user: Meez
By Phoenix.Meez 2009-05-31 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Ihm said:
Frobeus said:
Ihm said:
Frobeus said:
2 Bards or brd/cor is a must for bird xp pts. You don't need more than 3 DD's.

A bird pt w/o 2brd or brd/cor isn't worth going to.

If you only have one brd or cor, then I'd prob just use GKT.

Thats the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing I've ever heard...

If you're gonna say that, then you might as well say if its not a DRG burn then why fight birds...

That doesn't make sense. Sam only has a B rating in Pole, so it is extremely dependent on Gear and Support. If you lack in either your damage is going to suffer badly.

My Sam can beat 99% of Drg's anyway, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

You said, if you dont have 2 BRDs/CORs then a pt isn't worth going too... which is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE...

Trust me, nothing will compaire to a DRG burn on Colibri, if you think otherwise, then you are very very very wrong.

I am not very very very wrong. 3 Sam/War using Poles with great gear and 2 brds will crush 3 Drg/Sam with great gear and 2 brds. I've parsed against great Drg's and won easily. Sam's tp gain with the correct support using pole is pretty much broken. Double March, Haste, Hasso, 22% DA rate, 5/5 Meditate Merits, Sekkanoki, on top of a 5 hit build is wild.

thats the dumbest ***i ever heard...
 Titan.Crypter
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Detsurin
By Titan.Crypter 2009-05-31 13:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM/WAR > DRG/SAM with the right gear and merits. I do 1600-2800 Penta Thrusts to those birds.
[+]
 Asura.Kyoroku
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kyoroku 2009-05-31 17:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Faythful said:
Frobeus said:
3 Sam/War using Poles with great gear and 2 brds will crush 3 Drg/Sam with great gear and 2 brds. I've parsed against great Drg's and won easily.

Ihm said:

Erm... thats not a DRG burn... DRG burn is 5xDRG/Mage + BRD...

Frobeus said:
This setup can't touch 3 sam , 2 brd, 1 rdm

I've done Drg burn pts, and sam burn pts-
Drg we did 3/4 drg 2/blu 1/2 /sam, RDM, BRD 1/2 and we run out of birds, mam's we dont break chain, but it sure gets close to losing it. But, were also pulling other pts mobs which sucks ***. So i'd rather 1 brd, 1rdm 4 dd and pull at a normal pace :)
Sam's pt's. 3/4 sam rdm brd 1/2 we usually have more repoping before they have even killed 1 floor lol..(please don't use the "they don't have my gear" or "they suck *** then" excuses, These are just regular players and good ones who have good gear. Not everyone in the game can be top notch top of the world)

I'd rather Drg burn, I like not being out of MP every 10 seconds because people think its fun to make the rdm want to scream out bloody murder because of the lack of MP. They help contribute to the overall party time and are always alot nicer. I dont mind tossing them a refresh instead of 5 cure IV's and they keep the brd alive on bad pulls if i cant.
lol *** hate DD and the elitest *** who jump on your *** because you cant keep up with their MP sinking ***.

anyways, yes you can kill them in 30 seconds, but they can also pecking flurry your *** and take a lot of MP from the mages. You don't have a mage job leveled from what i see, and you don't have DRG level'd so i guess you wouldn't know :(
Btw, when i get a double bard PT, Unless your Cluh, lol never seen any brds DD and do anything besides stand there. they are just decorative and to make the dd happy :( moar DD brds yes please!

Either you or your DD are doing something horridly wrong if you ever come close to running out of MP as an RDM in a meripo situation. Most likely the DD though, since the few pickup merit parties I've done contained completely idiotic DD that had no idea how to mitigate damage even with a gimp sub like /NIN (I generally insist my DD go /WAR or /SAM). That or one DD blows the rest out of the water and constantly has hate because the other DD are doing pathetic damage.

In regards to x3SAM/x2BRD/RDM setup, it's broken if your SAMs are remotely intelligence and are geared correctly. Meditate + Sekka is disgusting when your SAM's Penta's hit for 2k+ and they can do it back to back thanks to their mini-2hr job ability.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [126 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-04 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont bother, pack on the tonosma rice balls and riceball pieces and go apeshit!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-04 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lame necro.
Love the avatar.
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-10-04 14:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What the *** at the necro and this whole thread.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-10-05 14:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i personally only merit on my brd when there is another brd or cor in party, its too much stress for me to buff mage & DD's & then pull no thanks... i'll just end up getting overwhlemd and leave party within an hour or so. but when im another job i really dont care if there 2 brds or 1brd+cor lol as long as im not doing the heavy load, im just stand there and hit things lol