Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Haste
Haste
First Page 2 3 4
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-18 12:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it that Bard's are given access to the most haste, yet have minimal reason to use it?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-18 12:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand what you are saying, please explain further.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 12:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well why wouldnt bard need haste >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-18 12:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean Haste songs?
Dude those are like the most frequently used ones in meripos/endgame. ><;
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-18 12:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i didnt say they wouldnt need it, but the amount theyre able to use.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 12:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok wait..I'm getting confused which haste OP talking of lol

haste as in songs or haste as in gear?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-18 12:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Ok wait..I'm getting confused which haste OP talking of lol

haste as in songs or haste as in gear?

both, theyre able to get more haste than any other job (i think), but why? it seems a bit unnecessary.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 12:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't haste be good period for bard O.o no matter what song it is and reducing the downtime?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-18 12:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

cause SE wants gay love with brds too much. Why do they get better DD gear then alot of DDs? Cause SE is gay. Why are they nekkid able to slow a mob litter 2-3times more then a super pimped out merited rdm? Cause SE is gay!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Ashokan
Server: Odin
user: Ashokan
By Odin.Ashokan 2009-05-18 12:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think BRD has access to an abnormal amount of haste. Most jobs have access to a good amount of haste.

Haste is useful for every job, either delay reduction, recast time reduction or both. BRD has just as much use for haste as all spell casting jobs.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-18 12:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

haste gear no though really byakko on a mage... cmon if my thf cant why brd? But best haste spells.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-18 12:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashokan said:
I don't think BRD has access to an abnormal amount of haste. Most jobs have access to a good amount of haste.

Haste is useful for every job, either delay reduction, recast time reduction or both. BRD has just as much use for haste as all spell casting jobs.

well on myffxigearkicksass they can get 27% in gear without too much effort. 29% if using HQ dusk.. then 20% from songs.
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-18 12:31:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:
Why is it that Bard's are given access to the most haste, yet have minimal reason to use it?

This guy wins internets.

You are absolutely right Ultrarichard. Bard obviously doesn't need any Haste let alone all that Haste equipment they can equip! Please make this a thread in Advanced on BG to encourage community members to write to Square Enix about this obvious, excessive waste. I'm right behind you buddy.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-18 12:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Ultrarichard said:

This guy wins internets.

You are absolutely right Ultrarichard. Bard obviously doesn't need any Haste let alone all that Haste equipment they can equip! Please make this a thread in Advanced on BG to encourage community members to write to Square Enix about this obvious, excessive waste. I'm right behind you buddy.

be quiet. read something before you post. i never said bard didnt need any haste atall.

edit: woo i won.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 12:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Bard is essential in my opinion for haste. Helps in casting for sleeps, pulling for merit pts, etc. I know alot of jobs are limited but can you imagine if blm had all that haste gear...it would be like a chainspell rdm pretty much lol
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-05-18 12:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaea said:
Ultrarichard said:

This guy wins internets.

User submitted image

All yours.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-18 12:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Well Bard is essential in my opinion for haste. Helps in casting for sleeps, pulling for merit pts, etc. I know alot of jobs are limited but can you imagine if blm had all that haste gear...it would be like a chainspell rdm pretty much lol

Not really since we need to equip +enf/macc/int for sleep :x So even if we had lot of haste gear, we wouldnt be able to use it. Who the *** sleep in walturban instead of genie head ?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-18 12:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares if it resists if you can instantly use it again! :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-18 12:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:

-recast cap is 50% also youd still cast same speed ie fast cast>> haste for spells generally. And yeah who cares if you get resisted.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 12:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Alyria said:

Not really since we need to equip +enf/macc/int for sleep :x So even if we had lot of haste gear, we wouldnt be able to use it. Who the *** sleep in walturban instead of genie head ?

Well I havent got bard up there but it was more examples etc. of haste gear in general. I'm sure many bards would use the correct/appropriate gear for their songs.

Edit: what im meaning is the time after casting really to go faster than the spell.
 Fairy.Filielle
Server: Fairy
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-18 12:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultrarichard said:

Bard is the equivelent Red Mage -1; Being they're all the social without all the annoying.

They area Refresh; Red Mage still complains to be a loner.

I'm setting up a D&D gathering in Vegas with EBD / Evilblackdragon & Travis Olin (23 year old version); Maybe then the women that are trying to be nerds for dorks can get, "SOMETHING" of credibility in return.

Back on Subject: Bard is the most expensive & prettily worn job. They toot their own horn so others follow & abide the rules. This can be seen in Final Fantasy 9's Eiko, like Terra in Final Fantasy 6 (PSX);

Corsairs are easily founded by, "Sailor Moon" when Sailors are MEN.

Otakuns easily follow Asians. /Waves to Joel Echol, Christian Edgar Salvador & Their Taurus Andrew

Want me to summon more smarter people against trashy buyers?

/Toots the Chinese flute that wards off evil

I might as well get an Evoker's Horn & tear it off to blow it.

/praises to Lewis Black, but not Matthew Lewis.

Cousin = Paul Carol (Son of my auntie, Faye Choy & That Andy cowboy in Cowboy Bebop);

If you need HASTE I would suggest AGILITY for Bard. Agility = Evasion Pax; Parrying Ascension; The ability to fly. Oh, & Haste as well.

What more don't you need outside of Mithran Bards?
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-18 12:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Filielle said:
Ultrarichard said:

Bard is the equivelent Red Mage -1; Being they're all the social without all the annoying.

I'm setting up a D&D gathering in Vegas with EBD / Evilblackdragon & Travis Olin (23 year old version); Maybe then the women that are trying to be nerds for dorks can get, "SOMETHING" of credibility in return.

Back on Subject: Bard is the most expensive & prettily worn job. They toot their own horn so others follow & abide the rules. This can be seen in Final Fantasy 9's Eiko, like Terra in Final Fantasy 6 (PSX);

Otakuns easily follow Asians. /Waves to Joel Echol, Christian Edgar Salvador & Their Taurus Andrew

Cousin = Paul Carol (Son of my auntie, Faye Choy & That Andy cowboy in Cowboy Bebop);

If you need HASTE I would suggest AGILITY for Bard. Agility = Evasion Pax; Parrying Ascension; The ability to fly. Oh, & Haste as well.

User submitted image
[+]
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-18 12:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Filielle said:
Ultrarichard said:

User submitted image

"Okay, if someone says Shinanigins again, i'm going to Pistol whip them!"
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-18 12:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-18 12:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
User submitted image

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-18 12:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
User submitted image

Well, I wouldn't need to pistol whip anyone if my brother is an Iraqi War Hero.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4