Haste
 Fairy.Filielle
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-18 13:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Am I at least correct in thinking it speeds up any spells or is the +Haste just for recasts.

For some reason I feel like my Utsu:Ichi casts faster in my Haste gear on THF.

/yes or /nod <Emote derision>

Remember, JP don't do things the same way as Americans do. Even people saying they are JP or aZn.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 13:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Am I at least correct in thinking it speeds up any spells or is the +Haste just for recasts.

I agree on this, cause then Monk's BB would be worthless too lol so I would think since songs are in magic for example : /ma "Knight's Minne" <t>

I still would think it would help on casting. I dunno, hopefully some professional Bards can clear it up lol
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-18 13:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Excesspain said:

I agree on this, cause then Monk's BB would be worthless too lol so I would think since songs are in magic for example : /ma "Knight's Minne" <t>

I still would think it would help on casting. I dunno, hopefully some professional Bards can clear it up lol

So, I wonder if Tracy Zumateshite / Picopots has learned her lesson to not really keep stalking my brother.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 14:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've cast songs/spells on pretty much any job that can cast them w/ and w/o Haste gear. The only thing that speeds up casting is Fast Cast and direct Song/Cure/Ninjutsu/General Spell Cast Time -X%.
[+]
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-18 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I've cast songs/spells on pretty much any job that can cast them w/ and w/o Haste gear. The only thing that speeds up casting is Fast Cast and direct Song/Cure/Ninjutsu/General Spell Cast Time -X%.

That's more in favor of BRD/NIN; Song & Ninjutsu don't arouse Plantoids of Elemental fixation.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-05-18 14:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Excesspain said:

The only way that Utsusemi: Ichi will cast faster for a THF is if they're casting in Homam pants and a Loq. Earring. I'm not saying that these are the only Fast Cast gear a THF can wear, but they're the two pieces that I'm aware of and that I use. Equipping Haste for Utsusemi is not worthless though as it does lower the recast timer (with 21% Haste, Homam pants, Loq. earring, and no outside Haste, my Utsusemi: Ni recast is around 31 seconds).

And to answer Alyria's question, March does function like magical haste and will lower recast timers. When I'm the pulling BRD in a 2BRD Merit Party, I always arrange it so that I'll be singing double Marches. This is a huge boon in lowering my Utsusemi, Elegy, Finale (for Mamools), and Lullaby timers. Lowered Utsusemi and Lullaby timers is a big deal at bird camps.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 14:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. March lowers all recasts that any Haste does. It's also considered Magical Haste and therefore caps ~43-44%.

Also note, that JA Haste from Drks/Sams/Dnc do NOT affect any recast and are STRICTLY melee.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-18 14:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf/Rdm with Warlock's Mantle WurRU.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 15:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically for bard you just gear for enf/ele/buffs/?? So no need to worry of haste gear for bard really? just the song reduction % stuff and fast cast?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-18 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
So basically for bard you just gear for enf/ele/buffs/?? So no need to worry of haste gear for bard really? just the song reduction % stuff and fast cast?

Not really, from what I got from it Haste helps the recast too, so it wouldn't hurt.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-18 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:

Things like walmart / speed / byakko can be very useful for meripo
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 15:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, well guess that's not bad. Just when I get higher I'll have to set stuff up. I dont think you really need anything spectacular at lower levels correct? Just your instrument and whatever gear is ok? I'm leveling bard tonight with a friend of mine so I'm just curious of all this stuff.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 15:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the +1's of the instruments and Chr gear tbh. You'll probably be /whm, so some MP gear wouldn't hurt.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-18 15:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Just the +1's of the instruments and Chr gear tbh. You'll probably be /whm, so some MP gear wouldn't hurt.

^
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 15:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

K i have that stuff, so guess im good to go for a long while
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 15:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

*Nods.* Brd's so boring until 74 and you're in merit pt's though imo...

Pre-merit it's more or less:
Debuff the mob, sing songs at melee, sing songs at mages, Pianissimo a song or two, back-up cure, rest, repeat.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-18 15:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, alright ^^ thank you.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-18 15:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
*Nods.* Brd's so boring until 74 and you're in merit pt's though imo...

Pre-merit it's more or less:
Debuff the mob, sing songs at melee, MELEEEEEE.

fixed :D
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 15:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa So you're one of THOSE Brds, eh?
*Shakes his head and sighs.*
Sure... Brd can melee... But unless you're geared for DD (which you can't really at lower levels), you're just feeding the mob TP if you even hit it. :P

Tuna Sushi and a lot of atk gear for your Brd, Frobeus? :P
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-18 15:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What lvl you want me to make you a DD brd?
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-05-18 15:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste for Bard affects song recast time, but it doesn't do anything for actual casting time.

For general exp purposes, you don't really need that much, since any Bard that's not extremely gimp should not have issue sleeping appropriate leveled exp mobs.

However, for things like Einherjar where a Bard may be called upon to assist with crowd control and for doing bard rotations for a zerg (Also Einherjar, KV, Kirin, etc.) then anything you can do to lower recast is helpful (Which is why I still like Sha'ir Gages, even with AF+1 Hands).

In Einherjar, when I was both pulling and doing primary crowd management on Bard, having as low possible recasts on Lullaby (and Utsusemi) is very very helpful. If you have max -lullaby merits and Sha'ir, you are already -7 seconds from recast. Anything additional in the form on Haste is additionally helpful.

If you want to drop actual casting time for Bard Songs, see Minstrel's Ring, Yigit Gomlek, Sha'ir Manteel, Rostrum Pumps, and Loquacious Earring. Also, I guess if you had the ACP body with +5 Fast Cast you would get a boost. I don't know that there's anything else out there you can do other than /RDM (which is good, but only situationally).
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 15:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
What lvl you want me to make you a DD brd?

Ummm.. I dunno.. 20 or 30? >.>
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-05-18 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and as for bard meleeing, until the 30s, you might as well bring a decent sword with you and do it. Really, you will have plenty of time for it and since you're buffing the melees anyway, you'll have those same effect boosts.

You don't do a ton of damage, but after you lay down your melee buffs pre-25, what the hell else are you going to do? You can melee and backup cure, and just rest during fights when you need to get some MP.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 15:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
Anything additional in the form on Haste is additionally helpful.

Orly? O.o?

I dunno... I'd rather have the pt do slightly less dmg to the mob than feed the mob TP. >.>
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-18 15:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd/War @ 30

Centurion's Sword / Merc Targe / Insturment / ---
Emp Pin / Spike Neck / Beetle +1 / Beetle +1 (Cassie)
Merc Cpt Doublet / Battle Gloves / Divisor Ring (Vision Ring when not lvl /5) / Rajas Ring
w/e back / Merc Cpt Belt / Puby Suby / Bounding Boots

Eat att food.
Would suggest augmenting many of these items with Att stats

Also considered /Drg with Wyrven Targe / Earring / Mantle

:D
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-18 15:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Aramina said:
Anything additional in the form on Haste is additionally helpful.

Orly? O.o?

I dunno... I'd rather have the pt do slightly less dmg to the mob than feed the mob TP. >.>

Oh noes, infrasonics spam ??
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-18 15:50:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Let's reflect back on 90% of this thread.
Filielle said:
Haseyo said:
Filielle said:
Ultrarichard said:
Why is it that Bard's are given access to the most haste, yet have minimal reason to use it?

Bard is the equivelent Red Mage -1; Being they're all the social without all the annoying.

They area Refresh; Red Mage still complains to be a loner.

I'm setting up a D&D gathering in Vegas with EBD / Evilblackdragon & Travis Olin (23 year old version); Maybe then the women that are trying to be nerds for dorks can get, "SOMETHING" of credibility in return.

Back on Subject: Bard is the most expensive & prettily worn job. They toot their own horn so others follow & abide the rules. This can be seen in Final Fantasy 9's Eiko, like Terra in Final Fantasy 6 (PSX);

Corsairs are easily founded by, "Sailor Moon" when Sailors are MEN.

Otakuns easily follow Asians. /Waves to Joel Echol, Christian Edgar Salvador & Their Taurus Andrew

Want me to summon more smarter people against trashy buyers?

/Toots the Chinese flute that wards off evil

I might as well get an Evoker's Horn & tear it off to blow it.

/praises to Lewis Black, but not Matthew Lewis.

Cousin = Paul Carol (Son of my auntie, Faye Choy & That Andy cowboy in Cowboy Bebop);

If you need HASTE I would suggest AGILITY for Bard. Agility = Evasion Pax; Parrying Ascension; The ability to fly. Oh, & Haste as well.

What more don't you need outside of Mithran Bards?

User submitted image

"Okay, if someone says Shinanigins again, i'm going to Pistol whip them!"

Filielle said:
Dasva said:
User submitted image

Well, I wouldn't need to pistol whip anyone if my brother is an Iraqi War Hero.

Filielle said:
Alyria said:
... the more you feed it, the longer it stays.

Continue on the topic and not let it get derailed for nonsense.

Good point.

If you begin as a race & a job, you should be able to do the math of what jobs you want to be.

All the Street Fighter, "Dan" Choose Humes.

All the Street Fighter, "Ryu" Choose Elvaans.

All the Street Fighter, "Ken" choose Elvaan to Humes.

Now, if you're still debating about Marvel Versus Capcom, they've already moved it to Capcom versus Namco.

Remember, Chun Li's Shadow Lady has to be encoded as something different now.

<Plays as Shadow Lady & Morrigan Aensland>

Does anyone have anymore n0000b questions about Asians being better at everything? Swedish ladies needed to rip off the Internet somehow!

As an easier demographic, let's refer back to D&D:

Strength = Attack & Front Line Melee Weapon to Weapon Skill Potency.
Dexterity = Accuracy; Critical Hit Rate.
Agility = Haste; Parrying; Evasion. Ranged Weapon Skill Potency.
Vitality = Physical Stamina.
Charisma = Confidence; Potency.
Mind = Healing Magic. Healing Magic Potency.
Intelligence = Black Magic Potency. Magic Attack.

Remember Kids: ANY JOB CAN COMPLIMENT ANY OTHER JOB IF YOU CAN DO THE MATH WELL.

{Hmmm.} So, if I Brd/Mnk, am I an Idiot?

Answer: No, you're not; In fact, if you're Tarutaru, you can use fruit to tropical punches even!

But they called me a noob ; ;

Answer: /blacklist add Scouttt

But... I keep getting harassed in-game ><

Answer: Side Menu (Outside of character menu); Select & Click on, "Help Desk"; Select & Click on, "Help Desk" again. Then Report the Proper Violation of listed Playonline / POL terms & services.

Oh.. Okay, what do I do now?

ENJOY THE F**KING GAME.

Filielle said:
Alyria said:
Well this isnt about what job to choose and what sub job when you create a character.

The OP asked about haste gear/songs for bard and why is it necessary.

That's where you start the confusing acronym ***again.

OP Can mean OUTPOST.

OP could mean ORIGINAL PREGNANCY / PERIOD.

Now, OP IN FFXI MEANS OUTPOST; Did you learn well enough of, "Post WAR STRESS"?

I guess not.

Post doesn't mean fake or anything, it means POST; Like Barracks or Brigade Barracks.

Like a POST OFFICE. Or a TELLING POST. Whatever you are, you should learn morse code & get ready to be tossed back in North Korea.

Filielle said:
Excesspain said:
Isn't that bascially saying why is Song spellcasting time -X% necessary for BRD?

Different stats, same result.

"BLACK PEOPLE!" ---Dave Chapelle

(Even though, "Chapeau", is pronounced under a different given accent tongue);

Trust me, my actual brother knows black people! Except you, Scouttt / Jasmine Hill. You can stay under the leash of your so-called, "mansion" / budoir room. &, "Ohai", to Arc Angel Gabriel Shakur.

Filielle said:
Tbest said:
Well... Maybe they weren't 30 yet! Sheesh! :P

We're discussing JOB LEVELS again?

Apparently some Geomancers couldn't differentiate Necromancers.

Even though Green Mage is still Scholar & Necromancy is still forbidden. Oh, maybe The Lamiae know well of what happened to Selkies & Mithras.

Filielle said:
Haseyo said:
Alyria said:
... the more you feed it, the longer it stays.

Continue on the topic and not let it get derailed for nonsense.

User submitted image

Anyway, on the baw topic, why do Mnks get a Vermy!?

I signed my Husband's Character a Vermy. That account is confiscated by Exidious.

Filielle said:
Scizor said:
Filielle said:
Tbest said:
I speak crap

Yes be quiet now

Want to go to war too?

I don't think so, but maybe you should after a long process of F.B.I. Helicopters coming to rescue you & dump you into the cold oceans for you to STFU & DIE.

& Yes, "Eat at Joe's";

Filielle said:
Scizor said:
please do not feed the trolls!

On Topic: Does BRD haste affect song recast?

Patron Trolls = PATROLLING

Matron Trolls = ?

Matriarchy of course! Why is The Empress based as a Draped Veil as The Hume M General (Black Hair) Is still based on my brother IRL? He certainly wasn't Haley Joel Osmond in the intro!

Aphmau = based on me still as well as LUZAF & TENZEN ON KUROGANASHI IRL.

All of you can blowhard if you still haven't realized that, "Balrahn" is based on Poseidon as well as my Father IRL.

What happened to The Empress of Aht Urghan? Why, her daughter got killed & revived by Luzaf & Odin of course! Some people need to lay off the crack cocaine & realize what that, "Paying it forward" crap meant.

Filielle said:
Alyria said:
Just ignore it.

This will get moved to Flame Core if you just start fighting.

I actually find this topic a bit interesting since I want to level bard.

Okay, The High Knight of Earthen Kingdom can simply sort out your processes on earth.

The High Knight of Water Kingdom (Gabriel Shakur) Can detriment your souls toward that factor to DEATH.

The High Knight of Air Kingdom (Andrew Anderson) Can simply help & pitch in with my brother under my juresdiction as well.

The High Knight of Fire Kingdom (Bruno Sergio Goldemberg) doesn't need to do much till 12/12/2012 as well.

Filielle said:
Scizor said:
Filielle said:
Scizor said:
Filielle said:
Tbest said:
I speak crap

Yes be quiet now

Want to go to war too?

I don't think so, but maybe you should after a long process of F.B.I. Helicopters coming to rescue you & dump you into the cold oceans for you to STFU & DIE.

& Yes, "Eat at Joe's";

Again because you obviously cant understand english: shut the *** up ok?

Sorry, Lilith Posers cross the line into Death Kingdom so we feed them into our Hell / Black Steel Cauldron of Earthen / Vulcan Fire; (Think of Lebros Cavern Assault);

Filielle said:
Excesspain said:

/yes or /nod <Emote derision>

Remember, JP don't do things the same way as Americans do. Even people saying they are JP or aZn.

Filielle said:
Alyria said:
Excesspain said:

So, I wonder if Tracy Zumateshite / Picopots has learned her lesson to not really keep stalking my brother.

Filielle said:
Tbest said:

That's more in favor of BRD/NIN; Song & Ninjutsu don't arouse Plantoids of Elemental fixation.

I think the other 10% was someone asking about why Bard gets Haste gear ;/

This job came out over half a decade ago. There's nothing groundbreaking here. There's nothing to discover. There's no discussion. I vote for lock.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-18 15:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa It 'sounds' good in theory... But how do you compare against actual DD's? Or are you just doing 1-5 dmg per hit and feeding the Gob TP? >.>