Farming Dyna Currency
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By mortontony1 2012-12-16 16:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
mortontony1 said: »
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
So i started teaming up with a THF friend of mine for dyna farming

is DNC/WAR, DNC/SAM or DNC/THF the way to go if i have a THF/dnc and a brd/whm with me?

Probably either /war or if the thf/brd duo can dish out enough damage by themselves go /---

Im concerned that me going dnc/00 is going to significantly reduce my dmg output and therefore hinder currency

Like I said, if the THF is geared well and if the BRD is going to melee you should be good. I would assume that THF and BRD with 2x marches, haste, etc. would be able to get quite a bit of dmg.
By Aeyela 2012-12-16 16:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I go DNC/00 when I'm with a friend, but it's not worth it solo. If you're duoing it's worth it, it won't affect your kill speed that much and it will give you plenty of shots @ 100s if you're the only one procing things.
By mortontony1 2012-12-16 16:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That would also free up the thf to go /war for more dmg or something
By Aeyela 2012-12-16 16:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, it's a good arrangement. Especially since he dual boxes a WHM with him, too. But even without that WHM it works fine because DNC can easily main heal.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-12-16 16:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aramachus said: »
BorealisV2 said: »
I pull in 150-200 a run as DNC/THF solo in Valk. Varies depending on mobs being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE with procs or getting singles every *** drop. Recommend Dreamlands simply because you can have competition and still pull in good numbers due to the amount of camps/mobs.

I do not believe anyone getting 200 coins solo unless I see a proof, its just too unrealistic and this board notorious for the formula (real value) = (told value) / (bragging factor ~1.5 - 2). and btw I pull in 300 solo on whm21/drk. drk because of the resist para trait, helps tons >_>
I know a few bst who have pulled in about 150-200 in 1 run.So yes it can be done it is a lot of luck and timing thought.
By Aeyela 2012-12-16 16:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not believe anyone getting 200 coins solo unless I see a proof, its just too unrealistic and this board notorious for the formula (real value) = (told value) / (bragging factor ~1.5 - 2). and btw I pull in 300 solo on whm21/drk. drk because of the resist para trait, helps tons >_>

DNC/THF is more than capable of getting 200 solo, it's one of the best Dynamis solo combinations available.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: hyunkyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl 2012-12-16 16:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did 206 on Thf/dnc last night in Qufim, only had 7 ppl in it when I entered.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-16 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »

DNC/THF is more than capable of getting 200 solo, it's one of the best Dynamis solo combinations available.

With good gear & experience with dyna, id say getting less than 250 is a bad run. Hell i dont even have empy & i rarely go under 250 as dnc/thf
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2012-12-16 17:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

With good gear & experience with dyna, id say getting less than 250 is a bad run. Hell i dont even have empy & i rarely go under 250 as dnc/thf

My main is DNC, lots of time i go DNC/THF but mobs are *** to proc, i end up with less then 200 curencys a run for this reason mainly, I have a mule BST/DNC, Whenever i use it, the 2nd or 3rd JA proc, actually making me think a stat might affect the proc rate, maybe I am wrong & its bad luck, but you have to consider the proc rate in your maths, because I am sure I am not the only one encountering this problem.
By Aeyela 2012-12-16 17:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes monsters take 1 ability to proc, sometimes they take 20. It's called random number generator for a reason!
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-16 17:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight said: »
My main is DNC, lots of time i go DNC/THF but mobs are *** to proc, i end up with less then 200 curencys a run for this reason mainly, I have a mule BST/DNC, Whenever i use it, the 2nd or 3rd JA proc, actually making me think a stat might affect the proc rate, maybe I am wrong & its bad luck, but you have to consider the proc rate in your maths, because I am sure I am not the only one encountering this problem.

Well yeah that situation is in my math. When i have a bad day like that i end up with a little less than 250. Good days when mobs are being generous with procs, i get close to breaking 300.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-16 17:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes monsters take 1 ability to proc, sometimes they take 20. It's called random number generator for a reason!

This
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2012-12-16 17:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow man, really ? :o
By Aeyela 2012-12-16 17:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt your mention of a stat modifying proc rate didn't deserve better. Sorry.
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2012-12-16 17:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt your mention of a stat modifying proc rate didn't deserve better. Sorry.

I said it make me think of it, i did not say that it is actualy the case, instead of playing the smartass, you might want to read properly what ppl say.
By Aeyela 2012-12-16 17:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I said it make me think of it, i did not say that it is actualy the case, instead of playing the smartass, you might want to read properly what ppl say.

I'm not playing. I am a smartass. :-)
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2012-12-16 17:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not playing. I am a troll. :-)

fixed it for you. keep playing ;)
By Aeyela 2012-12-16 17:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, you could do Bastok and include NMs in your cycle. With a bit of luck you could be looking at 300-400 quite easily. Bastok is often a lot less filled than the bandwagonlands. Our personal best in Bastok is 776 in one run, including 5 100s.

fixed it for you. keep playing ;)

1/10
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-12-16 18:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

... instead of playing the smartass, you might want to read properly what ppl say.

I'm not playing. I am a smartass. :-)

I have an alt in the same LS. He IS a smartass.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2012-12-16 18:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally this is the best duo I have ever done. Which happened to be just the other day^^

466 singles + 4 100s^^ 433ea for 1 run^^
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-12-16 20:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Could have your brd go /dnc too and melee.
This. Mage sub is a waste for brd in dyna.

Bard can cap on haste gear, has access to Aluh/Thokcha daggers/M.Kris/Twilight dagger/Oynos knife /Kclub (lol) and double march makes them a tp machine for JA proc + exenterator spam. Serious waste of damage+proc potential having them standing around only doing songs.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-12-16 21:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

I wish I could believe this. I'd totally start soloing on my DNC.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-17 01:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Could have your brd go /dnc too and melee.
This. Mage sub is a waste for brd in dyna.

Bard can cap on haste gear, has access to Aluh/Thokcha daggers/M.Kris/Twilight dagger/Oynos knife /Kclub (lol) and double march makes them a tp machine for JA proc + exenterator spam. Serious waste of damage+proc potential having them standing around only doing songs.

Ppl like to have them /whm for haste too, but i completely agree. I think the ability to easily skillchain & having faster procs would be a lot better than easier access to haste.

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
I wish I could believe this. I'd totally start soloing on my DNC.

Dont have to believe me, but its true. Im not the only dnc to avg good numbers. I could name quite a few dncs on this forum that avg just as much as me or more likely higher. Ill probably be able to get 250+ soloing dc's once i get off my lazy *** & make the empy :/. Earlier post was regarding ep's ofc
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-24 18:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I usually dbox dnc+brd for dynamis. However, I find my brd dbox dieing a lot or myself getting 1 shoted from certain tp moves...and having to take saberdance down often. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of making some gear changes to my marchTP set. (My alt is galka so he doesnt have the most fantastic mp pool.)

Marchx2 set?? (only have +3 march in gear on my alt)

Is my evasion capped on DC that oce+1 wouldn't make a difference? Also i'm not a big fan of the +DT from rancorn eck on DC's particular with that tp move from the funguars that has 1 shot me before. Agasayas or nefer?
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-26 20:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try different helms but honestly, any changes you make to that gear set isn't going to noticeably affect your coin rate. I personally use Rancor Collar unless I was going to fight bats in Qufim or Ravens in Buburimu.

What mobs are you doing that are killing your bard? In valkurm, funguar tp moves are conal which are easily avoidable for your bard. Treant tp moves are aoe but they are relatively weak and you can usually wait for 2 of them before your bard needs to cure4 himself. Sheep tp damage moves are single target.

The only time I drop saber dance is when I pull 3-4 mobs. If that happens I'll pop fan dance, swap screens and sleep one, swap screens back to main, box step -> violent flourish -> wild flourish, swap screens back to bard and sleep another one, swap back to main then step (if still not proc'd), curing waltz (if necessary), saber dance, haste samba.

Of course, it took me some time of practicing this before I actually became proficient at it. My bard has died dozens of times, but as I've become better at 2-boxing them more as seperate characters, instead of a mule that just follows me around to sing marches, it has made drastic improvements to my "average" coin rate.

Oh, I also wrote a spellcast for my bard mule so that I could take advantage of better gear, like refresh/regen and +mp gear.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-26 20:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
You could try different helms but honestly, any changes you make to that gear set isn't going to noticeably affect your coin rate. I personally use Rancor Collar unless I was going to fight bats in Qufim or Ravens in Buburimu.

What mobs are you doing that are killing your bard? In valkurm, funguar tp moves are conal which are easily avoidable for your bard. Treant tp moves are aoe but they are relatively weak and you can usually wait for 2 of them before your bard needs to cure4 himself. Sheep tp damage moves are single target.

The only time I drop saber dance is when I pull 3-4 mobs. If that happens I'll pop fan dance, swap screens and sleep one, swap screens back to main, box step -> violent flourish -> wild flourish, swap screens back to bard and sleep another one, swap back to main then step (if still not proc'd), curing waltz (if necessary), saber dance, haste samba.

Of course, it took me some time of practicing this before I actually became proficient at it. My bard has dozens of times, but as I've become better at 2-boxing them more as seperate characters, instead of a mule that just follows me around to sing marches, it has made drastic improvements to my "average" coin rate.

Oh, I also wrote a spellcast for my bard mule so that I could take advantage of better gear, like refresh/regen and +mp gear.
I guess i need to get better at position my bard. Rancor Collar has got me(DNC) killed one of the tp moves one shotted me b4 i think Dark Spore? I usually pull with my brd with elegy and then come back to my dnc to start on the next.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-01 22:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Spore has got me killed before too, but I use rancor collar and I don't recall it ever 1-shotting me. Can definitely do over 1k though. That's extremely rare though. You can always stun Funguar tp moves if it's happening to you often. They all have semi-long ready times.
Pulling with elegy sounds like a lot of extra work and can be counter-productive if it's slowing down your JA usage and/or kill speed (like not WSing asap). I will do it myself if I have competition, but normally I just lullaby the closest mob and have auto-target on my main so that I don't lose time putting weapons away and pulling them back out.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-01-01 22:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 1005 dmg spores.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-01-01 22:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Dark Spore has got me killed before too, but I use rancor collar and I don't recall it ever 1-shotting me.

I'm mithra and have MP merits :/ lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-01 22:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Will do 1.1k pretty much any time they're over 20% HP. It's annoying but completely stunnable. Worst thing ever is if it gets off and it DAs right after tho