Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 224 225 226
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2012-08-17 13:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I can try to force invade you, and you kill me, i have like 8 mil souls on me atm. XD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-17 14:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I can just use the soul glitch next time I'm on.

I just have to recover from the crushing blow to my pride I took during my last PvP session. :<
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2012-08-17 15:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

using magic to enhance your main weapon is another option. i use iaito +15, it has a A rank in its mod to dex and is fast, very fast. it has a modest range. for long range targets i use washing pole, another katana.

depending on your secondary stat, be it faith or int, you can use darkmoon blade and/or sunlight blade (both faith), magic weapon and/or crystal magic weapon (both int).

both in combination with a fast weapon will boost your damage output for 60 seconds. the bleeding effect coupled with the swiftness and A rank dex boost makes it a deadly combo.

the trickiest thing is managing your stats. especially for a newer person to the game. try to plan out what you want to be and stick to upgrading those stats.

i really hope this helps. i know i win a lot with that setup and its quite fun. just remember to two hand it.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-17 15:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Enchanting a weapon for PvE play is somewhat gimmicky if it's not a boss fight. Magic Weapon not included due to the numerous charges it has.

A good stat set for a new player would be something like, whatever STR/DEX your character needs for the weapon you want to use and then dump enough points into END to get it to 40 and Attunement to 16 and the rest into VIT.

Turn whatever weapon you choose into a lightning weapon and you're mostly set.

The only issue would be the Catacombs and the fight against Nito. In which case, I'd personally put enough points into STR/DEX so you can use the Silver Knight Spear. The low scaling is made up for with it's rather high base damage and relative ease in upgrading. And it allows you to turtle behind a shield.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2012-08-17 16:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i can understand that. even without the enhancement, the bleed effect makes a few bosses short work. stray demon comes to mind. i havent played in a while but there are others that do bleed.

i guess i should have clarified that its mainly an option for pvp. but likie you said, it can still be powerful on bosses also.

in my first playthough i do remember doing faith because i wanted to throw lightning like gwyn in the opening scene. i just thought that was so bad ***.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-17 16:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, yeah. It's great for PvP if people actually allow you to get DMB up. But that's about as likely as getting into a proper duel instead of the 2-3 v 1 gangbangs if you go anywhere other than Undead Burg.

My current PvP build is a DMB enchanted Washing Pole +15 with a Chaos Rapier +5 offhand for turtles.

On the topic of Boss fights... I annihilated Gaping Dragon with a Ricard's Rapier +15 with Power Within and DMB up. One full R2 combo to it's face killed it. Twas Glorious.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-17 17:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Very impressive.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-18 00:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So hilarious...

Episode is quite funny, but the main part is at 5m 20s

I loved watching his Dark Souls series, but this is even better I think.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-18 00:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao. His voice is kinda annoying though.

In other news, it's time like my PvP session a few minutes ago that remind me I'm not entirely fond of the poise system. Or, at least the extent of it.

I mean, it's cool that it prevents stun-lock. I can dig that. Claymore and Moonlight Greatsword would be ridiculously over powered if it didn't.

But I dislike how there's absolutely no impact being registered at all.

Example: I got Dried Fingered into battles with the same person like, 5 times. He could run through a hit with a Washing Pole (taking 500ish damage at the same time) and then back stab me with a Rapier. And he could do so multiple times with no problem because such a build allows for Vitality gouging.

Blargh, just a little annoyed. :<

EDIT: Today seems to be Raenil Venting Day...
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-18 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nother PvP session this morning. Went much better than my last. messed around with Ricard's Rapier +14 (farming slabs sucks T_T) and I was pleasantly surprised at how much work it did.

Found out the running R1 attack sometimes dead-angles people depending on my distance from the target.

And for some reason, despite being having DMB up, people will try to tank hits to parry. And I suppose if i weren't aware of what they were trying it would work. In the end though, they just open themselves up to the obscenely deadly R2 combo.

Fantastic weapon. I think I'll be making another DMB character (after my next project, anyway) with a build centered around it. My current build was based on the Washing Pole.

And Nexdeus, I got that 135 to 158. If you're ever up for some PvP let me know.
By bubblybernie 2012-08-18 18:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I"M SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd for the pc release :D
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-18 18:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So much I have to ignore and not read for so long... :|
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-18 21:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so I tried to update before but my computer crashed..yeah..

this game is like those impossible mario mod games that you see on youtube.

Sens fortress was ridiculous. My bro came to watch me play because I was complaining so much. He said he wants to play now to see if its as hard as I say or if Im just mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I gave him the controller for a little bit and he killed me every few seconds..then again I didn't tell him what the controls were.

the giant iron boss thank gawd was a moron and jumped off the ledge and I only managed to weedle down about 35% of his health..he wont that hard but I felt like some dark souls god gave me this one blessing.

Then I went to anor londo which was the perfect zone ever! lots of big space! the monsters were tough but I had a ton of room and never felt crowded. Up until the end there when I was fighting a whole lot of those soldier dudes.

Also I got the soul glitch to work. I was trying to explain it to my brother, I was like "apparently to do it you have to do this and this and....omg I just did it!" but I did it on a soul that only gave 200 souls at a time so it took an eternity to do anything (it was also one of my few souls left). I got 1mil souls then lvld up to 88 and upgraded some armor/weapons lol.

unfortunately I ran out of items and such and still had to run through the entirety of the dungeon in order to get to the blacksmith to upgrade my equip more.

Im not sure if the extra levels really gave me that big of an advantage because I split up my souls into dex, vit, str and endurance...but my lightening halberd really helps.

The snorlax/pikachu boss in anorlondo was a scary one. Took me two tries but it was an eternity..lots and lots of backwards running.

then I died a billion times trying to get to Sif..dude those ghosts were ridiculous too.

then I walked into that painting in anor londo and I didn't realize it would have toxin and shiznit and I read that the boss does bloodloss and I think Im screwed..and I guess you cant leave back through the bridge. I died like a gajillion times in there already.
 Bismarck.Cicada
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-08-18 22:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Demons souls harder than Dark Souls or vice versa? I have Demons.. raged a lot at it.. wondering about Dark but I don't know if I want a rage tumor to form in my brain >:|
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-18 22:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
Is Demons souls harder than Dark Souls or vice versa? I have Demons.. raged a lot at it.. wondering about Dark but I don't know if I want a rage tumor to form in my brain >:|
It's a huge debate

I can see parts of dark souls that are easier than demon souls and vise versa. You get more healing in demon souls, but i think that means they make monsters a bit more aggressive (i hope).

I haven't played demon souls though. I didn't find Dark Souls to be that difficult honestly.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2012-08-18 22:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I found Dark Souls to be harder overall. Demon Souls was fun, but I think Dark Souls was more challenging for myself.
Once you get good at either game though, its not too difficult, first time around though, it can be tough as nails.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-18 22:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Painted World of Ariamis is my favorite area in the game... it also has the enemy I hate the most in it.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2012-08-18 22:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Which enemy?
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-18 22:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

that fookin wheel skeleton? it can diaf
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-18 23:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
that fookin wheel skeleton? it can diaf
And the evil crows...

Sure, all you have to do is walk towards them in open areas... but in close corners /rage

Wheel Skeletons.... oh god.... sure, if I use a silver knight spear they are easy.. but with a bow... I wasn't happy.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-18 23:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been killed by a couple of those harpies..never actually managed to kill one though..because usually Im running through and training everything.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-18 23:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Priscilla is a pushover. The only difficult thing about her is cutting her tail off if you want her dagger. Just watch for her foot steps in the snow. Also, you can find the Blood Shield in Ariamis and that gives you a lot of bleed resistance. There's also the fact that Priscilla will let you leave with no problems. You have to attack her to aggro her.

Toxic from the bloated guys can be avoided if you roll away as soon as you kill them. With a fast or ninja flip roll anyway.

I've found I don't really mind the Bone Wheels (in Ariamis) anymore. Eagle Shield completely stops them in their tracks. And it's pretty difficult to get more than one on you at a time. Well, besides this one time I got to deal with Black Phantom Bone Wheels. Holy *** ***, that was terrifying. Ate my Eagle Shield +15 like no tomorrow and then nearly one shot me with the final hit of the spin.

Catacombs ones are a different story though. They move in packs! D:
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-19 09:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Tumblr.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-08-19 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone needs help on PS3, I'm running a SL60~65 character through stuff at the moment. She has access to almost everywhere; just need to do New Londo Ruins and side with Kaathe because screw siding with Frampt and the Anor Londo guys.

I'd say Dark Souls is harder than Demon's on the whole. If you've played Demon's the combat won't be anything too difficult for you on the whole (just beware some enemies can Riposte you) but the environments are a lot more challenging (eg Tomb of the Giants, Sen's Fortress, etc)...
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2012-08-19 15:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

just finished through anor londo on my fist and/or fist weapons only character (shield still allowed). have divine and fire caestus +5 and a lightning caestus +4 atm

never knew that super Orm was so much easier than super smo <_<... literally just stood right next to him most of the time while repeatedly punching
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-19 16:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Super Smough is easier if you're using magic/bows cause of how slow he is.

But as long as you hump Super Ornsteins left leg, he's complete cake for melee.
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-08-19 16:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is a Dark Souls thread but uh >.> I have a question about Demons Souls.. Is there an easier way to deal with Mind Flayers in the Tower of Latria? My class is Royalty and I can pretty much 2 shot most enemies but mind flayers take me down easy :|
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2012-08-19 16:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

long range, take them out with a bow. the short cut ones, just wait till their backs are turned, two hand you weapon and slash or smash them to bits. if they see you they can stun you. im guessing you know what happens when you are stunned lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-08-19 16:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah ; ; first time entering I was like "Oh new monster!" /runs up to it with sword ready STUN KILL DIE.. scary stuff :|
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-19 17:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Using Darkmoon Blade is a legit reason for someone to flask in a duel.

Sometimes, I wonder about people. Well, okay, more than sometimes. ._.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 224 225 226