Farming Dyna Currency
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-12 04:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

With Charis Neck/Suppa/Haste(from Oynos)/Haste Samba(not Fan Dance) I sit at 73.48% delay reduction, or about 3.77 times dot increase. Without the neck/Suppa/Samba, you only have 63.40% delay reduction, or about 2.73 times dot increase. This does not include the DA from Saber Dance.

Suppanomimi is the unparalled best earring for dual wielding while Bushi is becoming obsoleted, but the choice is yours on that. I like Charis necklace over Rancor because 3% Dual Wield is nice (increasing return and all that jazz), Subtle Blow is nice to reduce the occurance of TP moves, and Damage Taken +10% does not sit well with me while I have no shadows and want to extend Saber Dance as long as possible.

Phurba is a perfectly fine dagger if you don't feel that you are on DNC enough to warrant doing a Magian Dagger. If you do though, DA path or the STR path are excellent options. AGI path would also be a very easy and pretty decent path to do as well. Additionally, all the good Magian daggers are rank 5 now (damage over 45) which helps with dot and ws damage. Just for the love of god do not do the OA2-4 damage dagger. Sure you will get TP fast, but its 23 damage will kill your DPS, the major source of DNC damage.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-12 04:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
why is blu better than both?
I second this question. BST and DNC both have TH which BLU atm does not.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-12 04:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I hate those oat2-4 weapons on all types lol. I started the agi/evade knife, but haven't finished it yet, due to laziness lol.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-12 04:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't something mentioned about blu's TH trait going up a tier with the level 99 spells?
If that'd be the case with the TH sash from abyssea - La theine you'd be on par with Dipper yuly's TH I believe, unless that's higher than TH3, not sure.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-12 04:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that Blue hasn't obtained TH yet. I thought that was with this next update. I doubt that SE will give them TH2 though, so with the sash, that will put them at TH2, same as DNC/THF.

Dipper Yuly has TH3.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-12 04:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow... was solo'ing as I was typing this, and died in a bad spot in bubu, with RR up... got up, got hit, died again :(. Had a very ***run :(
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-12 04:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
I thought that Blue hasn't obtained TH yet. I thought that was with this next update. I doubt that SE will give them TH2 though, so with the sash, that will put them at TH2, same as DNC/THF.

Dipper Yuly has TH3.

Oh no, you're right it gets gilfinder not TH lol
then with a new spell that gilfinder gets bumped up to TH >.> lol
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-12 04:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol there ya go, don't read threads while doing solo dyna xD

(sorry dude, better luck next time)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-12 04:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it literally had nothing to do with surfing here.. Mandies link from miles and miles away, I had like 5 on me >_<.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-12 05:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Them mandies are little ***, I wont lie D:
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-12 05:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It was the nightmare sleep that got me... nothing I could have done with so many on me. Other than that I was fine. I can hold 4-5 on me without dying, as long as I don't get hit with that nightmare sleep >_<
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-12 05:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I hate that sleep move. It is the worst thing ever. I swear it has a hidden effect of evasion -500 or something as well. Normal sleep has a hidden effect of evasion +500 of course.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-12 05:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had an evasion dagger I might be able to rock the saber dance full time...but idk. 9 or so runs (a lot of them short due to horrendous luck), and no white proc yet.. but I'm bound to get one sooner or later.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-12 05:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
If I had an evasion dagger I might be able to rock the saber dance full time...but idk. 9 or so runs (a lot of them short due to horrendous luck), and no white proc yet.. but I'm bound to get one sooner or later.

After having only one white proc after about a dozen runs, I gave up on that. My currency per run increased by roughly 50%. Which in the long run beats the minuscule white proc rate.

Give /THF a shot some time. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-12 05:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Some runs are awesome, some just plain suck, My average as nin/dnc is about 100-110 give or take.
This is based off of duo/trio runs I've done in the past though, where 3 of us have gotten about 300-330ish coins total.

I don't normally go into dynamis with an emphasis on white staggers it's just a waste of time in most cases, if you've got the people then go for it, but in the past 2 months I've done dynamis I've only seen it happen 3 times, it's a double edged sword essentially.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-12 05:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only soloing for my Amano. No duo, no buddies to farm when I farm since it's usually pretty late. So I limited myself to dnc, since its a good soloer... I don't think nin is better because you have to waste so much on tools.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 06:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Levelled DNC recently for two reasons:
1) Always wanted to do since level 75
2) To farm dynamis currency

I was expecting to see at least one white proc per run, how naive I've been! Reading from all your posts around it seems to be pretty rare.
Atm I'm helping a friend finishing his Mandau (which means we're not splitting coins at the end, he gets everything).
We did a few runs with his THF/DNC and my NIN/DNC. Each time we got roughly 300 singles (bit less maybe), couple of times we got a 100 piece from the tree NM.
We usually farm Valkurm. Trees > Orctraps > Sheeps.
Dunno if there's a better path to do.
Trees are uberly easy, Orctraps and Sheeps are annoying with the sleep thing... any different path you suggest?

Btw, getting back to the topic, I tried DNC/00 the first time yesterday. My DNC still sucks (at least I have 26% haste!) and probably my skills do too. We got around uhm 250ish coins yesterday, which is not too bad but honestly it all felt smoother on my NIN/DNC.

Thinking about the future and my solo-farming runs in the future, I think I'll consider going DNC/THF. I suppose level correction at level 99 should make the Agi/eva dagger useless, since with a bit of eva stuff here and there (Boxer's, Evatorque, Ballerines, AF3+2 legs) we should be at capped eva already? Which if I recall is 85% evasion rate.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 06:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We (Trio: WHM/BLM, DNC/---, MNK/THF) average a white proc every 4-5 runs. Our currency average with shitty competition is 120-130.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 06:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

120-130 after you split in 3, I guess? Lookin nice if it's just singles.
Still... from what I've read so far in this thread it doesn't really seem worth it to go DNC/00 if you're solo, much better to go DNC/THF, and at that point THF/DNC would be even better, but I don't have THF so DNC shall be for me lol.
Where do you go farming usually? Qufim, Valk or Bubu?

I'd love to farm on something less annoying than the Trees > Orctraps > Sheeps path I've been farming so far in Valk (Trees are fine, but the sleep from the latter 2 is annoying), but I'm afraid other combinations may be even more annoying >_>

I guess orctraps/sheeps are fine when you have a mage or someone /WHM who can stay out of range and cast cure to wake you up.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 06:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No. That's overall. We don't split because I'm going for Aegis.

Once my PLD is 95 and geared, I'll be using it instead of WHM. The MNK isn't 95 yet, and will be leveling THF once it is.

Edit: We farm in Qufim
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2011-12-12 07:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I also tribox Valk quite frequently thf/nin whm/rdm and dnc/000. I avg 190-210 singles per run + the occasional 100 here and there. I only trigger with the dnc and kill with thf.

I usually do hippos >> manticores >> flys. The only camp that is annoying is the hippos cuz all the bsts are piled up in that camp. But there are enough mobs to support 4-5 bsts and 1 pt with little downtime due to their HP.

As for solo I think dnc/thf would probably do ok but these mobs seem to put out a decent amount of dmg through TP moves that would really cut down on dmg output. But the bsts seem to have no problems.

Edit: Krizz, how far along are you on Aegis? :D
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-12-12 07:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried duo DNC/00 and MNK/DNC a few times, but lack of TH definately hurts.Only tried it for 3 runs but no white procs and only around 150 currency total each time.

With DNC/THF and MNK/DNC we usually get 280-310 total. So even with a white proc each run we still would have been better off DNC/THF than DNC/00
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 07:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, DNC/00 definitely not worth it seems. Wish I had bothered to look for details about it earlier :(
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 07:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Idevlboy said: »
Edit: Krizz, how far along are you on Aegis? :D
~20%

I didn't update my tracker last night after our run so I'm not sure exactly. Halfway done with Bynes, ~150 short from halfway on Whiteshells. And a lot go on Bronzepieces, of course.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 07:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Sigh, DNC/00 definitely not worth it seems. Wish I had bothered to look for details about it earlier :(
The rule generally seems to be that if you're not sacrificing TH, then DNC/--- is viable. It depends on your kill speed and how quickly you can proc.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-12-12 07:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

so what zone is 'best' for a solo dnc/??? (haven't really fully figured out what sub to use, if any lol)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 07:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
The rule generally seems to be that if you're not sacrificing TH, then DNC/--- is viable. It depends on your kill speed and how quickly you can proc.
Yes but when I'm duoing with my THF friend then it means he has to come THF/NIN, because since you can't proc the same NM twice, I assume the same goes for white procs, and you shouldn't be able to white proc a NM that's been red procced.
Which brings us to the conclusion that if he's the one to proc, it means on that mob I won't be able to get my 0.000000000001% of a white proc.

So... yeah, if we want me on DNC/00 he should rather come THF/NIN.
But that would also mean slower kills. Would take more to get proc with only one person, me, spamming steps/violent on the targets.

So the big final question is:
Is it worth in the long run to slow down kills (THF/NIN + DNC/00) for a very small chance of white proc when we could just go THF/DNC + DNC/NIN (or maybe even better NIN/DNC) and get procs faster + kill faster?
I'm leaning to think that no, it's not worth it, but I guess we'll try a few more times an find on our own.

In the single run we did so far with me on DNC/00 we got less currency than we did on previous runs (THF/DNC + NIN/DNC), around uhm... 250ish singles, which is still pretty good mind me, but less than the 300ish we got with the previous setup.
(it also has to be said that I need to improve a lot on DNC and my gear is pretty shameful, despite me reaching 26% haste)
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-12 07:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but when I'm duoing with my THF friend then it means he has to come THF/NIN, because since you can't proc the same NM twice, I assume the same goes for white procs, and you shouldn't be able to white proc a NM that's been red procced.
Which brings us to the conclusion that if he's the one to proc, it means on that mob I won't be able to get my 0.000000000001% of a white proc.

So... yeah, if we want me on DNC/00 he should rather come THF/NIN.
But that would also mean slower kills. Would take more to get proc with only one person, me, spamming steps/violent on the targets.

So the big final question is:
Is it worth in the long run to slow down kills (THF/NIN + DNC/00) for a very small chance of white proc when we could just go THF/DNC + DNC/NIN (or maybe even better NIN/DNC) and get procs faster + kill faster?
I'm leaning to think that no, it's not worth it, but I guess we'll try a few more times an find on our own.

In the single run we did so far with me on DNC/00 we got less currency than we did on previous runs (THF/DNC + NIN/DNC), around uhm... 250ish singles, which is still pretty good mind me, but less than the 300ish we got with the previous setup.
(it also has to be said that I need to improve a lot on DNC and my gear is pretty shameful, despite me reaching 26% haste)
I'm not saying to make him stop proccing. It will lower your chance at a white proc, but having a sub probably won't change your kill speed by very much.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 07:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »
so what zone is 'best' for a solo dnc/??? (haven't really fully figured out what sub to use, if any lol)
/THF is the suggested subjob for DNC soloers, according to all the feedback in this thread.

Makes a lot of sense. Read it up and you'll agree.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-12-12 07:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying to make him stop proccing. It will lower your chance at a white proc, but having a sub probably won't change your kill speed by very much.
My sub (lol /NIN) wouldn't really increase killspeed a lot.
But the fact I'm the only one attempting to proc = we're gonna end up holding up mobs for procs longer, i.e. less overall killed mobs, i.e. less coins.
Unless my logic fails somewhere? (likely to be so! xD)

And tbh I think if I go DNC/00 he *has* to stop getting procs.
I mean, in our run yesterday he got roughly 50% of the procs.
That means I got 50% less chances to get a White.
That's a big difference!

Altough yeah, I get your point. 50% more chance to proc a 0.000001% thing isn't worth the time you're losing by making so he doesn't proc.