By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-07-22 18:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well put lol.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-07-22 19:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of beign able to do nearly anything you want with the game... I'm really struggling with that Bow Only challenge.

It's hard adjusting to having no shield nor a quick attack upon exiting a roll. And there's no way to break an enemies guard. And nearly every enemy in the beginning has a shield.

It's immensely fun. If very very frustrating. <_<
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-22 19:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two ways I see it being acceptable. With or without a shield, but no other weapons for 1 hand.

Switching between shield when you need to and back to bow when you don't.

I think both are acceptable, but I like it w/o a shield the most.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-22 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also using only the starting armor and upgrading it at the first blacksmith, also using pharis's hat and bow.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-07-22 20:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No shield felt more.. authentic? for an archer type thing. And I suppose I DO have a way of breaking guards, but it's a bit annoying to have to do fairly often when I could just kick with a melee weapon.

Anyway, left hand the bow so you can back punch enemies. They're stunned for a bit when they get back up.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-22 20:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to try that
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2012-07-22 21:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly this is one of the most fun games I have played in quiet a while. The difficulty in the beginning can be enough to make you ragequit, but if you can master the enemies movement patterns and recognize attacks it becomes A LOT easier. The mechanics such as leveling and upgrading are explained pretty thoroughly and the story line is easy to follow.

As for the concept of PVP, this is what I LOVE the most. While adventuring online if you're in human mode, you're constantly checking over your shoulder to see if anyone is invading your world to steal your humanity. Or vice versa, you can be hunting down people for your own evil fun or to be a spirit of vengeance and serve justice to those who have done wrong!

There's no lines really in waiting for PVP when you're seeking it if you're solely going for that. You can simply wait in an area and wait for the baddies to show up on your front door and smack them up.

Also the jolly co-operation is fantastic! If players are invading your world or if a boss is too hard, just summon a friendly spirit to aid you in combat! Both of you receiving souls and rewards for your hard work.

TL;DR Game is awesome, both PVE and PVP.

So sad my PS3 died and corrupted all of my Dark Souls data. :(
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-07-23 11:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother managed to corrupt his Dark Souls data.

It's what he gets for rage quitting during PvP and shutting off the PS3 when he's losing, I suppose.

At least it didn't do anything to my data. I'd have destroyed him if it had. >:|
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-26 21:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls get substantial discount on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360

July 22, 2012 | By: Shui Ta

Amazon is currently offering a substantial discount for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the multiplatform title, Dark Souls. The online retailer is slashing 43% off of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $39.99. As a result, you can get the product for just $22.99. Not to mention that it is also eligible for free shipping. You can check out some screenshots from the action role-playing game in the slideshow at the top of this article and the deals from Amazon.com in the following links:

Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls, which was released as a Playstation 3 exclusive title by Sony Computer Entertainment in North America on October 6, 2009. The follow-up was once again developed by From Software. Namco Bandai Games also helped published Dark Souls, which came out for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms in North America on October 4, 2011.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-10 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition & DLC News
Moosa Rehman | August 09, 2012

It’s been a long while since anyone of us has heard about Dark Souls: Prepare To Die/PC Version, and I have some good and bad news about it.

Let us get the bad out of the way right now. Even though Dark Souls is being ported to the superior on every technical level PC, it is still filled with the same issues as the original Dark Souls. There will still be lag on Blighttown and the game does not have any polish or upgrades to the graphics. It makes sense due to From’s lack of PC development and this version being rushed in under a year from the original date with 10 additional hoursof content. That is a lot of work for a developer porting a game with no experince while adding new code, graphics, and etc.

Fortunately, that is the only bad news regarding the PC version. Now for the good news which contains spoilers regarding the DLC. The DLC will take you back into time to when the knight Artorias lived. This does help explain the inclusion of his fellow knight’s of Gwyn like Hawkeye Gough being an NPC in it. If anything, we may get further details on Sif’s relation to Artorias and what became of Gwyn’s knight and the fall of Anor Londo.

Even though From has been hard at working porting to a new system they still have remembered how to be sadistic by introducing a boss fight as you enter the portal. Nothing to greet you to a new area like the Guardian of the Tomb or the Chimera from the trailers and screenshots. This guy is an absolute beast who will torment you. He will use wind gusts to stagger you, his back has a tail that will poison you, and he flies and shoots lighting. And it gets worse. The lighting will paralyze you and has a good radius due to the battle being in water so the lighting spreads. This guy will most likely give you a challenge and shows that this new DLC will challenge you.

After defeating the Chimera you will gain access to the Sanctuary of the Oolacile so hopefully more backstory about what happened to them. The area is a forest and it is reminiscent of the Darkroot Garden. As you traverse through the area you will meet some new enemies. The stone knights from the Darkroot Forest return but now have giant hammers because giant swords that slowed you down wasn’t scary enough (it was for me!). There are also some scarecrow-esque monsters with gigantic scissors (hopefully a new weapon). After you are done running, screaming, crying, hiding in a corner, jumping up in the sweet taste of victory, and making it through the forest you will come across ruins that look similar to the area where the Moonlight Butterfly boss is fought. Due to the similarities of the Darkroot Basin and Darkroot Forest and the new areas, it seems that we are about to have the most painful and enjoyable history lesson about how the two could be connected and how it went from a somewhat sunny place to being… dark.

Hearing that the PC version still contains problems really brings me down since I was hoping they would be rectified and there really should be no excuse for it. Seems that I will just wait for the DLC to come on consoles since I have all of my precious items and characters there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-13 22:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazing.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-13 22:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

amazing D: I WANT TO PLAY NOW ;_;
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-13 22:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SO DO I! sgj;knhdfaiudbnladmvjbsk ;_;
 Asura.Ezekial
Server: Asura
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2012-08-13 22:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I played the ***out of Dark Souls when it first came out. I took 3 days off worked and pretty much played it for 5 days straight. I do not regret a single second. I actually plat's the game in 3 days, and still continue to play it sometimes. I will get it on the PC, even if it is a really bad port. It is the company's first attempt ever at a PC release, so I can't hold it against them too much seeing they rushed the ***out of it for community demands.

Hopefully it won't be too bad. Hopefully they will patch the game (seeing steam does not charge 20-50k a patch) but who knows, might be up to the community to make it right.

edit* GreenManGaming was selling it for 32$ (USD) with the coupon code COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1

I don't know if that is still valid (game is only playable through Steam, so it is a steam code given.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-13 23:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 30k souls on me, I'm terrified to step away from the bonfire..Im going to die!

The difficulty in this game is killing me! Ive had to turn the game off a couple times due to pure frustration. It wouldnt be so bad if you didn't lose all your souls and shiznit when you die. Im terrified to go anywhere.

Went into the depths earlier had almost 10k souls on me and I knew there was a bonfire close to me but I fell down a hole and got eaten by cursing frogs that cursed me and you can only heal curse with an item you get from an npc in a totally different dungeon who sells it for 3k souls. Curse kills you instantly and halves your hp...as if I didn't need that hp trying to get to the npc in that other dungeon? Luckily I had one of the de-cursing items but I just abandoned that 10k souls because it was not worth it to die again to go on a de-cursing adventure. I was so pissed.

Im more scared and paranoid than I am enjoying myself D: but Im bound and determined to finish this game.

Im going to effing blighttown tomorrow. I can tell this might be an annoying day.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-08-14 00:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
I have 30k souls on me, I'm terrified to step away from the bonfire..Im going to die!

The difficulty in this game is killing me! Ive had to turn the game off a couple times due to pure frustration. It wouldnt be so bad if you didn't lose all your souls and shiznit when you die. Im terrified to go anywhere.

Went into the depths earlier had almost 10k souls on me and I knew there was a bonfire close to me but I fell down a hole and got eaten by cursing frogs that cursed me and you can only heal curse with an item you get from an npc in a totally different dungeon who sells it for 3k souls. Curse kills you instantly and halves your hp...as if I didn't need that hp trying to get to the npc in that other dungeon? Luckily I had one of the de-cursing items but I just abandoned that 10k souls because it was not worth it to die again to go on a de-cursing adventure. I was so pissed.

Im more scared and paranoid than I am enjoying myself D: but Im bound and determined to finish this game.

Im going to effing blighttown tomorrow. I can tell this might be an annoying day.

Did you get the "Prepare to Die Edition"? ;_; I think you might have by accident.

At least there is no false advertisement in that title? :p
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-14 00:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Daus, I'm sure you know this, but once you get past Blighttown there really is nothing that you can't beat.

I'm not saying it is the most difficult area, but if you get past it then you know that you can beat the game.

When you complete Anor Londo you're about halfway done, depending on if you tie up loose ends before beating the game.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-08-14 01:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a date on when this DLC will be released to xbox?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-14 11:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
is there a date on when this DLC will be released to xbox?
expect to see it around December'ish
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-14 11:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The greatest piece of advice anyone could ever give you for Blight Town: Take your time. If you rush, you'll die. Whether from the random lag or getting too many enemies on you at one time.

Having a Spider Shield, which you can find in The Depths, is helpful too.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-08-14 12:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is awesome! Lvl 232 At the moment on my 3rd playthrough. Enemies are becoming hard enough to kill me in one attack round.

Gogo Crystal Soul Spear!
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-14 12:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance a thread like this (like the OP to be more specific) can be made for Demon's Souls? I have it, but not Dark Souls and I'm thinking about finally tackling it. Single Player, of course. I know Online servers went down or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-14 12:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to blighttown briefly. The 30k souls I was going to use to upgrade my drakesword but it turned out I couldnt upgrade it cause I was missing something so I just upgraded a halberd to 9+. I heard you could upgrade it to something fantastic in the future. Also upgraded some armor and lvld a couple times.

Then once I was at 0 souls since I was at the one blacksmith and kind of farming more poison curing moss things..I decided I might as well kill the hydra. Which I did :| wtf, I actually died 3 times trying to get to the water...actually one of those times I made it to the water, I read you had to be in it to get to the hydra so I started running toward its body and then fell to my death in the lake...I was so mad :| walkthroughs should have specified that you cant walk too far in. The actual hydra itself wasn't hard.

Then I went to blighttown. Apparently I was missing the masterkey so I tried going through firelink shrine/londo ruins and couldnt get in..so I had to turn around and traverse back through the depths! arlkjsfda

had to turn it off to get ready for work when I fell off a bridge because I cant balance in video games.

edit: I repeat myself for fun sometimes
[+]
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2012-08-14 13:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You need Dragon Scales to upgrade the Drake Sword but I wouldn't bother upgrading it. It costs 10k to upgrade per level & It doesn't scale with any stats. It's not bad, that 200 base dmg is pretty nice, but it just starts to lose it's utility after you have access to scaling weapons. You could keep it all throughout your first playthrough but I ditched it in favor of a weapon that will scale well with my stats.

Where to obtain said Masterkey:

It's good to still go through depths though.. The top of Blighttown with the Goblins holds quite a few nifty items for later in the game.. i.e Power within! imo the best Pyromancy in game but be careful of Toxic! It's lame. HURRR NINJA EDIT ):
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-14 13:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kadoyuu said: »

Where to obtain said Masterkey:

It's good to still go through depths though.. The top of Blighttown with the Goblins holds quite a few nifty items for later in the game.. i.e Power within! imo the best Pyromancy in game.

that the merchant near the blightown entrance? cause they werent selling it :?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-14 13:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutdown announcement:

Servers extended announcement:

Also, I would suggest avoiding the Master Key route your first playthrough. After you've gone through it once, unless you need an item from the upper levels, there is no need to do it over again unless you like that part. I personally like Blighttown, think it is a great area for the game :x
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2012-08-14 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the guy with the Odd Armor that says "Aye Shimae". He should be right near the door to Blighttown, topside, or under the bridge if he moved already. and he should be selling it! ): If he doesn't then mah badness
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-14 13:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
that the merchant near the blightown entrance? cause they werent selling it :?
He doesn't sell it until he leaves the depths and sits under the bridge in Firelink Shrine.

He moves there eventually, but I never see him move there until after I complete Blighttown anyways.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-14 14:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't move until the second Bell of Awakening has been rung.

In other news, I'm totally making a character built around the Great Sword/Shield of Artorias to use during my first run of the DLC.