 year of my time... I already spent half that trying for a damn shiny robe that took over my life for that period of time...

....CELAENO CAN SUCK MY SHOES.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 16:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't worth the effort
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-23 16:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-23 16:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quality of life booster for an already boring to play job rather than a significant enhancement
By Quiznor 2012-08-23 16:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'f imagine its like that RDM mythic at 75. Its not essential to be good,but it breaks the.game for those that have it
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-23 16:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quality of life booster for an already boring to play job rather than a significant enhancement
^

Quiznor said: »
I'f imagine its like that RDM mythic at 75. Its not essential to be good,but it breaks the.game for those that have it
The only way that Murgleis breaks the game is the massive outbreak of OH GOD WHY that it causes. It's ***.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-23 16:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt the rdm mythic a sword? Yeah, sounds worthless
By Quiznor 2012-08-23 17:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a sword yeah but i think i remember hearing the convert effect was beast and so broken on it
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-23 17:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Its a sword yeah but i think i remember hearing the convert effect was beast and so broken on it
only converting half your HP into a full MP pool.. totally not broken. lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-23 17:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You heard wrong. 75 Murgleis doubled the HP -> MP conversion rate, but only if your HP was above 50% to begin with.

There's an unsourced claim on BGwiki that 99 Murgleis triples the conversion rate for both HP and MP and no mention of a minimum requirement, but that's the first I've heard of such a thing. Would make it slightly less terrible, but still a pretty weak weapon for an already crippled job.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-23 17:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I dont even know what to say to that
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-23 17:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
You heard wrong. 75 Murgleis doubled the HP -> MP conversion rate, but only if your HP was above 50% to begin with.

There's an unsourced claim on BGwiki that 99 Murgleis triples the conversion rate for both HP and MP and no mention of a minimum requirement, but that's the first I've heard of such a thing. Would make it slightly less terrible, but still a pretty weak weapon for an already crippled job.
hmmm.. you bring a good point.. then again what RDM in their outright mind would drop down to that low HP to convert anyways.. solo? O.o
 Phoenix.Keeley
By Phoenix.Keeley 2012-08-23 19:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything should be changed it should be the regeneration rate on ID tags. One every 24 hours is too limiting to really enjoy all the ToAU has to offer, especially if one is playing catch-up.

I think some people are missing the bigger picture here, as SE has said. If these events were opened to solo'rs, there are only so many instances that can be up at one time. This would definitely encourage people to do these events simply for the gil, especially RMTs and likely more people would be waiting to get in rather than actually participating.

If there were less gil in the economy, alex's would be cheaper. The community sets the price, can't blame SE for that. The price has less to do with supply and more with the fact that people have the disposable income to pay whatever price the seller is asking for.
[+]