First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-12-27 02:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
95% of the population doesn't care about the ukkon warriors doing this and that lol... We don't care which job is BEST...we care about what we can do with our favorite jobs...GET THAT CONCEPT.

And 90% of that 95% were absolutely nothing before Abyssea, and even though the game got gimped enough for them to finally get some gear, are still nothing.

It's people like you who play THF without caring about the standard of your play that give this job such a terrible reputation.
By Fupafighters 2011-12-27 02:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said: »
95% of the population doesn't care about the ukkon warriors doing this and that lol... We don't care which job is BEST...we care about what we can do with our favorite jobs...GET THAT CONCEPT.

And 90% of that 95% were absolutely nothing before Abyssea, and even though the game got gimped enough for them to finally get some gear, are still nothing.

It's people like you who play THF without caring about the standard of your play that give this job such a terrible reputation.
I use my thf for TH in abyssea only noob... Yes thf isn't that superb in VW but what if thats your best job? What if you have only mandeu...you want them to go like a +2 sam with gimp gear? Or would you prefer them actually enjoy their relic they earned? Talk about how thf can help...not how its bad. NO job is bad... What u think i dont own any empies lol? I used to be one of those people who enjoyed my 1k gekko spammin pre 80 cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-27 03:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure you don't. It just means you're a hypocrite and you are shifting the standards by which you evaluate two separate jobs because evaluating them on the same standard means you have to either give credit to THF or admit that one 2H job, God forbid, isn't super special awesome.

For the 13th time, I've already said THF isn't good at Voidwatch. It isn't about that, it's about the hypocritical treatment you give THF.
What jobs have to use their 2h ? lol
I read the Title as "Thief in VW", this whole time I have been talking about jobs in VW. Like I said
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
(Sorry the drop system does not support).
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-27 03:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I use my thf for TH in abyssea only noob... Yes thf isn't that superb in VW but what if thats your best job? What if you have only mandeu...you want them to go like a +2 sam with gimp gear? Or would you prefer them actually enjoy their relic they earned? Talk about how thf can help...not how its bad. NO job is bad... What u think i dont own any empies lol? I used to be one of those people who enjoyed my 1k gekko spammin pre 80 cap.
Damn bro my bad.
Didn't know you went hard like that pre80 :O
 Valefor.Jaypea
Server: Valefor
user: Rodders89
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 03:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Was hitting consistant 2k+ Rudra's storms on qilin, THF obviously as the history of the game has shown isn't and never will be the best DD around, but if your thf is well geared you should be fine in VW. Did 3 Qilin on THF last night lowest WS 659, hate was pulled when sneak/ws went off hense no crit, everything stacked was above 2k and highest WS dmg was 2,671 sneak/charge.
So if you have a well geared thf you are hardly going to be hurting your odds taking them.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-12-27 05:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know your whole gearset, but judging from what I see so far, you should be doing more than that.

I'm guessing either you aren't popping rcb or you're not going /war for berserk.
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 06:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't, I was already in sky on THF/NIN and out of food so was too lazy to change, mostly 100% TP rudra's also as I was using TP wings up to proc dagger.
As far as gear only thing i'm missing is toci's body and could improve on heca+1 augments but good augments are a myth lol >.> Also I have next to no Atmacite.

Still all in all THF can keep up in VW just fine, just stop comparing THF to WAR this isn't abyssea anymore people, like Gredival said...most ppl treat their THF as a TH *** tping in TH gear etc but sure as hell don't mean a decent THF won't keep up.
By Fupafighters 2011-12-27 06:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Jaypea said: »
I wasn't, I was already in sky on THF/NIN and out of food so was too lazy to change, mostly 100% TP rudra's also as I was using TP wings up to proc dagger.
As far as gear only thing i'm missing is toci's body and could improve on heca+1 augments but good augments are a myth lol >.> Also I have next to no Atmacite.

Still all in all THF can keep up in VW just fine, just stop comparing THF to WAR this isn't abyssea anymore people, like Gredival said...most ppl treat their THF as a TH *** tping in TH gear etc but sure as hell don't mean a decent THF won't keep up.
Yes they do lol. Soon i'll have my twashtar and i'll actually want to play thf... till then, i'll just play my mnk sam and cor in VW.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-12-27 06:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/Jayjs20/71437c8c.png

Bam!
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 06:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All I can get on my head so far is 5 INT 9 ATK 2 Double atk >.< Legs are probally the worse atm lol got 1 subtle blow and crit hit rate ;; Feet have 2 STR 3 scythe 2 polearm skill :s needs more 5 STRs!
 Valefor.Vadai
user: Ergan
By Valefor.Vadai 2011-12-27 06:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Still argueing? THF is useless in Voidwatch going by usefulness, it has close to no procs other jobs don't have, so it's the last thing you would bring. As of now, bringing SAM/WAR/MNK/RNG/COR for damage (assuming the people know what they are doing) is far better than bringing a THF, fact. Posting one or two parses shows nothing at all, because as we all know you can die right at the start of the fight and parse complete crap in one fight, and the next you parse as the top DD.

To take one of those parses out as an example (I haven't read through all, wasted enough time), it's impossible a good, or even completely crappy SAM only uses Shoha 9 times a fight without dying early on. Without buffs and only Atmacite, not even using Meditate you will get more than 9 in a 3 minute fight. People here are either not being honest about the people participating, or are straight out posting faked parses. The WARs you are showing must terribly suck otherwise, because averaging 2k Ukko's or less for some is beyond horrible.
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 07:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Will be interesting to see the results of the Ukon/vereth tone down, A lot of throw more ukon's at it attitudes around. (Maybe then forums about jobs other than war will be able to have a active topic and discussion between adults without a ukon war derail at least)

I think clearly tho Vadai you don't really have a correct idea of a good THFs dmg potential, no one is claiming that THF is the best DD in the game or that it's the best VW job around. Clearly anyone who thinks that is the claim is dumb as sin and should log out and delete thier account.
However it not being the most useful job does not write it out as useless. A good THF will carry their own weight in dot from what it lacks in pure spike dmg, you also forget a THF can not only shead it's own hate with sata to stay alive longer by not pulling hate (Assuming it's not aoe spammy then theres nothing any job but Ranged based jobs can do about that) but they can also steal hate off of spike DD's keeping them alive longer and increasing the partys over all DMG.
THF isn't #1 in VW it's not one of the best job's to take or the most useful, it's very situatioal also but it's far from useless.
By volkom 2011-12-27 08:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the more bursty in their dmg?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 08:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you also forget a THF can not only shead it's own hate with sata to stay alive longer by not pulling hate

This is not how Trick attack works. Transfers only the enmity of your next attack.

by not pulling hate

Once enmity caps, which takes like 30 seconds of auto-attacking rly, THF (and moreso DNC) tend to draw the ire of mobs pretty easily due to their blistering attack speeds.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-12-27 08:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

As I recall, you need about 7-8k damage to cap hate.
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 08:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
you also forget a THF can not only shead it's own hate with sata to stay alive longer by not pulling hate
This is not how Trick attack works. Transfers only the enmity of your next attack.
by not pulling hate
Once enmity caps, which takes like 30 seconds of auto-attacking rly, THF (and moreso DNC) tend to draw the ire of mobs pretty easily due to their blistering attack speeds.

I'm very aware how trick attack works thanks, bad choice of word, by "sheading" hate I mean they are able to deal high DMG without putting the hate on themselves removing that hate they would have other wise generated from their hate list, but thanks for trying to be smart, very cute.
Also you are talking about capping hate when you can pull 20% off a melee every min which since your capped is just disposed of, they are going to be capped again in 15 seconds but it can very well save someone from dying allowing them to deal more damage.
 Valefor.Vadai
user: Ergan
By Valefor.Vadai 2011-12-27 08:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if I gave you that point, it doesn't really anull my other one about the laughable attempt to convince others through parses(not saying you specifically did).
Voidwatch is probably the worst event to parse things at, you either live and parse high or die and parse low. Knowing that, and then only posting a selected parse is stupid and everyone should be aware of that.
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 09:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure anyone who didn't start ffxi last week simply ignored their parse claims Vadai, parse claims mean very little in general anymore since most people are aby spoilt and have very little idea of anything other than ukon hits this hard throw the band waggon wars at it and hope we win.
I'm sure it's the same on most servers by now, everyone has ukon but you can probally count the ukon war's who are worth while with your fingers.

Any parse is subject to the people in the parses play style most now days are lazy, leeched, underskilled or just not aggressive enough DD due to aby dumbing the game down for them. The only credible parse would be with 1,000's of results with multiple players otherwise it simply proves you out damged that player or they died before you did.

But again that does not make THF useless in void a good THF will hold their own as a good monk will and a good war or sam will.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 09:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You openly admit to saying the wrong thing (shedding, when what you meant was precluding) and I'm "trying to be smart." Kay.

Anyway, you either have fanatics up, have shadows, or you're going to die every other VWNM just about. Or if it's graunab, every time because if eponas ring can go off every time posture is up and get me raped by blaze spikes on DNC, I'm sure native TA can do that for you even better.

It's okay though because during that particular run, white proc was feather step, I parsed 4th despite spending all the time dead, and. Now my mannequin has Ogier's Breeches to wear with her Mekira Mekiogai.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 09:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

On a semirelated note, the price of RCBs is beginning to rape me horribly.
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 09:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A parse claim on 1 NM by a dnc, oh lawd.

I think too many abyssea players are having issues with the fact every mob isn't pretty much the same anymore :/ Remember when things were situational? Claiming your parse on 1 mob only shows you did decently on 1 fight should we call DNC useless now? your 1 time to shine you was 4th? so DNC isn't effective? See my point here?
(*Sarcasm face*)

The point is every job can parse well now days theres no 2002 dragoon anymore every job has it's uses in and out of VW on some mobs they are less useful, on others more so. We can sit here all day reeling off parse results that mean nothing but the fact remainds if you are a good player you will hold your own, if you care that much that you might die fighting a NM please quit, but if you really think just because you are highly likely to either die every NM or every other means that theres no use trying to survive or keep someone else doing a considerate amount of dmg more than you alive then that attitude should be taken back to abyssea for a refund.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 09:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't particularly making a parse claim in the direction of effectiveness, just that I felt more useful than usual due to parsing decently and getting a white proc that was job specific. I am however parsing the uselessness and pointless rage in this thread, and you're winning both contests. Where should I mail your prize?
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 09:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice a rage claim, didn't see anyone getting mad in here but you brah.
But yeah, give it to your dad, i'll get it from his place tonight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-12-27 09:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 "Chill", deleted posts, topic bans etc.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 09:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like old guys, well, that's up to you. Whatever floats your boat brosauce.

Just don't forget that in addition to the raage claim, I also called you useless. If you're going to respond to my attack, at least give me the pleasure of responding to all of it.

Anyway, as far as VW goes there are jobs which are effective and jobs that are not. THF is not particularly effective even though it can perform pretty surprisingly from a DD perspective.

That said, bringing a THF along has never seemes do hurt the procing process, and I wouldn't particularly hesitate to bring a decently geared THF along,because +1 person means I spend less time shouting in Jeuno. I militantly take DNC to VW despite it not being the MOST effective job, so I can't be too harsh on THF.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis said: »
I don't usually get topic banned, but when I do, it's in the THF forum.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2011-12-27 10:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You so cool bro! Why not post something useful now ? :D
 Valefor.Jaypea
By Valefor.Jaypea 2011-12-27 10:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would read it all and reply but aby mind set players bore me to death, sorry.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 10:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would read it all and reply but aby mind set players bore me to death, sorry.
I won't even go into that shithole to XP. I get all my XP from VW or being raped by GoV chests.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-27 10:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
You so cool bro! Why not post something useful now ? :D
I am pretty cool. TY for noticing <3
[+]