Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Pup in Neo Nyzul
Pup in Neo Nyzul
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2012-08-18 22:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, Why dnc? Never did NNI with dnc what am I missing with it?
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-08-18 22:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Some people only have Mage jobs like Whm and Smn and Blm, so Pup is their DD not everyone has all jobs 99 with pimp gear. So if they have pup Still do not see why they can not do NNI

So level another job? I like pup and all, but the JA delay + pets not getting embrava make it sub-par for this event. Bst is in the same boat. If you have h2h merits/vere for pup, why wouldn't you at least level mnk?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-18 22:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, Why dnc? Never did NNI with dnc what am I missing with it?
And additional 10% JA haste, which is going to be about 45-47% increase in attack speed for non hasso users, and cap attack speed for hasso users, just doing it in my head. And they also slaughter fodder mobs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2012-08-18 22:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Traxus Some people simply do not like Monk or War or Drk or Heavy DD, they Like Pet jobs like Smn Pup Bst. I have all jobs 99 but I have a number of friend who do not like Non pet jobs. I am asking for their sake
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-08-18 22:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't the old level cap 75 days. You can basically get a job 1-99 in a day and skill up/gear in about a week fairly easily. Sometimes you just have to level a job for an event. It's the way it is.
[+]
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-08-18 23:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the big thing about nyzul isle is alot of running and embrava, jobs like SAM WAR and DRK can get 100+ tp running and 1 shot or almost 1 shot mobs with a WS, Pup is mostly white damage. Monk is good because it can formless strikes and its high hp/counter etc lets it survive easily.

Ive never tried pup in NNI (not with embrava anyway) so i can't say for sure, im sure a good pup can do better than a shitty sam etc, especially with enfire, but for the most part pup is subpar for this event
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-18 23:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
the big thing about nyzul isle is alot of running and embrava, jobs like SAM WAR and DRK can get 100+ tp running and 1 shot or almost 1 shot mobs with a WS, Pup is mostly white damage. Monk is good because it can formless strikes and its high hp/counter etc lets it survive easily.

Bolded: Not sure if relevant. Also don't discount the dmg of pummel or smite on pup. Those are two pretty nice WS. Again, not saying pup is like god in NNI, but just sayin, it's not THAT bad imho. /shrug. Carry on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2012-08-18 23:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Bolded: Not sure if relevant. Also don't discount the dmg of pummel or smite on pup. Those are two pretty nice WS. Again, not saying pup is like god in NNI, but just sayin, it's not THAT bad imho. /shrug. Carry on.

lol okay yeah. No but seriously @ OP tell your friends just to level MNK and gear it up, should only take 3 days tops to be near top gear -NNI ofc. Will be way easier than convincing any group that "My pup is good guys seriously", when it's hard enough to let a MNK join just because WAR / SAM / DRK ***on it so much.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-08-18 23:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Formless strikes for the PDT Custard is a MASSIVE Help. Huge. Don't discount it.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-18 23:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
OK: Aside from Sch @ 99 What other jobs would you have Before pup?
WAR, MNK, DRK, Kraken-RNG, SAM, DRG, BLU, DNC, Last Stand-COR, my resident relic DD WHM, and potentially even THF.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-18 23:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

Formless strikes for the PDT Custard is a MASSIVE Help. Huge. Don't discount it.

It can help, but it's also not necessary. There are plenty of ways through it.

Scholars, Requiescat, Tomahawk, etc.

Monk isn't exactly ideal but it's more than adequate.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-18 23:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ok Balloon, I guess that's a fair point, on an extremely situational occurrence. I'll concede that, but I'm not sure formless strikes is a selling point to take any DD. Not to mention pup's quick ability to change DD types for their puppet on demand. Also a blu should be wrecking said custard anyways :P
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 00:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ok Balloon, I guess that's a fair point, on an extremely situational occurrence. I'll concede that, but I'm not sure formless strikes is a selling point to take any DD. Not to mention pup's quick ability to change DD types for their puppet on demand. Also a blu should be wrecking said custard anyways :P

It's not, because any decent group is going to have no problem getting through PDT custard through at least one of the many methods to get through it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-19 00:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP doesn't exactly have a quick way to change pets. Especially when the entire time, you're not doing damage unless you're auto attacking something.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-19 00:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
WAR, MNK, DRK, Kraken-RNG, SAM, DRG, BLU, DNC, Last Stand-COR, my resident relic DD WHM, and potentially even THF.

Show me the loot pool screenshot from that and I'll be impressed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 00:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming intelligent players and top of the line gear, SCH SCH PUP MjolWHM DNC BLU will probably do only slightly worse than SCH SCH DRK WAR DRK SAM.

Edit: I can count.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 00:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »

Show me the loot pool screenshot from that and I'll be impressed.

http://guildwork.com/users/amagaeru

Look at the obtained item 1 day ago.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-19 00:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming intelligent players and top of the line gear, SCH SCH PUP MjolWHM DNC BLU MNK will probably do only slightly worse than SCH SCH DRK WAR DRK SAM.

PUP is so bad, it has to go in a group of 7.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 00:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming intelligent players and top of the line gear, SCH SCH PUP MjolWHM DNC BLU MNK will probably do only slightly worse than SCH SCH DRK WAR DRK SAM.

PUP is so bad, it has to go in a group of 7.

:)
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2012-08-19 00:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly you're asking a bit much OP. Get on SCH and hope you join a group that can even get to floor 100. (I have yet to join a single PUG that could)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-19 00:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to convince a group to actually let me go melee WHM at some point.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2012-08-19 01:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to convince a group to actually let me go melee WHM at some point.

Lets do it. You're {Impossible to Gauge}
By luckycharms1877 2012-08-19 01:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Pup haters... So pathetic
Hardly. My PUP is one of the best around, I just know when and when not to use it over obviously better options.

Perfectly Put Best reply ever. If only more people understood that.
By luckycharms1877 2012-08-19 01:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Soulstealers said: »
Can pup fit into neo nyzul?

lol Soul didnt we talk about this already..... I'm pretty sure i said Mnk is the better choice for it. As much as I Love my Pup I understand that there are some places Puppetmasters just should not be. Once you understand that, maybe you to can be a better Puppetmasters.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-08-19 01:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

All things considered, As others have said, a good 5 man group can support a 'leech', So if you had say, great gear and a 99 Kenkonken or something, I can't imagine you'd be too awful a DD to the point you'd cause consistent losses.

Neo-Nyzul is really though, Just one of those events where optimal is in most instances the only way you'll reach floor 100 in any reliable way, So its hard to fit lesser DD jobs into that.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-19 01:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say KKK would definitely put pup into a level that is a "good" DD anyways though Karb.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-08-19 01:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ok Balloon, I guess that's a fair point, on an extremely situational occurrence. I'll concede that, but I'm not sure formless strikes is a selling point to take any DD.
Have your DRK(s) equip Twilight scythe, enjoy said PDT Custard dying in a few seconds even without Souleater up.

MNK :/

As for weapon changing the job that much, Maths would be required.
Most jobs can chew Nyzul not because of their weapons, but because of how they can be played and their normal mechanics.

I have a hard time believing Kenkonken making PUP viable whereas any other weapon can't.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-08-19 01:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP doesn't exactly have a quick way to change pets. Especially when the entire time, you're not doing damage unless you're auto attacking something.
This statement could not be more true. Even a skilled PUP switching puppets on the fly requires, and I'm probably being very generous on this one, a minimum of ~30sec to switch puppets and equip useful attachments. That's not accounting for possible server lag during the process. During which you can't exactly WS very efficiently, which will only hurt your damage more. :/
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-19 01:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-08-19 02:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
ok Balloon, I guess that's a fair point, on an extremely situational occurrence. I'll concede that, but I'm not sure formless strikes is a selling point to take any DD.
Have your DRK(s) equip Twilight scythe, enjoy said PDT Custard dying in a few seconds even without Souleater up.

MNK :/

As for weapon changing the job that much, Maths would be required.
Most jobs can chew Nyzul not because of their weapons, but because of how they can be played and their normal mechanics.

I have a hard time believing Kenkonken making PUP viable whereas any other weapon can't.

That's absolutely true, our drks didn't have the scythe though unfortunately, and having that to utilize did help us.