Link | Quote | Reply

New trailer:

Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-15 12:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I did that thing in blighttown that I was told not to do. After my first two tries through and falling off a bridge and losing my 10k souls....I decided to leroy jenkins it and made it to the first bonfire. Then turned around and leroy'd it to the second (though this one took me a couple tries cause I was lost and hadn't even been down to the bottom yet)

Now Im at queelag and she's killed me 5times already. I got her half down that last try. I know that I can summon mildred to help...sort of...I used my last humanity to fight her..on accident..I was actually kindling my fire and she popped on top of me when I left the cave..and 2 blow darter mosquitos killed me when she was almost dead....suuuuuuuuuux...so now Im humanityless and I cant fight her again to even have her help me.

it'd be nice if I had that dragon crest shield also that everybody in every walkthrough has T_T srsly wish I had a masterkey.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-15 13:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I need a sibling to complain to about how hard this game is so that they can come watch and then I beat her easily and my siblings look all unimpressed while I stand there in shock. Thats how I beat stray demon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-15 19:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out spending lots of time building a character for PvP instead of actually PvPing makes you rusty. Who'd have thought?

I mostly blame shitty net though. Pivot-Stabbed into oblivion and I'm actually pretty good at noticing phantoms going in for them and then preventing it. Also realised I have absolutely no idea how to fight against Moonlight Butterfly Horn. I've literally never faced someone using it as a primary weapon.

Went 3/50+ in Undead Burg today. :<
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-16 12:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat queelag..had to get a sibling to watch me play..never fails.

Then I ran through the hollow and then ash lake where unfortunately I gave up killing the hydra for now so that I can get ready for work. Theres nowhere to stand with this one :( now Im dreading climbing back up through blighttown...is there a shortcut to get back to firelink shrine without the masterkey?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-16 12:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
I beat queelag..had to get a sibling to watch me play..never fails.

Then I ran through the hollow and then ash lake where unfortunately I gave up killing the hydra for now so that I can get ready for work. Theres nowhere to stand with this one :( now Im dreading climbing back up through blighttown...is there a shortcut to get back to firelink shrine without the masterkey?
Nice job beating Queelag :)

You should of saved Ash Lake until after Anor Londo, but the climb up won't be that bad. Just take it slow, and you know the thing to the right of the bonfire in blighttown? Get on one of the platforms to take you up, then follow the ladders to make your way out of blighttown. You'll enter Valley of Drakes, cross the bridge and open up the gate (you find the key to the right of the last ladder in blighttown), then once you enter New Londo Ruins take a left and enter the first doorway. Make your way up the stairs then find the elevator to take you to firelink shrine.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-16 12:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That last elevator... make sure the elevator is actually there. Instant Death upon falling if it isn't. Then you have to make your way back up again.

...Totally didn't happen to me yesterday while working on my Artorias character. >_>;
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-16 13:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't run into the spinning corkscrew blades and get ripped to shreds, but you can fall into the pit of death np :x
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-16 13:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny. Cause I saw that it wasn't there well before I fell. I think I was so shocked that it wasn't there, because it's always been there, that I kept running forward anyway.

Normally, I go to Quelaag through the shortcut. But I wanted Power Within on this build, so I went the long way. ._.
 Asura.Kadoyuu
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2012-08-16 19:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Epicnamebro Has released his Speculation on the new trailer! :3
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-16 22:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I discovered the soul glitch on accident on the internets...does it still work?

I would totally do it because my gaming experience couldnt be anymore ragequitbutwontbecausedetermined worthy.
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2012-08-16 22:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No it doesn't; it was patched awhile ago.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-16 22:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

/sad

leave it to me to get late to the party and have to play things the way they were intended.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-16 22:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The original way was, but they found another soul glitch. Similar to the first, except instead of turning to the screen, you press R3 to lock onto an enemy. It's normally done with the non-aggroing undead in New Londo Ruins.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-16 23:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I did try and kill the hydra..unfortunately I couldnt find a good place to stand without getting hit. I read you can get a decent physical damage prevention shield in blighttown but I said "screw that" because its blighttown.

sometimes I feel like I should be recording myself playing this game...me trying to get the crimson armor I felt was hilarious and it was just a short run..and nobody was there to see it.

are there any decent swords that are like drake sword but upgradable? I had to switch to the polearm in queelag because the reach on drakesword was too short. I keep having to switch between the two weapons...I kinda like my damage on polearm but its slow and pretty much only pokes things to death.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-16 23:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get further into upgrading, just about every sword will beat the Drake Sword. What stats are you buffing up? I'll be able to give better suggestions.

And before I forget...

Remember this. Or you'll hate Sen's Fortress even more than you already will. Opening a Mimic Chest is an instant Death. You can, however, attack the chest and fight and kill the mimic for treasure. The one in Sen's Fortress drops a lightning spear. It's a pretty good weapon at that point in the game.
[+]
 Asura.Kadoyuu
By Asura.Kadoyuu 2012-08-16 23:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The Eagle Shield in Blighttown is the lighest greatshield in game and is really good for eating hits when you aren't so used to dodging around and On the note of Quelaag.. just circle strafe her until you get used to her attack list then hit once back off.. circle strafe repeat. I did this until I was familiar with the bosses move set.

As for Decent swords? .. I liked the Balder Swag Sword with a elemental pine on my first play through if you like stabby stabby instead of swingy swingy. The drake is still good once you get used to the range. As for the Pole.. that's pretty much what they do; stabby stabby after a mob or player uses a punishable move. (Quelaag's Lava spit for example)

Ninja edit: Good to see I'm not the only one stalking this thread!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-16 23:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yeah. Balder Side (Baller SWAG) Sword is a very popular straight sword. Fairly light, great range and has both slashing and stabbing attacks. Only issue is it's a fairly rare drop from Balder Knights (those guys in the church with capes) but you could farm a Balder Shield while you're at it. A 100% physical block shield with good stability.

I'm personally a fan of the Silver Knight Straight Sword, but mostly for aesthetic reasons. Although the fact it's rather powerful before being upgraded, given its a Twinkling Titanite upgrade, was a plus too.
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2012-08-16 23:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
/sad

leave it to me to get late to the party and have to play things the way they were intended.

This game is actually not that hard.

Drake sword --> lightning spear --> farm titanite chunks and make a lightning weapon +4.

If the game is hard, you don't know the mechanics or you don't have a good weapon. Some of the bosses are tough the first few times, but with a bonfire so close to all of them, it's really not that bad.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-17 07:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Daus, you should try and upgrade weapons based on the class you intended to be.

Drake sword, although good at the very beginning of the game, is only hurting you now because the stats for that sword does not scale.

Lightning Spear is actually one of the best weapons you could have at that stage of the game.

Say you wanted to make... a Samurai.

Iaito +10
Physical Damage176
Parameter BonusB(0.84 mod)
OtherCritical: 100
Bleeding: 300

Normal +10 weapons, say the Iaito from Blighttown which has 176 DMG and a B Dex parameter bonus, are about as high as you would have at Blighttown. Let's say you picked the Hunter class and are level 40 (20 VIT, 20 END, 8 STR, 32 DEX), with that weapon you would be doing 235 DMG per hit after the mod calculation (but before calculating the defense of your target).

That isn't that great, but it sets you up for greater things in the future. Now, look at your Drake Sword. At it's normal base level it will have 200 physical damage, if you used the scales you've found you might have... 5-8 so far, you could increase the damage up to 300 but I will tell you why you shouldn't. Drake sword does not have a Parameter Bonus, this means it can not scale, this means it will always do 200 damage (before calculating the defense of your target). This means that a Drake Sword... is weaker than a regular common +10 weapon you could have already.

Now, let's look at the lightning spear people have told you about.

Lightning weapons, like the Drake Sword, have no Parameter bonus either. However, they overcome this by copying the physical damage to lightning damage.

Spear with a normal lightning modifier has 160 Physical Damage, and 160 Lightning Damage. This gives it basically 320 Damage before resistances. If your target is strong against lightning it will lower the lightning dmg a bit, but the same can be said with targets strong to physical damage as well so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Still, with this weapon alone you jump to 320 damage, and you don't need to put points into STR or DEX (just enough to use the weapon) so you're free to put points into other stats.

You can make your own lightning weapons when you reach Anor Londo. You'll need a regular +10 weapon, so if you were the Samurai I gave an example of before, you could take your +10 regular Iaito blade that you would have by Blighttown and make it into a Lightning Iaito once you reach Anor Londo. It actually has the same stats as lightning spear as well, so you would go from 235 damage after calculating the mod to 320 damage from a single enchantment.

Hope this helps a bit, the system was so confusing for me until late into my first playthrough and it is very important that you understand the system and how it works. You don't need to know the Parameter modifier, that is something people figure out through testing or something and you can just look it up online, like at DarkSoulsStats.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-17 12:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to respond last night but after a wrote a huge paragraph my internet quit..again..thanks vonage!

I have a halberd+9 right now..thats the polearm thingy Ive been using..whenver Im able to upgrade somehow I suppose Ill tack on the lightning to it.

Also I ran back through blighttown to get that eagle shield. I almost cried then.

Im also obviously slow because I didnt realize that those large souls and stuff you find lying around you can use to gain more souls...the game doesnt explain very well what items are used for. Also should I upgrade my estus flask to +3? or do I need that fire thingy for anything else?

also my firekeeper is dead at firelink shrine.

also I walked into sens fortress and got knocked off a ledge by swingy axes. Time for work!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-17 12:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Save firekeeper souls to upgrade estus flasks, they only give 7 humanity otherwise.

You gained a black eye orb in firelink when you checked that she was dead, you can save her by going to anor londo and using the orb when you see the message. It will be very obvious when you see the message, top half of the screen.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-17 12:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

btw Daus, if you play on xbox and ever want some help let me know
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-08-17 12:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

nah I ps3 and cant keep a good access to the internet on it.

edit: hmm..thinking about instead of going to sens fortress tomorrow I could run back to darkroot and play with a puppy
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-17 13:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on PS3, so if your internet ever decides to be stable and I'm around, I'd be willing to give you a hand.

And if I have a character in that level range...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-17 13:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Co-op in crystal caves with a friend...

the boss doesn't seem to want to move to us lol, bosses are so glitchy in co-op.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2012-08-17 13:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone on PS3 needs help, or wants to PVP, I have a lvl 160 that I normally use.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-17 13:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ha, a shiny right before the clams by the buttefly, never seen that one before.

another soul of a hero!

and the butterfly aggroed once I picked it up lol :x
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-08-17 13:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, my closest is a 135. :<
First Page 2 3 4 ... 224 225 226